Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
Small market owners have no one to blame but themselves. This is exactly why they should've held the line longer than they did and refused to sign an agreement that didn't make tangible competitive and economic concessions. From what I've heard so far, the system hasn't changed much and, if anything, only encourages more player movement. Sure, the severity of the penalty for going over the cap has been raised. But guess what? Big market owners have deep pockets. And a keen understanding that championships and consistent contendership increases the market value of their respective franchises. Nothing in the new CBA will deter big-time franchises from spending to build a team comprised of superstars. It's just the way the NBA is gravitating toward these days. Most of its premier talent is concentrated in dense media pockets across the country, leaving its lesser markets to rely heavily on youth movements or catching lightning in a bottle and simply riding it as far as it takes you, a la the Thunder or Grizzlies. As a small market franchise in a league with a soft cap, you're looking at an uphill battle to retain your homegrown superstars, unless they're reasonably unique individuals. And the NBA is a superstar-driven league. So the rich got richer.

Along those lines, New Orleans and Orlando would be foolish to hold onto Chris Paul or Dwight Howard. It's certainly unfortunate, but it's the harsh reality given the current environment. Chris Paul is a fierce competitor that wants to win. New Orleans doesn't have a special collection of talent. But he has two buddies that play for a storied team on the upswing in a giant media market with room for a third. Dwight Howard feels he has carried Orlando as far as he can and wants to pursue an acting career. And, look at that, there's two Los Angeles teams will do whatever they can to woo him there.
The Clippers are legit threat to Orlando if Howard wants to play there. Lakers... Nope.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc Gasol is a fatty. The Grizzlies front court probably has the highest body fat % in the league.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I know the difference between Marc Gasol and Brook Lopez. Go back and read what D said about not wanting Pau cause he's soft, but he would prefer Lopez.
Was my clarity THAT bad? Wow. OK. Hmm....

Let's see how can I make this clear to you...

Lopez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasol.

Does that work?

I said Pau was a dead beat nearing the end of his productive career. I never said anything about him being soft.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Anyone wanna play in a serious fantasy basketball league?
i'll do it

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see what type of moves the Kings make. Keeping Thornton at SG is the first thing to do, but it will be interesting to see if we go after a F/A at Center, or tryto resign Dalembert. Also wouldn't mind to see a veteran SF be added.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make it a money league then I'm in. D can be the facilitator.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
i'll do it
BAM!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2771241
Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was fooling around on a trade checker and came across a 3-way deal that works money wise. What do you all think:

Knicks Receive: PG Chris Paul

Hornets Receive: G Monta Ellis, G Toney Douglas, PG Chauncey Billups, SG Landry Fields and C Jeremy Tyler

Warriors Receive: SF Trevor Ariza and G Jarret Jack

-Knicks get their guy

-Hornets get themselves a legit stud in Ellis while also rebuilding their back court in one full swoop for the upcoming season and possibly longer. They also have the luxury of having Chauncey's expiring contract to use at the deadline or to just let expire that the end of the year and they also get talented, young, cheap ball players in Fields, Douglas and a possible stud in Tyler.

-Warriors finally rid themselves of the Curry/Ellis back court that they've been wanting to get away from and get themselves a true 3 in Ariza, who is a slasher and improved 3 point shooter on offense and a fantastic defender, which is exactly what Mark Jackson is looking for. Also allows them to slide Wright to the 2 and get Klay Thompson more minutes off the bench. Jack gives them versatility as a legit backup point guard and can also play alongside Steph at the 2 sometimes if going up against a small back court.

Complicated? Yes. But I think it could be a start. Probably would have to have some picks thrown in but I wanted to get your guys opinion.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Make it a money league then I'm in. D can be the facilitator.
I would love nothing more than to make it a money league. Scott can be the holder of monies.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was my clarity THAT bad? Wow. OK. Hmm....

Let's see how can I make this clear to you...

Lopez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasol.

Does that work?

I said Pau was a dead beat nearing the end of his productive career. I never said anything about him being soft.
You said

Lopez >>>>>>>> Gasol & Bynum

Which, is a terrible assessment anyway. Gasol is a better scorer, rebounder and passer than Lopez is, by a huge margin. When you factor in Bynum being a beast when he's actually healthy, that is by far a better trade than just getting Brook Lopez, who is charmin soft.

But yeah, have fun with Lopez getting you 5 rebounds a game, and your comeback player of the year Gilbert Arenas shooting 35% from the field.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Was fooling around on a trade checker and came across a 3-way deal that works money wise. What do you all think:

Knicks Receive: PG Chris Paul

Hornets Receive: G Monta Ellis, G Toney Douglas, PG Chauncey Billups, SG Landry Fields and C Jeremy Tyler

Warriors Receive: SF Trevor Ariza and G Jarret Jack

-Knicks get their guy

-Hornets get themselves a legit stud in Ellis while also rebuilding their back court in one full swoop for the upcoming season and possibly longer. They also have the luxury of having Chauncey's expiring contract to use at the deadline or to just let expire that the end of the year and they also get talented, young, cheap ball players in Fields, Douglas and a possible stud in Tyler.

-Warriors finally rid themselves of the Curry/Ellis back court that they've been wanting to get away from and get themselves a true 3 in Ariza, who is a slasher and improved 3 point shooter on offense and a fantastic defender, which is exactly what Mark Jackson is looking for. Also allows them to slide Wright to the 2 and get Klay Thompson more minutes off the bench. Jack gives them versatility as a legit backup point guard and can also play alongside Steph at the 2 sometimes if going up against a small back court.

Complicated? Yes. But I think it could be a start. Probably would have to have some picks thrown in but I wanted to get your guys opinion.
The Warriors get completely boned in this trade.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The clippers trade is bar far the best of the trade scenarios for Orlando. Eric Gordon is a legit fringe star, Deandre Jordan is up and coming and minnesota's first round pick??? That right there is top 3.

I would take that.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that was the one thing I was worried about as well. This is a starting point but I feel like they are really trying to get out of the Ellis/Curry back court. I know they probably wouldn't do it as Ellis holds great value, no matter how much they want to rid of him but after hearing how Mark Jackson wants to become more defensive and how Golden State has been looking for a true 3, I think they may be able to work on something here.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
The clippers trade is bar far the best of the trade scenarios for Orlando. Eric Gordon is a legit fringe star, Deandre Jordan is up and coming and minnesota's first round pick??? That right there is top 3.

I would take that.
Yeah, that trade is the best for Orlando, but i'm not sure i'd do that if i was the Clippers. They might have the opportunity to just sign him free of charge next off-season. If they make this trade, they'd completely gut their team and they'd be terrible. They would then have to scrounge free agency for veterans willing to play for loose change to build a contender.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golden State wants to trade Ellis, but not for that. Jesus.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said I would do it like a page ago but w/e.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You said

Lopez >>>>>>>> Gasol & Bynum

Which, is a terrible assessment anyway. Gasol is a better scorer, rebounder and passer than Lopez is, by a huge margin. When you factor in Bynum being a beast when he's actually healthy, that is by far a better trade than just getting Brook Lopez, who is charmin soft.

But yeah, have fun with Lopez getting you 5 rebounds a game, and your comeback player of the year Gilbert Arenas shooting 35% from the field.
How about you factor in Lopez being 24 years old and Gasol being 32!

Only a drunk stupid ass GM would accept Howard for old man Pau and broke knees Bynum to give him to the LAKERS of all teams. Yeah I mentioned Lopez, but Lopez alone wouldn't be all that's being offered.

Orlando would be better off keeping Howard than trading him to the Lakers. The cap room the get from Howard leaving will allow them to immediately become an attractive destination to lure a max FA... and if they Amnesty Arenas then their cap space becomes BEAUTIFUL. Their total cap could be anywhere from $17M to $25M depending on whether certain players choose to pick up their player option or not.

The whole idea that the Magic would lose Howard for nothing is ignorant fan talk. His contract off the books is value in itself.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Only a drunk, stupid ass GM would give Rashard Lewis a max contract, then trade for Gilbert Arenas and Hedo Turkoglu, and you seem to have him, so i'd be careful if i were you. ;)
Old 12-01-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Only a drunk, stupid ass GM would give Rashard Lewis a max contract, then trade for Gilbert Arenas and Hedo Turkoglu, and you seem to have him, so i'd be careful if i were you. ;)
The Magic got to the Finals with Rashard. I love your definition of stupid move. ...and when he became totally and utterly useless (he couldn't even finish last season with the Wiz), then he got traded for a guy who we can Amnesty at the worst.

Getting rid of Vince in exchange for J-Rich was also a win and Hedo became our best passer as soon as he rejoined the team. Dwight loves playing with him and Gortat was a sulky player who never liked riding the bench.

You have no clue what you're talking about but you can continue if you want.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lopez and picks for Howard. let's just make it happen.

i also don't get the hoopla about DWill saying he's not extending now. it means nothing, considering he'd get a much better deal with the new CBA, so I'm not upset about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Lopez and picks for Howard. let's just make it happen.

i also don't get the hoopla about DWill saying he's not extending now. it means nothing, considering he'd get a much better deal with the new CBA, so I'm not upset about it
Dwill wants to snipe CP3 and go to the Knicks.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D12 wont resign with the Nets...thats why hes going to the LakeShow :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Magic got to the Finals with Rashard. I love your definition of stupid move. ...and when he became totally and utterly useless (he couldn't even finish last season with the Wiz), then he got traded for a guy who we can Amnesty at the worst.
uh couldn't you have amnestied Shard the same way you could Gil?

Lewis' expiring will be worth more than any play you get from Gilbert Arenas. I'd even go as far as to say Lewis will be a more useful player on the court as well this year...

Wiz are sitting pretty right now, keep Shard to meet the min. cap, he brings us veteran leadership for one more year, and has no interest in sabotaging the team the way a diva like Gil would if he didn't get his way. Allows us to move him as an expiring for a piece, or amnesty him after the season and have room for a max deal + more, whereas the Magic have a bunch of ****** contracts and one good player who doesn't want to be there. You lost that trade bro.

Quote:
You have no clue what you're talking about but you can continue if you want.

Last edited by ccB : 12-01-2011 at 06:55 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight would totally re sign with the nets if dwill and ammo were there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Dwight would totally re sign with the nets if dwill and ammo were there
Im just trying to make myself feel better man! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote