Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I was just about to put this very same thing. I would even say he's right up there with Paul Millsap. Cousins probably deserves to be in the All-Star game itself even though he'll probably end up only playing on the sophomore team.
Don't worry NIP, you knows i gots this!

But yeah, sadly, the the fact that he's still relatively an unknown guy, coupled with how bad the Kings are doing this year and no one really cares that the guy is beasting it night in and out. Does he deserve to be an all-star? Absolutely. Will he? Most likely not, cause the carcass of Tim Duncan will probably make it over him.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Just throwing it out there, but DeMarcus Cousins has better numbers than Marc Gasol does on significantly less minutes played. I know the Kings are blowing this year but he should at least get some consideration with how consistently good he has been.
Has it really done him a lot of good since Westphal was fired? I already knew when there was a rift that Cousins was going to win that battle, was hoping Sac wouldn't be so stupid then to trade a young stud that soon. Scary part is he's got a long way o go before he hits his ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wolves sucked tonight, but man we gotta not ever start Darko again. Pek is sooo gosh darn much better.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there are a couple of Pistons fans out there, and to them I say two words. Thomas Robinson

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Suns stop winning :(

at least now if we move Nash he will be our franchise leader in assists, I wonder how far he is from points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I love them both, but there is no way Kyrie and Rubio should be making the ASG this year.
And there no way Nash isn't an all star

14 10 2 on 53% shooting on the least talented team in the league
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the Kings would trade for a SG/SF, I like our future small guard future with Thornton, Thomas and Freddete. A wing with some size that can play an all around game is what this team needs. If the Kings could somehow get a deal to send a player like Rudy ***, Danny Granger or Joe Johnson.

They could send Tyreke, JJ Hickson and maybe a future draft pick if they get out of the lottery. We could then use our 1st this year(likely in the 5-10 rang) to get a forward like Perry Jones who can play SF/PF and rebound. A lineup like:

PG Isaiah Thomas/Jimmer Freddette
SG Marcus Thorton/Francisco Garcia
SF Rudy ***(Danny Granger)/John Salmons
PF Perry Jones/Jason Thompson
C DeMarcus Cousins/Chuck Hayes

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Has it really done him a lot of good since Westphal was fired? I already knew when there was a rift that Cousins was going to win that battle, was hoping Sac wouldn't be so stupid then to trade a young stud that soon. Scary part is he's got a long way o go before he hits his ceiling.
It really has, to be honest. For some reason Westphal had like an 11 man rotation (but that's also partly due to Cousins' foul trouble, which he has gotten better at) so Cousins wasn't getting a lot of consistent minutes. His minutes have increased dramatically under Smart, and short of him being in foul trouble and the occasional resting periods you gotta give a big man like him, he's on the floor. No funny business anymore, i think everyone sees now that he's an absolute rebounding machine, and if he gets the ball in the low block there is no way you can stop him unless you foul. He doesn't have the explosiveness that Shaq in his prime did, but he has the same body and just brute force. His post moves are excellent for a guy this young, he really knows how to work his craft and how to maximize the abilities his body gives him.

I'm with you in the fact that he wasn't gonna be moved, i didn't think there was any way we could give up on him so soon, especially over Westphal. Those days before he got fired were just a complete PR nightmare. I don't think there's any doubt that he's taken the 'franchise guy' title away from Tyreke. He's who this team should be built around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I wish the Kings would trade for a SG/SF, I like our future small guard future with Thornton, Thomas and Freddete. A wing with some size that can play an all around game is what this team needs. If the Kings could somehow get a deal to send a player like Rudy ***, Danny Granger or Joe Johnson.

They could send Tyreke, JJ Hickson and maybe a future draft pick if they get out of the lottery. We could then use our 1st this year(likely in the 5-10 rang) to get a forward like Perry Jones who can play SF/PF and rebound. A lineup like:

PG Isaiah Thomas/Jimmer Freddette
SG Marcus Thorton/Francisco Garcia
SF Rudy ***(Danny Granger)/John Salmons
PF Perry Jones/Jason Thompson
C DeMarcus Cousins/Chuck Hayes
I don't know if you've read much of the thread before, but i've been pushing for Rudy *** for quite some time now. I think he would fit perfectly on this team and it would balance out the talent that we have. If we can get Perry Jones or Harrison Barnes in the draft, i think it kinda defeats the purpose, but whatever. I like when we go small with Thomas at the point, but we can't run out a lineup with Thomas starting every game. He's a great spark plug, but i think that's as far as his talent provides. He needs to work dramatically on his passing on PG skills, but he's dynamite with the ball in his hands.

Hypothetically speaking, i don't think we should trade 'Reke until Jimmer is ready to take on full time point guard duties, and i really don't know when that will be. I just wanna see what this team will perform like with another year of seasoning and a full off-season under their belts. I hope they keep Keith Smart on as HC for at least one more year.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:32 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Jennings is like a poorman's Iverson.

Also: I thought this would belong here

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Brandon Jennings is like a hobo-living-under-the-bridge man's Iverson.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree on Cousins being an all star. His foul is rate is awful and his defense has to be downgraded big time because of that. He is also shooting a terrible percentage for a big man and isn't efficient at all. He is also a massive black hole. His team is one of the 5 worst in the NBA too..... He is having a great year and will probably be in an ASG very soon, but the time isnt now.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rockets choke again! Same ole Rockets.

And oh does anybody want Scola? You can have him. Love the dude attitude and work ethic but dude has been playing some awful basketball here lately.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All star centers in the West:
Bynum
Gorat
Marc Gasol

None of these people are Cousins.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I disagree on Cousins being an all star. His foul is rate is awful and his defense has to be downgraded big time because of that. He is also shooting a terrible percentage for a big man and isn't efficient at all. He is also a massive black hole. His team is one of the 5 worst in the NBA too..... He is having a great year and will probably be in an ASG very soon, but the time isnt now.
I hate pulling this card but i guarantee you haven't watched much of him this season if this is your assessment of his play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bynum
Gorat
Marc Gasol

**** you. I'm sure you're still upset about the fact that Cousins is better than Monroe.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monroe is better than Cousins. It's not his fault he plays next to either Big Ben, Maxiell, or Jerebko (who I love but isn't really much more than a solid sixth man combo forward) and the guard play is atrocious.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-02-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Sacramento isn't necessarily full of world-beaters, either.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I hate pulling this card but i guarantee you haven't watched much of him this season if this is your assessment of his play.
I actually have. Not as much as you I'm sure, but I have him in fantasy, so I watched him a good deal. He absolutely has foul problems and is a black hole. Every time I watch him he takes a large number of terrible fallaway 18 footers.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I actually have. Not as much as you I'm sure, but I have him in fantasy, so I watched him a good deal. He absolutely has foul problems and is a black hole. Every time I watch him he takes a large number of terrible fallaway 18 footers.
Let me break down the meat of this post as to not assume you're just looking at box scores as far as his usage rates go.

A lot of his missed attempts come from tip-in attempts (hence his league leading offensive rebounding numbers), so naturally his FG% will dip. He has shot extremely better in the last four or five games, and is scoring at a much more efficient rate. He rarely takes jump shots unless it's late in the shotclock (and the Kings "offense" does this extremely often since everyone is just looking to take people off the dribble, forcing guys into bad shooting situations), and so he's forced to put the ball up. The majority of the time he's getting the ball in the low block.

His foul issues stem from two main things, and ironically they're the complete opposite of one another. He gets a lot of fouls because he plays really aggressive help defense. He is Anderson Varejao-like in how many charges he tries to take, and sometimes he doesn't get the calls to go his way. A player of his caliber shouldn't be doing that, there's a reason why the scrappers off the bench do that, because you can't afford to risk getting the blocking foul called. Sometimes he's overly aggressive in his block attempts, and given his huge frame, he'll get a lot of contact and he isn't the superstar yet to get most of the calls his way.

The other reason would be laziness on man to man defense. When he's beaten by a smaller guard on help defense, he'll swipe at the ball, or make a last ditch effort to get a steal, and 80% of those are called against him. He needs to improve his footwork so he doesn't get taken out of position, or where he can trail the ball better without having to make cheap fouls. This is quite a simple thing to improve, and again, under Smart, he has gotten a lot better at this. He has dipped into some heavy minutes recently because he has stayed free of foul trouble.

Where i have to disagree with you and say you're completely wrong is when you say he's a black hole. He definitely isn't a Tyreke Evans black hole where the ball and the offense seems to disappear when it's in his hands. The ball rarely moves through him on offense, and a lot of his scores are due to his own hard work in the paint. His rebounding offensively is off the charts good, and when the ball is down in the low block, what do you expect him to do? He's given the ball in that position to score, so that's what he does. I'm really not sure why you say he's a black hole, i'd really like it if you elaborated further on that point.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will the Kings lose to the Trailblazers tonight by more than 4 points?

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-02-2012 at 05:02 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It's tough. Kings play significantly better at home, but they've been ousted by the Blazers once this year already. If you're looking to bet, i'd look for a safer route.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Will the Kings lose to the Trailblazers tonight by more than 4 points?
They could lose by 27 and I wouldn't be too surprised...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bynum
Gorat
Marc Gasol

There is nothing out there that tells me Marc Gasol is a better, more deserving player than Demarcus Cousins.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
There is nothing out there that tells me Marc Gasol is a better, more deserving player than Demarcus Cousins.
Their points/rebounds numbers are very similar, but Marc Gasol has better percentages, is a WAY better passer, is a better defender, and blocks more shots.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-02-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They could lose by 27 and I wouldn't be too surprised...
Why do you say that?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Their points/rebounds numbers are very similar, but Marc Gasol has better percentages, is a WAY better passer, is a better defender, and blocks more shots.
In far more minutes played per game, yes. Look at the per 36 numbers

Gasol:
Pts 14.0
Reb 10.0
Stl 1.0
Ast 2.7
Blk 2.1

Cousins:
Pts 18.5
Reb 13.6
Stl 1.4
Ast 1.1
Blk 1.7

Gasol PER: 19.9
Gasol USG: 17.7
Cousins PER: 20.3
Cousins USG: 26.4

Cousins SMOKES Gasol in points and rebounds, and has a slight edge on steals while Gasol has the slight edge on blocks. That leaves only assists in which Gasol has the edge. Cousins has the slightly better PER with the much higher usage percentage which is a feather in Cousins' cap. As you should know, when usage goes up, efficiency generally goes down. That Cousins is able to maintain such a high PER with a usage rate significantly higher than Gasol is big plus.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why do you say that?
The Kings have been absolutely blown out a few times in recent games, most recently at home against Denver.

I am also apprehensive about adding another black hole to the mix with Marcus Thornton coming back tonight. The Kings just have too many players who iso and play the dribble dribble dribble offense. I like Thornton as a player, but I have to say that at some point Petrie has to realize the synergistic nature of basketball. The Salmons move at the time was highly questionable at best, but seeing the fit of these players in action makes it just that much worse because he's another ball dominant player.

Evans has finally begun to get back to creating for the rest of the team, but I'm still concerned about trading the minutes of IT has been getting to give them to Thornton.

Oldie but a goodie.