Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Clippers are rumored in there as well...and have very good trade chips.
I really don't think Dwight wants to be paired with Blake Griffin as his side kick. I think he wants to be paired with a PG, SG or SF. Plus, I think LAC wants Paul or Deron.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
uhm...well yeah. Or, just not say "I'm 90% staying". In the past he's been quiet, players say no comment or don't address it. I mean, he's been pretty much on board staying from all his comments really since we traded for him. I mean, this is really no surprise, but people are going to doubt away since it's the nets.

And we've been looking at Afflalo, but I'm not sure that happens. Nene is a distinct possibility however.

and moth, forgot about the Clips, they could end up being the Magics best deal really
I think your personally building yourself up for disappointment if you believe he is going to stay without getting Dwight or somebody else to go with him.

He would not be the first player to say one thing and end up doing another.

If he was so positive about staying why would he be opting out. Why would not sign a contract extension. I think that would be a better sign to FA that he is actually committed to the Nets.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I think your personally building yourself up for disappointment if you believe he is going to stay without getting Dwight or somebody else to go with him.

He would not be the first player to say one thing and end up doing another.

If he was so positive about staying why would he be opting out. Why would not sign a contract extension. I think that would be a better sign to FA that he is actually committed to the Nets.
well, funny thing is I already addressed that in an earlier post... as did D-Will...as did his agent. It makes no sense for him to sign the extension now with the new CBA. He'd be getting much more money by opting out and then re-signing in free agency. so there's that.

and with that in mind, him coming out and saying he's 90% sure he'll re-up in a year is some pretty big talk to say publicly and to announce out there to other guys and potential FA's

and yes, I know they're just words, but it's been the feeling around him for a while that he would end up staying. And the goal is to get other guys around him, I mean I think it's foolish to say it's not and that's not what the Nets are trying to do. It's not Dwight-or-bust for the nets nor D-Will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it looks like New Orleans IS interested in Jason Richardson in FA, so there's no need to act dumb and suggest why the hell they would want him in a potential trade with the Magic, if those discussions came up.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/...s_into_nb.html

"I've got an appointment to talk to (Orlando coach) Stan Van Gundy," Richardson said. "They're involved. I've heard Chicago (Bulls), Denver (Nuggets), New Orleans (Hornets), Minnesota (Timberwolves) and Boston (Celtics)."
Old 12-05-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well, funny thing is I already addressed that in an earlier post... as did D-Will...as did his agent. It makes no sense for him to sign the extension now with the new CBA. He'd be getting much more money by opting out and then re-signing in free agency. so there's that.

and with that in mind, him coming out and saying he's 90% sure he'll re-up in a year is some pretty big talk to say publicly and to announce out there to other guys and potential FA's

and yes, I know they're just words, but it's been the feeling around him for a while that he would end up staying. And the goal is to get other guys around him, I mean I think it's foolish to say it's not and that's not what the Nets are trying to do. It's not Dwight-or-bust for the nets nor D-Will.
Ya like Lebron didn't say he would never leave Cleveland until he brought them a championship how did that one work out? Didn't really help me bring in the fa's.

The only really benefit financially is that he gets a extra year. The money will be around the same as if he signed took the extra two years today.

I didn't say Dwight or bust.

You can get Nene and maybe even Chandler type signings and try move Brook for a good wing guy. I think Dwight is the main target though. So I would be shocked to see the Nets sign either one this FA period.

The reason for opting out is to keep his options open in case Billy King **** the bed. It is not all financial.

Last edited by LTgiants : 12-05-2011 at 06:07 PM.
LTgiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight doesnt wanna go to the Clippers, CP3 doesnt wanna go to the clippers...No one wants to go to the little brother of the city. They are building something great there if they can keep those guys around, but people go to L.A to play for the Lakers. Im not trying to sound like a homer right now, its just how it is. CP3 is going to end up in NY anyway.

Just listening to the guys talk on ESPN, talking about how they think the Lakers would make the finals regardless of whether or not we were to land Dwight. Idk, thats pretty tough for me to say after seeing how we went out last year. We gotta start Odom at the 3...World Peace needs to get the amnesity more so than Walton. We need to change things up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK maybe I missed misread it
Old 12-05-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
IDK maybe I missed misread it

1 minute in is your source....or quote or whatever you wanna call it.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found it before you posted it. His wording confused me.

Anyways I found this and thought it was funny might of been posted before.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

I posted that after the finals.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, once LA and New York fills up with Superstars.. the next big destination for players will be Detroit, right?

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
So, once LA and New York fills up with Superstars.. the next big destination for players will be Detroit, right?
Chicago's next, sorry.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, we discussed the trade restriction, we just got to a dead end when we couldn't figure out when the trade deadline was. Would that trade restriction end before or after?
You missed the point again, Orlando can sign and trade Richardson, a different mechanism than signing him then waiting 3 months and trading him. So the 3 month wait can be entirely irrelevant should the Magic desire.

This is such a huge offseason though for the Magic, really we are ****** but we have to do absolutely everything possible or we are totally gone next season, like hoping to win the lottery again gone.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
We already have two superstars in Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
We already have two superstars in Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe.
and super star contracts with Gordon and Charlie V and Rip!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and super star contracts with Gordon and Charlie V and Rip!
We were doing so well lately Scotty, so well. You just had to go and ruin it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-05-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
We were doing so well lately Scotty, so well. You just had to go and ruin it.
uhm...I love you.

and for what it's worth, I REALLLLLLY like Greg Monroe
Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I really don't think Dwight wants to be paired with Blake Griffin as his side kick. I think he wants to be paired with a PG, SG or SF. Plus, I think LAC wants Paul or Deron.
I can definitely see the Clippers trying to trade for Paul. Keep Gordon and Griffin, make everyone else available. Paul, Gordon, and Griffin would be a nasty trio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well it looks like New Orleans IS interested in Jason Richardson in FA, so there's no need to act dumb and suggest why the hell they would want him in a potential trade with the Magic, if those discussions came up.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/...s_into_nb.html

"I've got an appointment to talk to (Orlando coach) Stan Van Gundy," Richardson said. "They're involved. I've heard Chicago (Bulls), Denver (Nuggets), New Orleans (Hornets), Minnesota (Timberwolves) and Boston (Celtics)."
JRich could really help out the Bulls. If he wants to win a championship I think he'd go there.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
uhm...I love you.

You're lucky I love you too.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a trade that works (includes Clippers 1st rounder)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=83w43eg

Clippers get a floor leader in CP3 to run the point and keep Eric Gordon. Imagine the highlight reels with Paul tossing alley-oops to Griffin. Also, keeps CP3 and his good friend Jarrett Jack playing together.

The Hornets get a big expiring in Kaman's contract, get two good young players in Bledsoe and Al-Farouq, with Gomes, solid role player, and Mo Williams who can mentor Bledsoe while he comes into his own.

Win/win.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With a lot of teams being vastly under the salary floor, i wouldn't be surprised if someone made a move for Paul while volunteering to free NOR of Okafor's contract. Getting a serviceable, reliable 5 starter while helping the Hornets get rid of that awful contract that does nothing for them.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

I wish there would be a way for the Knicks to get Okafor in a Paul deal.

C Okafor
PF Stat
SF Melo
SG ?
PG CP3

That would be a crazy lineup. I am pretty sure its impossible but let me enjoy the dream for a minute.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
uhm...I love you.

Would you kiss him???

Because I would kiss him

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Dwight doesnt wanna go to the Clippers, CP3 doesnt wanna go to the clippers...No one wants to go to the little brother of the city. They are building something great there if they can keep those guys around, but people go to L.A to play for the Lakers. Im not trying to sound like a homer right now, its just how it is. CP3 is going to end up in NY anyway.

Just listening to the guys talk on ESPN, talking about how they think the Lakers would make the finals regardless of whether or not we were to land Dwight. Idk, thats pretty tough for me to say after seeing how we went out last year. We gotta start Odom at the 3...World Peace needs to get the amnesity more so than Walton. We need to change things up a bit.
QFT.

That's really how it is, once read that, the Lakers could lose all their games, Clippers could win all of theirs and the Lakers would still get the front page.

LAL > LAC

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This changes the Chris Paul game...

The Rockets, Celtics and Mavericks have told the Hornets that they are prepared to trade for Chris Paul without an assurance that he would sign a long-term deal.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1fiQD6s7s