Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Dam CCB you ruined my whole Turiaf appreciation post I was going to make. Anyway the Wizards got a good backup center. Your welcome on behalf of Tyson Chandler.
I freakin loved Turiaf when he was with the Lakers.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Hey you smarmy douche the Nets are one of the biggest free agent draws out there. Don't underestimate the move to Brooklyn. Way to leave out the part about Bynum being on the knees of a 60 year old.
They are offering Nene 70 million dollars.

And what happens if Dwight doesn't go to Brooklyn, then all of the sudden next summer D-Williams doesn't feel like sticking around one of the lesser talented rosters in the league, and then up and leaves for Dallas.

All of the sudden your best player is an overpaid injury-prone Nene.

Still gonna be the huge free agent destination?

I'm not saying that any of this is guaranteed, (there are a million rumors flying around at a hundred MPH) but what if things turn out that way?

What free agent are you gonna start targeting next?

Maybe my perception of Nets fans was skewed last summer when they all legitimately thought LeBron was coming to town to win rings with Bropez.

Sorry, it all just seems like a pipe dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
It'd be tough because a Bynum for Howard trade is way too one-sided and we don't reall have much else to give up. Dr. Buss usually pulls out tricks out of his sleeve but idk, it'll be tough.
Maybe it could be another three team trade with Jameer going elsewhere or something?

If the Lakers do get Okafor this time, him and Bynum plus some picks wouldn't be too bad, IMO.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not the end of the world if the Nets don't get D12. D-Will has named a few other people he'd like to come in.

Also, D12 to LA might become a bit of a pipe dream as well. Depending what happens with the CP3 trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Maybe it could be another three team trade with Jameer going elsewhere or something?

If the Lakers do get Okafor this time, him and Bynum plus some picks wouldn't be too bad, IMO.
I have thought of this and it would give us another good piece to trade...Okafor and Bynum. Then we'd just have to add in some depth.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orlando wont make a deal without adding a C. But I wouldnt be surprised if that C isnt Lopez...try to flip him for a C+ with the addition of a 3rd team. It's really a ****** situation for us, right now.

Sad thing is...the Magic probably would have been better off with Gortat instead of Lopez. Gortat looks primed to become an All-Star with the minutes. He was a 15 and 11 guy after the All-Star break last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It'd be tough because a Bynum for Howard trade is way too one-sided and we don't reall have much else to give up. Dr. Buss usually pulls out tricks out of his sleeve but idk, it'll be tough.
Stern can't Veto that trade, because the Magic have an actual owner. If the Magic decide they want to unload Dwight, Bynum is one of the better young players they could get in return.

Star player trades are always one sided, they get done because the team doesn't want to walk away with nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its not the end of the world if the Nets don't get D12. D-Will has named a few other people he'd like to come in.

Also, D12 to LA might become a bit of a pipe dream as well. Depending what happens with the CP3 trade.
Is it even possible now that they're taking on Okafor?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
If we could package Okafor and Bynum it might be possible. Orlando could play Bynum at C and Okafor at PF....add in another piece and it could happen.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-10-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Old 12-10-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would the Magic even view Okafor as a valuable piece? I'm not so sure about that....
Old 12-10-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Would the Magic even view Okafor as a valuable piece? I'm not so sure about that....
Good defensive 7 footers are hard to come by, but who know. Hes got a pretty big contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are under rating Dallas as a possible option for Howard.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It'd be interesting to see if it were for a rental or if he'd sign long term.

They dont really have much to trade, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You wanna know how you win a championship?

PG Jameer Nelson
SG J.J. Redick
SF Earl Clark
PF Glen Davis
C Brook Lopez

Really though, is there anything in the new CBA which prohibits the Nets from trading Brooks or Williams? If we become stuck with that low ball Lopez deal, I'd at least want Marshon Brooks included.

And personally...**** it, I'd go with the youngest lineup ever. Flip the Meercat for a young PG and roll with...

PG
SG Brooks
SF Clark
PF Harper
C Lopez

lol. See what rises to the top and get ready to pick in the top 2.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Not at all. They have nothing to offer. Like seriously...not a thing.

Rodrigue...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Good defensive 7 footers are hard to come by, but who know. Hes got a pretty big contract.
To me Okafor is a solid piece for a winner. While solid defensively, his career is on the decline, I'm not sure I see the value for the Magic with the money he's making.

Who knows though, I guess they need someone to suit up, and it would be insurance for if/when Bynum gets hurt. I still think there are better trades to make with the Net's than the Lakers.

Last edited by ccB : 12-10-2011 at 02:51 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
It'd be interesting to see if it were for a rental or if he'd sign long term.

They dont really have much to trade, though.
They just got a large trade exception from the Chandler S&T. Idk what other assets they can add to the team they already have but they got Haywood, Roddy buckets and Rudy Fernandez as a base for a negotiation off the top of my head. They can always add picks or find a third team to help.

Plus doesn't Howard like warm weather lol
Old 12-10-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wake me up when TamperGate is over.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...xzz1gAAs6D DI

If Mikhail Prokhorov broke the rules and met with Dwight Howard, then it’s not just that Howard will never be a Net, even if that idea was something of a stretch to begin with.

If Prokhorov met with Orlando’s superstar big man in Miami the other night and the NBA has a watertight case of tampering against the Nets owner, then he probably just killed any chance of re-signing Deron Williams.

Williams is saying all the right things about staying long-term with the Nets. But if the team is penalized because its owner and GM brazenly flouted the rules by meeting with a player who currently is property of another team, then the Nets are looking at losing several No. 1 draft picks, at the very least.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Scotty's not gonna be happy

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-10-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You wanna know how you win a championship?

PG Jameer Nelson
SG J.J. Redick
SF Earl Clark
PF Glen Davis
C Brook Lopez

Really though, is there anything in the new CBA which prohibits the Nets from trading Brooks or Williams? If we become stuck with that low ball Lopez deal, I'd at least want Marshon Brooks included.

And personally...**** it, I'd go with the youngest lineup ever. Flip the Meercat for a young PG and roll with...

PG
SG Brooks
SF Clark
PF Harper
C Lopez

lol. See what rises to the top and get ready to pick in the top 2.
WTF??? Did I just hear MOTH suggest trading Jameer??? I'm floored.

Flip Harper and Clark. Harper is Lamar Odom-like and Clark is gonna be the next Amare. :D
Old 12-10-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

LOL@Chauncey Billups threatening teams who are considering adding him to their team.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
For teams considering claim on Chauncey Billups, he tells Y!: "A leader can be as disruptive as he can be productive..This is about me now."

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Billups wants freedom to choose team. Warns those who'd claim him: You'll regret it. "I'm tired of being the glue guy." Story soon on Y!

My guess is that he's forcing his way to Miami.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

-___- Don't you have to be GOOD to pick and choose where you want to go?

Sorry Chauncey your time is no longer.

Still a solid player nowhere near were he probably thinks he is.

Edit: Didn't Billups get amnestied..amnestized??? So he really can just pick where he wants to go can't he?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 12-10-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My question is who do the Hornets go after as a center to replace Okafor? Sign Dalembert?

And Okafor is on the decline in his skill set. He can get you 10/10 a night but in crunch time he disappears. He was an absolute non-factor in the playoffs for the Hornets vs LA

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-10-2011 at 03:54 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
WTF??? Did I just hear MOTH suggest trading Jameer??? I'm floored.

Flip Harper and Clark. Harper is Lamar Odom-like and Clark is gonna be the next Amare. :D
Why? Why would we keep him if we trade Dwight? That'd be pointless. If Dwight leaves, it's a complete rebuild, everything goes, aside for Clark and the rookies.

I like Jameer, but we're not going to start a rebuild around him.

I dont have many biases...Jameer is a solid point and Hedo was a solid to very good player for us. But now Hedo looks washed up and Jameer isnt needed without Howard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-10-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
-___- Don't you have to be GOOD to pick and choose where you want to go?

Sorry Chauncey your time is no longer.

Still a solid player nowhere near were he probably thinks he is.

Edit: Didn't Billups get amnestied..amnestized??? So he really can just pick where he wants to go can't he?
No its like a waiver claim. He is trying to get crap teams not to claim so he can go through the process and sign with a contender.