Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Paul a dork?
Yes 356115 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 356115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit, now I'm all excited about this season and maybe signing Rip.

If Rip were to sign, this would be the Celtics roster:

Rondo/Dooling/Moore (Assuming Bradley is the extra piece in the sign and trade)
Allen/Hamilton
Pierce/Green/Daniels
West/Bass/Johnson
Garnett/Wilcox/Stiemsma

I'd assume the Celtics would go after someone to play Center for the vet's minimum in this scenario. That is certainly a team deep enough to win a title if Stiemsma is replaced by an actual center.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Larry Hughes, Gabe Pruitt, and Big Baby. mmm mmm.

I dont even know what to say really. These three arent helping Orlando win a championship or keep Dwight. And if we lose Dwight...I dont even want to watch these guys play, and they'd just be taking minutes away from young guys. Assuming they even make the team out of camp, that is. (Hughes/Pruitt)
The first 2 are a shot in the dark to see what sticks. They're on non-guaranteed contracts. Even Von... only his first year is guaranteed.

As for Big Baby ... hell, if we knew he was on Dwight's list, Otis most certainly did too and that's why we brought him in. So I'm thrilled with it.

Evan Dunlap: When asked for thoughts on Glen Davis trade, Dwight ended his answer with "we're finally on the same team." Twitter
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I just thought of: why would the Hornets want Kevin Martin who basically does the same thing Marcus Thornton did? Monty Williams didn't like Thornton because he couldn't play defense and Martin doesn't play much either.

Also from Chris Mannix of SI about the CP3 trade: Sources say Rockets are likely to put one or two young players into the deal. Unclear which ones, but HOU willing to make moves. The primary work on deal has been between Lakers and Hornets sides, sources say. Rockets still get Gasol, still move same parts. Odom to NO.

It could be either Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Chase Budinger, Courtney Lee, etc...

I'm all for sending CP3 to the Lakers, Odom & Gasol to the Rockets, & Martin, Scola, Dragic (or Lowery), Patterson & Morris to the Hornets

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-10-2011 at 01:17 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's be honest... what could the magic realistically get that would make Dwight want to stay?
Old 12-10-2011, 01:50 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
let's be honest... what could the magic realistically get that would make Dwight want to stay?
Chris Paul would be kind of cool...

/pipedream

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Did you not hear that they just signed Larry Hughes? Pretty sure that's enough man.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:56 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

I'm all for sending CP3 to the Lakers, Odom & Gasol to the Rockets, & Martin, Scola, Dragic (or Lowery), Patterson & Morris to the Hornets
I hate how you keep saying Dragic OR Lowry as if they are interchangble or perhaps even of the same caliber, because Kyle Lowry is so much better than Dragic.

/nitpicking
Old 12-10-2011, 02:58 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great day for the Blazers...We better keep Aldridge for a while and get some more pieces or we're gonna get creamed for the next five years.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldridge needs to come back to Texas.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The first 2 are a shot in the dark to see what sticks. They're on non-guaranteed contracts. Even Von... only his first year is guaranteed.

As for Big Baby ... hell, if we knew he was on Dwight's list, Otis most certainly did too and that's why we brought him in. So I'm thrilled with it.

Evan Dunlap: When asked for thoughts on Glen Davis trade, Dwight ended his answer with "we're finally on the same team." Twitter
I actually didnt even know about Wafer's inclusion...I actually like Von Wafer. haha. Wafer had a pretty solid stretch when he started for the Rockets. I actually wanted him back then, until he fell off the face of the Earth. But yeah, he's a good fit for our team.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
It's not even that...look who we're adding just in general.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

soooo the alleged meeting between the nets and howard is false. close to signing nene. can still get dwight
AND WE'RE CONSIDERING BRINGING RJ BACK
dwill-morrow-rj-nene-dwight
championship
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I hate how you keep saying Dragic OR Lowry as if they are interchangble or perhaps even of the same caliber, because Kyle Lowry is so much better than Dragic.

/nitpicking
I know Lowery is a lot better than Dragic (which is why I prefer the former over the latter) but I'm thinking of what young pieces could be added to make a deal go through. If M. Morris and P. Patterson are added then Dragic is probably enough w/ Martin & Scola and a draft pick.

Btw, Bill Simmons seems to think that the Celtics are going to trade Rondo for Collison & Hibbert

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-10-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight talking trades with Nets, Dallas, and lakers??? Dwight to replace Chandler? I guess this was why we didn't go after most of our players.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

D12 playing next to Dirk would just be plain unfair

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their nick name duo of course would be D^2

Old 12-10-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D12 playing next to Dirk would just be plain unfair
That would absolutely not be fair, and I would love it. I don't want Lebron ever to win a title.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I wonder what we're offering I have no idea what kind of package deal we can offer.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Something I just thought of: why would the Hornets want Kevin Martin who basically does the same thing Marcus Thornton did? Monty Williams didn't like Thornton because he couldn't play defense and Martin doesn't play much either.

Also from Chris Mannix of SI about the CP3 trade: Sources say Rockets are likely to put one or two young players into the deal. Unclear which ones, but HOU willing to make moves. The primary work on deal has been between Lakers and Hornets sides, sources say. Rockets still get Gasol, still move same parts. Odom to NO.

It could be either Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Chase Budinger, Courtney Lee, etc...

Rockets arent going to give up that much just for Gasol. Aint gonna happen. The likely offer will be Scola, Martin, Dragic and a 1st rounder from New York. I doubt Lee or Patterson will be included. My guess would be Hill.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Rockets arent going to give up that much just for Gasol. Aint gonna happen. The likely offer will be Scola, Martin, Dragic and a 1st rounder from New York. I doubt Lee or Patterson will be included. My guess would be Hill.
You missed the part where Houston is getting Gasol and Odom.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Face it man, Dwight days in Orlando are coming to an end. I hope you seriously dont think bringing in Big Baby is going to magically keep Dwight in Orlando. Otis has already ruined his shot on keeping Dwight by not bringing in another star player and creating a mess. They need to go ahead and get what they can for him before this turns into a Lebron and Cleveland episode.

Last edited by Da-Phins : 12-10-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
You missed the part where Houston is getting Gasol and Odom.
Guess I did then. Wouldnt mind that pairing in Houston. Doubt it would ever happen though.

Last edited by Da-Phins : 12-10-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

From ESPN's Marc Stein: Kings known to covet Mavs free agent J.J. Barea

How many effin guards do the Kings need?!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk but for the love of god let the Knicks get one.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Just filed to ESPN w/@Chris_Broussard: New trade framework of original three-team CP3 deal has been submitted to league office for approval
Here we go again!