Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The early termination is in case he wants more (and could get more) money later on down the road.

We have a solid 6 year window with those 2 guys to do some damage. I just don't get it, why are we upset about blowing up a .500 team? Why?

Seriously....why?
No the ETO is cause if we are not winning he is going to leave that's why. He knows if he would enter FA your current team can pay you more then a new one can. He would already have a lot of money by then it would be a about titles.

Cause your hinging your present and future on this. If this doesn't work we are beyond screwed and us real Knicks fan have been through this year after year were we basically go all in on a certain player or set of players and it ends up blowing up in our faces cause it doesn't win in the present and it costs us our future.

That's why real Knick fans who supported this team through all the crap and was there and saw how close we were in the 90's and then went through the Layden/Isiah era's of the 2000's are nervous cause we have seen moves like this before and it ends up blowing up in our faces.

Its not about just Gallo or Mozgov or Felton its about us being hungry for a title and we have seen moves that are supposed to bring us closer to a ship and they end up being crap that sets this franchise back and we don't want to see that happen.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
No the ETO is cause if we are not winning he is going to leave that's why. He knows if he would enter FA your current team can pay you more then a new one can. He would already have a lot of money by then it would be a about titles.

Cause your hinging your present and future on this. If this doesn't work we are beyond screwed and us real Knicks fan have been through this year after year were we basically go all in on a certain player or set of players and it ends up blowing up in our faces cause it doesn't win in the present and it costs us our future.

That's why real Knick fans who supported this team through all the crap and was there and saw how close we were in the 90's and then went through the Layden/Isiah era's of the 2000's are nervous cause we have seen moves like this before and it ends up blowing up in our faces.

Its not about just Gallo or Mozgov or Felton its about us being hungry for a title and we have seen moves that are supposed to bring us closer to a ship and they end up being crap that sets this franchise back and we don't want to see that happen.
We didn't win a championship in the 90s BC we didn't make a move like this. We never had the stones to get Ewing that 2nd star player to play with him.

I'm starting to think I'm losing my mind.

We're costing ourselves bc we're hedging our bets on having a star player improve our team? Really?

I'm losing my ******* mind. I give up.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We didn't win a championship in the 90s BC we didn't make a move like this. We never had the stones to get Ewing that 2nd star player to play with him.

I'm starting to think I'm losing my mind.

We're costing ourselves bc we're hedging our bets on having a star player improve our team? Really?

I'm losing my ******* mind. I give up.
We didn't win in the 90's cause of Jordan not cause we didn't trade everything we had to get one player.

We didn't go and get help for Ewing? are you kidding me all we ever did was make trades and bad FA signings to try and help Ewing and get pieces around him.

Like the Knicks never acquired star big name players before? Really? want to go down the list of players we acquired cause we thought they were big names that were supposed to help us win but never did that. Players we gave big fat contracts to and end up biting this franchise in the ass for years.

That's what its about stop being a fair weather fan who refuses to look at any negatives to this deal. This deal has negatives it has positives as well but don't act like the Knicks have never went through this same crap before with betting on 1 or 2 players and then it ends up not finishing the job.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We didn't win in the 90's cause of Jordan not cause we didn't trade everything we had to get one player.

We didn't go and get help for Ewing? are you kidding me all we ever did was make trades and bad FA signings to try and help Ewing and get pieces around him.

Like the Knicks never acquired star big name players before? Really? want to go down the list of players we acquired cause we thought they were big names that were supposed to help us win but never did that. Players we gave big fat contracts to and end up biting this franchise in the ass for years.

That's what its about stop being a fair weather fan who refuses to look at any negatives to this deal. This deal has negatives it has positives as well but don't act like the Knicks have never went through this same crap before with betting on 1 or 2 players and then it ends up not finishing the job.

Quick. Name ONE guy we traded for over the past 10 years that is in the same stratosphere as Carmelo Anthony.

Go on. I'd love to hear it.

Houston and Sprewell when Ewing had the knees of a 50 year old don't count btw. In his prime he had Derrick ******* Harper, John Starks, Charles Oakley, and Anthony Mason.

Oh yeah, that was one star studded lineup. Give me a break.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starbury!!!

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quick. Name ONE guy we traded for over the past 10 years that is in the same stratosphere as Carmelo Anthony.

Go on. I'd love to hear it.

Houston and Sprewell when Ewing had the knees of a 50 year old don't count btw. In his prime he had Derrick ******* Harper, John Starks, Charles Oakley, and Anthony Mason.

Oh yeah, that was one star studded lineup. Give me a break.
Only one guy? Stephon Marbury. Yes Stephon back then is in the same range as Melo and don't even try to argue that Marbury was not a star. He was a star player with flaws in his game just like Melo has flaws in his.

Stephon was a scorer who played no defense and didn't help others sound familiar doesn't it?

and Amare has the Knee's of a how old what 40, 45?

Derrick Harper was actually pretty good for us
Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Only one guy? Stephon Marbury. Yes Stephon back then is in the same range as Melo and don't even try to argue that Marbury was not a star. He was a star player with flaws in his game just like Melo has flaws in his.

Stephon was a scorer who played no defense and didn't help others sound familiar doesn't it?

and Amare has the Knee's of a how old what 40, 45?

Derrick Harper was actually pretty good for us
You seriously just compared Stephon Marbury to Carmelo Anthony?

I'm done. Believe whatever you want.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephon Marbury was never close to as good as Melo is right now. Don't be ridiculous
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You seriously just compared Stephon Marbury to Carmelo Anthony?

I'm done. Believe whatever you want.
Ya I seriously did they are in the same caliber that was a great argument to prove it wrong. Geez I am convinced now there was so much factual information in your response that I am shocked.

Ok I will. I will believe that the Knicks are in win now mode by making this deal and should be looking to acquire as many pieces as we need to build around these two to win. I guess that is real crazy out there thinking.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Ya I seriously did they are in the same caliber that was a great argument to prove it wrong. Geez I am convinced now there was so much factual information in your response that I am shocked.

Ok I will. I will believe that the Knicks are in win now mode by making this deal and should be looking to acquire as many pieces as we need to build around these two to win. I guess that is real crazy out there thinking.
The fact that you think Stephon Marbury was ever anywhere near Carmelo Anthony as a player is all I need to know.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand how you go from "gutting roster, tanking for two years, building for future" to "must win nowzzzzzz" in six months. How the **** does that happen?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephon Marbury was NEVER on the level that Carmelo is on right now.

I cant believe anyone could say that seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fans got way ahead of themselves during that winning streak.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The fact that you think Stephon Marbury was ever anywhere near Carmelo Anthony as a player is all I need to know.
Back in 2003. Stephon Marbury was a not a star player in the NBA are you seriously going to argue against that?

Stephon was despite all his **** a talented player there is no argument there. You were probably happy when the Knicks got him too.

Carmelo Anthony is a star player in this league not a transcending superstar like you want to believe not the best player in the league now just cause he plays for the Knicks. He is a real good player. He is not Lebron he is not Kobe.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I don't understand how you go from "gutting roster, tanking for two years, building for future" to "must win nowzzzzzz" in six months. How the **** does that happen?
It's NEW YORKKKKKKKK!!!

That's how.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Since when has a team ever acquired two big name players and not look to win as soon as humanly possible. You don't acquire stars and make like this to build for a title 2 years from now.

Teams who makes moves like the Knicks just made with Melo usually do it cause they feel they are 1 piece away which was not the Knicks situation at all.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Simply put, you don't know what you're talking about here. Earl Clark has been a marvel for us everytime he's been on the floor. His numbers may not reflect it, but that's probably what's got you confused. Clark has played great defense. He held Dirk, Blake Griffin and now Durant in check for 7 of 22 shooting. That defense doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but he is a great man defender who is pretty much free ballin' because he has yet to grasp Stan's team defense concepts. Once he does that in addition, he will start to open up the rest of the world's eyes. Anyone who has watched Clark play knows his value is immense right now. He needs to start.

Anderson is a chucker who needs to learn how to play inside more. He has the ability, but doesn't do it enough. He doesn't like the contact and his athleticism limits him from put backs and help defense that requires quickness and such. He'll rebound, but nothing close to the rim. Anderson is a good guy to have apart of your 8 man rotation, but he's a bench guy through and through.

Clark is better than Bass too. There are times when each has a strength for being in the game and it's on Stan to make the right decisions.
I know Earl Clark is a much better defender, but Anderson's plus/minus numbers don't lie, and he's a ridiculous shooter for a big man.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I do see being a small problem is how Melo/Stat both get theres.

It isn't really like how Miami is, because Bron and Wade both can run point lets be real. Melo was never known for his passing, so a guy like Paul (pass first) is reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly important for the Knicks. As much as I love Chauncey he is more of a scorer, not that he can't run an offense because he can.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since when has a team ever acquired two big name players and not look to win as soon as humanly possible. You don't acquire stars and make like this to build for a title 2 years from now.

Teams who makes moves like the Knicks just made with Melo usually do it cause they feel they are 1 piece away which was not the Knicks situation at all.
I think thats what he was talking about.

They made this move because they feel they are in win now phase instead of the gradual rebuilding that they should be in.

I understand they are in the playoff hunt but right now they probably wont get much higher than the 6 seed that they currently are, even with Melo.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I think thats what he was talking about.

They made this move because they feel they are in win now phase instead of the gradual rebuilding that they should be in.

I understand they are in the playoff hunt but right now they probably wont get much higher than the 6 seed that they currently are, even with Melo.
Thank you Sick for summing up my point for me.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Thank you Sick for summing up my point for me.
They should still be in rebuilding mode is what YFS is saying, they are much more than 1 piece away.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
They should still be in rebuilding mode is what YFS is saying, they are much more than 1 piece away.
I know they are still building which is why I am saying we need to acquire as many pieces as we can as soon as we can.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate seeing Perk go, but that was a great trade for the C's. The Erden/Harangody trade is a bit puzzling...
Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Celtics are totally banking on their old ass big man depth staying healthy. Not a good idea imo. I'd rather have Perk. Green isn't all that efficient offensively and is only alright defensively, I haven't been a huge fan the last few years.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The C's apparently are also banking on signing some players after their contracts are bought out.
I saw Dalenbert's (sp?) name brought up... also T.Murphy and some other names I can't remember that are potentials.
That's the reason for getting rid of our two rookie bigs for a bag of doritos

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote