Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Great article by JA and spot on. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
lulz Mark Jackson named Warriors head coach. Not that a coach would make a difference though, chuck it and don't play D, not hard to coach.
This is great news! Gets Jackson out of the booth. He is turrible.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'm not saying LeBron isn't super good... it's just on the biggest stage he's clearly the second best player on the court. Maybe 3rd. (though, I don't really think Dirk deserves as much credit as he is getting because he's a pretty weak defender)
Was LeBron clearly the second best player when he wrecked Chicago and Wade was MIA? C'mon, he is not "clearly the second best player on the court."
Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JA Adande is mislead on that article. He's comparing Lebron and Dirk like they are the exact same player with the same skills and playing style.

Dirk is allowed to miss because shooting is his game. He's not gonna beat you off the dribble EVERY possession or even more than not. He might get a quick step on you every now and then but Dirk is a shooter

Lebron is probably the most athletic person on the court at all times given his strength and size. When he misses his jumpers, people point out that he's at his best when driving the lane because he is. I understand that he's trying to create for teammates but this guy has rare tools that allow him to score at will on anyone.

JA Adande's cute little article would get torn to shreds by anyone with a voice and an eye for logical fallacies.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Adande's article is pretty easily argued against.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:09 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Yeah Adande's article is pretty easily argued against.
Well go on...
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN reported that the 76ers and Warriors are discussing a potential Iggy for Ellis swap. While I think we will end up learning the rumor has never even been discussed, if true that would be incredibly stupid for Philly. Value wise they are on par, Iggy is every bit as good defensively as Ellis is offensively. But again Jrue Holiday is the sixers 2nd or 3rd best player, so basically by making this trade you become the Warriors of the East. Having Holiday and Ellis in the backcourt is dumb especially when you have a 6th man in Lou Williams who can score a at a high clip. IMO making this trade would set back the 76ers a good deal. The whole point of trading Iggy is to free up time for Turner and Young, this does neither. Right now the sixers are set for the future with Holiday, Turner, and Young as starters with Williams as 6th man. If they trade Iggy it had better be for a big man. Right now they have Spencer Hawes and Elton Brand with abolutely nothing behind that, it's not like Hawes and Brand are even great to begin with. If I'm trading Iggy I'm looking at guys like Favors or Jefferson. Maybe Josh Smith or Marcin Gortat.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

STRIP, what would you think of Iggy to the Clippers for Kaman, Willie Warren and #37? The Clip have been rumored to want a veteran on the wing and Iggy would be a great fit for them I think. Then they go ahead and re-sign DeAndre and have a lineup of Jordan-Griffin-Iggy-Gordon-Mo while the Sixers gain some legit size in Kaman and can move Hawes back into more of a secondary role, where he'll have less pressure to perform. Threw in Warren to make the salaries closer and the #37 pick because of Kaman's injury past so I think sending a pick along with Kaman would only help the deal get done.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iggy to the Clippers would get me on the bandwagon fully.
I have one leg on it as of now

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Well go on...
Look up one post, this was me agreeing with that. I could restate everything he just said if you want.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Iggy to the Clippers would get me on the bandwagon fully.
I have one leg on it as of now
I've reserved a finger or two on the bandwagon. Iggy on the clips would mean dunkfest for the clippers lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I've reserved a finger or two on the bandwagon. Iggy on the clips would mean dunkfest for the clippers lol
I would absolutely jump on that bandwagon too. They are super fun to watch as is, add in Iggy and it would be ridiculous.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Lebron is too damn big and athletic to be shootin the ball. Best case scenario, he finishes at the hoop. Worst case, he gets fouled. I hate the fact that he settles for jumpers more than I hate his fans.
Exactly this.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Was LeBron clearly the second best player when he wrecked Chicago and Wade was MIA? C'mon, he is not "clearly the second best player on the court."
Read the quote properly..on the biggest stage...which...correct me if I'm wrong..would be the NBA Finals. LBJ is without a doubt..the 2nd best player right now. Or can you prove otherwise?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watching this game has to realize LeBron isn't scoring because it's in the best interest of his team.

On many possessions it's as if the Mavericks are more worried about making sure James doesn't score rather than making sure the HEAT don't score. It's incredible really.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. He's been completely invisible. Not even just talking about scoring, Wade is getting his share of defensive attention too and he's producing.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Meh. He's been completely invisible. Not even just talking about scoring, Wade is getting his share of defensive attention too and he's producing.
Shutting down Jason Terry Dallas second best scorer and leading them in assist. Yes, he has been invisible.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Shutting down Jason Terry Dallas second best scorer and leading them in assist. Yes, he has been invisible.
So all you ask for in the greatest player on earth is to shut down a 6-3" streak shooter? We can argue if Bron is the best in the league which he is, but lets be honest this game and the finals in general he has been poo. Missing layups, not being aggressive, I'm tired of the excuses that him not shooting is the best for the team. So essentially what you are saying is him not doing anything and letting Wade and Bosh do the work is the best for the team.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow a 26 year old 6-8 250 pound athletic freak is shutting down a 33 year old 6'2 180 pound spot up jump shooter. That is amazing how is he possible doing that?
Old 06-07-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol I thought I was a LeBron nuthugger. Sorry if I want more than just good defense on Jason Terry from the most talented player on the planet.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So all you ask for in the greatest player on earth is to shut down a 6-3" streak shooter? We can argue if Bron is the best in the league which he is, but lets be honest this game and the finals in general he has been poo. Missing layups, not being aggressive, I'm tired of the excuses that him not shooting is the best for the team. So essentially what you are saying is him not doing anything and letting Wade and Bosh do the work is the best for the team.
He putting Wade and Bosh in position score points. Just because he is dropping 40 in the finals does not mean he is playing horrible.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Miami would be up 15 if LeBron attacked the rim. He's so inept on offense right now Kidd let him take a wide open 3 pointer.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Wow a 26 year old 6-8 250 pound athletic freak is shutting down a 33 year old 6'2 180 pound spot up jump shooter. That is amazing how is he possible doing that?
Yeah cause everyone that is over 6-3 has shutdown Terry.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
He putting Wade and Bosh in position score points. Just because he is dropping 40 in the finals does not mean he is playing horrible.
Yeah you're right he's not putting up 40 he has put up 4 points on 1 of 7 shooting. 5 assits and 2 turnovers. But I forgot about the great hockey assists! LeBron is deferring to Wade like he has done the whole finals, you are giving him way too much credit. It's like arguing that Randy Moss in New England was the best wideout in the game because he drew double teams. If you are the greatest in the world they could triple team you and you should force the defense to react. LeBron is accepting Dallas stopping him when in actuality there are spaces to attack since they are doubling up on Wade as well.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like he is the only over 6-3 that has guarded Jason Terry and shut him down.
You do realize your destroying your own point right?

If Jason Terry gets shut down by guys who are not as big and as gifted as Lebron how does it make it special when Lebron does it? Since he obviously should be able to do that given all his advantages over Terry.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah you're right he's not putting up 40 he has put up 4 points on 1 of 7 shooting. 5 assits and 2 turnovers. But I forgot about the great hockey assists! LeBron is deferring to Wade like he has done the whole finals, you are giving him way too much credit. It's like arguing that Randy Moss in New England was the best wideout in the game because he drew double teams. If you are the greatest in the world they could triple team you and you should force the defense to react. LeBron is accepting Dallas stopping him when in actuality there are spaces to attack since they are doubling up on Wade as well.
Is the gameover? he sitting the bench for the rest of the game?