Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not really, they've been trying to make a big move all off-season long, and they made an offer for Howard before the season started also. Personally i think it's a dumb move cause there's no way Howard re-signs there.
Jerry West is the type of guy who will go get him man and then worry about letting things fall into place later. It's not like that core of iso-ballers is ever gonna be a contender anyways :shrug: might as well shoot for the stars.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

West is gonna trade for him and then trade him to the Lakers for Metta World Peace and Luke Walton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice slate of games tonight....I'm going to be so sad when the League Pass free trial period is over. I may convince my roommates to split it three ways. I mean, I can find any game on the internet, but nothing beats having all the games right on your TV.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Bibby really shouldn't be on an NBA team right now. He was awful last year, but this is a disgrace.....surely there is a young PG somewhere that deserves a shot over Bibby's corpse. He is actually hitting three tonight, but he absolutely useless in all other areas.

Last edited by Rob S : 01-06-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Beasley so ******* much. This can't be stated enough. Any veteran SGs we could trade him for?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its so refreshing that Flip actually has hustle players playing this game. Singleton, booker, wall is a nice combo. It looks like it may have even rubbed off on Andray Blatche.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Melo is Mr. Clutch. Nobody I would rather have taking the last shot. Knowing the Knicks, however, someone blows by Bibby for a layup right here.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Melo is sick. I had a bad feeling after that pick. but my prediction is wall brinks a lay up or blatche takes one of the worst shots ever. and we lose
Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the Pistons are doing wonderful tonight.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nets won a game!
we've now beaten the wizards and raptors. we are srs contenders
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yeah Melo is sick. I had a bad feeling after that pick. but my prediction is wall brinks a lay up or blatche takes one of the worst shots ever. and we lose
Well, you lost. Nick Young came close though. I like Young a lot. For Wiz at the end of games, it has to be Wall penetrating and looking for Young on the perimeter or McGee for an easy finish. Wall should never be taking a 3.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I like young too he can really score but doesnt offer much else. IDK wtf Wall was doing either taking the 3. But this gives me hope about our young hustle players such as Singleton,BOoker,Wall. I cant wait to add Jan Vesley into the mix, he has that same kind of hustle but is a great athlete too. All we need to do is hopefully replace Blatche w/ either Davis or Drummond and I will think we have hope.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
nets won a game!
we've now beaten the wizards and raptors. we are srs contenders
Tell Anthony Morrow my fantasy team and I say thank you for tonight.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I hate Beasley so ******* much. This can't be stated enough. Any veteran SGs we could trade him for?
If anyone would please for the love of god take Wayne Ellington too, that would just make my life. ****, take Wes Johnson too while you're at it.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Well, you lost. Nick Young came close though. I like Young a lot. For Wiz at the end of games, it has to be Wall penetrating and looking for Young on the perimeter or McGee for an easy finish. Wall should never be taking a 3.

Yes, I'm a Young fan too, he'd make a nice 6th man. Something really needs to change with this team on the offensive end. (I've given up any hope of them playing defense) A'mare is just so incredibly out of place. It's not even the fact that he and Carmelo are pretty much redundant. It's the pick and roll game going through Chandler/Chandler clogging the lane which has A'mare playing more like a 3.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHVF View Post
If anyone would please for the love of god take Wayne Ellington too, that would just make my life. ****, take Wes Johnson too while you're at it.
Would an ideal T-Wolves starting lineup look like this?

PG - Ricky Rubio
SG - Wes Johnson
SF - Anthony Randolph
PF - Derrick Williams
C - Kevin Love

Or move one of their assets to pick up a legit center?

Or does David Kahn have to be fired before these guys can get out of the lottery?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post

PG - Ricky Rubio
SG - Wes Johnson
SF - Anthony Randolph
PF - Derrick Williams
C - Kevin Love

Or does David Kahn have to be fired before these guys can get out of the lottery?
That would not make them any better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

PG - Ricky Rubio
SG - Wes Johnson
SF - Anthony Randolph
PF - Derrick Williams
C - Kevin Love

Darko has not been complete **** and is not as horrible as everyone seems to think. He should still be in there. My lineup for them would be...

PG Roobster
SG Ridnour (has not been that awful once again and him and Rubio work well together)/Barea
SF Williams
PF Love
C DARKO

Dude that needs to be given a bus ticket and a peanut butter sandwich for his munchies: Michael Beasley
Old 01-07-2012, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yes, I'm a Young fan too, he'd make a nice 6th man. Something really needs to change with this team on the offensive end. (I've given up any hope of them playing defense) A'mare is just so incredibly out of place. It's not even the fact that he and Carmelo are pretty much redundant. It's the pick and roll game going through Chandler/Chandler clogging the lane which has A'mare playing more like a 3.
I think we will be fine on offense when Baron is back. He will really help with the spacing and I think Amare will be able to get clean paths to the bucket more often. I agree though, he and Chandler can't figure out how to play together and we don't have a PG that can control their play. It makes for Amare shooting way too many 18 footers. Yea, he can hit it, but I want him finishing at the rim the majority of the time. Melo was absolutely ruthless today though.....he hit some total eff you shots tonight.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:11 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

PG - Ricky Rubio
SG - Wes Johnson
SF - Anthony Randolph
PF - Derrick Williams
C - Kevin Love

Wes Johnson and Anthony Randolph are pretty terrible. Plus, a Williams and Love frontcourt is brutal defensively.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think we will be fine on offense when Baron is back. He will really help with the spacing and I think Amare will be able to get clean paths to the bucket more often. I agree though, he and Chandler can't figure out how to play together and we don't have a PG that can control their play. It makes for Amare shooting way too many 18 footers. Yea, he can hit it, but I want him finishing at the rim the majority of the time. Melo was absolutely ruthless today though.....he hit some total eff you shots tonight.

Hopefully Baron is the missing piece. Lord knows Toney is ******* atrocious (at least as a starting PG, he could be a decent volume scorer off the bench.) But yes, Melo is the man. If Baron can be above average, a starting lineup of:

Baron
Shumpert
Melo
Amare
Chandler

definitely has us looking a lot more competitive.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Darko has not been complete **** and is not as horrible as everyone seems to think. He should still be in there. My lineup for them would be...

PG Roobster
SG Ridnour (has not been that awful once again and him and Rubio work well together)/Barea
SF Williams
PF Love
C DARKO

Dude that needs to be given a bus ticket and a peanut butter sandwich for his munchies: Michael Beasley
This is accurate. Ridnour has been fine. Darko isn't as bad as most people think and at least give us a big body defensively. We need to move Wes, Ellington, and Beasley for a bag of chips.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta Ellis is quietly becoming a damn good point guard.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hoping the Hornets trading for Ramon Sessions.

Varejao & Sessions for Okafor or Kaman.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one wants Okafor.