Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2011, 01:27 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Can always tell the fans of teams who dont win very much...
Why must people resort to fans when I just speak truths. Don't be better about a sweep lol. I don't remember the last time Mavs were under .500 hmm you must not be talking about us.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A PG that has a couple more years left and doesnt play defense and a soft center?

Nah...ill pass

Kobe only has a couple years left too so why not?

And Gortat isn't soft whatsoever.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Not like Fisher or Blake play any D, and Gortat isn't soft.
Its not worth trading a guy like Bynum for a PG who almost 40 and doesnt play D. It just doesnt make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its not worth trading a guy like Bynum for a PG who almost 40 and doesnt play D. It just doesnt make sense.
Nash is still a really good PG, and a top 5 one at that. Gortat is really not that much worse than Bynum, and he's not injury prone. You are overrating Bynum so much here it's absolutely ridiculous, I think it would be idiotic to not take that trade.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodie didn't you hear? He has potential that will carry him all the way through his NBA career.

Last edited by bantx : 12-11-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jonathan Givony

NBA source tell me the Lakers did not approach other teams with cap space or trade exceptions before making the deal sending Odom to Dallas.
lol the **** is going on

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nash is still a really good PG, and a top 5 one at that. Gortat is really not that much worse than Bynum, and he's not injury prone. You are overrating Bynum so much here it's absolutely ridiculous, I think it would be idiotic to not take that trade.
Ok, maybe I am overrating Bynum but the fact of the matter so does every other team in this league. Why has it always been a forgone conclusion that we coulda got Bosh for Bynum? Or that Bynum would be the key to a Howard trade...and not Pau. Teams know what his "potential" is. The guy gets hurt every ******* year, trust me...I KNOW! but teams havent seemed to get too worried about that.

IF...and there are a lot of IFs with Bynum....If you get Bynum's full potential he would be the only center in this league who would be able to get anywhere near CLOSE to Howard's potential. IF he doesnt? then you release him and you get some money to spend.

Bantx is gonna just sit there and be a smart ass...and pull **** out of his ass all night, because for the first time in the history of him being a Mavs fan...they arent the Lakers little brother anymore.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, maybe I am overrating Bynum but the fact of the matter so does every other team in this league. Why has it always been a forgone conclusion that we coulda got Bosh for Bynum? Or that Bynum would be the key to a Howard trade...and not Pau. Teams know what his "potential" is. The guy gets hurt every ******* year, trust me...I KNOW! but teams havent seemed to get too worried about that.

IF...and there are a lot of IFs with Bynum....If you get Bynum's full potential he would be the only center in this league who would be able to get anywhere near CLOSE to Howard's potential. IF he doesnt? then you release him and you get some money to spend.

Bantx is gonna just sit there and be a smart ass...and pull **** out of his ass all night, because for the first time in the history of him being a Mavs fan...they arent the Lakers little brother anymore.
Nash is a legitimate leader, top 5 PG, and an absolutely lethal shooter who would give Kobe a dynamic he's never had even if it's for a year. Gortat averaged 15/11 when he got regular playing time for the first time in his career after the all star break, and he actually managed to play 30 MPG (something Bynum can't do). You cannot, under any circumstance, say you would deny THIS trade.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-11-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Nash is a legitimate leader, top 5 PG, and an absolutely lethal shooter who would give Kobe a dynamic he's never had even if it's for a year. Gortat averaged 15/11 when he got regular playing time for the first time in his career after the all star break, and he actually managed to play 30 MPG (something Bynum can't do). You cannot, under any circumstance, say you would deny THIS trade.
I just said that I wouldnt take it...I dont want a PG who might have 2 or 3 years left and a center who I dont care for lol.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 01:52 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:

What am I pulling out of my ass? Potential seems to be your favorite word tonight. But everything I've stated is true so nothing is pulled out of my ass. Bynum has worse knees than my grandma and he's injury prone tell me if that's pulled out of my ass. Me being a smart ass when you said and I will quote you

Quote:
Except for the fact that so many people in the sports world are so drawn to that little word called "potential" and Bynum has a **** ton of it.

Its cool, though man. I know the idea of Howard in a Lakers uniform right after you give up chandler has to be scary.
I only teased you back, but you took that straight up your ass and into your sensitive ass heart and got all butt hurt about it. Learn to take a ******* joke about things in life maybe you'll live a little longer without all that anger.

Last edited by bantx : 12-11-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
What am I pulling out of my ass? Potential seems to be your favorite word tonight. But everything I've stated is true so nothing is pulled out of my ass. Bynum has worse knees than my grandma and he's injury prone tell me if that's pulled out of my ass. Me being a smart ass when you said and I will quote you
Potential is just about everyone in the world of sport's favorite word. How many people get drafted in this world just because of that ******* word? Are you serious right now?

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Nash and Gortat. I like them both, could be Nash's chance to win a ring as well which would be great.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Potential is just about everyone in the world of sport's favorite word. How many people get drafted in this world just because of that ******* word? Are you serious right now?
Anyone who follows the nba is asking this question about you sir plain and simple...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Did you not just read what you posted? DRAFTED you said DRAFTED of course people will draft someone off of potential, but Bynum will be entering his what 6th or 7th year now with injury prone labeled on his forehead why must you be so ignorant to the fact that his potential is become less potential every year.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Did you not just read what you posted? DRAFTED you said DRAFTED of course people will draft someone off of potential, but Bynum will be entering his what 6th or 7th year now with injury prone labeled on his forehead why must you be so ignorant to the fact that his potential is become less potential every year.
Ok, well go and ask the Raptors what they were thinking when they were willing to give up Bosh (who some consider to be an elite player) for Bynum. Go ask the nuggets what they were thinkin when they were flirting with the idea of trading Melo (an elite player) for Bynum. Why would the Magic even talk to the Lakers about Bynum if the guy is just a waste of time? Obviously teams see somethin in the ******* guy. Like what the **** are you basing all this off?

Trust me, I know the ****** guy gets hurt every year. Im a lakers fan, it pisses me off...but jesus.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I would take Nash and Gortat. I like them both, could be Nash's chance to win a ring as well which would be great.
Thank you for having sense. Honestly, outside of the Pistons winning a title, the one thing I want more than anything in the NBA is for Nash to win a title. He deserves one so badly.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-11-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok, well go and ask the Raptors what they were thinking when they were willing to give up Bosh (who some consider to be an elite player) for Bynum. Go ask the nuggets what they were thinkin when they were flirting with the idea of trading Melo (an elite player) for Bynum. Why would the Magic even talk to the Lakers about Bynum if the guy is just a waste of time? Obviously teams see somethin in the ******* guy. Like what the **** are you basing all this off?

Trust me, I know the ****** guy gets hurt every year. Im a lakers fan, it pisses me off...but jesus.
I'm kind of basing the fact that he gets hurt all the time? I thought that was apparent.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
The guy gets hurt every ******* year, trust me...I KNOW! but teams havent seemed to get too worried about that.
Quote:
I'm kind of basing the fact that he gets hurt all the time? I thought that was apparent.
Oh you mean the thing that I've agreed with you on in like the last 3 of my posts? Im pretty sure the other teams in the league know it too...but they dont seem to give a ****.

So really, what the hell are you trying to get at? TEAMS HAVE BEEN WILLING TO TRADE FOR THIS GUY! Knowing that the guy has knees "worse than your grandma"

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh you mean the thing that I've agreed with you on in like the last 3 of my posts? Im pretty sure the other teams in the league know it too...but they dont seem to give a ****.

So really, what the hell are you trying to get at? TEAMS HAVE BEEN WILLING TO TRADE FOR THIS GUY! Knowing that the guy has knees "worse than your grandma"
Because the Magics rather get something then letting Dwight walk away for free? Not because Bynum is riding the magical potential train.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Bynum's defense, Chandler was an injury prone guy with potential for like a decade before he finally stayed healthy and played up to his potential and was a major part of a title in the process.

That said, I'm not huge on Bynum. If we traded Howard for Bynum or to the Lakers in general I'd be really annoyed because I just don't rate him.

To be honest the Magic are in a different situation to New Orleans with Howard. Howard, unlike Paul, is actually good enough to give us a title shot. Nelson stays healthy, sign a couple of nice pieces(say an Afflalo) and all of a sudden we are a contender. Not a favourite by any means but we do have some trade pieces here and there that if we are looking good could make a last ditch move at the deadline.

I'd also hope that we cash in at least a little on a sign and trade with Howard, it is clear we can't keep him at this point(we don't deserve to either), but may as well get a bit for him.

I still look at the Grant Hill sign and trade as what every team who is losing a star should do, do the right thing for the star leaving by getting them the most money and get yourself a few guys with potential, just never know when you get the next Ben Wallace or Marc Gasol set of steakknives.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:15 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Because the Magics rather get something then letting Dwight walk away for free? Not because Bynum is riding the magical potential train.
This is pointless...So is it weird that his name is the one that constant gets thrown into every one of those situations? Why wouldnt the nuggets have asked for Pau? Hes much better, why wouldnt the raptors have asked for Pau? Hes much better. Why wouldnt the Magic want that trade to be revolved around Pau? Hes much better and doesnt have "knees worse than your grandma".

Please dont answer those questions...Im done.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 02:21 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is pointless...So is it weird that his name is the one that constant gets thrown into every one of those situations? Why wouldnt the nuggets have asked for Pau? Hes much better, why wouldnt the raptors have asked for Pau? Hes much better. Why wouldnt the Magic want that trade to be revolved around Pau? Hes much better and doesnt have "knees worse than your grandma".

Please dont answer those questions...Im done.
Look you're comparing Bynum to Gasol. Gasol is a whole different story, he's much older that should be pretty obvious.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:25 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

triple post

Last edited by bantx : 12-11-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:25 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

triple post

Last edited by bantx : 12-11-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Look you're comparing Bynum to Gasol. Gasol is a whole different story, he's much older that should be pretty obvious.
Lol, so you're saying the younger guy's potential is what they want, they dont want the older finished product whos much better...I see.

Later

Quote: