Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Are you serious? Anderson's been one of the better players for the Magic and he loses his spot? Jesus christ SVG is an idiot.
Simply put, you don't know what you're talking about here. Earl Clark has been a marvel for us everytime he's been on the floor. His numbers may not reflect it, but that's probably what's got you confused. Clark has played great defense. He held Dirk, Blake Griffin and now Durant in check for 7 of 22 shooting. That defense doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but he is a great man defender who is pretty much free ballin' because he has yet to grasp Stan's team defense concepts. Once he does that in addition, he will start to open up the rest of the world's eyes. Anyone who has watched Clark play knows his value is immense right now. He needs to start.

Anderson is a chucker who needs to learn how to play inside more. He has the ability, but doesn't do it enough. He doesn't like the contact and his athleticism limits him from put backs and help defense that requires quickness and such. He'll rebound, but nothing close to the rim. Anderson is a good guy to have apart of your 8 man rotation, but he's a bench guy through and through.

Clark is better than Bass too. There are times when each has a strength for being in the game and it's on Stan to make the right decisions.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Than_Their_Own

A change to the percentage of basketball-related income is one of the main issues of the NBA's collective bargaining agreement, but it won't be the only one.

"The BRI is one (issue)," said Adam Silver. "Also, when it comes to distribution of revenue, more now than in any of the CBAs I’ve been involved in, there has been more discussion about competition. (In previous CBA negotiations), the key issue was the split of the revenue and not how it was distributed. We could give you the 57 percent and you can decide how to distribute it among the players.

"Clearly, our view has changed. How that money is distributed among the players is a key component of competition around the league. In addition to our desire to create a model where all teams at least have the opportunity to be profitable, we also are focused on a model where all 30 teams have the opportunity to compete for a championship. There’s a recognition out there now that’s not the current model to the extent that we have a soft salary-cap system.

"For example, a team like the Lakers has a payroll of $110 million when you include the luxury-tax figure. With the salary cap at $57 million, that’s not a balanced system.

"What we’ve proposed to the players is a hard cap. We’ve looked at the NFL, and we’re not ashamed to say that appears to be a better system. There’s a lot more analysis we need to do with the players. I’m not suggesting we’re the NFL. But we believe through shorter contracts, less guaranteed money and a harder salary cap, we can create more parity among the teams in this league. We believe for the long-term success for the business, that’s important."

It's comin' Boys! Franchise Tag too please.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, I've been saying for awhile that a hard cap is issue number one for the owners. I don't necessarily think a franchise tag will be put in place, though, because the hard cap will do plenty to restrict movement. I don't even know if it's in the best interest of the small market teams, because it's going to create a one-year purgatory season like the Nuggets experienced with Melo this season. If the guy really doesn't want to be there, he will just wait that next year out and leave anyways.

God, the NBAPA is going to get absolutely crushed in these labor talks.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 02-26-2011 at 01:05 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I am in agreement with BBD. Now that I say this his Knicks are prolly gonna beat my Heat tomorrow. But yeah man, remember the first 17 games the Heat were 9-8. 9-8 with the two hall of famers and ugly ass mother ******. Its cuz they didn't know how to play with each other. They only knew how to masterbade. It takes time. The Knicks will be fine. Fine enough to the point where I want to make sure the Heat finish 1 or 2 to stay clear of them and get a crap sub-500 team that has no chance of beating us. Cuz by playoff time, the Knicks will be a tough out.
Yeah. I mean seriously, 2 games in and we're panicking already? There are causes for concern sure, like our serious lack of size and backup PG who can run the offense when Billups takes a rest.

But we lacked that BEFORE the Melo trade too (until Mozgov provided the necessary 25 min/6 fouls/7 rebounds we needed). So why can't we just be smart, and use our 1st round draft pick on either a backup PG or Center who can give that, and sign a mid level guy who can plug the other hole in the offseason? Is it that crazy to pull off?

And they had 1 practice so far. 1. I mean seriously, as long as we're still the 6 seed come playoff time, I think 20 more games is enough for them to gel and I think outside of Miami, I like the Knicks to have a legit shot to beat any team in the East in a 7 game series. I'm not saying we will, but we have a chance to. And I can't say I felt the same way before this trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
It honestly boggles my mind.
I seriously don't get it. I really don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, I doubt it. We're really not that great yet, and we lack any depth right now which is killing us.

You know what's a funny argument I see brought up over this Melo ordeal? The people who wanted Melo to come to the Knicks are the same people saying this is what he wanted and he's actually stepping up to the challenge unlike LeBron. Yet, these are the same people who said Melo wouldn't leave the extra 20 million on the table.

So the guy wants to be a Knick and relishes the opportunity and at the same time he didn't care about us enough to sign with us as a free agent?

cough, contradictory.
Melo was in a very different situation from Lebron. Lebron could have his cake and eat it too, he would get his money no matter where he went. Melo had to manipulate the system to get both his money and team. I don't knock him for it. It's just business.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah. I mean seriously, 2 games in and we're panicking already? There are causes for concern sure, like our serious lack of size and backup PG who can run the offense when Billups takes a rest.

But we lacked that BEFORE the Melo trade too (until Mozgov provided the necessary 25 min/6 fouls/7 rebounds we needed). So why can't we just be smart, and use our 1st round draft pick on either a backup PG or Center who can give that, and sign a mid level guy who can plug the other hole in the offseason? Is it that crazy to pull off?

And they had 1 practice so far. 1. I mean seriously, as long as we're still the 6 seed come playoff time, I think 20 more games is enough for them to gel and I think outside of Miami, I like the Knicks to have a legit shot to beat any team in the East in a 7 game series. I'm not saying we will, but we have a chance to. And I can't say I felt the same way before this trade.
There is a lot of cause for concern especially with the playoffs since the teams behind us are not that far behind us while we are playing like crap.

Cause we blew up our team. Which is results in us having no depth and very little time to get a good chemistry. This team as of now is a 1st round out unless D'antoni can find a way to get the offense back on track and a semblance of defense we are not winning anything come playoff time.

Oh and to your look to the draft and MLE exception idea this draft is awful and with the new CBA they are looking to get rid of the MLE.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
There is a lot of cause for concern especially with the playoffs since the teams behind us are not that far behind us while we are playing like crap.

Cause we blew up our team. Which is results in us having no depth and very little time to get a good chemistry. This team as of now is a 1st round out unless D'antoni can find a way to get the offense back on track and a semblance of defense we are not winning anything come playoff time.

Oh and to your look to the draft and MLE exception idea this draft is awful and with the new CBA they are looking to get rid of the MLE.
Patience bro. 20 games is enough time to gel. Offense isn't the problem, they need more chemistry on defense, and with Billups on the team and his leadership skills, I actually think our commitment to defense will improve. Rebounding probably wont, but if you noticed, our defense has actually gotten better. Teams are shooting a lower % against us, but second chance points increased, which is why you don't see it on the scoreboard.

Rebounding and backup PG, that's the real issues. Has been all season, and moreso now bc we lost Mozgov. Honestly, that's the biggest blow, losing Mozgov.

The Bulls don't scare me at all. So overrated. They lack the consistent perimeter shooting or a tall lowpost player downlow to scare me offensively (Boozer isn't that scary), and they don't have the horses to defend Stat and Melo.

I mean...there's gotta be SOMEBODY we can draft. I'm not asking for a Nene in the draft, I just want a big man that can give us 25 minutes, 6 fouls, and 7 rebounds. That can't be impossible to find.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You blew up a .500 team that would have lost in the first round anyways. This **** is starting to get annoying.

Your team has been both irrelevant and terrible for the past decade. Be happy that you're at least going to be in the playoffs. Jesus.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 02-26-2011 at 02:38 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Patience bro. 20 games is enough time to gel. Offense isn't the problem, they need more chemistry on defense, and with Billups on the team and his leadership skills, I actually think our commitment to defense will improve. Rebounding probably wont, but if you noticed, our defense has actually gotten better. Teams are shooting a lower % against us, but second chance points increased, which is why you don't see it on the scoreboard.

Rebounding and backup PG, that's the real issues. Has been all season, and moreso now bc we lost Mozgov. Honestly, that's the biggest blow, losing Mozgov.

The Bulls don't scare me at all. So overrated. They lack the consistent perimeter shooting or a tall lowpost player downlow to scare me offensively (Boozer isn't that scary), and they don't have the horses to defend Stat and Melo.

I mean...there's gotta be SOMEBODY we can draft. I'm not asking for a Nene in the draft, I just want a big man that can give us 25 minutes, 6 fouls, and 7 rebounds. That can't be impossible to find.
We will have to see if 26 games is enough just cause Miami was able to right their ship after so many games doesnt mean the Knicks will. Billups has not played any defense in real defense in these 2 games ya he had a few steals the 1st game but that was it the rest of the time he was getting beat off the dribble.

I can care less if we got lucky and team have missed more shots then usual against us cause it certainly was not cause of us that they missed those shots.

Ya losing Mozgov was a stupid Dolan not knowing we he is doing move.

Boozer is enough of a offensive threat alone for the bulls to beat us but then u add Rose who is the MVP right now and Noah who will kills us on the boards.

Also cause our D is crap we would probably leave guys Luol Deng and Korver open enough times in the corner for 3's that we would lose a series against them.

There are not many good players in this draft big men especially is a weakness in this draft. PG is more reasonable to find in this class but big men in this draft not so much.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
You blew up a .500 team that would have lost in the first round anyways. This **** is starting to get annoying.

Your team has been both irrelevant and terrible for the past decade. Be happy that you're at least going to be in the playoffs. Jesus.
We would have most likely been in the playoffs anyway.

What is the satisfaction in having a team with two all stars lose in the playoffs with a .500 record compared to having a .500 team with our old players lose in the playoffs?

Either way you don't win.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We would have most likely been in the playoffs anyway.

What is the satisfaction in having a team with two all stars lose in the playoffs with a .500 record compared to having a .500 team with our old players lose in the playoffs?

Either way you don't win.
My God please stop. What's the difference between having two stars and having a bunch of role players who you would have to overpay to keep? You have 2 allstars, Billups, and a few solid players, those are great building blocks. Stop being a baby, you have no idea how many fans of other teams would dream to have Amare and Stat on their roster.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
My God please stop. What's the difference between having two stars and having a bunch of role players who you would have to overpay to keep? You have 2 allstars, Billups, and a few solid players, those are great building blocks. Stop being a baby, you have no idea how many fans of other teams would dream to have Amare and Stat on their roster.
Ya but this is New York ******* Knickerbockers. The most important team in the NBA that has been unbelievably relevant for the past 10 years. The ************* mecca of the NBA
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks should trade for Hamady N'Diaye. He'd be perfect in the middle for them. grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, being tall and awesome...
wait, I want the nets to trade for him, nevermind
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT think of it this way they have no stars in Denver, Gallo might develop into an all star but it is hard to see that. At most he is a 2nd guy, won't lead a team.. Melo can.

Even Chauncey is better than every single player on Denver right now.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Knicks should trade for Hamady N'Diaye. He'd be perfect in the middle for them. grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, being tall and awesome...
wait, I want the nets to trade for him, nevermind
Mamadou>Hamady
Old 02-26-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
We have 2 Iso players who don't look to fit together in with this scheme who don't play any defense of any kind. A old Pg and what few solid players?

Ya they are building blocks you are in the same position as you were in before either way you are still building for a title you are not competing right now.

We are not any closer to a title right now. If we don't get lucky in the next CBA with Chris Paul we are going to be just like your Hawks good enough to get in the playoffs win a round or two but will never win anything.

Edit: What a surprise Chucky right on schedule as usual.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Why must we win now? That's what I don't get. The moves we've made have made us relevant for the next 4 years at least. This was a long term decision.

We can replace role players easily. You can't find stars whenever you want.

We were irrelevant prior to this trade. Now we have hope of building a championship caliber team in the future bc we found the 2 most important and most difficult pieces to find in creating such a team.

Am I nuts? Am I losing my mind or something? I'm starting to question if I'm making any sense at all.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Why must we win now? That's what I don't get. The moves we've made have made us relevant for the next 4 years at least. This was a long term decision.

We were irrelevant prior to this trade. Now we have hope of building a championship caliber team in the future bc we found the 2 most important and most difficult pieces to find in creating such a team.

Am I nuts? Am I losing my mind or something? I'm starting to question if I'm making any sense at all.
No. I agree with you. While the team may not be significantly better this you they have a significantly better base to build upon for the future, and that is what the deal was about.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Why must we win now? Cause Amare and Melo are not going to get any younger that's why its more important to try and get them as much pieces as we need to win with them as soon as we can.

In the position we are in now with the CBA upcoming which is most likely not going to helps us and we already have limited founds due to Melo's and Stat's contracts. Then you throw on the fact we have no trade able assets its going to be very difficult to get those other pieces this team needs.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started to type something here but then realized that everything has already been said. Knicks were going no where with the current roster, won't go anywhere this year, but added a top 10 player in hopes of drawing other talent and that's definitely a risk worth taking in their case.

So yeah I agree with most of you is what I'm saying.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Why must we win now? Cause Amare and Melo are not going to get any younger that's why its more important to try and get them as much pieces as we need to win with them as soon as we can.

In the position we are in now with the CBA upcoming which is most likely not going to helps us and we already have limited founds due to Melo's and Stat's contracts. Then you throw on the fact we have no trade able assets its going to be very difficult to get those other pieces this team needs.
Melo is 26 and Stat is 28!

Wth! Basketball players can play till they're in their mid 30s. And I know everyone talks about Stat's knees, but at the end of the day, the guy rarely ever misses a game. So it can't be THAT bad.

Even with bad knees, I'll take him over that vagina in Miami, Chris Bosh.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Melo is 26 and Stat is 28!

Wth! Basketball players can play till they're in their mid 30s. And I know everyone talks about Stat's knees, but at the end of the day, the guy rarely ever misses a game. So it can't be THAT bad.

Even with bad knees, I'll take him over that vagina in Miami, Chris Bosh.
This has nothing to do with Bosh.

Mids 30's? OK so you limited window like I said with these 2 players who are already near 30 wouldn't it be a good idea to make sure you can get as many pieces as you can around these two sooner then later. There is a reason that Melo made sure he got a early termination in his extension cause he knows we need to win sooner rather then later.

Stat is a old 28 he has been playing straight out of HS and he has really bad Knee's. Seriously just cause he hasn't missed a game cause of them this year doesn't mean they are in good condition they are not going to get better as time goes on.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The early termination is in case he wants more (and could get more) money later on down the road.

We have a solid 6 year window with those 2 guys to do some damage. I just don't get it, why are we upset about blowing up a .500 team? Why?

Seriously....why?
Old 02-26-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The early termination is in case he wants more (and could get more) money later on down the road.

We have a solid 6 year window with those 2 guys to do some damage. I just don't get it, why are we upset about blowing up a .500 team? Why?

Seriously....why?
People fear change. Always. You may have to take that step back in order to move two steps forward....but people are short sighted and only see that step back, and thus, fear it.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
People fear change. Always. You may have to take that step back in order to move two steps forward....but people are short sighted and only see that step back, and thus, fear it.
You fear change when your team was good and change caused them to take a step back before it took 2 forward.

Our team was mediocre as hell, we're not even taking a step back, we're taking a step sideways, and will take 2 forward.

So seriously, wtf am I missing here?

I just don't get it.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You fear change when your team was good and change caused them to take a step back before it took 2 forward.

Our team was mediocre as hell, we're not even taking a step back, we're taking a step sideways, and will take 2 forward.

So seriously, wtf am I missing here?

I just don't get it.
Well, the initial lack of chemistry and depth players looks a lot like a step back, and people love overreacting right away.

That's what I chalk it up to.