Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinch87 View Post
yes these stats show that chandler is having a better year, but i am guessing that you have not watched any bulls games at all. You can not go off pure stats. Now i am not saying chandler is a having a an okay year cause i know he is having a great year. However, wallace is a much better one on one defender than chandler and in the fact that we can leave wallace one on one with anyone most of the time without someone coming in and double teaming. Chandler is really weak and has a hard time doing this...most of his blocks are on help d. Plus, wallace is so much more intelligent on d cause he also looks for the steal and strips it when he can. Now, i was a really big tyson fan and i still like him but you have to look at the whole picuture. In a sense we got a chandler in tyrus thomas but tyrus is just way more athletic
Well said. Btw, Tyrus is going to be a special player. He's so raw right now but the kid makes at least one great play a game for the highlight reel. And he seems to be getting better each time he gets PT.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes these stats show that chandler is having a better year, but i am guessing that you have not watched any bulls games at all. You can not go off pure stats. Now i am not saying chandler is a having a an okay year cause i know he is having a great year. However, wallace is a much better one on one defender than chandler and in the fact that we can leave wallace one on one with anyone most of the time without someone coming in and double teaming. Chandler is really weak and has a hard time doing this...most of his blocks are on help d. Plus, wallace is so much more intelligent on d cause he also looks for the steal and strips it when he can. Now, i was a really big tyson fan and i still like him but you have to look at the whole picuture. In a sense we got a chandler in tyrus thomas but tyrus is just way more athletic
For your information I have watched 2.:p

But in all seriousness, I did not like the Bulls Offseason. I liked the Ben Wallace signing at first, but I did not believe he was the missing piece like alot of people believed. He was a nice upgrade, but far from the answer. And yes he is more then just blocks and rebounds, he hustles and alters shots with the best of them. But When you guys traded Chandler away I thought it was a bad move. He was still very young, and has progressed nicely. Then when the draft came, I thought for sure Albridge was gonna be your guy. He was more polished offensive post player, which what you guys needed. So when you drafted a 6'8 leaper, I was abit surprised. Now I give you that PJ Brown and Ben Wallace are good veteran leaders for a young team, I just believe the offseason could of been better.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Hinch87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
For your information I have watched 2.:p

But in all seriousness, I did not like the Bulls Offseason. I liked the Ben Wallace signing at first, but I did not believe he was the missing piece like alot of people believed. He was a nice upgrade, but far from the answer. And yes he is more then just blocks and rebounds, he hustles and alters shots with the best of them. But When you guys traded Chandler away I thought it was a bad move. He was still very young, and has progressed nicely. Then when the draft came, I thought for sure Albridge was gonna be your guy. He was more polished offensive post player, which what you guys needed. So when you drafted a 6'8 leaper, I was abit surprised. Now I give you that PJ Brown and Ben Wallace are good veteran leaders for a young team, I just believe the offseason could of been better.
okay....sweetness is right in the fact that we overpaid for wallace but who doesnt??? we could not have kept wallace and chandler under the contracts that they had and tyson is having a great year mostly because chris paul has been there. I know paul has been hurt but tysons latest explosion is because of tip dunks or amazing passes from paul....with your aldrige assesment i am not mad at all that we took tyrus....tyrus abilities out weigh aldrige by soo much...the sky is the limit for him and once he harnesses it he will be amazing....when its all said and done tyrus will be a great player while aldrige is just a good player...and so i am glad pax took tyrus.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
TiTaNsFAN 1014
Rookie

TiTaNsFAN 1014 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default tyson

Another comment on Tyson....
I love him, he was one of my favorite players and still is, but the biggest difference is foul trouble. Tyson simply could just not stay on the floor when he was with us. It doesn't matter how good you are at defending when you cant stay on the floor. Ben Wallace doesnt pick up the stupid fouls that tyson would.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice win by the Suns tonight. Not the prettiest, but I like to see that we can get it done if our shot isn't dropping and we're playing at a slow pace.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
okay....sweetness is right in the fact that we overpaid for wallace but who doesnt??? we could not have kept wallace and chandler under the contracts that they had and tyson is having a great year mostly because chris paul has been there. I know paul has been hurt but tysons latest explosion is because of tip dunks or amazing passes from paul....with your aldrige assesment i am not mad at all that we took tyrus....tyrus abilities out weigh aldrige by soo much...the sky is the limit for him and once he harnesses it he will be amazing....when its all said and done tyrus will be a great player while aldrige is just a good player...and so i am glad pax took tyrus.
I know I'm alone in this analysis, but I don't think the Bulls overpaid to the degree everyone is making it out to be. This contract is frontloaded, and the Bulls are RIDICULOUSLY under the cap. This year, the Bulls have the 3rd LOWEST salary in the league. So if you spend a mil or two over what the market wants, who cares? Not the cap. I'm happy that Chandler is gone. He was not excelling in our system. This is evident to anyone that watches the Bulls' games.

What is often not mentioned in conversations about players is the system they play within. The type of ball is paramount. Had anyone heard of Monta Ellis before Nellie Ball? Had anyone heard of Raja Bell before he played in PHX's system? I believe that Chandler's stats are stemming from the system Byron has him playing in. I hope he has a great time in NO/OK, but I'm glad he's gone from the Bulls because the experiment was not turning into a fruition exercise.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

starbury has 15 asists 72 points in the last two games he can turn it up
and

and the last 6 games he s been averaging
points ppg 27.3
asists ppg 6.0

and francis threw down like 26 last game.
last game was the francis and marbury show they jus t took over in the fourth quarter and over time.and the hawks are stupid for playing childress at the point and he had to face starbury and francis
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Dunk of the year? I think so!
It was the dunk of the year until last night when Bostjan Nochbar $hit on Dalembert. Go to this http://www.nba.com/nets/ then just click the picture of Nochbar on the front page its amazing.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Please everyone: Bow your heads and pray for David Lee's knee. Manhattan's favorite is hurt, and everyone should pray for his poor soul.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Nellie's in tank mode. It's a joke though to call that foul let alone give him a T with .1 left. It was like a few weeks ago when Travis Outlaw got a T for checking in with his shirt unchecked in the 4th Q. Just nonsense.
How can you not call the foul. Gilbert Arenas going for a game tying layup and Michael Pietrus backs right into him, doesn't matter how much time is left a foul is a foul.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
Please everyone: Bow your heads and pray for David Lee's knee. Manhattan's favorite is hurt, and everyone should pray for his poor soul.
yea i hope he comes back tommorow, and i wish crawford can come back, but in the good side were a half game back from nj which is the 8 seed, and nj is playing the mavs tommorow, and were playing the sonics if we can win and they can loose it ll be sweet. and were like 4.5 gb from that fourth seed from toronto so i like where the knicks are. go new york go new york go.
hopefully we can pull a 99

Last edited by jets future : 03-05-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hinch87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
How can you not call the foul. Gilbert Arenas going for a game tying layup and Michael Pietrus backs right into him, doesn't matter how much time is left a foul is a foul.
yes it was a foul, but the refs do not get to decide the game by giving a technical out. That is uncalled for. Okay so they call the foul...so let the game go into overtime and let the players determine the outcome. The refs have no right to determine the outcome of hte game like that and that was a horrid display and it made me sick to see them call that. It wasnt even that bad of a foul to begin with, the foul in the bulls game that they called on duhon was much worse and should not have been called. If Ruben Patterson made both those free throws to win the game for the bucks to win we would be discussing the same problem with the refs
Old 03-05-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's this week's write-up sorry been kinda busy and didn't have much time so I had to just bust this one out in like 20 mins so it isn't very long and there are probably grammar mistakes in what not but enjoy the read, next weeks will be better. This is now arcived with last weeks on the first post on the first page.

Important Games from last Week:

Georgetown vs.UCONN:In this game Georgetown locked up the Big East regular season title, but more important than the actual game is how the players looked as draft Prospects. This game was dubbed as the battle of the Giants as a pair of 7 foot potential stars Roy Hibbert and Hasheem Thabeet took center stage, although only 1 showed up. If anything this game just showed what everyone has seen all year long, Roy Hibbert is ready for the NBA and Thabeet needs to stay in school, although when all is said and done the reverse may be the outcome. Thabeet struggled greatly with only 6 points 4 rebounds and 2 blocks while Hibbert totaled 18 points 12 rebounds and 3 blocks. Hibbert showed that he has the ability for the offense to be run through him while Thabeet showed that at this point in his career he requires other players to create for him something that UCONN lacks. UCONN's best player as has been all year long was Jeff Adrien. He is tough and physical inside but his pro prospect looks much more likely overseas than in America. At 6 7" and a lack of bulk while in college he is able to collect rebounds in large totals he
will be pushed around and jumped over in the NBA. Adrian also lacks a consistent mid range shot and doesn't have the craftiness around the basket you would expect from a smaller big man. Patrick Ewing JR. had an excellent game and is very versatile. He is the defensive spark plug although offensively he has little production although you can see that the skill is there, you just have to worry because he's almost
graduated. His name alone should give him a shot at the NBA. Jeff Green played a very controlled game and didn't really take over as he usually does but his stock didn't take a hit, he is still lottery. Dejaun Summers had his worse game of the year but is still in position for lottery pick in 08. In this game none of the young UCONN prospects impressed and none of them showed that they were ready. AJ Price and Marcus Johnson were virtually invisible even though they didn't log in major mins. UCONNs dominance is going to have to take a step back a few years at the very least and probably much longer.

UNC Vs. Duke: Of course I had to put this game in here as it is arguably the best rivalry in college hoops and college athletics in general. This year it was clear and obvious that UNC had a superior team to Duke sweeping the regular season matchup while Sunday's game was dominated from the first second to the last bloody second of the game. While Tyler Hansborough dominated this game you can't really say he improved his stock much and I still view him as a late first rounder. AS he was able to dominate weaklings like Josh McRoberts and McClure none of that will come to him in the NBA game. And while usually I don't like NBADRAFT.net comparisons the Mark Madsen one really fits well. Of course Hansborough has much better offensive skills his impact in the NBA will be similar with lack of height, and footspeed. Reyshawn Terry had a very good game especially for his standards in 07 put will still struggle to be drafted. While he can be explosive to the basket and has a decent mid range games there is nothing in his game that should keep him on an NBA roster. Brandan Wright played a mediocre game with a couple nice baskets and a few rebounds as well as some electrifying blocks, but all he showed me is that he needs to stay in college atleast 2 more years although he probably won't. If he doesn't gain 20-35 pounds of muscle atleast he will be nothing more than Andray Blatche. He is very unimpressive rebounding even in college and all his boards are based on athleticism. If he were to play 30 mins in the NBA right now he'd be lucky to grab 3 boards. The big upside on him is that he is freakishly athletic for his size and has a decent perimeter jumper. I just feel like at this point he is a little bit overrated and if he were to declare this year he shouldn't go top 5. His strength really is a big problem. He get's pushed away from the basket too much and can't finish when hit. Right now my best comparison is Andray Blatche but with some serious work a year or two in the weight room he should be ready to make a decent contribution in the NBA, I still believe that he has major upside and starpower but if he doesn't put the work in the gym he won't be anything special. Ty Lawson had a nice game and is a very mature floor general as a freshman, with the ball in his hand is electrifying and surprisingly mistake free many of times. He could very well spend 4 years at Carolina as he should but he has true potential to be a great point guard. He could declare earlier maybe in 08 or 09 and go top 20 but his shooting does need work as well as defensive fundamentals. Marcus Ginyard who is one of my favorite players watching him his senior year at O’Connell had a very good game against Duke. Ginyard is a tough nosed kid with an NBA body who plays defense and is capable of a little
bit of scoring. He is the perfect type of mold guy who could help bring a championship to UNC but as much as I love him is NBA prospect is not strong at all and probably will have to play overseas. For Duke McClure is similar to Ginyard in that he is a great glue for his NBA but most likely won't see a second on an NBA floor. Demarcus Nelson is unlikely to be drafted and is probably looking at a career overseas. His shooting is much improved but not good enough to cover all of the other weaknesses of his game.

Underrated:

Al Thorton:Could easily find himself in the lottery but still I feel as he is very underrated and doesn't get the attention he deserves while a guy like Julian Wright is heralded as a legend. Thorton is 5 times the prospect that Alexander Johnson was, who was good in his own right. Thorton's stock for sure will gain a raise after single handedly taking down the Miami Hurricanes Saturday afternoon. Thorton dominated the
game finishing with an astonishing 45 points and 8 rebounds on an equally impressive 16-24 shooting from the floor and a perfect 11-11 from the charity stripe. Al Thorton is a freakish athlete for his size and has really worked on his body since coming to Florida state and now has what we'd call an "NBA ready body". All things aside the thing that impresses me most about Thorton is his passion. He puts his all into every game and is aggressive on every play while that usually can be looked as a downside as it comes with turnovers and fouls, Thorton is very controlled in expending his energy. Despite his lack of height his new gained strength allows him to mix it inside with the big guys and pull down big rebounds. Despite being only 6-8" he has very longs arms making him a force as a shot blocker. Where Thorton's game has improved the most over the past 4 years is his offensive control and skills. Thorton now has developed a satisfactory back to the basket game and is excellent off the dribble with a quick first step. His shooting has improved as he now has legit 3 point range. Negatives on Thorton of course are his age being 24 come draft time and being a sort of "tweener." This negatives although outweigh the rest and any team that drafts Thorton should expect "Josh Howard" type contribution in his early years. I feel like Thorton may be overlooked because of his lack of size and clear cut position but the #1 most important thing is that he is a basketball player, first and foremost.

Mustafa Shakur:If this were 4 months ago Mustafa would be on the other list but his improvement this year has really impressed me and I am very happy for him. In his freshman and sophomore years being so highly recruited many though Shakur to be a lottery pick but after not really producing his first 3 years in college many coming into this year believed that he didn't deserve to be drafted in 07 as I thought, but his
game has really taken leaps and bounds although subtle. Most have him as a mid-late 2nd rounder I would take him late round 1. Shakur is a true Point guard something that is going to be very hard to find in this years upcoming draft. He has very solid handles and is deadly pushing the ball up the court. His negatives are still his shooting and decision making but he has really made himself some money in his senior campaign and should get a real shot in the NBA at sticking. In draft so deprived of point guards I expect him to go late round 1 or early round 2.

Overrated

Joakim Noah:2006 1st pick overall had he declared Noah is highly overrated and IMO doesn't belong in the lottery especially the top 5 picks. The first thing you will notice about Noah is his lack of bulk and lack of game production. Noah is weak and must gain considerable weight to make an NBA impact. Because of his strength his rebounding will take a huge hit. While an above average shot blocker he doesn't have that natural feel as players like Emeka Okafor and Marcus Camby have. Noah will swipe at anything and will often pickup dumb fouls. Offensively he is sure to make little impact in the NBA other than a few putbacks and hook shots. He will make a much bigger impact if he is somehow able to develop a consistent mid range shot as in the NBA he will be given open looks all the time. He should hang out with former Gator Udonis Haslem and get some lessons on mid range shooting. Noah is no more than Anderson Varenjao although Varenjao has much better handles and much better range shooting.

Kyle Visser:The true example of an overrated prospect. The fact that I am hearing talk about possible late round 1 to early round 2 makes me sad. We all know that the NBA is "lacking" true center starpower and depth but that is the testament to the changing style of the NBA play and a dominant center is no longer required to win games and a championship, Visser however will struggle to make an NBA roster, and all this first round talk makes me sick. First off he is nothing but a one year wonder on a team that has no true NBA prospect as of now. Let's not forget that his first 3 years in college Visser averaged only 4 points 2 rebounds a game. As for his actual game nothing stands out to tell me that he will make an NBA roster. The first thing that you will notice about Visser is his clear lack of strength. Even with 4 years of the Wake Forest weight training program, he still physically is wiry and weak and that will be exploited even more in the NBA. His ability to finish in the NBA will be very limited and he must develop certain kinks in his game and pump fakes to free himself as his body will not allow him to truck people out of the way. His lack of footspeed is also a worry, conditioning problems must be noted and with quicker big men he will struggle not only to guard on the perimeter but handle offensive bigmen down low with nifty footwork. Visser also lacks explosion both offensively and on defense. He is virtually not a threat as a shot blocker and he must develop any sort of mid range game if he has any hopes of staying in the league. Positives on him, he is a very energetic player who is the classic overachiever on the court but you must question his potential as there is basically none there. You shouldn't expect any more than 7 ppg and 5 rpg from him in the NBA if you are lucky. Kyle Visser's draft stock just seems to be inflated because of some misguiding stats on a terrible team, there is nothing in his game to show that he is any better than recent ACC bigmen like Shavlik Randolph and Luke Schenscher.

2007 NCAA Tournament, my top 3 Seeds:
1 Seeds:
Ohio State
Kansas
UCLA
Wisconsin

2 Seeds:
Memphis
Texas A+M
North Carolina
Georgetown

3 Seeds:
Florida
Washington State
Pitt
Nevada

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 03-05-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's this week's write-up sorry been kinda busy and didn't have much time so I had to just bust this one out in like 20 mins so it isn't very long and there are probably grammar mistakes in what not but enjoy the read, next weeks will be better. This is now arcived with last weeks on the first post on the first page.

Important Games from last Week:

Georgetown vs.UCONN:In this game Georgetown locked up the Big East regular season title, but more important than the actual game is how the players looked as draft Prospects. This game was dubbed as the battle of the Giants as a pair of 7 foot potential stars Roy Hibbert and Hasheem Thabeet took center stage, although only 1 showed up. If anything this game just showed what everyone has seen all year long, Roy Hibbert is ready for the NBA and Thabeet needs to stay in school, although when all is said and done the reverse may be the outcome. Thabeet struggled greatly with only 6 points 4 rebounds and 2 blocks while Hibbert totaled 18 points 12 rebounds and 3 blocks. Hibbert showed that he has the ability for the offense to be run through him while Thabeet showed that at this point in his career he requires other players to create for him something that UCONN lacks. UCONN's best player as has been all year long was Jeff Adrien. He is tough and physical inside but his pro prospect looks much more likely overseas than in America. At 6 7" and a lack of bulk while in college he is able to collect rebounds in large totals he
will be pushed around and jumped over in the NBA. Adrian also lacks a consistent mid range shot and doesn't have the craftiness around the basket you would expect from a smaller big man. Patrick Ewing JR. had an excellent game and is very versatile. He is the defensive spark plug although offensively he has little production although you can see that the skill is there, you just have to worry because he's almost
graduated. His name alone should give him a shot at the NBA. Jeff Green played a very controlled game and didn't really take over as he usually does but his stock didn't take a hit, he is still lottery. Dejaun Summers had his worse game of the year but is still in position for lottery pick in 08. In this game none of the young UCONN prospects impressed and none of them showed that they were ready. AJ Price and Marcus Johnson were virtually invisible even though they didn't log in major mins. UCONNs dominance is going to have to take a step back a few years at the very least and probably much longer.

UNC Vs. Duke: Of course I had to put this game in here as it is arguably the best rivalry in college hoops and college athletics in general. This year it was clear and obvious that UNC had a superior team to Duke sweeping the regular season matchup while Sunday's game was dominated from the first second to the last bloody second of the game. While Tyler Hansborough dominated this game you can't really say he improved his stock much and I still view him as a late first rounder. AS he was able to dominate weaklings like Josh McRoberts and McClure none of that will come to him in the NBA game. And while usually I don't like NBADRAFT.net comparisons the Mark Madsen one really fits well. Of course Hansborough has much better offensive skills his impact in the NBA will be similar with lack of height, and footspeed. Reyshawn Terry had a very good game especially for his standards in 07 put will still struggle to be drafted. While he can be explosive to the basket and has a decent mid range games there is nothing in his game that should keep him on an NBA roster. Brandan Wright played a mediocre game with a couple nice baskets and a few rebounds as well as some electrifying blocks, but all he showed me is that he needs to stay in college atleast 2 more years although he probably won't. If he doesn't gain 20-35 pounds of muscle atleast he will be nothing more than Andray Blatche. He is very unimpressive rebounding even in college and all his boards are based on athleticism. If he were to play 30 mins in the NBA right now he'd be lucky to grab 3 boards. The big upside on him is that he is freakishly athletic for his size and has a decent perimeter jumper. I just feel like at this point he is a little bit overrated and if he were to declare this year he shouldn't go top 5. His strength really is a big problem. He get's pushed away from the basket too much and can't finish when hit. Right now my best comparison is Andray Blatche but with some serious work a year or two in the weight room he should be ready to make a decent contribution in the NBA, I still believe that he has major upside and starpower but if he doesn't put the work in the gym he won't be anything special. Ty Lawson had a nice game and is a very mature floor general as a freshman, with the ball in his hand is electrifying and surprisingly mistake free many of times. He could very well spend 4 years at Carolina as he should but he has true potential to be a great point guard. He could declare earlier maybe in 08 or 09 and go top 20 but his shooting does need work as well as defensive fundamentals. Marcus Ginyard who is one of my favorite players watching him his senior year at O’Connell had a very good game against Duke. Ginyard is a tough nosed kid with an NBA body who plays defense and is capable of a little
bit of scoring. He is the perfect type of mold guy who could help bring a championship to UNC but as much as I love him is NBA prospect is not strong at all and probably will have to play overseas. For Duke McClure is similar to Ginyard in that he is a great glue for his NBA but most likely won't see a second on an NBA floor. Demarcus Nelson is unlikely to be drafted and is probably looking at a career overseas. His shooting is much improved but not good enough to cover all of the other weaknesses of his game.

Underrated:

Al Thorton:Could easily find himself in the lottery but still I feel as he is very underrated and doesn't get the attention he deserves while a guy like Julian Wright is heralded as a legend. Thorton is 5 times the prospect that Alexander Johnson was, who was good in his own right. Thorton's stock for sure will gain a raise after single handedly taking down the Miami Hurricanes Saturday afternoon. Thorton dominated the
game finishing with an astonishing 45 points and 8 rebounds on an equally impressive 16-24 shooting from the floor and a perfect 11-11 from the charity stripe. Al Thorton is a freakish athlete for his size and has really worked on his body since coming to Florida state and now has what we'd call an "NBA ready body". All things aside the thing that impresses me most about Thorton is his passion. He puts his all into every game and is aggressive on every play while that usually can be looked as a downside as it comes with turnovers and fouls, Thorton is very controlled in expending his energy. Despite his lack of height his new gained strength allows him to mix it inside with the big guys and pull down big rebounds. Despite being only 6-8" he has very longs arms making him a force as a shot blocker. Where Thorton's game has improved the most over the past 4 years is his offensive control and skills. Thorton now has developed a satisfactory back to the basket game and is excellent off the dribble with a quick first step. His shooting has improved as he now has legit 3 point range. Negatives on Thorton of course are his age being 24 come draft time and being a sort of "tweener." This negatives although outweigh the rest and any team that drafts Thorton should expect "Josh Howard" type contribution in his early years. I feel like Thorton may be overlooked because of his lack of size and clear cut position but the #1 most important thing is that he is a basketball player, first and foremost.

Mustafa Shakur:If this were 4 months ago Mustafa would be on the other list but his improvement this year has really impressed me and I am very happy for him. In his freshman and sophomore years being so highly recruited many though Shakur to be a lottery pick but after not really producing his first 3 years in college many coming into this year believed that he didn't deserve to be drafted in 07 as I thought, but his
game has really taken leaps and bounds although subtle. Most have him as a mid-late 2nd rounder I would take him late round 1. Shakur is a true Point guard something that is going to be very hard to find in this years upcoming draft. He has very solid handles and is deadly pushing the ball up the court. His negatives are still his shooting and decision making but he has really made himself some money in his senior campaign and should get a real shot in the NBA at sticking. In draft so deprived of point guards I expect him to go late round 1 or early round 2.

Overrated

Joakim Noah:2006 1st pick overall had he declared Noah is highly overrated and IMO doesn't belong in the lottery especially the top 5 picks. The first thing you will notice about Noah is his lack of bulk and lack of game production. Noah is weak and must gain considerable weight to make an NBA impact. Because of his strength his rebounding will take a huge hit. While an above average shot blocker he doesn't have that natural feel as players like Emeka Okafor and Marcus Camby have. Noah will swipe at anything and will often pickup dumb fouls. Offensively he is sure to make little impact in the NBA other than a few putbacks and hook shots. He will make a much bigger impact if he is somehow able to develop a consistent mid range shot as in the NBA he will be given open looks all the time. He should hang out with former Gator Udonis Haslem and get some lessons on mid range shooting. Noah is no more than Anderson Varenjao although Varenjao has much better handles and much better range shooting.

Kyle Visser:The true example of an overrated prospect. The fact that I am hearing talk about possible late round 1 to early round 2 makes me sad. We all know that the NBA is "lacking" true center starpower and depth but that is the testament to the changing style of the NBA play and a dominant center is no longer required to win games and a championship, Visser however will struggle to make an NBA roster, and all this first round talk makes me sick. First off he is nothing but a one year wonder on a team that has no true NBA prospect as of now. Let's not forget that his first 3 years in college Visser averaged only 4 points 2 rebounds a game. As for his actual game nothing stands out to tell me that he will make an NBA roster. The first thing that you will notice about Visser is his clear lack of strength. Even with 4 years of the Wake Forest weight training program, he still physically is wiry and weak and that will be exploited even more in the NBA. His ability to finish in the NBA will be very limited and he must develop certain kinks in his game and pump fakes to free himself as his body will not allow him to truck people out of the way. His lack of footspeed is also a worry, conditioning problems must be noted and with quicker big men he will struggle not only to guard on the perimeter but handle offensive bigmen down low with nifty footwork. Visser also lacks explosion both offensively and on defense. He is virtually not a threat as a shot blocker and he must develop any sort of mid range game if he has any hopes of staying in the league. Positives on him, he is a very energetic player who is the classic overachiever on the court but you must question his potential as there is basically none there. You shouldn't expect any more than 7 ppg and 5 rpg from him in the NBA if you are lucky. Kyle Visser's draft stock just seems to be inflated because of some misguiding stats on a terrible team, there is nothing in his game to show that he is any better than recent ACC bigmen like Shavlik Randolph and Luke Schenscher.

2007 NCAA Tournament, my top 3 Seeds:
1 Seeds:
Ohio State
Kansas
UCLA
Wisconsin

2 Seeds:
Memphis
Texas A+M
North Carolina
Georgetown

3 Seeds:
Florida
Washington State
Pitt
Nevada
Memphis as a 2 seed makes me want to throw up. Not bashing you GS because it's a pretty accurate projection but they play in one of the weakest Div I conferences in C-USA. And they stack up wins against crap competition. Put them in the Big East and they finish in the middle of the pack. Louisville is their only competition and they're not even that good. I mean South Florida, UAB, Houston...Is this a joke?

Can you say early exit? I can! I will disagree on Florida and Washington State though. I think Florida gets at least a 2 seed, if not a 1 depending on how they do in the SEC Tourney; they still have the best starting 5 in CB right now without question IMO, plus a nice bench. Washington State has had a good year but after watching UCLA basically control them at WSU, I'll disagree on that one too. I think a 4 or 5 seed is in the future Wash State.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone hear Brandan Wright promised his mom he would graduate from UNC in 3 years (he is on pace to do this)?

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
yes it was a foul, but the refs do not get to decide the game by giving a technical out. That is uncalled for. Okay so they call the foul...so let the game go into overtime and let the players determine the outcome. The refs have no right to determine the outcome of hte game like that and that was a horrid display and it made me sick to see them call that. It wasnt even that bad of a foul to begin with, the foul in the bulls game that they called on duhon was much worse and should not have been called. If Ruben Patterson made both those free throws to win the game for the bucks to win we would be discussing the same problem with the refs
Duhon did grab him by his arm. You can't just "swallow your whistle" at the end of a game. Sure you can let a little bit more go, but if you see a foul, you have to call it. And I wasn't upset with that call when I saw the replay.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yeah I can agree with that, if Memphis was in the Big East would be middle of the pack but the way seeding works you can't bash them for that you have to look at their record no matter who they played. 27-3 is rather impressive their three defeats coming to then ranked #19 GATech, Tennessee, and then 9 ranked Arizona. I really though love Douglas-Roberts, Hunt, Dozier, Dorsey, and Anderson. If only Dwash had stayed instead of doing it up in the NBDL. BTW Lousiville is in the big east now and actually doing well at #3 in the Big East so it's not crazy to think Memphis couldn't do similar in the Big East. As for Flordia when they get beat in their first game of the SCC tournament will drop.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on where some UK players would end up, such as Morris, Bradley and crawfird if they were to enter the draft?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future View Post
yea i hope he comes back tommorow, and i wish crawford can come back, but in the good side were a half game back from nj which is the 8 seed, and nj is playing the mavs tommorow, and were playing the sonics if we can win and they can loose it ll be sweet. and were like 4.5 gb from that fourth seed from toronto so i like where the knicks are. go new york go new york go.
hopefully we can pull a 99
Crawford is such a frustrating player to root for. He'll either be 13-23 or 10-30 on any given night

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Crawford is such a frustrating player to root for. He'll either be 13-23 or 10-30 on any given night
yea atleast this season he got better shot selection than th e other years, and he can score but q rich, starbury and francis got to step it up, but it was sad to see q rich to get injuired on saturday does any one know if that injuiry was serious
Old 03-05-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That wasn't a foul, that was a no call MP2 went straight up. Gilbert the whole game was throwing himself into Warriors. What a joke, it doesn't matter though thanks for the loss as our annuel late season tank job continues.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam View Post
Anyone hear Brandan Wright promised his mom he would graduate from UNC in 3 years (he is on pace to do this)?
no way! one... his stock is so high at this point and he wouldnt want to do anything to hurt it and two... he is an idiot theres no way hes on pace to graduate in 3 years! are you sure ur not thinking of thaddeus young cause i know he was probally the smartest high-major recruit
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Ghetto what do you think of Indiana's DJ White? NBADraft.net currently has him as a late first rounder this year which came as a big surprise to me.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just looked at espn's lottery projection, and It had D.J Augustin going to the Kings at 11.

I am praying Durant and Augustin both dont leave, I will have a mental breakdown.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Roby, SF, Colorado will be a first round draft pick (cousin of Kenyon Martin)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote