Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Suns would beat the Knicks in a 7 game series

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks can beat the Heat? Good ******* god I'm done here.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dreadful words u never wanna hear: The Heat need points from Ju'wan Howard and Joel Anthony. Well, we were ******. Not making excuses cuz I don't think we even win against the Lakers today with Bosh, but we defntly missed him. And I continue to not be able to hate on Bosh cuz we missed him. And Wade being the King douche so to speak, where in most places he is prince Douche, others' words not mine, I think affected him.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Knicks win in the playoffs, I'm gonna come back in this thread and laugh in everyone's faces.

Philly. Atlanta. Pacers. Give me a break.

You know what? Now i want to play 1 of those 3 teams first. Just so when we stomp them out, I can come back in here and tell you guys I told you so.

I remember last year when everyone was like "you can't trade all your starters for Melo!!1111"

And all that bench is so important ******** when I said you can easily replace your bench. Our bench and starting units are both infinitely better this year than last year.

I also can't wait until everyone realizes Gortat is a mediocre Center that's way overhyped on this forum.
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you not come back to this thread until then, at least?

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got u BBD, beat the Bulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
BBD where are you getting this notion that the Knicks are good?

I'm pretty flabbergasted at the love their getting. I just don't think they're very good. They're not well assembled and I'm not a fan of D'Antoni
With Chandler and Shumpert they now have two really good defenders in the end of game lineup. They actually have a solid second unit now and good depth and they have pieces on offense that can become amazing if the teams keeps growing all year long and is playing their best basketball heading into the playoffs. Plus they've got a guy in Melo who's a great finisher for the tight late game D that you see in the playoffs. The Knicks can be really damn good come playoff time.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
This. For the most part this thread is one of the better ones on the forum and I would love not to have to sift through all this garbage every day. Especially since he most likely just got bored and decided to come troll on a whim.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's not like I'm saying anything crazy here. This is basketball 101. You won't win in the playoffs without a closer. It's one of the most basic concepts in basketball.

Look at today's game. How did Boston win? They gave it to Pierce at the end, and asked him to close the game. And he did.

The Knicks did the same with Melo, but Pierce out dueled him.

The Bulls win bc they have team ball, but they also have a closer who can finish in Rose. The championship teams all have that star player who can close.

Who the **** does the Sixers, Nuggets, Hawks, and Pacers have?

None of those teams are going to do ****. And I love how the records mean something. Like we haven't seen a 8 seed beat a 1 seed before?

Teams with star talent wins in the playoffs. I'm not saying anything crazy, just look at the past. This sports history repeats itself.

The cream always rises to the top at the end of the season. Overachieving teams always lose in the playoffs.
Look I am all for Knicks enthusiasm but I have learned that when you say the Knicks are a little better then people think they are or give them credit for it falls on def ears.

If you truly believe you are right you can just say well see in the playoffs and leave it that. However the way you keep going on and on about it seems more like your doing it to convince yourself.

Boston won on alot of turnovers, poor officiating, switching on defense every possession and D'antoni's philosophy not fouling up 3 in the final seconds. Yes Pierce is clutch but that game was more about things like that then having a closer.

8 seed beating a 1 seed? I think I only know of 2 off the top of my head. Knicks in 99 after the lockout and Gs beating Dallas.

All those team have is good players, chemistry, play good defense and have good coaching. Those things are pretty useful.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You see, this is where you Knicks fans are delusional. Amar'e is no longer even a good number 2 option, and your other main options are either much better in mainly defensive roles (Chandler) or a flash in the pan (Lin). Philly doesn't have a main option, but they are built so that they don't necessarily need one and they have a guy that can close games pretty well for them (Lou Williams). With their suffocating defense, that's all they need.

And when Amar'e gets tired out or Tyson gets in foul trouble, the Knicks are screwed. Between Jeffries getting too many minutes, JR Smith and/or Shumpert having a brick-a-thon, and Amar'e looking older than dirt and being a revolving door on D, it's not a difficult team to beat. They'll turn the ball over too much, they'll be outcoached, and they'll be outmanned. Stop deluding yourself to think they can beat Philly or Indiana, let alone even have a pipe dream of beating Chicago or Miami.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Look I am all for Knicks enthusiasm but I have learned that when you say the Knicks are a little better then people think they are or give them credit for it falls on def ears.

If you truly believe you are right you can just say well see in the playoffs and leave it that. However the way you keep going on and on about it seems more like your doing it to convince yourself.

Boston won on alot of turnovers, poor officiating, switching on defense every possession and D'antoni's philosophy not fouling up 3 in the final seconds. Yes Pierce is clutch but that game was more about things like that then having a closer.

8 seed beating a 1 seed? I think I only know of 2 off the top of my head. Knicks in 99 after the lockout and Gs beating Dallas.

All those team have is good players, chemistry, play good defense and have good coaching. Those things are pretty useful.
Grizzlies beat the Spurs last year and the Nuggets beat the Sonics in '94.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-04-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I am quite the basketball troll aren't I?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Grizzlies beat the Spurs last year and the Nuggets beat the Sonics in '94.
Ok so 4 still proves the overall point that it isn't likely to happen.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Also none of those teams are as good as Miami is this year.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks are not as good as BBD is saying and they're not as bad as some of you are saying. Let's leave it at that and move on.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gerald green is awesome. he jumps so high.

and I will say this last point and move on: the knicks are under .500. that is all
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
except Iggy would shut down these closers.

also, Kris Humphries just ripped a hole in the space time continuum with a silly tip slam off a D-Will miss.
I love me some Iggy but that's no given. Melo could be able to beat him one on one and it wouldn't exactly be a shock. He's bigger and stronger with a great post game and when he's hot even Iggy won't stop him from shooting. Plus there's still a lot of season left and the knicks still have a lot of moving pieces that could go a lot of different ways, if things keep going the way they have been and the team keeps growing and taking steps they very well could be able to roll the 6ers by playoff time even if they manage to focus on stopping Melo and force him to dish the ball. There's still a lot that can go right for the Knicks and they don't need all of it to for them to be good enough to lose to Miami or Chicago, although if it all does go right they could do better even than that.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
gerald green is awesome. he jumps so high.

and I will say this last point and move on: the knicks are under .500. that is all
Old 03-04-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
When the Knicks win in the playoffs, I'm gonna come back in this thread and laugh in everyone's faces.

Philly. Atlanta. Pacers. Give me a break.

You know what? Now i want to play 1 of those 3 teams first. Just so when we stomp them out, I can come back in here and tell you guys I told you so.

I remember last year when everyone was like "you can't trade all your starters for Melo!!1111"

And all that bench is so important ******** when I said you can easily replace your bench. Our bench and starting units are both infinitely better this year than last year.

I also can't wait until everyone realizes Gortat is a mediocre Center that's way overhyped on this forum.
And we cant wait to point and laugh at you when we will tell "we told you so". You know, kinda like last year when you hyped up the Knicks. That worked out well.

BBD your a cool dude, but maaaaan. You and your Knicks homerism.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Also none of those teams are as good as Miami is this year.
-'94 Nuggets won because it was a 5 game series and Dikembe was full of ridiculous amounts of energy to drive them...plus his D
-'99 Knicks were in the midst of a completely weird season, and they underperformed to all hell in the regular season.....plus, 5 games again
-Warriors had the Mavs old coach, and he knew exactly what they were doing at every step. The GS crowd was also ******* nuts, and their team had more energy than any team i had ever seen
-Grizzlies last year just beat up an old ass Spur team (awareness for this year when the Spurs lose in the first round again)

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-04-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Quote:
Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
And we cant wait to point and laugh at you when we will tell "we told you so". You know, kinda like last year when you hyped up the Knicks. That worked out well.

BBD your a cool dude, but maaaaan. You and your Knicks homerism.
I fully admit I'm a Knicks homer. I'm not like this with football, but I love me some Knicks to a point of delusion.

But I still stand by my statements. I fully expect us to win a playoff series this season, unless we play Miami in the 1st round. Maaaybe the Bulls will beat us too, and Boston would beat us as well, but we won't play Boston in the 1st round.

But give me Philly, Atlanta, or Indiana in the 1st round and I'm taking the Knicks all day. I won't retract from that.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Old 03-04-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
The Knicks are not as good as BBD is saying and they're not as bad as some of you are saying. Let's leave it at that and move on.
seriously people calm down. knicks fan here and i can see both sides of the argument. with the onset of the whole jeremy lin saga, the knicks have been glamorized and now they're falling back to earth as teams gameplan better defensively against lin. melo still isn't 100% and is still rusty with his game. stat hasn't shown that he's the same player as he was in a suns uniform. but like other knicks fans have mentioned, there is a solid and deep squad that could be very dangerous in the playoffs. and the potential for success is definitely there. the knicks are by no means there yet and who knows if they can play at their potential.

right now it's only speculative with the playoffs 30ish games away but i'd take the knicks playing at their potential easily over the hawks and magic. sixers are a very solid team with great young pieces but no one knows how they'll fare in the playoffs. i'd like to say the knicks' experience will give them the series over the sixers but it's close.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote