Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I like the hard physical play... the NBA has gotten way too soft for my liking. Way too many floppers... it has caused players to become more whiny...

Let them bang it out... you'd see less whining, less flopping and more intensity.

I like the way basketball was played between the Bad Boys and Bulls back in the day.. Hell, even the Knicks were bad ass with Charles Oakley.

Take it back to that era... Don't give me the excuse that we need to protect the players. You didn't see guys missing games back then because of the physicality and more than you do in today's game. In fact, basketball has pretty much become like soccer... anytime you see a guy hit the floor, it's like they lost a leg... then they're back on the court in 3 minutes making big plays like nothing happened. It's pathetic. It really is.

I didn't see what Bynum did, and I'm not promoting boxing or wrestling, but I liked the game more back when they used to let the players "play" rather than "act".
I was actually thinking of making a post similar to this. Back when the Pistons and the Celtics were in their prime, it was almost a guarantee to see someone hit the deck and it wouldnt have been surprising if you saw it once or twice a game. Like you said, this game is turning into soccer....sooooo many ******* actors that act like they just got shot, or act like the world is coming to an end if they get fouled or get a foul called on them.

I am not at all backing up what Bynum did, but if this were back in a different era this would not be half of what it is being made out to be right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I was actually thinking of making a post similar to this. Back when the Pistons and the Celtics were in their prime, it was almost a guarantee to see someone hit the deck and it wouldnt have been surprising if you saw it once or twice a game. Like you said, this game is turning into soccer....sooooo many ******* actors that act like they just got shot, or act like the world is coming to an end if they get fouled or get a foul called on them.

I am not at all backing up what Bynum did, but if this were back in a different era this would not be half of what it is being made out to be right now.
Mark Jackson said they planned and premeditated ways of taking guys out... not to injury them intentionally, but definitely to bang them up and take them out of their mojo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the hard physical play... the NBA has gotten way too soft for my liking. Way too many floppers... it has caused players to become more whiny...

Let them bang it out... you'd see less whining, less flopping and more intensity.

I like the way basketball was played between the Bad Boys and Bulls back in the day.. Hell, even the Knicks were bad ass with Charles Oakley.

Take it back to that era... Don't give me the excuse that we need to protect the players. You didn't see guys missing games back then because of the physicality and more than you do in today's game. In fact, basketball has pretty much become like soccer... anytime you see a guy hit the floor, it's like they lost a leg... then they're back on the court in 3 minutes making big plays like nothing happened. It's pathetic. It really is.

I didn't see what Bynum did, and I'm not promoting boxing or wrestling, but I liked the game more back when they used to let the players "play" rather than "act".
The Lakers were playing like every other NBA basketball team then when the game is pretty much over they decide to play like the bad boys. It was not hard physical play, Bynum was mad because they were getting blown out so Bynum decided to pick on the smallest guy on the court. Your right I guess they played like the Bad boys .
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the video for those of you who think this has anything to do with actual toughness, see it for yourself. Tough is swallowing the bitter pill of getting swept out of the playoffs. Tough is realizing that even with 9 minutes left in a game your team was never in, you still have to play those 9 minutes out. Bynum and Odom aren't tough, they're ******* pussies who didn't want to have to face that final buzzer. They wanted to hide in the locker room, and take some cheap shots on their way off the court.

http://deadspin.com/5799784/the-lake...ons-final-game
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Here's the video for those of you who think this has anything to do with actual toughness, see it for yourself. Tough is swallowing the bitter pill of getting swept out of the playoffs. Tough is realizing that even with 9 minutes left in a game your team was never in, you still have to play those 9 minutes out. Bynum and Odom aren't tough, they're ******* pussies who didn't want to have to face that final buzzer. They wanted to hide in the locker room, and take some cheap shots on their way off the court.

http://deadspin.com/5799784/the-lake...ons-final-game
Cuz you know....obviously you got the mental power to know what their thought process was..so you know that was clearly what was running through their minds.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mark Jackson said they planned and premeditated ways of taking guys out... not to injury them intentionally, but definitely to bang them up and take them out of their mojo.
So Bynum was trying to take out JJ Barea mojo so they could get back into the game? riiiiiggghhhht
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Cuz you know....obviously you got the mental power to know what their thought process was..so you know that was clearly what was running through their minds.
It was ******* obvious from their actions.
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
It was ******* obvious from their actions.
It was an act of frustration. When that happens you're not thinking rationally and usually don't formulate some sort of escape plan. He was mad and flicked his elbow out...it just happened that Barea is puny and went flying.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-10-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Wiz Jerseys! I love em. Very close to old school Bullets jerseys.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post

Just saw em on espn, I like em a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
So Bynum was trying to take out JJ Barea mojo so they could get back into the game? riiiiiggghhhht
I love it when people make themselves look dumb by taking things out of context.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Nice look... but their name still sucks. Even if cut short, it sounds like piss.

Wiz... piss.... same thing. hahaha.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice look... but their name still sucks. Even if cut short, it sounds like piss.

Wiz... piss.... same thing. hahaha.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
hahahahahaha! That's a funny damn picture! :D

Do you know the history of why they chose Wizards? Does seem to have any relation to the city.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn gotta get a Wall jersey those are sick, love everything Leonsis is doing with the Wizards. Love seeing Crawford there. That duo is going to be exciting in the future. With a few more draft picks 2 first rounders this year, the Wizards are starting to build up a team similar to the way the Hawks did. We have so much cap room this year and even more when Rashard's contract is up if we can bring home a big name to pair with Wall, Mcgee and all the other young assets we have a bright future. BTW love switching to Red. Capitals and Nats are red, Skins are burgandy, just didn't make sense for the Wizards to be blue.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 05-10-2011 at 03:46 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
hahahahahaha! That's a funny damn picture! :D

Do you know the history of why they chose Wizards? Does seem to have any relation to the city.
Quote:
In 1995, owner Abe Pollin announced he was changing the team's name because Bullets had acquired violent overtones that had made him increasingly uncomfortable over the years, particularly given the high homicide and crime rate in the early 1990s in Washington, D.C. The final straw was the assassination of his longtime friend, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.[1] A contest was held to choose a new name and the choices were narrowed to the Dragons, Express, Stallions, Sea Dogs, or Wizards. On May 15, 1997, the Bullets officially became the Washington Wizards. The change generated some controversy because Washington is a predominantly African-American city and Wizard is a rank in the Ku Klux Klan.
That's from wikipedia. Seems it has really no historical meaning or connection...just the winner of a contest.

IMO there rly was no win in there...express? sea dogs? stallions?...Express might be the best of the bunch.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol wtf is this highschool? you don't let a contest name your hundred million dollar franchise

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Damn gotta get a Wall jersey those are sick, love everything Leonsis is doing with the Wizards. Love seeing Crawford there. That duo is going to be exciting in the future. With a few more draft picks 2 first rounders this year, the Wizards are starting to build up a team similar to the way the Hawks did. We have so much cap room this year and even more when Rashard's contract is up if we can bring home a big name to pair with Wall, Mcgee and all the other young assets we have a bright future. BTW love switching to Red. Capitals and Nats are red, Skins are burgandy, just didn't make sense for the Wizards to be blue.
Next thing Leonsis needs to do is change the name.

I'm with fenikz...lol@letting a contest decide it. Names that have a relation to the city are the best, imo.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
That's from wikipedia. Seems it has really no historical meaning or connection...just the winner of a contest.

IMO there rly was no win in there...express? sea dogs? stallions?...Express might be the best of the bunch.
I was like WTF is a sea dog.... So I googled it and found...

Sea Dogs is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Wizards! hahaahahaha
Old 05-10-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope this is the start of the Lakers demise. Their fans are so annoying and I hope they aren't able to land Howard.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Next thing Leonsis needs to do is change the name.

I'm with fenikz...lol@letting a contest decide it. Names that have a relation to the city are the best, imo.
Which is why the Bullets made so much sense, all jokes aside I love the Capitals and Nationals team names. Renaming the Wizards definitely would be nice, not sure why we ended up with the Wizards and Mystics and that whole theme. Leonsis has actually been pushing for a change back to Bullets as he is all about sports history in D.C., but that's unlikely to be passed. To borrow from the Replacements that would be hella dope if the Wizards were renamed to the Washington Sentinels. On a side note Leonsis is a great guy. I was at Fudruckers once and my total was like $8.09 or something and I didn't have change so the cashier was going to have to count 91 cents in change, he was behind me and gave the cashier 9 cents. A nice surprise. BTW the guy ordered a one pound burger, pretty badass.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those jerseys are ugly as hell.

Their jerseys were fine, other than those hideous gold ones.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Those jerseys are ugly as hell.

Their jerseys were fine, other than those hideous gold ones.
For those of us who are nostalgic they are great. Looks pretty sexy to me:

Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont you dare put Dwight in that jersey. lol.

Horizontal stripes always look like ass. It's a throwback, that's for sure.

The white shorts are pretty cool, but I'm not digging the jerseys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

still wear my Rod Strickland jersey to the gym, glad to see the color scheme coming back.