Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My computer got a virus i can't remove and i'm just now being able to chime in on the whole deal. I think it's ******* disgusting what Stern did. He absolutely ruined for me, the excitement that i had built up about the FA period and the upcoming season. I hope Paul, the Lakers, the players union, the rockets, the hornets, everyone involved.. i hope they all sue the **** out of Stern and the NBA. Stern needs to die in a way that would make even William Wallace cringe.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
MAGIC AMNESTY ARENAS. Wow wowowowow.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news_arenas_120911.html

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MAGIC AMNESTY ARENAS. Wow wowowowow.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news_arenas_120911.html
Can we make fun of you now?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Chris Broussard: Marcus Thornton signed with Sac Kings for $40 million over five years, source says

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Jackson
A little more than a week ago the NBA purchased the New Orleans Hornets, buying the team from majority owner George Shinn and minority owner Gary Chouest in hopes of finding a new ownership group.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson, in town to play the Hornets on Wednesday, voiced his displeasure with the transaction.

"Not happy about that," Jackson said, when asked about the purchase.

"Who's going to trade who to whom? Who's going to pull the button on trading player or when Chris [Paul] says he has to be traded? How's that going to go? I don't know. Somebody's going to have to make a very nonjudgmental decision on that part that's not going to irritate anybody else in this league ... I don't know how they're going to do that."
This was December of last year. Phil predicts all things in the world.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-09-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Can we make fun of you now?
Well I wanted it to work out and it didn't.

I wanted to see how he was on the court this season. I think the Magic are showing how desperate they are to please Dwight. If this is another step towards that then you gotta give credit to Devos for cutting that check to Arenas. $60M+
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Chris Mannix of SI: Neither HOU or LA is opposed to tinkering with CP3 deal, but they have not been told who NO can trade.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-09-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Well I wanted it to work out and it didn't.

I wanted to see how he was on the court this season. I think the Magic are showing how desperate they are to please Dwight. If this is another step towards that then you gotta give credit to Devos for cutting that check to Arenas. $60M+
Eh, those checks were gonna be written anyway, might as well get them off the books now and salvage that last .005% chance you have of keeping D12.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

One more thing, in the midst of this entire thing is that we're missing the fact that Charlie Bell showed up to a hearing on his drunk driving case drunk. That is clearly the comedy story of the year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Per Chris Broussard: Marcus Thornton signed with Sac Kings for $40 million over five years, source says
I'm happy we retained him, but $8M a year might be a little too much. We have the cash to spend though and he was a must keep. Excited to see Tyreke, Marcus and Jimmer in the back court this year

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Yes, he built that team with such home-grown, totally not acquired through trades or signed players such as Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, Jason Terry and Caron Butler.
Yes because those guys are super star players, maverick built a super star team guys thats why we won a championship.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Yes because those guys are super star players, maverick built a super star team guys thats why we won a championship.
You said he didn't buy players. He bought all but one. What don't you understand about that?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm happy we retained him, but $8M a year might be a little too much. We have the cash to spend though and he was a must keep. Excited to see Tyreke, Marcus and Jimmer in the back court this year
Not only do we have the cash to spend, but we HAVE to spend it. I'd rather give it to Thornton and secure a 20ppg guy and possible trade asset later, than to overpay Dalembert and give him $10M/per. Just gonna be very curious how they work the rotation with Jimmer and Reke.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You said he didn't buy players. He bought all but one. What don't you understand about that?
What part of super ******* star player do you not get from my post?

Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope LA gets CP3 but loses out on Dwight.

That would deliver the lulz, bc they wind up worse bc of it.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hope LA gets CP3 but loses out on Dwight.

That would deliver the lulz, bc they wind up worse bc of it.
The Knicks ended up getting trolled the most out of this, because instead of saving your money for CP3 or maybe Deron, you blew your wad on ******* Tyson Chandler. I'd hate Stern if i were a Knicks fan.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What part of super ******* star player do you not get from my post?
Your original post said he built the team and didn't buy it, saying nothing about superstar players. Then you realized you were wrong and added the superstar qualifier. Nice try.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well its official.

Quote:
Kings to sign F-C Chuck Hayes to a 4-year, $21.3 million deal mirroring full mid-level exception, his agent Calvin Andrews confirms to Y!
Gonna miss the Chuckwagon in Houston. He will no doubt be the heart and soul of the Kings. The coaches, players, fans and the community is gonna love this guy. Congrats Kings on getting a hell of a player.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Knicks ended up getting trolled the most out of this, because instead of saving your money for CP3 or maybe Deron, you blew your wad on ******* Tyson Chandler. I'd hate Stern if i were a Knicks fan.
:( I know.

It's really our own fault though, well it's James Dolan's fault. Instead of letting Donnie do his thing last year, he took over the Melo negotations and gave away all our assets.

So our only real chance was if CP3 or Deron would just sign with us in FA, which seems like it would never happen.

So plan B was Chandler (+ hopefully Felton).

I'm not thrilled with giving 58 million to a Center who can't score and has questionable health, but we'll see how it pans out.

If we get Felton back, I think we're 1 of the top 3 teams in the East.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your original post said he built the team and didn't buy it, saying nothing about superstar players. Then you realized you were wrong and added the superstar qualifier. Nice try.
what owner doesnt ******* buy a player? did you not see my rant before about super star players whining their way to teams that will buy them for a chance for a playoff? Let me go ahead and copy and paste "superstar" so I can put it in every stupid post that I have to respond to of yours just so you can nit pick and make it seem like I wasn't trying to say something else. Why would I think I'm wrong would I knew exactly what I meant, I had to clarify by adding superstars for incompetent idiots like you. It's not like we weren't talking about players like Howard, CP3, and all those other super star teams that should insinuate that what's I was talking about, but wait we were.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

From Woj: As teams wait to re-engage Hornets on Chris Paul, here's one executive: "Truly feel for those guys, but we're all gonna lowball them now."

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-09-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
what owner doesnt ******* buy a player? did you not see my rant before about super star players whining their way to teams that will buy them for a chance for a playoff? Let me go ahead and copy and paste "superstar" so I can put it in every stupid post that I have to respond to of yours just so you can nit pick and make it seem like I wasn't trying to say something else. Why would I think I'm wrong would I knew exactly what I meant, I had to clarify by adding superstars for incompetent idiots like you. It's not like we weren't talking about players like Howard, CP3, and all those other super star teams that should insinuate that what's I was talking about, but wait we were.
"Building a team" insinuates building through the draft. Not signing every single player on your team through FA and having one of the highest payrolls in the league. That's the opposite. I thought that was obvious, I guess not.

Whatever though, I've made my point and you've made your nonsensical one. The amount of butthurt you show whenever anyone says anything remotely negative about one of your teams gets old really fast and makes this not even worth it.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
"Building a team" insinuates building through the draft. Not signing every single player on your team through FA. That's the opposite. I thought that was obvious, I guess not.

Whatever though, I've made my point and you've made your nonsensical one. The amount of butthurt you show whenever anyone says anything remotely negative about one of your teams gets old really fast and makes this not even worth it.
I guess adding key role players that are free agents doesn't count as building? Wasn't that the whole reason for Superstars leaving because a team couldn't bring anyone in to help them win? You sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. Yes I'm totally butthurt because we built a championship team.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm surprised Chicago never made a play for Dwight. They could have given up some respectable assets for him.

Noah, Deng + some depth for Dwight?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Another one from Chris Mannix: Rockets had a solid, smart plan to make Pau and Nene the front line of at least the next three years. Now, they may get neither.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter