Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think people are really understanding how screwed the Nets will be if Deron doesn't resign with them. This is a hell of a gamble.

Judging from things I've heard so far he isn't thrilled about being in New Jersey.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I don't think it was evident to the Cavs until the Decision. A heads up would have enabled the team to pursue some real free agents.

I think those three had planned it for awhile and they and Miami knew what was going on.

That is a huge difference in how you treat your old team/coworkers/friends.
Ya, that's what I was getting at. Guess I didn't write it clear enough.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't think people are really understanding how screwed the Nets will be if Deron doesn't resign with them. This is a hell of a gamble.

Judging from things I've heard so far he isn't thrilled about being in New Jersey.
not that screwed, he will sign the max no matter what, so worst case scenario is they just trade him, no one turns down a extra 20 mil
Old 02-24-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

That's the first question I asked too.

Then I heard on ESPN how he heard about the trade from watching Sportscenter.

There ain't no damn commitment from him to extend in Jersey. They are nuts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's the first question I asked too.

Then I heard on ESPN how he heard about the trade from watching Sportscenter.

There ain't no damn commitment from him to extend in Jersey. They are nuts.
That's pretty awful...and definitely a bad sign for his long term future there.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
not that screwed, he will sign the max no matter what, so worst case scenario is they just trade him, no one turns down a extra 20 mil
I'm not following that logic. Deron will be fine financially. But the Nets?! They held back on the Melo trade until they got a firm commitment from him that he would extend. He never did and they backed out. Yet, they did it for Deron... so they've got to have the same worry, no? ... I guess there is one big difference... they've got a year to hang on to him and convince him to extend.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
When you have every intention of not resigning with the team, but keep leading the team on like you are considering it is kind of scummy. Not to mention I don't think you can say thses players really played out their contract. LeBron and Bosh both quit on their teams while under contract
And I wouldn't be shocked if Melo wasn't just playing his ass off to show the Knicks that he is sooooooo needed. And if he was with the Nuggets after today, KAAAAAABOOOOOSH! Melo goes wacky.

And I can see what Longhorn said, yeah, it is weird saying "screwing teams over". But LeBron was Cleveland, Melo was Denver, etc. What happened to loyalty is kinda what I am saying. And thats coming from a Heat fan.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I still don't understand the Landry Fields thing from Yoda's post. Does anyone else get it?
Well I don't exactly know what source it came from. It may have not been reliable so IDK. But like it was reported that he would only work out for the Knicks and no one else. Once again, I think it was Skip Bayless or Jim Rome or some1 dumb like that, so I don't exactly know if it was true.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
they've got a year to hang on to him and convince him to extend.
Hey Deron, Go long with ExtenZe! I do.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Hey Deron, Go long with ExtenZe! I do.

+ rep man. I can never get my pen fast enough to get the number down. Now u have supplied it.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Well I don't exactly know what source it came from. It may have not been reliable so IDK. But like it was reported that he would only work out for the Knicks and no one else. Once again, I think it was Skip Bayless or Jim Rome or some1 dumb like that, so I don't exactly know if it was true.
I think you mean we were the only team to offer him a work out.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Prolly defntly coulda been. I don't exactly listen all too well. Just ask any females I know.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good to see you are alive. Wasn't sure if you could handle Gallo and Shattenkirk being traded in the same week.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baron Davis to the Cavs for Mo Williams.....

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not following that logic. Deron will be fine financially. But the Nets?! They held back on the Melo trade until they got a firm commitment from him that he would extend. He never did and they backed out. Yet, they did it for Deron... so they've got to have the same worry, no? ... I guess there is one big difference... they've got a year to hang on to him and convince him to extend.
idk why they did it just saying they are far better off than people think if he doesn't want to return, could easily get just as good of a package in a sign & trade
Old 02-24-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

I guess it saves the Clippers a decent amount of money over the next few years(a ton if Mo opts out of his contract). I thought B. Diddy had really picked it up since the beginning of the year
Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Good to see you are alive. Wasn't sure if you could handle Gallo and Shattenkirk being traded in the same week.
Captain Kirk got traded? **** me...and Manbearpig? ****, that trade hurts to, although I can kinda live with it since we weren't going to have a good chance to sign Johnson so at least we didn't outbid ourselves...no, I still ****** hate giving up Shatty even though he wasn't as proven as Gallo...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 02-24-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Damn Cavs, isn't Mo their best player? Didn't they just go on a 26 game losing streak cuz they didn't have him?
Old 02-24-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

basic salary dump, they save a minimum of $8 Mil
Old 02-24-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trade makes sense for neither side. Baron is going to do nothing for the next few years because he won't give a ****, and Mo can't run the Clippers offense like Baron could.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Captain Kirk got traded? **** me...
bahahahahha

yup. Sorry kiddo
Old 02-24-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This trade makes sense for neither side. Baron is going to do nothing for the next few years because he won't give a ****, and Mo can't run the Clippers offense like Baron could.
idk why the Cavs did it, but I like the trade for the Clippers, they weren't going to win anytime soon so Baron being a better player doesn't really matter.

Suck more = higher pick
More money = better FA

fairly normal rebuilding move
Old 02-24-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Apparently a first may be heading the Cavs way as well. Still doesn't make much sense, but I guess the Clippers had to take any opportunity to get rid of Baron's brutal contract, and they feel Bledsoe is ready to take on a bigger role
Old 02-24-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
idk why the Cavs did it, but I like the trade for the Clippers, they weren't going to win anytime soon so Baron being a better player doesn't really matter.

Suck more = higher pick
More money = better FA

fairly normal rebuilding move
Well, they also tossed in their 2011 1st rounder. And the Clippers were a legitimate small forward away from being a playoff team in the soon to be totally depleted West.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

They are 10+ games out of the 8 seed, idk how they are playoff contenders with an added SF, plus what's the points of even making the playoffs if you have absolutely no chance of winning it. The Clippers are still years away from being title contenders.

plus in the 2012 FA class they will have an extra 6 mil to spend now

Last edited by fenikz : 02-24-2011 at 01:30 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote