Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Well, he shouldn't do that. It should be him, Wade, or Bosh taking that shot though. No exceptions. I guess Spoelstra is to blame not getting Wade in position to get the ball if LBJ gets tripled. That play call was fine if the Bostrich was in. Haslem, not so much.
Every other season Haslem drills that shot (and if Bosh were playing last night he probably would have too), but he has shot terribly all year (42% where he averages 50% for his career). The FT line jumper is Haslem's shot and I don't really blame Spoelstra for that play, I kinda think he did it to maybe get Haslem going shooting wise (though that's just me rationalizing).

And the only LeBron/Wade/Bosh shooting thing is probably true for 2s, but if we need a 3 and Miller/Battier/Chalmers aren't taking the shot I'd be kinda pissed.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched a game with Bulls 1st rounder Nikola Mirotic from a game on February 23 and I must say this kid will be a very good player. I don't get the Dirk comparisons that much but I can see how people make them. He seems more athletic than Dirk (compared to Dirk at 21) but is not as good of a shooter. He is silky smooth when he handles the ball in the perimeter. Also a very solid defender.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Every other season Haslem drills that shot (and if Bosh were playing last night he probably would have too), but he has shot terribly all year (42% where he averages 50% for his career). The FT line jumper is Haslem's shot and I don't really blame Spoelstra for that play, I kinda think he did it to maybe get Haslem going shooting wise (though that's just me rationalizing).

And the only LeBron/Wade/Bosh shooting thing is probably true for 2s, but if we need a 3 and Miller/Battier/Chalmers aren't taking the shot I'd be kinda pissed.
I totally disagree with Haslem getting the ball there. The 2nd point you make, I have to agree with though. Although, I think running a play where Bosh takes a three could be effective if drilled in practice. It has worked well for the Knicks with Stat.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True basketball is about proper spacing and high percentage shots. Superstars in the NBA blur the lines because they can hit ridiculously stupid shots(like LeBron's 3 in under a min). LeBron made the smart pass after he drew the double team. Haslem needs to nut up and make that shot. Daniel Gibson would have made that shot.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
True basketball is about proper spacing and high percentage shots. Superstars in the NBA blur the lines because they can hit ridiculously stupid shots(like LeBron's 3 in under a min). LeBron made the smart pass after he drew the double team. Haslem needs to nut up and make that shot. Daniel Gibson would have made that shot.
Yeah, until the game is on the line. Then, **** true basketball. Be a superstar and win the game for you team. It's the regular season, so whatever, but Udonis Haslem should never be taking the final shot on a team with LBJ, Wade, and Bosh unless it's a layup/tip in.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Everyone is ridiculing LeBron for not taking the shot, but Wade is getting a free pass. The game shouldn't have come down to the final shot, if Wade had made the free throw and not fouled Harris on the other end.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The whole thing is ridiculous. Everyone is ridiculing LeBron for not taking the shot, but Wade is getting a free pass. The game shouldn't have come down to the final shot, if Wade had made the free throw and not fouled Harris on the other end.
How is it getting ridiculous? What Wade did doesn't matter, that isn't a reoccurring theme. The thing is Lebron always passes on the last shot or bricks it. He did it again. Wade screwed up, but that happens. The point isn't that they lost. The point is Lebron CONSISTENTLY fails in the clutch, something a superstar of his stature should not do. Lebron just needs to grow a pair of late game cahonnes.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, until the game is on the line. Then, **** true basketball. Be a superstar and win the game for you team. It's the regular season, so whatever, but Udonis Haslem should never be taking the final shot on a team with LBJ, Wade, and Bosh unless it's a layup/tip in.
Steve Kerr made a final shot or two on a team with Pippen and MJ. It's stupid to pass up a guy who SHOULD be making an open jump shot when you're surrounded by multiple guys. I can't stand LeBron, but he did nothing wrong here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the Clippers, how is Blake Griffin gonna get manhandled by Channing Frye

Dropped to the 11th pick with that win

As for LeBron whats it take a triple team for people to not criticize him?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Steve Kerr made a final shot or two on a team with Pippen and MJ. It's stupid to pass up a guy who SHOULD be making an open jump shot when you're surrounded by multiple guys. I can't stand LeBron, but he did nothing wrong here.
Every now and then (especially to a knock em dead shooter that you trust like Kerr) is fine. LeBron is one of my favorite players, but he is not selfish enough in the clutch. He has to own the final moments of games and doesn't do it consistently enough. If the Haslem thing was a one off, then fine, but it is becoming habitual.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-03-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: grammar
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
How is it getting ridiculous? What Wade did doesn't matter, that isn't a reoccurring theme. The thing is Lebron always passes on the last shot or bricks it. He did it again. Wade screwed up, but that happens. The point isn't that they lost. The point is Lebron CONSISTENTLY fails in the clutch, something a superstar of his stature should not do. Lebron just needs to grow a pair of late game cahonnes.
Of course it mattered. If he didn't foul him, it would have at least been tied, and they'd at least have a chance in OT. And if he just made the free throw, Harris would have had to shoot a 3, which he's not that good at.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
This times a million. I know Wade has a ring and all, but that was a pathetically stupid foul. It wasn't even one of those questionable bumpy, tacky question. Everyone would call that a foul, it was clear and it was stupid.

And if LeBron takes the shot and misses, its oh, he can't make a big shot or hell people prolly woulda said he had Haslem open. And if takes and makes it, its make it in the playoffs.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
This times a million. I know Wade has a ring and all, but that was a pathetically stupid foul. It wasn't even one of those questionable bumpy, tacky question. Everyone would call that a foul, it was clear and it was stupid.

And if LeBron takes the shot and misses, its oh, he can't make a big shot or hell people prolly woulda said he had Haslem open. And if takes and makes it, its make it in the playoffs.
Well yeah, nothing LBJ does really matter until the finals anyway. He is already set in stone as one of the best regular season players of all time, but these are the kind of things that get discussed on a forum (for better or for worse).
Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron is on pace to have the highest single season PER of all time. Just saying.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-03-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A stat everybody cares about.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do. PER is awesome.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron can't really achieve anything else statistically. Who cares? I'm fully with those who have said I couldn't possibly care less about what he's doing statistically this year until the finals.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PER works for the most part, but the random outliers are kind of funny. Like Kenneth Faried at 10th in the league or Brandan Wright at 25th.

Not that Kenneth Faried isn't ******* awesome.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Of course it mattered. If he didn't foul him, it would have at least been tied, and they'd at least have a chance in OT. And if he just made the free throw, Harris would have had to shoot a 3, which he's not that good at.
No. This specific situation doesn't matter at all. The point isn't that they lost a game. The point is Lebron failed to come through at the end of the game. Again. As he always does. This game means nothing. Wade ****** up and put him in the situation he was in, but Lebron failed to come through, which is the point.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did he fail to come through? He passed it to a wide open player in a position where he should have made the shot. LeBron did everything he could to win that game (including going 8/9 in the 4th and bringing the Heat back from being blown out), how did he not come through because Haslem blew it?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

LeBron's job is to now drive through 3 guys and ignore a wide open guy, apparently.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taking a ridiculously hard shot while being triple teamed should ALWAYS be done over giving it to someone who is wide open at a spot where theyve been money at throughout their career.

Otherwise you just dont have the killer instinct!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah I don't really see anything wrong with the pass Lebron made. He basically gave Haslem a free throw and he just missed it. Most will make that shot at a 60% clip at least, the number for jumpers over three defenders is quite a bit lower no matter who you are. I think players like Lebron should put on the blinders a little bit in those situations but there is a line, and a triple team is well on the other side of that line.

Playing hero ball in late game situations can really get you in trouble. Remember the Bulls/Heat series last year? It was Rose and absolutely nothing else and it was pretty disastrous. All 5 players need to be threats to shoot.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-03-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

There are definitely times where hes too passive, and it bugs the hell out of me that he doesnt just overpower people and get to the lane late, but last night wasnt one of those times.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Ricky Rubio has 10 assists in the first quarter is that good?

Last edited by yo123 : 03-03-2012 at 10:48 PM.