Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sermon's NBA Draft Grades

Western Conference Today, Eastern Tomorrow(Lot's to talk about, like the Chicago Bulls, lol)

Portland Trailblazers
Draft Grade:B
Getting Greg Oden was great no doubt but I'm not quite sure I agree with some of the moves they made. First off Oden was the obvious choice for them, as everyone in the world expects him to be the next Bill Russell, me myself I think he will be a good player, an Allstar from fan votes, but he will not in no way shape or form be a hall of famer. Personally if I was Pritchard I would have kept Zebo and drafted Kevin Durant instantly giving them a strong yet young lineup capable of making the playoffs. With Oden you must sit through all of the growing pains with him, I see him as a career, 14 point, 11 rebound type of guy, who gets a couple blocks a game. He will eventually be a top 5 center in the league, but that's not saying much. I have no problem with the pick and think it's the logical one on a PR Standpoint but I wouldn't have taken him, but that's just my opinion, I know the rest of the world thinks the opposite. Rudy Fernandez was an interesting pick up, personally I am not a big fan of his drafting but he can be a solid 10 point scorer in the league. Watching him a lot his handle is atrocious, and I expect him to a sign a 4 year deal in Spain being another Fran Vasquez, so Blazers shouldn't expect to see him atleast the next 2-3 years. I would have kept the cash to get solid veteran help. McRoberts pick, bleh. Many felt he was a first round talent, but his lack of strength, speed, and shooting, IMO limits him to a 8th man at best, I would not be surprised to see him overseas in a couple of years. Taurean Green is a nice pickup and he will develop into a solid backup for years to come. Nichols was another good pickup as he can put the ball in the hoop. I think they had an amazing steal in Derrick Byars but could not understand his trade at all, getting a guy like Byars on such a small 2nd round contract would have been robbery, instead they trade him for Koponen a guy who I don't really like, and doesn't make sense for them. Byars would have been able to make an immediate impact off the bench day 1, with Udoka as their penciled in starter at SF I wouldn't have been surprised to see Byars get into the lineup, instead they trade him away. Koponen is a poor man's Luke Ridnour at best in 5 years but trading up for him just doesn't make sense. You have Jarrett Jack, Sergio Rodriguez is destined to be a star, and you pick up Taurean Green, I just don't see Koponen as a great pickup. Unrelated to the draft we must assess the Zach Randolph trade. It was IMO a bad move because I feel like they could have gotten much more for him. Frye is a softie who doesn't rebound and either he will ruin Lamarcus or he will be stuck on the bench averaging 5 a game. Francis is a cancer to the team, but he could very well be bought out. I have no idea why this dumb frontoffice would make this deal during the draft when it involved no picks. Sit down listen to all offers and decide, they sort of rushed into it, and IMO didn't get the proper value that they could have. All in all they get a B cause they get Oden, but I don't like most of their other moves.

Seattle Supersonics
Draft Grade:A+
Seattle just came out of this draft amazingly. Getting Kevin Durant at #2 is a homerun pick. I have been his biggest fan since he was a sophomore in high school and he should average 20+ his rookie season easy, and add another 7 or so rebounds. Acquiring him gives your franchise a superstar and player to build around. His picking might be the move that keeps Seattle in Seattle. Durant has every single offensive tool that you look for, and some. Say all you want about a stupid bench press, the boy can ball, and will be a superstar. I like many of you were suprised when the trade went down, but at the same time I was so excited and I have now become a closet Sonics fan, it is no secret that Jeff Green is my favorite prospect in the draft, so having both him and Durant and my boy Dwest going to the Sonics, and you have yourself a new fan. I feel as if the Sonics robbed the Celtics on this trade. I absolutely love Ray Allen and he is one of the greatest technical shooters in the past 20 years, 32 going on 33 and with him gone Kevin Durant now knows he is the guy. Wally will help fill the immediate void at SG, and Delonte along with Earl Watson allows Seattle to move Ridnour hopefully for a SG. While ESPN is saying Durant and Green are the next Scottie and Michael, I'd love to believe that but I won't go overboard. I'll say Durant and Green are closer to the next Stockton and Malone if anything, although a weird analogy as is. Green complements Durant perfectly and is a John Stockton in a way. While Durant brings you the 30 points+ a night, Green brings you the ability to handle the ball, as well as run the half court offense through him as either the point forward, or through the post. He also plays great perimeter defense, rebounds exceptionally, passes like a guard, gets steals, and is an elite shot blocker. People will look at his stats and say he's not worth the 5th pick, but the things he does on the court doesn't show up on the stat sheet, he just makes your team win, period. To me this duo has potential to be one of the all time greats, although it's obviously way to early to tell. Getting 2 PG county superstars is always a great thing. Trading away Glen Davis is no big deal as he wouldn't fit the system anyways. I just think Seattle owned this deal, I personally would have taken Green for Allen straight up if the contracts would work, so also getting a solid player in West, and immediate help in Wally Gerbijack, is great for them. Carl Landry in the 2nd round is a great pickup, and unlike all of their other previous big men drafted on potential, you know what you are getting from Landry. He will never probably be a starter, but he will run the court, and do all of the dirty work inside. With room to land a Gerald Wallace they would have an amazing lineup, as is it is already very good:
PG:Ridnour/Earl Dub/Delonte Detras
SG:Wally
SF:KD
PF:Jeff Green
C:Chris Wilcox
Not to mention one of the bigs is bound to develop in Robert Swift, Nick Collison, Saer Sene, Johan Petro.

Memphis Grizzlies
Draft Grade:C+
One pick in the draft, they did what most expected them to do, it's an average pick but IMO not a great pick considering they were drafting #4. Personally if I were them I would have taken Yi, Jeff Green, or even Brewer as I was hearing a lot of coming into the draft. Don't get me wrong Conley is a great player and I am a fan of his game, but he is not Deron Williams or Chris Paul. He will be a good not great NBA PG. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't that much better than Acie and Javaris when all is said and done. Memphis already had a promising young PG in Kyle Lowry who although with injury he showed flashes of greatness. Conley will help them no doubt but I am not a huge fan of this pick.

Minnesota Timberwolves
Draft Grade:C
Just average draft for the Twolves nothing special to make KG back off of his trade demands. Minnesota IMO should have taken Hawes or Thornton, or even Brandan Wright if they believed he has star potential which I personally don't. Brewer doesn't really bring them that much, he won't score, and although he plays good D, I would have been fine with Trenton. Brewer I think is a tad bit overrated and he will most definitely struggle his first year in the league, and everyone in Minny will start saying Rashad McCants. If the Wolves however can land say an Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom the pick will make a little more sense, but as is, KG is jumping on his couch about getting Corey Brewer. Chris Richard at pick 41 was an awful pick. I'm not sure if maybe it was a favor or request from Corey Brewer or something. Richard I see him as having no potential in the NBA and will be in Europe in 2 years time. Funny tidbit from the draft though was that when Brewer was chosen the Diana Ross lookalike Joakim Noah was frowning and angry cause he really believed he was a top 5 pick in the draft and in his head the 3rd pick.

Sacramento Kings
1 Pick in the draft for the Kings. Good player, bad fit. Because the Kings are so terrible you could see Spencer Hawes joining the starting lineup with Brad Miller, forming one of the softest and worst rebounding front court tandems in the league. Kings couldn't defend or rebound worth anything, and Hawes brings everything except for that. Hawes is a bad rebounder, and poor defender. He can score and has great potential but that's not what they needed, but in honestly the Kings are a mess and even if Oden dropped to them at 10, they'd still be a mess.

New Orleans Hornets
Draft Grade D+
Awful, Awful, Hornets draft. I had such high hopes for them seeing that they could have really made a huge impact in the draft to improve their team. They have Chris Paul, Stoijankovic, and a great young frontcourt with stars Tyson and underrated as hell David West, and the lottery pair from last year, so all they needed was a couple spot up picks, and they would find themselves in the playoffs, IMO they striked out badly. First off I am not a big Julian Wright fan at all. Sure he has great athleticism a decent handle and passing abilities but so do another handful of players in the league. For someone who has already spent 2 years in college to me he has shown no improvement and doesn't understand the game. He is very indecisive not sure what to do with the ball. I don't even see his ceiling as being that high, and Darius Miles to me. If they wanted SF for a team challenging for the playoffs Thornton would have been a better pick. He would hit the glass, and score something they could use. But the thing I am shocked about the most is them passing on Nick Young. They need a SG badly especially since Dmase is probably leaving so how can you pass on arguably the best SG in the draft. Nick Young can score and play D, and IMO if you are the Horents and take Nick Young you are an instant playoff contender. I also would not have minded them drafting Rodney Stuckey to pair with Chris Paul, and tell Stuckey to put the ball in the basket, which is what he does best. Adam Haluska pick at 43 was a complete joke. If you want a guy who is slow, plays no defense, and just wants to chuck up threes enjoy Mr. Haluska, but he won't last in the league at all, atleast hopefully for the hornets Marcus Vincinius can make an impact eventually.

LA Clippers
Very good and solid draft for the LA Clippers, they really lucked out in Al Thornton dropping to them. Thornton is an animal and IMO should have gone top 10. He is a freakish athlete, can jump out of the gym, rebound, score like few other, and he has an amazing wingspan to disrupt opposing players. He should be starting day 1, as the Clips should hopefully trade Corey Maggette for some better pieces. Jared Jordan in round 2 was a solid pick, but personally I would have gone Zabian Dowdell, Ramon Sessions, Taurean Green m over him. Jordan was underrated going into the draft, but all this next Steve Nash talk was just rediculous to me. At best Jared Jordan is a Steve Blake type guy not Steve Nash. Solid draft though for the Clippers, although their frontline depth still remains bleek.

Golden State Warriors
Draft Grade: D+
I'm sure all of you think I'm crazy, but if you think Brandan Wright is the next KG than great draft, but I see Brandan Wright as being the next Tskitishvili so IMO they had a horrible draft. Wright and Tskitishvili actually do have very similar games to be honest. I just have never seen the Brandan Wright hype at all just like all of the Alexis Ajnica hype. Sure Wright is tall, athletic and long but so are so many other guys. He is 40 pounds from being a good player and in the NBA he will be lost, and him and Patrick O'Bryant form 2 awful top 10 picks. Wright is too weak to bang inside with the big boys. He was not a great rebounder in college so what more in the NBA. Warriors needed rebounding and he does not bring that, I expect him to be in the D-league throughout the year. Biedrins shouldn't be worrying about losing playing time. Losing Jason Richardson the face of your franchise the past 5 years is crushing. He scores, and is one of the top rebounding guards in the NBA. Yes we know Monta Ellis has emerged as a great player and guys like Matt Barnes have stepped up, but with Pietrus leaving they were better off keeping JRich and either having him and Monta in together or have Monta coming off the bench. Monta was awful in the playoffs so I'm not so sure I trust handing him the keys to the city. With who was available I was not a fan of the Belinelli pick at all, I can not see him being a solid pro. Sure he is a good shooter although last year he was awful, but he is very weak and can't drive to the hoop, he is limited to just being a jump shooter in the NBA, with the best case scenario being Sasha Pavlovic. He is not a good defender and has a big problem with decision making. Stephane Lasme was the one saving grace of their draft but he's no one to call home about. He is very undersized but with his athleticism I see him thriving in the Warriors system getting 10 mins a game, he does lack however any sort of Basketball skill.

LA Lakers
Lakers came away with a great first rounder and a couple intriguing foreigners in the 2nd round. They were lucky for Javaris Crittenton to drop to them the way he did at #19. He is the perfect big guard for Phil Jackson's triangle offense. However you have to question a couple things about this pick. What does this mean about Jordan Farmar, and are the Lakers willing to wait on Crittenton cause he is a work in progress. I fear however that he has a couple bad games and Kobe ends up trashing his confidence. Very good pick nonetheless. Sun was a bit of a reach but he really has a good NBA skillset, it is his athleticism that held him back from any serious consideration as a first round pick. Gasol who is likely to come in 2 years provides a big body but not much else. Reminds me of a poor man's big country Bryant Reeves. Good draft for the future, but they didn't bring in much immediate help for Kobe.

Phoenix Suns
First off I have to commend the Suns for not trading Stoudamire. He might not be very popular amongst his teammates but they needed to keep him. I however am not saying trade talks are dead yet so I wouldn't rule out a KG suns trade just yet. As for the draft very mediocre I must say. I understand them trading their pick for cash relief but every year they do this it seems like the player that is taken in their spot seems like the perfect fit for them like Rudy Fernandez this year, Rajon Rondo and Sergio Rodriguez last year, and Nate Robinson the year before. Don't be surprised to see them trade Atlanta's pick next year for cash. Alando Tucker IMO was a bad pick with who was available. They should have gone Pruitt, or Marcus Williams. Tucker is a guy who won't fit in great because he is not the type of athlete needed to be successful in the system, also he is a scorer not a shooter. With Steve Nash on the Suns he will be asked to hit open shots rather than dominate the ball which is something he is unable to do. I do not expect Alando Tucker to get much playing time at all next season. DJ Strawberry with the 2nd to last pick in the draft was very good. Strawberry will play defense and run the court. Won't get much pt, but a very good pick.

Utah Jazz
Draft Grade:A
I hate the Jazz but they did great in the draft. They knew what they needed so they got it. Fisher, Girichek were just not the answer at SG. Brewer you hope can improve but he was pretty wild his rookie year. Almond the best shooter in the draft can step in there right now. It is scary how good the Jazz could be with Deron, Almond, Ak23 1/2, and Boozer. Okur blows and I'd trade him for a Gatorade cooler. The Jazz should be a favorite next year to win it all. 2nd round pick Herbert Hill is the typical Jazz pick. A solid guy who will never be a star, but will be dependable off the bench.

Houston Rockets
Draft Grade:F
Houston Rockets way to screw up the draft, they really blew it, and while teams in the west are all improving I expect the Rockets to digress, Yao and T-mac will keep you in every game, but 2 men can only do so much. Aaron Brooks has got to be one of the worst picks in the entire draft. Not necessarily bashing Brooks as a player as he could be a solid 8th man but man the pick for them was just awful. You just traded Juwan Howard for Mike James so I fail to see how Brooks is any different that Mike James, Rafer Alston, Luthor Head, or John Lucas. The Rockets have no starting PF and other than Yao their frontcourt is pathetic, this pick is just awful. Brooks is not a true PG he is more of a Nate Robinson than anything. He will be 3rd/4th string off the bench, if you wanted PG why pass on Gabe Pruitt or Ramon Sessions. Or if you want frontcourt help take Tiago Splitter despite contract issues, or even Jarmareo or Big Baby although I don't really like him. It makes it even more painful that their 2nd rounder they traded ended up being the spot Sessions was taken at. They were better off just taking a swingman or even Stanko.

San Antonio Spurs
Draft Grade:A
Well what can I say the Spurs know how to draft. They got 2 big steals and a kid I really like at the end of round 2. They were very lucky to get Splitter to drop to them at 28. Splitter is a good and hard worker similar to Oberto. Because the Spurs have no immediate pressing needs they will keep him overseas for a year and bring him over next year with Scola, and Ian Mahinimi. Marcus Williams was a steal IMO and he will probably turn into an Allstar on the Spurs. Although he should have not left school early Marcus Williams has all the tools, and has landed into the perfect situation with the defending Champs. Printezis is another guy they can keep at Olympia. He will come over in a couple of years, he is a poor man's Walter Herrman. Once again through the draft the rich get richer.

Dallas Mavericks
Draft Grade: D
Only saving grace to the Mavs in this draft is the fact that their attempts to trade Devin Harris to acquire Joakim Noah failed. Be happy Mavs fans that it never developed. At pick 34 they could have gotten a number of players but they go with Crap Fazekas. Fazekas won't get any playing time. They needed to add toughness instead they add a crap player, he reminds me of Steve Novak, no better no worse, don't expect much from him. I don't think he will make the roster. Renaldas was decent last year but nothing in his game tells me he will ever make it in the NBA. He seems to just be another in the line of internationals drafted in round 2 who never step on NBA grounds. Rackovic plays against no competition at all and still doesn't dominate like he should, he sucks on offense so yeah another worthless guy. Why didn't they just drafted someone like Zabian Dowdell or Coleman Collins who could actually contribute a few mins a game off the bench.

Denver Nuggets
Incomplete
Great Picks Nuggets, they really took over this draft, but do expect 2003 draftee Belgian superstar from Real Madrid Axel Herville to come over this season to summer league. He is better than Linus Kleiza.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
[b]New Orleans Hornets
Draft Grade D+
Awful, Awful, Hornets draft. I had such high hopes for them seeing that they could have really made a huge impact in the draft to improve their team. They have Chris Paul, Stoijankovic, and a great young frontcourt with stars Tyson and underrated as hell David West, and the lottery pair from last year, so all they needed was a couple spot up picks, and they would find themselves in the playoffs, IMO they striked out badly. First off I am not a big Julian Wright fan at all. Sure he has great athleticism a decent handle and passing abilities but so do another handful of players in the league. For someone who has already spent 2 years in college to me he has shown no improvement and doesn't understand the game. He is very indecisive not sure what to do with the ball. I don't even see his ceiling as being that high, and Darius Miles to me. If they wanted SF for a team challenging for the playoffs Thornton would have been a better pick. He would hit the glass, and score something they could use. But the thing I am shocked about the most is them passing on Nick Young. They need a SG badly especially since Dmase is probably leaving so how can you pass on arguably the best SG in the draft. Nick Young can score and play D, and IMO if you are the Horents and take Nick Young you are an instant playoff contender. I also would not have minded them drafting Rodney Stuckey to pair with Chris Paul, and tell Stuckey to put the ball in the basket, which is what he does best. Adam Haluska pick at 43 was a complete joke. If you want a guy who is slow, plays no defense, and just wants to chuck up threes enjoy Mr. Haluska, but he won't last in the league at all, atleast hopefully for the hornets Marcus Vincinius can make an impact eventually.
The fact that you think Desmond Mason played SG for us completely discredits every thing you said here. I happen to be a Julian Wright fan, but even if I wasn't, it's not incredibly hard to understand why we picked him. He was the #6 ranked player on the Hornets draft board and they got him at #13. Was it the best pick for their needs? Taking a SG would have allowed Peja to slide back to his more natural SF position, but we signed him to play SG for us when we still had Des. Julian Wright going to fill the gap created by the departure of Desmond Mason at SMALL FORWARD.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No you fool Peja is a SF, Dmase played SF because Peja was out all year, Mason would be playing the 2 with Peja back, not unless you think Rasual Butler would be starting over Mason, so your silly attempt to make me look dumb was shut down, who are you anyways?

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 06-29-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok it's Friday Morning, and here's my breakdown of Chicago's Draft. Since yesterday I've cooled off quite a bit after hearing what Paxon had to say:

Summary: Paxon did not really like Hawes that much from what I'm being told. Paxon didn't feel that Spencer played good enough defnese, rebounded as well as he should, and he's not a very good shot blocker either. Plus I've heard rumblings that he doesn't get up down the floor as well as we would've liked, which is key for our offense. Julian Wright's workout did not go well with Chicago. He struggled to shoot the ball and he wasn't very strong in the other parts of his game either. Plus he already said he wanted to avoid playing in Chicago because of the "pressure." Al Thornton is 24 years old and I guess his workout didn't go as well as Paxon would've hoped. Yes he's an athletic freak but he's 24 years old, he can't handle the ball, and doesn't have a great basketball IQ, something that Paxon wants from his prospects. That and Al is kind of an undersized 3, because he's not going to play the 2. I like him but he didn't really fit in with our plans. Thaddeus was way too high at #9 and we were never taking Acie Law. So basically, Joakim was the BPA which I agree with. We got put in a pickle with all the really talented guys going in front of us and Pax did what could with the pick.

Pick by Pick:

Joakim Noah - I'll be the first to say that I hated this guy. I didn't like him because of his arrogance, cockiness, and his primal screams on the court. Plus the guy is just down right UGLY. He makes Luol Deng look like Brad Pitt. Paxon said that they felt he was the best player at #9, and we needed size in the front court. We got killed on the glass against Detroit so Joakim will help out with that. He brings defense (which is what makes us so good), energy, rebounding good passing, ability to drive, and ability to run the floor. He's not an offensive player at all, but we all know that and so did Paxon and it's not why we drafted him. Joakim will never be a star, nor will he probably ever be an All-Star but he will be a solid player for us for a long time whether I want to admit that or not. Sure there were BTA's available, but Joakim was the BPA and Paxon is known for taking the BPA. Does it make us a much better team? Probably not but*he will help us. Still definitely need a scoring big man though, bad.

Aaron Gray: First round lock last year when he came out and his stock slipped this season. Very slow, not athletic, poor free throw shooter and might have trouble adjusting to the NBA speed. But he is a good rebounder and finisher at the rim. He's got good range on his shot and he's a good defender as well. In the 2nd round, I think it's a pretty decent pick. He gives us more size and more bodies to through out there to eat up some minutes off the bench. Not very much upside at all but he'll be a decent 10th guy for us off the bench next year.

Jameson Curry: My favorite pick and he will be the best player out of this class, book it. Teams passed on him because of his character issues, but he's been clean for 3 years and he interviewed well with our brass. Very good scorer. Can light it from the outside but can also get to the hoop. Not a great first step but he can finish at the rim. Also a good passer with good court vision. Awesome at running the break and finds the open shooter. Very talented combo guard which makes Duhon replaceble as a tradeable piece (rumors of him going to Cleveland for Gooden). Very talented prospect coming out of high school (orginally signed with UNC until the drug bust), and did very, very well at OK State when he was there. Improved every season. Will he ever be a starter for us? I don't think he will be he will be a darn good player in the NBA, mark my words.

Review: If I was GM, Joakim would've been my number 2 or 3 option behind Hawes and Wright. But I can see where Paxon is coming from and why he did pick Noah. He doesn't solve our low post scoring needs, but neither would have Hawes for 2 years. Noah can step in right away and help us in the front court coming off the bench. He's not a very good pick, but he's not a bad pick either. I'll say it's decent for right now.

Like the Gray pick in the 2nd round. Give us more size. No upside but he's a decent big man to have on the bench in case of foul trouble.

Love the Curry pick. He's going to be a player in the NBA very soon. Gives us more versatility in the backcourt as well and makes Duhon expendable.

Final Grade: B -- If it were just Noah it'd be a C, but he made up for it in the 2nd round which bumps it up to a B. I am always usually critical of our drafts (I was last year and 2 years before that) but they also usually pan out. Will this class be great? Probably not, but it'll be a solid, solid addition to our team. We need to get a scoring big man though, ala O'Neal, Gasol, or someone like that.

And yes I'm a flip flopper on Noah. I don't love the pick, but I don't hate it either.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Sweetness you are overrating Jameson way too much he reminds me of John Lucas III.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"[Marc] Gasol who is likely to come in 2 years provides a big body but not much else. Reminds me of a poor man's big country Bryant Reeves."

It seems to me like he's a poor man's version of...Pau Gasol, his big brother. Much poorer man's version.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
"[Marc] Gasol who is likely to come in 2 years provides a big body but not much else. Reminds me of a poor man's big country Bryant Reeves."

It seems to me like he's a poor man's version of...Pau Gasol, his big brother. Much poorer man's version.
Not at all Marc, is fat and slow. Has no outside skills whatsover. He is just a big body with no skills.

M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobcats waive PG, Brevin Knight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GS, just to let you know I will tear your grade apart if it's bad on the Bulls. Take it from me, the guy who might the "banish Joakim Noah from Earth petition." A guy who hated this player, did not want him in Chicago, and thought anyone else would've been much better.

In one day that has all changed after listening to what Paxon had to say. Was it a very good pick? No it wasn't, but it was also not a bad pick. It was a decent pick.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
GS, just to let you know I will tear your grade apart if it's bad on the Bulls. Take it from me, the guy who might the "banish Joakim Noah from Earth petition." A guy who hated this player, did not want him in Chicago, and thought anyone else would've been much better.

In one day that has all changed after listening to what Paxon had to say. Was it a very good pick? No it wasn't, but it was also not a bad pick. It was a decent pick.
But a B means very good draft, that was not a very good draft with the picks they had.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Sweetness you are overrating Jameson way too much he reminds me of John Lucas III.
How am I overrating him? I said he'd never be a starter, but I said he'd be a good player in the NBA. He's got good size and he's got the ability to play the 1 and the 2. Jameson is still loaded with talent, like it or not.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
But a B means very good draft, that was not a very good draft with the picks they had.
B is a solid draft. A means a very good draft, fine make it a C I don't care. It was a solid draft. Nothing great, but nothing bad. Like I said, I usually always rate the drafts a B until I see them play.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
How am I overrating him? I said he'd never be a starter, but I said he'd be a good player in the NBA. He's got good size and he's got the ability to play the 1 and the 2. Jameson is still loaded with talent, like it or not.
I wouldn't say good size, he's a 2 in a 1's body. He can't really run the point do to a loose handle. He will always have a scorers mentality. Why not just replace Duhon with Sessions, Taurean Green, or Zabian Dowdell, real PG's.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
I was angry last night about J-Rich but I'm starting to come around. Mainly because of the Salary we cleared. There was no way we could keep him and have room to re-sign the younger players. Brandan Wright is a perfect fit for the Warriors Offense. I know a lot of people don't like him on here but I guess that really doesn't matter. The Italian guy was a decent pick. He'll replace Pietrus which is fine.
You flip flopper! :D

Quote:
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Bobcats waive PG, Brevin Knight.
Link? That's flat out stupid, pounce on him Hawks!!!

Old 06-29-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice job Ghetto, looks like you worked hard. Tell me, am i going to be happy or sad about the Knicks rating tomorrow?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I wouldn't say good size, he's a 2 in a 1's body. He can't really run the point do to a loose handle. He will always have a scorers mentality. Why not just replace Duhon with Sessions, Taurean Green, or Zabian Dowdell, real PG's.
He had a very good workout with Chicago, so that's why I'd imagine we chose him over those guys. I would really like us to sign Dowdell though, and Trey Johnson. Plus Tuarean Green's size worried Paxon, a 6-0 PG on a team full of really small guards? Not that Curry is a giant but he's a solid 6-3. And why do you think Dowdell went undrafted, and why do you think Sessions fell to the late 2nd? It's not just us who passed on them.

Jameson is basically Ben Gordon (although not as offensively talented) with PG skills. I'd say he's kind of a rich man's Chris Duhon. He does need some work on ball handling but his ability to score off the bench at the PG slot is something we lacked with Chris, and it really hurt us because teams would sag off of Chris knowing that his outside shot was crap. Not any more, they'll have to guard Jameson which will open things up.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Link? That's flat out stupid, pounce on him Hawks!!!
Here you go...

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/230960

Def. surprising.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Here you go...

Def. surprising.
I hope Raymond Felton goes down with injury, you will not find a better backup PG in the league, especially at only 4 mil a year. Jordan is incapable of running a team, it's no coincidence once he left the Wizards got back into the playoffs.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here you go...

Def. surprising.
This could be a chance for the Knicks to acquire a guard that is capable of handing the basketball to a teammate.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Nice job Ghetto, looks like you worked hard. Tell me, am i going to be happy or sad about the Knicks rating tomorrow?
Sad. Reach on Chandler at #23, and trade a head case for a head case to form the laziest and most defensively challenged front courts in the NBA.

Randolph and Curry will be beastly on offense but they are going to kill you on defense. That and both are extremely lazy players on the floor. Zach is also very selfish and once he gets the ball he will not pass. Bad move by the Knicks. If I were grading, I'd give them a D. Just because even though Chandler was a reach, he'll be a good player.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I hope Raymond Felton goes down with injury, you will not find a better backup PG in the league, especially at only 4 mil a year. Jordan is incapable of running a team, it's no coincidence once he left the Wizards got back into the playoffs.
I dont know what the hell Jordan is doing...Letting Wallace walk is just stupid...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
This could be a chance for the Knicks to acquire a guard that is capable of handing the basketball to a teammate.
Knicks aren't in to players without attitudes.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I dont know what the hell Jordan is doing...Letting Wallace walk is just stupid...
If only Jordan was as good as being an owner as he was a player, too bad he is about as good at owning as Kerry Wood is at being on the disabled list.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
No you fool Peja is a SF, Dmase played SF because Peja was out all year, Mason would be playing the 2 with Peja back, not unless you think Rasual Butler would be starting over Mason, so your silly attempt to make me look dumb was shut down, who are you anyways?
Peja started at SG with D-Mase at SF for the first 13 games of the season, D-Mase was playing SF before Peja got injured, hell he was playing SF for us before we even signed Peja. Way to be super mature with that response, though...

Those facts aside, answer me this: how is taking the 6th ranked player on your draft board with the #13 pick EVER a bad pick? He was far and away the BPA in the Hornets eyes.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote