Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Waiting for Sweetness to defend Deron here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no defense of Deron but that's the age of basketball today where players are the law. Any time a young player gains favor with management over one of the most successful coaches of all time it's sad. There are very few coaches in the league that players respect. I believe one of the reasons LeBron and Bosh signed in Miami is because they felt the 3 of them could run the team and loved having a coach like Spoelstra that they could undermind and treat like crap. I guarantee you if LeBron had a choice of either Mike Brown or Phil Jackson as a coach he'd pick Brown because Brown was his biotch.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Saw a good discussion on ESPN: the all-time Lakers/Celtics team combined vs. the rest of the NBA's best

PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Larry Bird
PF - Bill Russell
C - Kareem Abdul Jabar

Bench

Bob Cousy
Jerry West
James Worthy
Kevin McHale
Wilt Chamberlain

vs

PG - Oscar Robertson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - LeBron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Hakeem Olajuwon

Bench

John Stockton
George Gervin
Julius Erving
Moses Malone
David Robinson
We're just going to pretend that they are going to play an actual do-or-die game and that this isn't fellating the 'best ever' concept.

Here's what's wrong with both sides;

Lakers/Celtics:
-Bob Cousy couldn't handle anybody in this day and age. Switch with Dennis Johnson.
-Wilt Chamberlain would have to be handled in a SPECIFIC way to be useful even as a sub- too much drama needed. Switch with Robert Parish.
-Add Kurt Rambis and somebody else for 11th-12th men, players who won't gripe about PT.

Other Teams:
-Oscar Robertson never truly played Point, and was a [BLEEP]. Worse yet, he's probably a [BLEEP] who would have problems co-existing with other elite players.
-Can Michael Jordan and LeBron James get a pecking order down or are they going to torch the club?
-Gervin's just a volume scorer. Can't defend, not especially team-oriented.
-Erving doesn't have an outside shot but not an indefensible selection.

I'd move Stockton up to Starter (Remember that supposedly Isiah and Jordan HATED each other) or go with Chris Paul and let Stockton remain as backup.

As for the rest, I don't really know.

ADDENDUM: Oh yes, I have one more thing. Switch Erving or Gervin with Scottie Pippen and maybe move him up to SF if LeBron can't handle playing with Jordan.

Last edited by Zycho32 : 02-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Waiting for Sweetness to defend Deron here.
Defend him for what? If he in fact caused a schism then that's pretty sad. I love Deron as a player and he's class off the court as well, but this year he's been a *****. I know he was whiny before the season started and looked like he didn't care to be out there. Last night he looked frustrated and pissed off as well.

Deron's still one of my favorite players in the league, but if this rumor is true then I lost some respect for him. He should be blaming that **** organization for taking all this talent away if anything. He shouldn't be blaming a Hall of Fame coach.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
The Hornets are the ******* 5th seed in the West purely because of CP3.
And David West. And Emeka Okafor.

I can make the same argument for Dirk, Rose, Dwight, Aldridge, Deron etc. None of those teams would be legit without their best player. Westbrook and Durant cancel each other out and won't get the votes.

It's all going to come down to wins. The best player with the best record from those candidates will get it.

I highly doubt LeBron wins another one this year and I don't think he should either. He is the best player in the league, but he also plays next to two All-Stars (once of which is probably the 2nd best player in the league). Also, getting it 3 years in a row? Michael couldn't even do that even though he was bar none the best player in the game.

I'd go;

1) Dirk
2) Derrick
3) Dwight
4) Paul
5) Aldridge
6) Deron

*Not including LeBron, Durant, Westbrook or Wade because each of those guys is playing with an elite player*

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to give it to Bron, because he is the best player in the league.

Most Valuable Player is the award, you take him off the Heat, they could still be in the playoffs. I guess Rose? but they might be able to even get in as like a 8 seed without him.

Sorry for my Amare homerism but I might give it to him.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't really fault LeBron for playing with an elite player in the MVP process. MJ still got his MVPs and the team was still pretty damn good without him, since he had an elite player next to him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I want to give it to Bron, because he is the best player in the league.

Most Valuable Player is the award, you take him off the Heat, they could still be in the playoffs. I guess Rose? but they might be able to even get in as like a 8 seed without him.

Sorry for my Amare homerism but I might give it to him.
8th seed with a full strength team, but our guard play would be horrendous without Rose. The Bulls have played 9 games with an entire roster this year and find themselves 20 games over .500. Derrick is the main reason for this happening. He's been unreal this year.

That said Dirk is also putting up efficient numbers and big wins. That's why he has my vote right now.

Also, what about Kevin Love? 20 and 15 this year? His team is terrible though so it makes you wonder if they're just that bad or if his stats aren't that meaningful. The MVP should be a combination of wins, stats and perceived value IMO.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You can't really fault LeBron for playing with an elite player in the MVP process.
Yes I can because he chose to play with those guys and IMO threw his MVP chances out the window for titles. I'm not debating why he did it or whether or not he's a *****. I'm debating the fact that he chose to have two guys next to him that could carry the load.

I don't think there's any doubt that he is not only the most talented and best player in the league, but value wise? If he has an off night Wade and Bosh can pick up the slack and carry them. If Rose, Dwight or any of the guys I listed have bad nights it's very hard for them to win. LeBron has a guy next to him in Wade that can carry a team every night. That's a pretty big luxury to have. If you want to hand out the offensive player of the year award or something like that then I'd be fine giving it to LeBron, but MVP? LeBron makes a good team great (playoffs to playoffs). The rest of those guys make their teams bad/mediocre to good/very good (out of playoffs to playoffs). There en-lies my perceived value of who should be in the running for MVP.

Quote:
Old 02-10-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron is the MVP people saying otherwise are either homers or haters, get over it
Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
And David West. And Emeka Okafor.

I can make the same argument for Dirk, Rose, Dwight, Aldridge, Deron etc. None of those teams would be legit without their best player. Westbrook and Durant cancel each other out and won't get the votes.

It's all going to come down to wins. The best player with the best record from those candidates will get it.

I highly doubt LeBron wins another one this year and I don't think he should either. He is the best player in the league, but he also plays next to two All-Stars (once of which is probably the 2nd best player in the league). Also, getting it 3 years in a row? Michael couldn't even do that even though he was bar none the best player in the game.

I'd go;

1) Dirk
2) Derrick
3) Dwight
4) Paul
5) Aldridge
6) Deron

*Not including LeBron, Durant, Westbrook or Wade because each of those guys is playing with an elite player*
You really think the Hornets would be anything with Okafor and West leading them? I don't see why those guys are anything better than what Rose is working with. I don't really think CP3 deserves the MVP anymore because he's slowed down since the beginning of the year but his supporting cast really does suck compared to the rest of the Western Conference.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron takes the Heat from good to championship contenders, sounds valuable to me.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
LeBron is the MVP people saying otherwise are either homers or haters, get over it
As a hater who actually thinks he is the MVP, yeah pretty much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I really don't understand how playing on a team with a lot of good players disqualifies you from MVP contention, most MVP's come from good teams who cares how it came about? Fact is it did and he's playing MVP level basketball.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have LBJ as my number 2. The hornets would jsut be absolute trash with CP3....they are currently the 5th seed in the West which is damn impressive
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah I really don't understand how playing on a team with a lot of good players disqualifies you from MVP contention, most MVP's come from good teams who cares how it came about? Fact is it did and he's playing MVP level basketball.
People just have such contradicting views on the MVP. People say you can't be MVP if you have elite players around you, but these same people say you can't be MVP if your team doesn't make the playoffs or isn't a high seed. Any time I hear people say it I want to take their balls.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not believe that the Heat minus LeBron James are serious title contenders. I don't think you can exclude him from MVP discussions for that reason.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I would have LBJ as my number 2. The hornets would jsut be absolute trash with CP3....they are currently the 5th seed in the West which is damn impressive

There hasn't been an MVP on a team that has won few than 50 games since Moses Malone. If the Hornets win more than 50, it won't be many more. More often than not it is the elite player on the elite team that takes home the trophy.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron is absolutely, unequivocally, and easily the MVP. Derrick Rose is 2nd, Paul is up there, etc, etc, but LeBron is still crushing everyone this year. First, he has the best stats in the league by far. Second, he's on one of the best teams in the league. Third, that team (Miami), has proven to SUCK when he doesnt play. Fourth, Cleveland.

There is no way, under any circumstance, that anyone is even close to LeBron this year, and this is coming from someone who'd still take Kobe over him 100 times out of 100.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron Williams supposedly ignores a play drawn up in a timeout, and just does what he wants. Sloan wanted to penalize (fine or suspend) WIlliams to send a message, and the front office said no.

Way to have some balls, Jazz. 1 losing season in 22.5 seasons, and you side with the player that's probably leaving anyway and a bunch of nobodies over your Hall of Fame coach. No wonder your organization will never win anything ever...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I do not believe that the Heat minus LeBron James are serious title contenders. I don't think you can exclude him from MVP discussions for that reason.
I think the Bosh/Wade duo would be enough to be legitimate "contenders", at least if they could stay healthy, but obviously LeBron puts them over and above generic "contender" status.

And for people suggesting guys on middle of the road teams, it just won't happen. LeBron in 07-08 was 30 ppg(1st in NBA), 7.9 RPG, 7.2 APG on the 4th place Cavs. His finish in the MVP race? Fourth. The guys ahead of him?
1. Kobe(1st in West)
2. Chris Paul (2nd in West)
3. Kevin Garnett (1st in East, overall)

If LeBron can't sniff the MVP on a middling playoff team with those kinds of numbers, no one can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
As a hater who actually thinks he is the MVP, yeah pretty much.
And this is me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Fair enough. I guess my perception on 'value' is doing something without a lot of help. Numbers wise, wins wise, efficiency wise LeBron is the MVP, but he has factors working against him. He plays alongside Wade/Bosh and has won two straight MVP's. The best player doesn't always get the award (see: Nash, Steve).

I also believed that Wade should've received the MVP award one of the two previous seasons for what he did with that Miami team.

Assuming all the teams continue their current pace it's realistically going to come down to James, Rose, Dirk and Durant.

Who do I think should win it? Dirk, especially if he keeps it going without Caron Butler. Wins + stats + no All-Stars. Who do I think will win it? Durant, especially if he can keep it going. He was the pre-season favorite for the award going into the year and he's caught fire as of late.

It would be pretty awesome though to see Rose win it. I know his efficiency stats aren't that great, but he's had a fantastic year so far. Without disqualifying anyone I'd rank them right now:

1) Dirk
2) Rose
3) LeBron
4) Durant
5) Dwight/CP3

It all depends on where these teams finish though. Wins are a key factor in the voting.

Here's how I think it'll end up:

1) Dirk
2) LeBron
3) Durant
4) Rose
5) CP3

Quote:
Old 02-10-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The Lakers retro jerseys look so much better than their new ones, I don't understand the constant need for teams to change their uniforms, especially teams with tradition like LA.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Also someone please tell Marv Albert that a shot from the free throw line extended is not a "tough angle of shot" because he says it every single game and it's not true.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You really think the Hornets would be anything with Okafor and West leading them? I don't see why those guys are anything better than what Rose is working with. I don't really think CP3 deserves the MVP anymore because he's slowed down since the beginning of the year but his supporting cast really does suck compared to the rest of the Western Conference.
No, but they are nice complimentary pieces. West is quietly having a pretty damn good year and Okafor solidified the interior before he went down. They're also a very good defensive team. Paul doesn't have guys who help his stats, but he does have guys who help him win games (same with Rose and the defense his team is playing).

I'll note this again, but Derrick has had his team at full strength for a total of 9 games this year (I'd argue about 6 since it took Carlos a bit to get back into the swing of things after his injury). His team is also 20 games over .500. The difference between Rose and Paul for me is win total because both have great defensive teams with limited offensive options.

The Mavs really struggled when Dirk went out of the lineup, yet they are the #2 team in the West.

Dwight drops 40/15 on us and loses by double digits. His team continues to be an enigma.

CP3 is definitely a legit candidate for MVP and I should probably rank him higher considering his circumstances. If I had Wade as high as he was then Paul deserves a serious amount of credit as well. Although Wade didn't have a David West or Emeka Okafor.

There's a lot more season to go though and things could change, but I still have Dirk as my #1.

I still believe though that Durant will end up winning the MVP. He was the hot name to start the year and his game is heating up as well. OKC needs to get to the #2 or #3 slot though for that to happen.

Quote: