Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This comes as no surprise but DeShawn Stevenson was arrested for public intoxication.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I saw that Deshawn Stevenson was arrested I figured it would be something far more serious than public intoxication.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatest nbadraft.net prospect comparison ever....

Deshawn Stevenson = Michael Jordan.

haha.

I loved Stevenson on the Magic, though. I cant tell you how happy I was when we acquired him. And jesus, did I want Stevenson or Darius Miles in that draft, so bad. Draft.net always did a great job of hyping up those High School guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you were right to be high on Darius Miles though. He was crazy talented, he was just a moron and battled through a ton of injuries.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
When I saw that Deshawn Stevenson was arrested I figured it would be something far more serious than public intoxication.
I thought so too when I clicked on the link that said he was arrested.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
No, i don't think it's a problem at all, he's garbage. What i'm wondering is how Rubio is gonna feel about having the team draft a player first overall at the position he plays.
Thats weird because the Wolves have the 2nd pick and will prolly take Derrick Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little curious; how exactly is Derrick Williams a clearly better player to Kyle Irving at #1? Is it merely because Cleveland has no apparent starter at the 3 and could re-sign Baron Davis?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not. The consensus is still that they'll go with Irving at one, anyway. Plus they already have a PF in Hickson. Irving is the better pick, imo for sure. The upside is too good to pass up, especially considering he's a PG.

They like Williams too, but I'd be surprised if they dont go with the franchise PG and one of the skilled bigs at 4, to team up with Hickson.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't get it either. In the NFL, if u suck and need ur franchise to turn around and u need a QB and there is one capable of being the #1 pick, u take a freeking QB. In the NBA and u suck and need a turn around and have an aging average at best PG and there is a PG avaible that is clearly one of the best players, u take the PG. In other words, the point guard is the QB of the NBA. Take Irving, it was why the Bulls took Rose. So with all due to respect to Williams, u can get many wing players. Its hard to find a franchise PG. So Irving is a must IMO.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He's not. The consensus is still that they'll go with Irving at one, anyway. Plus they already have a PF in Hickson. Irving is the better pick, imo for sure. The upside is too good to pass up, especially considering he's a PG.

They like Williams too, but I'd be surprised if they dont go with the franchise PG and one of the skilled bigs at 4, to team up with Hickson.
Are they still in play to make a trade to get both of them or no?

And it was also funny to hear Stevenson get arrested, what a shocker. Loved his attitude though because he kept it in check out of respect for the team, but you can tell on a team without any veterans or authority he would fly off the handle at the first opportunity.

Love his defense, 3 point shooting ability, and aggressiveness, but he's probably gonna get paid too much but that's nothing new. I figured he had at least 1 arrest with his time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I havent heard anything about the potential for that trade in a while. It sounded like a cool idea, when it surfaced at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-16-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I think you were right to be high on Darius Miles though. He was crazy talented, he was just a moron and battled through a ton of injuries.
Really, he was just a fantastic athlete. He could be inconsistent, but he really did have a couple of great games in his career, when healthy. I'll always remember when he just dropped 47 points for the Blazers out of the blue one day.

Damon Stoudamire actually did the same thing for them that year. It was baffling. But he had like 54.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-16-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
I'm a little curious; how exactly is Derrick Williams a clearly better player to Kyle Irving at #1? Is it merely because Cleveland has no apparent starter at the 3 and could re-sign Baron Davis?
I think Brandon Knight is going to have a better career than Kyrie Irving.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Yeah I don't get it either. In the NFL, if u suck and need ur franchise to turn around and u need a QB and there is one capable of being the #1 pick, u take a freeking QB. In the NBA and u suck and need a turn around and have an aging average at best PG and there is a PG avaible that is clearly one of the best players, u take the PG. In other words, the point guard is the QB of the NBA. Take Irving, it was why the Bulls took Rose. So with all due to respect to Williams, u can get many wing players. Its hard to find a franchise PG. So Irving is a must IMO.
Irving is not at the level Rose was coming out though.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's absolutely hilarious that you think that a PG is on the same importance level to an NBA offense that a Qb is to an NFL offense. This coming from a Heat "fan" that watched his team go to the NBA finals with Mike Bibby and Mario Chalmers playing PG for them.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post

Very unlikely considering Knight is just a shooter. I'd even rather have Jimmer than him.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Never say never . . . but no. just no.

Irving made duke so much better and had he progressed throughout the year, Duke would have repeated as champions.

He's easily the best PG in this class. His scoring needs to improve, sure, but he's the better player.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

School excuse check

setting up for a sick day yesterday for today with an oscar award winning act check

Maverick Parade today!

Maverick nation!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Stuck at work!!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
******* Stuck at work!!
I doubt you would have made it man lol. I heard people have been going downtown since 4am. Damn near everything is shut down, traffic is ridiculous. I tried to go, and called myself going early leaving the house at 7, which is still a 3 hour jump. It took me about 45 minutes to travel what's normally a 5 minute span so I just came back home.

Have to be at work at 12, highly doubt I would have even made it outta there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would argue that it's a true center that's the QB of the NBA. It's the reason Greg Oden was picked ahead of Durant, Sam Bowie ahead of Jordan, guys like Olawakandi and Kwame go 1st overall.
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
It's absolutely hilarious that you think that a PG is on the same importance level to an NBA offense that a Qb is to an NFL offense. This coming from a Heat "fan" that watched his team go to the NBA finals with Mike Bibby and Mario Chalmers playing PG for them.
Whats with the quotation marks around fan dude. I don't want to get into that bull **** again. But I'll just say yeah, and did we win? No. We did not. They had Barea and Kidd and that made one of the many differences.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I would argue that it's a true center that's the QB of the NBA. It's the reason Greg Oden was picked ahead of Durant, Sam Bowie ahead of Jordan, guys like Olawakandi and Kwame go 1st overall.
Well u could. I would prolly say one is the QB and the other is the LT. And hey, thats the two positions the Heat lack. Any other of u ******* geniuses wanna make that point and call me a band wagon fan? God, can any1 discuss basketball without being a moron.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well u could. I would prolly say one is the QB and the other is the LT. And hey, thats the two positions the Heat lack. Any other of u ******* geniuses wanna make that point and call me a band wagon fan? God, can any1 discuss basketball without being a moron.
I can't wait for the day when Pujols is holding up his Cubs jersey.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I can't wait for the day when Pujols is holding up his Cubs jersey.
Thats the day the world ends.