Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerryd Bayless is playing soooooo ******* bad tonight. Jeez
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to be an avid Wild Cats fan, not so much anymore. Dont watch college as much as I used to...But yeah, I never really got the hype with Bayless. I def. saw him as an Arenas starter kit, but him struggling to make a real name for himself doesnt really surprise me. Wasnt too keen on Jordan Hill either...the Bosh comparisons were ridiculous, imo. Hill looks like he can end being a pretty good one, however. But he wont ever be Bosh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Jordan Hill and I think his ceiling is a starting 4.. Bayless is more of a 6th man at most but as Chucky said he is playing bad tonight and sometimes just can't buy a bucket and than can go off for 15-20.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Harris has a big chance of being moved and he wants to go back to Dallas which IMO makes zero sense given they have Jkidd and Barrea there, plus Roddy B is back and he is essentially a younger and cheaper version of Harris. Hopefully Harris is sent to Atlanta which is one of the rumors. I really think he could be huge for the Hawks as Bibby is simply a week link beyond 3 pointers. A closing lineup with Harris, Crawford, Joe Johnson, Smoove, and Horford would be great. Not sure what we could offer though. Says we aren't offering Marvin, lol like anyone would want him. For a salary dump the Hawks could offer Jeff Teague, Mo Evans, Etan Thomas, and whatever necessary pick. Another interesting rumor on Hoopshype is the Thunder inquiring about Nene. As a closet Thunder fan I really hope they could land Nene even if it means they have to part ways with Jeff Green. Because if they get Nene all of a sudden their front line with Nene, Ibaka, Collison, Kristic would have the size and length to contend with anyone. They would then in the offseason be one solid SF signing away from being serious title contenders.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard the Hawks are going after Sessions and Manny Harris for Evans and Teague.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I heard the Hawks are going after Sessions and Manny Harris for Evans and Teague.
They've had their eye on Sessions for a while and I think that deal is their backup plan. I definitely would love the move. Sessions brings solid defense and point guard skills. He could run the fast break with our athletes. I've pretty much given up on Teague. He's a decent scorer but he will never be a real point guard. I don't doubt with more minutes he could average double figures as a scoring punch off the bench but as a point he stinks.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
They've had their eye on Sessions for a while and I think that deal is their backup plan. I definitely would love the move. Sessions brings solid defense and point guard skills. He could run the fast break with our athletes. I've pretty much given up on Teague. He's a decent scorer but he will never be a real point guard. I don't doubt with more minutes he could average double figures as a scoring punch off the bench but as a point he stinks.
Well that's why I posted it I wanted to know if you guys are pushing for Sessions or Harris more. I would go after Sessions cause Harris would cost more. Wish I can have Sessions backing up Billups but it wont happen for us.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like Harris has a big chance of being moved and he wants to go back to Dallas which IMO makes zero sense given they have Jkidd and Barrea there, plus Roddy B is back and he is essentially a younger and cheaper version of Harris. Hopefully Harris is sent to Atlanta which is one of the rumors. I really think he could be huge for the Hawks as Bibby is simply a week link beyond 3 pointers. A closing lineup with Harris, Crawford, Joe Johnson, Smoove, and Horford would be great. Not sure what we could offer though. Says we aren't offering Marvin, lol like anyone would want him. For a salary dump the Hawks could offer Jeff Teague, Mo Evans, Etan Thomas, and whatever necessary pick. Another interesting rumor on Hoopshype is the Thunder inquiring about Nene. As a closet Thunder fan I really hope they could land Nene even if it means they have to part ways with Jeff Green. Because if they get Nene all of a sudden their front line with Nene, Ibaka, Collison, Kristic would have the size and length to contend with anyone. They would then in the offseason be one solid SF signing away from being serious title contenders.

Nene to the Thunder would be awesome. One of the most underrated players in the league imo. Crazy efficient offensively, solid rebounder, great defender, he's everything they need and everything they could hope for Ibaka to be someday minus the shotblocking except now they would get it right away. If I were OKC I'd part with Green in a heartbeat for him, Green is a decent player but he really hasn't improved since he got drafted.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

BTW I was looking at salaries the other day and Nick Collison has a ridiculous front loaded contract. He makes 13.2 mil this year, lol. After this year though they have him locked in 4 more years at around 2.8 mil per year. You could definitely do worse for a backup big. He's a very solid big man. I think more teams should do this with role players. Give them an extension early at a moderate rate for say 5 years, instead of waiting until they are a free agent and demand a contract closer to the MLE.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
The Bulls actually received a 1st Rounder for Johnson (Miami's pick).

I really, really, really want Aaron Afflalo though, or Marcus Thornton would be okay too.

Reports out there say that we're looking at Courtney Lee. He'd bring some athleticism and scoring to the 2 spot, but he's not the big time perimeter threat most think we need. I just want a guy to take the pressure off Rose and space the floor. Lee might be able to do that.
Afflalo is probably best-case in terms of fit, we'll see what he'd actually cost. Thornton would be solid as a shooter, Lee could be good to knock down some corner threes and defend but it seems like Houston wants a pretty good return for him, Mayo has upside and is a buy low which I like but should require a decent amount in return, and Parker wouldn't offer a ton more than they have but would be alright if he doesn't cost much (some combination of second rounders). Obviously they have something in mind as I doubt the Miami first in a weak draft helps much, but in terms of an asset to use in another trade it's definitely a good move. Also would like to see what JJ can do with some minutes because he's obviously incredibly talented, hope he's able to find some success in Toronto with a better opportunity there than he had in Chicago.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jeff Green rumors actually intrigue the hell out of me...I'd love to see him in a more prominent scoring role. He's the third option behind two elite players. His numbers would probably see a pretty nice climb elsewhere.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

The Nuggets should look to extend Nene. Idk why they don't or why they would want to trade him for Jeff Green unless they have a 3rd team to send Green to where they are getting a lot.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think the biggest thing is that Green is always playing out of position. He's a 3 who can play 4. Not the other way around. At SF it maximizes his skills as a solid ball handler and passer. Also allows him to post up smaller guys. He has the foot speed to guard most 3's in the league. I just don't think he's big enough to be playing down low so much. I think if he can play the 3 on another team he would be a borderline allstar.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I think the biggest thing is that Green is always playing out of position. He's a 3 who can play 4. Not the other way around. At SF it maximizes his skills as a solid ball handler and passer. Also allows him to post up smaller guys. He has the foot speed to guard most 3's in the league. I just don't think he's big enough to be playing down low so much. I think if he can play the 3 on another team he would be a borderline allstar.
I agree 100%

I really want to see him play SF full time...probably as much as I want to see Bargs play PF full time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Send him to the Clippers they have a opening at the 3 spot.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

A Green for Kaman type package would be perfect if Kaman weren't so damn injury prone. Kaman's stock though is definitely low now even with his attractive contract since it appears as if Deandre Jordan is just as good if not better for the Clips.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Apparently there have been internal discussions within the Grizz about trading Zach Randolph to Orlando for J Rich and Brandon Bass. But no offer has been made yet.

But as the article also states...Troy Murphy may get bought out, and would be a much cheaper option for Orlando.

I personally would have no interest in moving Bass...for a Randolph rental. But it certainly would make sense from a win right now perspective.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-22-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nuggets get a 17.15 Mil Trade Exception, I knew there was one going somewhere, I thought it was gonna be the Knicks but it's the Nuggets
Old 02-22-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moth I think having a 15-20 point scorer right next to Dwight, can make the East that much more interesting depending on how everyone else plays on that team.

Cough Cough (Gilbert)
Go Amare.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Moth I think having a 15-20 point scorer right next to Dwight, can make the East that much more interesting depending on how everyone else plays on that team.

Cough Cough (Gilbert)
Gilbert is ******* terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Oh I know Brodeur. I think his performace will be similar to how VC played in the postseason which is sluggish.

Jameer can't handle much either.. I just think getting Randolph could take off some pressure haha.
Go Amare.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Looks like Troy Murphy is close to heading back to Golden State

Golden State and New Jersey near agreement to trade Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright for Troy Murphy and 2012 second rounder, sources tell Y!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Apparently there have been internal discussions within the Grizz about trading Zach Randolph to Orlando for J Rich and Brandon Bass. But no offer has been made yet.

But as the article also states...Troy Murphy may get bought out, and would be a much cheaper option for Orlando.

I personally would have no interest in moving Bass...for a Randolph rental. But it certainly would make sense from a win right now perspective.
Orlando needs to stop blowing up their damn roster and just try to get some consistency.

Jesus.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case u all forgot, the Heat exist. 20 point win. Yeah, I know it was agianst like the third worst team in the NBA and are basically homeless! But hey, BOW DOWN!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post

Cough Cough (Gilbert)
Randolph is certainly a 20 point scorer and an amazing rebounder...but it would only be a one year thing. They couldnt re-sign him and we lose Bass. Who is a fine fit next to Howard. I'm just a Bass fan...I've never been a fan of making moves for a one year run at things. I dont know. Orlando looks to be mortgaging their future a bit with all these moves.

It's certainly doable however...but you may be looking at Redick and Ryan Anderson starting in 2011.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS