Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Woj: Prominent agent: NBA has rendered Hornets front office "inoperable" and has given up doing even minor signings with them now.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
That would have gutted the Clippers to no end, you'd have Paul Griffin and not even role players you'd have bench and d league guys left.
Paul, Caron Butler, Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Ryan Gomes, Randy Foye, Mo Williams, with the whole MLE to sign a FA.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Per Woj: Prominent agent: NBA has rendered Hornets front office "inoperable" and has given up doing even minor signings with them now.
well...ain't that a *****

Way to ruin the Hornets. Feel bad for them now

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
the ****** up part about this whole paul situation is i think the hornets would be much better off with the lakers/rockets package than the clippers deal. i don't think bledsoe or faroq-aminu will amount to much
Uh... Scola/Martin/Odom is NOWHERE near as good as Gordon + Bledsoe + Aminu + Kaman (Expiring) + minnys 1st, it's not even close, which is why the Clips LOL-ed at the demands.

Even if aminu or bledsoe didn't amount to nothing they are 2nd year guys with potential, that helps a rebuilding organization far more than 3 over priced past their prime players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Was Gordon in the deal? Because if he was then I disagree but I heard conflicting reports. Gordon can be an elite perimeter scorer in 2 or so years. I agree on bledsoe and aminu though, don't understand the fascination with them.
Most rumors have him included. Even still I'd rather have Aminu/Bledsoe/Kamans Contract/Minnys 1st, if I'm rebuilding, two 21 year olds, a big expiring, and a high 1st in a deep draft is more worth taking a chance on than Martin/Scola/Odom. To me that is just a recipe for a bottom 5 team, with bad contracts, where as the clips trade (minus gordon) would give you a bottom 5 team with an influx of youth, cap relief, and a high pick.

Last edited by ccB : 12-12-2011 at 02:33 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight live stream....

http://www.nba.com/magic/magic_live_stream.html
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
One of "changes" Dwight Howard wants is signing of Chauncey. If DH12 stays, sources say he'll urge Billups to spurn Heat and "anchor" Magic
Old 12-12-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
One of "changes" Dwight Howard wants is signing of Chauncey. If DH12 stays, sources say he'll urge Billups to spurn Heat and "anchor" Magic
aka "If I'm stuck here for another year at least give me a veteran PG that can get us to the playoffs one last time before I spurn the city and leave in FA"
Old 12-12-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason the NBA would be doing this to the Hornets is they want some contraction on the league, starting with the Hornets.

Otherwise vetoing both of those deals makes absolutely zero sense.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
aka "If I'm stuck here for another year at least give me a veteran PG that can get us to the playoffs one last time before I spurn the city and leave in FA"
You gonna play fantasy basketball or no?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because He's the NBA commisioner doesn't mean he's an expert or even competent GM.

Just like not every great player would become a great coach.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't even piss on David Stern if i saw him on fire. **** everything about him, i've always hated him and his "i'm the best commissioner in the world" attitude, and this is just the cherry on top. I don't get what more they could possibly want, both deals they were being offered had their upside, and now they're at risk of losing him for nothing.

I hope no one buys that **** Hornets team and the owners get stuck, pissed off because Stern decided to play god with the league, maybe then they'll fire his ass.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ree agent J.J. Barea was finalizing a four-year deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, according to multiple reports Monday.
ESPN reported Barea has been offered $19 million over four years in Minnesota. NBA.com, citing a source, reported the Knicks would only commit to a two-year deal.
I thought he would get resign with the Mavs again.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barea would be a good fit for the Wolves imo

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a good fit in the sense that we have basically no guards, but not in the sense that the bigger problem is defense and not offense. I'll take it though because Barea is awesome.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Marc Stein: Clippers might decide THEY no longer want to be part of CP3 trade process. But from NBA perspective, sources say, talks w/Clippers not over

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...stern is going to make them give the hornets what they want? Wtf?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Clippers tell them to go **** themselves. I'd rather try and develop one of Bledsoe/Aminu/whoever they draft with Minny's first pick and get that expiring off the books, and make a run at Deron/CP3 in the offseason, than to cave into the ridiculous demands of that piece of **** David Stern.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just randomly weighing in here...

Stern has done more damage to the nba in the last 3 days than the entire lockout/Lebron's decision/malice in the palace scandals combined. None of those ever gave rise to questions about the league's legitimacy. The NBA front office picking and choosing where players go is radioactive waste for PR.

The nba isn't the NFL, there are franchises in real trouble because their fan bases were extremely iffy to begin with and an unprecedented intrusion by 'the man' is a nuke to public perception.

All this whining about small markets not having a fair go of it completely ignores the fact that quite a few of these small market teams are run like complete dogshit, yet the owners still think they deserve to make a profit. It's a competition not a backyard bbq where everybody gets a delicious steak.

And really that Dan Gilbert letter is the filthiest smoking gun I've ever seen for an owner that truly doesn't get it. In the same email he cries about turning 25 teams into the Washington Generals AND how the Lakers can't cut salary because it will affect his profit sharing money. Are you kidding me?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^thiiiiisssssssss, Oh My God.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who does the hiring/firing of the commissioner?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Pretty sure the owners vote on that.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pissing off both LA teams should help towards Stern getting canned and Cuban probably wouldn't mind him gone either.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Here's a trade that works for all teams involved:
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/5947706

Clippers also send Minnesota's 1st rounder to New Orleans & Houston could add a pick

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-12-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather keep Martin. Houston isnt trading that type of stuff unless they get a top level frontcourt player, anyway.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Clippers placed a bid on Chauncey Billups, league source tells Y! Sports.