Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I thought we were done with this? As much as you want Andrew Bynum to be Dwight Howard he's not. Gortat played at an all star level the second half of last year, if he played for the Lakers you'd be on his nuts instead. And by the time Nash retires Kobe won't be playing at the same level anyway.

It's really not even close actually.
Please. We've been critical of all of our players from Pau's softness from Odom's tentativeness, Fisher sucking, I even was critical of Kobe at times.

Then I or somone else defends Bynum and you just dismiss it to blind homerism?

Ok let's take everyone on SWDC out of account. Now let me ask you this, if Bynum and Gortat are equals, then why aren't NBA GMs throwing multiple trade offers for Gortat. Why isn't or wasn't he in rumors for players like KG or Chris Bosh etc.?

EDIT: Ok also let's trade for a 37 - 38 year old point guard coming off his 2nd lowest ppg, lowest 3p%, lowest 3PM and 3PA. But yeah, I'm sure he's on the upswing of his career that'll allow us to beat OKC in the playoffs. Russ Westbrook who?

Last edited by soybean : 12-11-2011 at 08:15 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Please. We've been critical of all of our players from Pau's softness from Odom's tentativeness, Fisher sucking, I even was critical of Kobe at times.

Then I or somone else defends Bynum and you just dismiss it to blind homerism?

Ok let's take everyone on SWDC out of account. Now let me ask you this, if Bynum and Gortat are equals, then why aren't NBA GMs throwing multiple trade offers for Gortat. Why isn't or wasn't he in rumors for players like KG or Chris Bosh etc.?
No one said they're equals, you just completely made that up. They said there wasn't a huge difference, and that him + a top 5 PG is better than Bynum. Bynum averaged 11/9 last year. Gortat averaged 13/9 (15/10 after the all star break, equal to Bynum's best season.) Kobe is 33 and starting towards the downside of his career, why wouldn't you deal for Nash and make a couple more runs with him if you could?

Seriously, Bynum hasn't even made an all star team in 6 years even with the Laker bias in the voting.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-11-2011 at 08:20 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could be because the Suns have no money and can't afford a superstar anyway. The reasoning for declining a trade that was brought up just because Fenikz said it is beyond ********. Nash/Kobe/Metta/Gasol/Gortat would be much better than Fisher/Kobe/Metta/Gasol/Bynum would be.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one said they're equals, you just completely made that up. They said there wasn't a huge difference, and that him + a top 5 PG is better than Bynum. Bynum averaged 11/9 last year. Gortat averaged 13/9 (15/10 after the all star break, equal to Bynum's best season.) Kobe is 33 and starting towards the downside of his career, why wouldn't you deal for Nash and make a couple more runs with him if you could?

Seriously, Bynum hasn't even made an all star team in 6 years even with the Laker bias in the voting.
Gortat would get eaten alive by all other centers and PFs in the league. Bynum is a beast in the playoffs and wasn't even remotely part of the reason we lost. I wouldn't even trust his matchup against Lamarcus Aldridge.

Bynum is the better player, we can't just look at ppg to determine who is better. Our offense is more conservative and we had many other weapons, (Pau, Kobe, Lamar). He's one of the true centers that does everything centers are suppose to do, rebound, block shots, pull defenses into the paint. etc.

He's a much better player than Gortat.

EDIT: nash's age just isn't worth the risk.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Gortat would get eaten alive by all other centers and PFs in the league. Bynum is a beast in the playoffs and wasn't even remotely part of the reason we lost. I wouldn't even trust his matchup against Lamarcus Aldridge.

Bynum is the better player, we can't just look at ppg to determine who is better. Our offense is more conservative and we had many other weapons, (Pau, Kobe, Lamar). He's one of the true centers that does everything centers are suppose to do, rebound, block shots, pull defenses into the paint. etc.

He's a much better player than Gortat.

EDIT: nash's age just isn't worth the risk.
How can you say Gortat would get eaten alive by all other centers and PF's in the league when he already doesn't? Who do you think he was playing against last year? Was he posting up against shooting guards?

And you act like playing with Gasol/Bryant/Odom doesn't help him a ton as well.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another element in Pacers' pursuit of OJ Mayo is they also want to send Brandon Rush to Memphis w/McRoberts, says source

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Another element in Pacers' pursuit of OJ Mayo is they also want to send Brandon Rush to Memphis w/McRoberts, says source
I am sure the Knicks would be willing to take on Brandon Rush if Memphis doesn't want him. After all they held illegal workouts for Rush back during the Isiah era.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
What's your arguement potential?
I already schooled you on the situation last night, and all you could come back with was a stupid reference about playing 2k basketball. Even though every GM in the league is playing 2K basketball I guess.

Quote:
How can you say Gortat would get eaten alive by all other centers and PF's in the league when he already doesn't? Who do you think he was playing against last year? Was he posting up against shooting guards?

And you act like playing with Gasol/Bryant/Odom doesn't help him a ton as well.
Playing with Pau/Kobe/Odom wont help Bynum's offensive numbers...he wont see as many looks with those guys. We havent asked him to be our 2nd option or even 3rd option a ton because we havent had too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I already schooled you on the situation last night, and all you could come back with was a stupid reference about playing 2k basketball. Even though every GM in the league is playing 2K basketball I guess.

Playing with Pau/Kobe/Odom wont help Bynum's offensive numbers...he wont see as many looks with those guys. We havent asked him to be our 2nd option or even 3rd option a ton because we havent had too.

You leave out the fact that they take away defensive attention and are all very good passers for their positions.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gortat hate is unnecessary. He was a 15-11 guy after the All-Star break when he finally got true starter minutes. He's going to put up All-Star type numbers as long as he gets the playing time. Gortat was a beast for the Suns last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You leave out the fact that they take away defensive attention and are all very good passers for their positions.
Thats why the other guys get more looks. Pau and Odom get their looks due to Kobe. Kobe gets his looks because of Pau. We havent needed Bynum to be anything more than he was...until last year so...idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rich Bucher: LAC would need CP3 long-term to include Minn 1st. Long term is opting in for the 12-13 season. which i'm told he will.

This is huge. Could mean the different in the Hornets getting Gordon or a better trade deal to include not only Gordon but Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, and Minny's 1st

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-11-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Rich Bucher: LAC would need CP3 long-term to include Minn 1st. Long term is opting in for the 12-13 season. which i'm told he will.

This is huge. Could mean the different in the Hornets getting Gordon or a better trade deal to include not only Gordon but Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, and Minny's 1st
I love how Minnesota's 1st is so coveted. I bet it won't even be a Top 5 pick after the lottery.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers' fans overrate their guys.

Bynum is a good solid player, just like Gortat, the difference is that Bynum has the potential to be more, but he also has an awful durability record to back it up.

That would be a great trade for the Lakers, they give up potential to be better right now, which with the age of their squad makes sense.

I also don't think that trade rumours are a reason to rate a guy or to try and assess value. Big market teams inherently have more trade rumours and Bynum is just about the only trade asset the Lakers have, so he is involved in every trade rumour. I'd take just as much out of no one rating him enough to make an offer that the Lakers say yes to as anything.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love how Minnesota's 1st is so coveted. I bet it won't even be a Top 5 pick after the lottery.
Minnesota aren't that bad, Love is a stud, if they can get any kind of support around him and maybe play a tiny bit of defense then they can be a pretty average team, maybe even slightly better than average.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a stud...and they do have young talent. But it's not like that helped them do anything last year. That team is a high lottery team, until proven otherwise. They won 17 games last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-11-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He is a stud...and they do have young talent. But it's not like that helped them do anything last year. That team is a high lottery team, until proven otherwise. They won 17 games last year.
Oh no doubt, but the whole point of a young team with potential is that they improve each year. Look at Okie City, from 23 to 50 wins. Wouldn't surprise me if the TWolves could get to around 40-45 wins(if it was an 82 game season). That said, they are the Wolves so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't...

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

They have way too many forwards on their team, and Rubio at the point...it may take a while yet. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-11-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota just really really really needs to clear up their PF spot and pick up some damn guards..

C - Darko Milicic / Nikola Pekovic / Brad Miller
PF - Kevin Love / Derrick Williams / Michael Beasley / Anthony Randolph / Anthony Tolliver
SF - Wes Johnson / Martell Webster / Lazar Hayward
SG - Wayne Ellington
PG - Ricky Rubio / Luke Ridnour / Malcolm Lee

I know the actual depth chart is gonna play out differently.. But man, they need some damn guards. DO IT KAHN.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

I also don't think that trade rumours are a reason to rate a guy or to try and assess value. Big market teams inherently have more trade rumours and Bynum is just about the only trade asset the Lakers have, so he is involved in every trade rumour. I'd take just as much out of no one rating him enough to make an offer that the Lakers say yes to as anything.
cmon... GMs aren't stupid though.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Minnesota just really really really needs to clear up their PF spot and pick up some damn guards..

C - Darko Milicic / Nikola Pekovic / Brad Miller
PF - Kevin Love / Derrick Williams / Michael Beasley / Anthony Randolph / Anthony Tolliver
SF - Wes Johnson / Martell Webster / Lazar Hayward
SG - Wayne Ellington
PG - Ricky Rubio / Luke Ridnour / Malcolm Lee

I know the actual depth chart is gonna play out differently.. But man, they need some damn guards. DO IT KAHN.
Rumor has it Adelman has been pushing hard to make a play for Kevin Martin, and we're looking at JJ Barea and Jamal Crawford too.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota ******* sucks guys. Love puts up stats but he's atrocious on D. Unless Rubio shocks everyone and plays awesome in year one, they are going to be one of the bottom five teams in the league...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

So Stern stops a CP3 trade for "basketball reasons" which helps leads to the Hornets losing their 2nd best player for nothing.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Minnesota ******* sucks guys. Love puts up stats but he's atrocious on D. Unless Rubio shocks everyone and plays awesome in year one, they are going to be one of the bottom five teams in the league...
We do suck I agree, but the additions of Adelman and Williams will make us slightly better this year, especially if Wes Johnson can keep improving and we start playing him at his true position.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-12-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We do suck I agree, but the additions of Adelman and Williams will make us slightly better this year.
Hopefully. I'm intrigued to see how Williams' game translates...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote