Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
BBD come on man, this is so far from the truth. Harris has been a very good PG for us and I wouldn't trade him straight up for Felton. Not at all.

But giving up 2 1sts for Mozgov and Chandler? awesome. Especially for Chandler. I loveee me some Wilson Chandler. Mozgov would be ok I guess. Anyone's an upgrade over the garbage that is Johan Petro
I actually like Mozgov. I'm not saying he's going to be a great player, but I think if you're patient with him and let him develop, he can become a 10/10 player with 2 blocks a game.

That's not bad for a Center in today's league.

Harris hasn't been the same for 2 years now. I don't know what it is, but he's just not that great anymore. I was all about Harris in 08, but since then, he's fallen off pretty hard.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I actually like Mozgov. I'm not saying he's going to be a great player, but I think if you're patient with him and let him develop, he can become a 10/10 player with 2 blocks a game.

That's not bad for a Center in today's league.

Harris hasn't been the same for 2 years now. I don't know what it is, but he's just not that great anymore. I was all about Harris in 08, but since then, he's fallen off pretty hard.
That is unlikely. Not to mention his defence is bad

Last edited by Chucky : 02-21-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chucky taking shots at Knicks players what a shock
Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
That is unlikely. Not to mention his defence is turrible.
He's only a rookie, a raw one at that. Give him time to work on his game.

Recently he's been getting legit minutes for the Knicks and he gets like 8 points and 8 boards a game with some blocks already. I certainly think he can become a consistent 10/10 with 2 blocks moving forward.

He gets like 8 points on hustle and put backs right now. He has no offensive game whatsoever, but he's trying and I think he'll develop a little bit at least.

I'm not saying he's a world beater by any means, but I think he can develop into a decent guy if you are willing to develop him. He's got that European work ethic. You know he'll work on his game.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 players in the NBA average a double double. 6 players average 2 blocks. Saying Mozgov will not hit either of these is not taking a shot at him....and i do not think any Knicks fans would say his defence is good
Old 02-21-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is unlikely. Not to mention his defence is bad
Hey now people, you forget Chucky saw him play one time in person at the beginning of the year when he was super new to the NBA game so he sucks for life.

I mean, it's not like Mozgov is averaging 9 points, 6 and half rebounds, and a block his past 10 games in just 25 minutes. Not to mention he's shooting a great percentage from the field too.

Make him a full fledged, 30+ minute starter and he'll average at least 10 points and 8/9 boards a night. This is his first season in the NBA and he's doing a pretty damn good job for being incredibly raw.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Meh, is 10/10 really that unrealistic? It's not like I'm saying he's going to be a 20/10 player.

In the last 5 games when he's played an avg of 24 minutes a game, he's averaged 7 points and 8 boards a game roughly.

Maybe not 10/10 a night, let's say 8/10. That's still not bad. I'll take that.

Will that stop me from putting him in a package for Melo? Hell ******* no. But I don't think he's that bad of a project to take on if you're patient with him.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If he just works on his basketball IQ, which I think will develop with more playing time, works on his core strength so he doesn't get so many hand check fouls in the paint and get pushed around, which is also not unrealistic, and just works on a jumpshot, which again, is not unrealistic, I think he can become a very solid player.

His growth from the beginning of the season to now has been exponential, and he's only a rookie.

You can't teach 7 1" either.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Hey now people, you forget Chucky saw him play one time in person at the beginning of the year when he was super new to the NBA game so he sucks for life.

I mean, it's not like Mozgov is averaging 9 points, 6 and half rebounds, and a block his past 10 games in just 25 minutes. Not to mention he's shooting a great percentage from the field too.

Make him a full fledged, 30+ minute starter and he'll average at least 10 points and 8/9 boards a night. This is his first season in the NBA and he's doing a pretty damn good job for being incredibly raw.
It isn't just as simple as extrapolating bench players numbers to more minutes. If that was the case Hamed Haddadi would be averaging 15+ rpg, Dahntay Jones 20 PPG, and Larry Sanders 3+ BPG
Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omer Asik > Timofey Mozgov!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It isn't just as simple as extrapolating bench players numbers to more minutes. If that was the case Hamed Haddadi would be averaging 15+ rpg, Dahntay Jones 20 PPG, and Larry Sanders 3+ BPG
But is extrapolating 3 more rebounds and 2 more points in 10 more minutes really that big of a stretch? Sounds pretty ******* reasonable to me.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ekpe Udoh>>>>Omer Asik>Timofey Mozgov!

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
But is extrapolating 3 more rebounds and 2 more points in 10 more minutes really that big of a stretch? Sounds pretty ******* reasonable to me.
That's based on only 10 games though. It is stupid to extrapolate when using such a small sample size
Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Mozgov is acting as a dealbreaker. I just think the Knicks realize that the Nuggets have lost a lot of their leverage and would rather keep him knowing full well that the Nuggs will still take that package without the 7-footer.

And Mozgov is VERY young and still adjusting to LIFE here let alone basketball. I agree with Forenci and BBD - he's got upside and is absolutely worth keeping.

And the Nets do not like Devin Harris. They would definitely rather have Felton. They were going to trade Harris for Andre Miller and reports have surfaced that he isn't the hardest working guy and the team has soured on him. Which isn't surprising considering he hasn't really progressed as a player and is immersed in a culture of losing.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris and Felton are both good but not great PGs.

However I think Felton fits the NY mold real well (tough), yeah a 3some of Melo, Stat and Paul/Williams will be better than Felt/Melo/Stat, no ****.

It would be more balanced than the MIA attack and I know depth isn't huge, but it still matters.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want this trade to happen already so i can stop reading so much Knicks related **** on this thread. Blaaahhhhh

Someone talk about something else!!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I want this trade to happen already so i can stop reading so much Knicks related **** on this thread. Blaaahhhhh

If your sick on Knicks talk you should want this trade to die not happen. Cause Knick fans are just going to talk more if they have Melo.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

Something stupid for your viewing pleasure:

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys know that the Knicks might get Carmelo?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually watched all of that. Stupid indeed, but i do like Javale McGee. We need him on the Kings :D
Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Did you guys know that the Knicks might get Carmelo?
Him, LeBron and Bill Walker will make one hell of a trio.

Also...Can we talk more about how Demar got robbed?

Old 02-21-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chucky I was just got around to watching him on the greatest link ever provided.. it is a shame I forgot who it was..

http://hoopism.com/?p=961

Just because Demar made his dunks look so easy, he lost and Blake already won it. Demar did get robbed though.
Go Amare.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Ya I've seen that link before. So ******* awesome.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Him, LeBron and Bill Walker will make one hell of a trio.

Also...Can we talk more about how Demar got robbed?

The reverse windmill was soooo nasty. Didn't get enough credit. If only there happened to be a Kia in front of the basket.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

J richardson and Vince are freaks of nature. Iggs is pretty insane too.
Go Amare.