Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sad day for the celtics fans. terrible deal

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually glad the lakers didn't make a move, seeing what the celtics did

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
They will be downright elite on D dude. Seriously, name a team that will be better defensively

Agreed, But I cant shake the memory of Artest really bothering KD with his size and length. They'll need Harden to be a threat of the Bench and Ibaka to play even better. They got undoubtedly much better though i agree.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KBerg_CBS Despite Boston's transparent maneuverings for a to-be-bought-out Troy Murphy, source says ex-Net hasn't made decision yet b/t BOS/MIA/ORL.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, Murphy is a great fit for all those teams too. Good for him. We treated him unfairly and like ****, so hopefully he can get some good minutes for a postseason team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WojYahooNBA As you'd expect, Celtics vets are livid over trade of Kendrick Perkins, sources say. He's the tough guy, enforcer. But BOS can't pay him.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God what a horrible day. I'm happy my man Jeff Green is going to get traded and finally play his natural 3 spot, then I learn not only is he traded to a team I hate, but now it appears as if he's going to play undersized 4 again, great this is just perfect. I will say though that the Thunder while they got a good deal and got bigger they will miss Green as that 3rd scorer. Nate Rob is highly inconsistent to be your 3rd scorer.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Miami can somehow get Sam Dalem from Sac I think they would have to be the #1 threat to win a title. Its wishful thinking though..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
If Miami can somehow get Sam Dalem from Sac I think they would have to be the #1 threat to win a title. Its wishful thinking though..
Sac want to re-up him.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
God what a horrible day. I'm happy my man Jeff Green is going to get traded and finally play his natural 3 spot, then I learn not only is he traded to a team I hate, but now it appears as if he's going to play undersized 4 again, great this is just perfect. I will say though that the Thunder while they got a good deal and got bigger they will miss Green as that 3rd scorer. Nate Rob is highly inconsistent to be your 3rd scorer.
Maybe they think James Harden can help fill the void off that 3rd scorer idk I think the benefit of having Perkins size will help them more then Green can in the playoffs.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does it mean Serge will be their full time starting PF? That would make the move even better. A defensive interior of Serge and Perkins would be quite awesome.
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Sac want to re-up him.
never mind then.. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that they were considering buying him out.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Forenci your boy Serge is their starting PF now.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Serge and Perkins is better then KG and Perkins.

EDIT: Defense wise.

Sig by BK

Old 02-24-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Maybe they think James Harden can help fill the void off that 3rd scorer idk I think the benefit of having Perkins size will help them more then Green can in the playoffs.
They really need to use Harden more, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Does it mean Serge will be their full time starting PF? That would make the move even better. A defensive interior of Serge and Perkins would be quite awesome.
Perkins, if healthy, truly will be the missing link. Jeff Green always stood out to me as a good enough player, but playing him as an undersized PF would always lead to issues when it came to defense and rebounding.

Quote:
never mind then.. I could have sworn I saw somewhere that they were considering buying him out.
I'm still surprised that Pat Riley didn't make a move, but I expect them to sign someone that gets bought out; probably Troy Murphy.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I think that is the main thing.. they see the size in LA. Perk and Ibaka? both pretty good if not great defenders.

I have always like Harden but he seems too cool for school.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I'm still surprised that Pat Riley didn't make a move, but I expect them to sign someone that gets bought out; probably Troy Murphy.
what trade could they have made? they done have many trading pieces.

Sig by BK

Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I think that is the main thing.. they see the size in LA. Perk and Ibaka? both pretty good if not great defenders.

I have always like Harden but he seems too cool for school.
Harden is to cool for school. how many schoolers do you see with his amount of facial hair?

Sig by BK

Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Brooks is obviously a better player than Dragic but the reason the Rockets traded him is because he wasn't happy with his playing time, I don't see him getting any more in PHX than he did in Houston, hopefully we cut VC's minutes a lot to make him happy

and the 1st is lottery protected if the Suns miss the playoffs the Rockets get the Magic 1st round pick

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard they were discussing moving Mike Miller; they could have send him, Joel Anthony and a 2nd round pick. It wouldn't have been a lot, you're right, but Pat Riley is a wizard so you never know.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden is just meh, average player. Now with Perkins, Serge, Collison, and Nazr the Thunder have the defense and length to contend with anyone. Problem though is that not a single one of them has an ounce of offensive ability beyond a couple feet from the rim. The Thunder though are in position this offseason to become true title contenders. I think they need to add a stretch 4 as well as upgrade the 2 guard position. If they can package Harden, Aldrich, and their first rounder for a legit stud 2 over the summer their lineup will be crazy. Will be interesting to see how the players from both teams react to this trade. KG and Pierce loved Perk, and KD was best friends with Green and could always rely on Green doing the right thing.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I heard they were discussing moving Mike Miller; they could have send him, Joel Anthony and a 2nd round pick. It wouldn't have been a lot, you're right, but Pat Riley is a wizard so you never know.
Mike Miller doesnt have much trade value in my opinion. He has a pretty good size contract and most teams wont want to take that on. Should have traded all that for Perkins ;)

Sig by BK

Old 02-24-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Mike Bibby might be bought out. Miami should hop on that!

Sig by BK

Old 02-24-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Mike Bibby might be bought out. Miami should hop on that!
They already have Eddie House who plays better defense. I think Bibby would be a good fit in Boston as teams get so accustomed to dropping off the PG since Rondo The Lakers would be a nice fit too although minutes might be hard for him to get. If he is indeed bought out though I wonder if he would go back to the Hawks.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NBA where WTF happens
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote