Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id take Bibby in LA. Good catch and shoot guy....we dont demand a whole lot out of our PG's anyway so...just another good shooter to add to the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Aaron Brooks is obviously a better player than Dragic but the reason the Rockets traded him is because he wasn't happy with his playing time, I don't see him getting any more in PHX than he did in Houston, hopefully we cut VC's minutes a lot to make him happy

and the 1st is lottery protected if the Suns miss the playoffs the Rockets get the Magic 1st round pick
And the fact that Brooks is shooting 35 percent this season, he will be looking for a big pay day after the season, him having a horrible attitude and the offense crumbles when he's in. He likes to hold on to the ball and just dribble, dribble, dribble then shot. He does add speed though so thats a plus and every now and then he will be able to find his shot.

I was bummed to find out about the pick protection. I was hoping it was straight up Suns pick but now I will be rooting for the Suns to make the playoffs.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nba tv reported OJ majo and a first to pacers for mccroberts. I lol'd.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
nba tv reported OJ majo and a first to pacers for mccroberts. I lol'd.
Think it was McRoberts and a first for Mayo, but it didn't go through on time if I read correctly. Would've been disappointed if it did because the Bulls could've probably gotten Mayo and just decided not to pull the trigger.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Think it was McRoberts and a first for Mayo, but it didn't go through on time if I read correctly. Would've been disappointed if it did because the Bulls could've probably gotten Mayo and just decided not to pull the trigger.
They initially posted O.J Mayo and first for McRoberts, of course it wasn't the correct trade, but that's what they were saying and I thought it was funny.

They said it didn't go through because the Grizz backed out.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They initially posted O.J Mayo and first for McRoberts, of course it wasn't the correct trade, but that's what they were saying and I thought it was funny.

The last thing I read was they tried to make it a 3 way deal with the Hornets giving them Brandon Rush for gods knows what and the Hornets basically killed the deal.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Celtics vets are livid about Boston trading Perkins.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading McRoberts clown ass would have probably gave T more minutes.

Sweet Memphis.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The last thing I read was they tried to make it a 3 way deal with the Hornets giving them Brandon Rush for gods knows what and the Hornets basically killed the deal.
Hmm.... I wouldn't have minded Rush. He would have given the Hornets minutes at SG/SF and helped ease the loss of Thornton. I'm sure NOLA would have had to given a draft pick or cash or something which I would have been fine with doing.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The Bulls apparently offered Houston two first round picks for Courtney Lee but Morey insisted on Omer Asik.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...-deadline.html

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Agreed, But I cant shake the memory of Artest really bothering KD with his size and length. They'll need Harden to be a threat of the Bench and Ibaka to play even better. They got undoubtedly much better though i agree.
You mean when Artest really bothered KD but the Thunder still made it a very competitive 6 game series?

I agree that Harden needs to step up, but I think him and Ibaka can almost replace the scoring of Green while substantially improving the interior defense and rebounding (the only advantage LA had over them)

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Bulls apparently offered Houston two first round picks for Courtney Lee but Morey insisted on Omer Asik.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...-deadline.html
Houston is so stupid to not accept this.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Houston is so stupid to not accept this.
how so? 2 late 1st won't amount to anything

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Late 1st round picks aren't worth much. Especially in this years draft.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Gotcha, yeah that would've been absolutely ridiculous. Think the Pacers would've won the deal as it was the right way, forget that.

Not surprised the Celtics are livid about trading Perkins. They don't exactly have a big window to win a title and he was a key piece. Ainge has definitely done some questionable stuff in the past and sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't, we'll see what happens here.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how so? 2 late 1st won't amount to anything
i so had a brain fart when i read this.. in my head i was thinking of picks where houston would be picking.. my bad

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the move was more about the future. They wouldn't be able to give Perkins the contract he wanted so they wanted an asset instead of letting him walk, problem is Jeff Green is a free agent too and unless he falls in love with Boston in his half season with them he will likely get more money elsewhere. He would be a nice addition if they are able to resign him though with the age of Pierce.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love the Raps to go after Jeff Green in the offseason. He is exactly what they need at the 3 spot
Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba...ory?id=6155082

I didn't know the Celtics traded Erden and Harnagody to the Cavs for a 2nd rounder. Wow that makes no sense. Erden was getting minutes and they just traded Perk why would they get rid of two bigs. I do think Kristic is better than Erden which would cut into his minutes but they need all the big bodies they can get.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

They wanted to clear spots for guys who get bought out
Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

From what I've heard/read Boston will be going hard after Troy Murphy once he's bought out

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-24-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Murphy should go to OKC.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Murphy should go to OKC.
that would be insane!
i can see him going to miami. they need him soooo badly.

Sig by BK

Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba...ory?id=6155082

I didn't know the Celtics traded Erden and Harnagody to the Cavs for a 2nd rounder. Wow that makes no sense. Erden was getting minutes and they just traded Perk why would they get rid of two bigs. I do think Kristic is better than Erden which would cut into his minutes but they need all the big bodies they can get.
Krstic is not better than Erden.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

If I were him I wouldn't want to go to Miami or Boston, there the fans would expect you to be the piece to push you over the edge. IMO I'd rather go to a team like the Thunder, Lakers, or Magic.