Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I know at this point it's probably a pipe dream, but can you imagine how much I'm gonna gloat if the Knicks do somehow miraculously beat the Bulls?

I'd come in here and take the biggest dump on this thread, they'd have to ban me from the forum.

I don't hide my Knick homerism. I still believe. I BELIEVE!!! <///3333
You mean in the playoffs or the game in like a week?

I can't wait for the game coming up. Sucks that Deng, Watson, and Rip will all probably still be out, though. No Deng defending Melo is gonna suck. Brewer is gonna have to take him, with Korver on Fields. What are the chances NY starts Shumpert just to guard Rose? If not, Rose will abuse Lin up and down the court all day.

Edit: Oh damn, that games tomorrow. Awesome.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 03-11-2012 at 03:26 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Iowa The Knicks are not going into Chicago tomorrow and winning. If BBD tells you otherwise he is lying to himself.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe!!!!

</3

******* Knicks :(
Old 03-11-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a difference between believing in your team, and saying you aren't afraid/expect them to beat much better teams in the playoffs. I believed in the Tigers in the playoffs and predicted them to beat the Yankees, but I wasn't saying "Oh they don't scare me" during the entire portion of the series.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think the Knicks are playing up to their potential. This team is a lot better than this. They shouldn't struggle this much.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're really not. They have one star and unlike Denver, they don't really complement Melo all that well. Even AI/Melo had considerably better chemistry (and George Karl didn't hurt).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-11-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo isn't the reason Lin hasn't been playing well lately. The reason Lin hasn't been playing well lately is because he's not good
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think a fresh start with a new coach is what we need. It has to be a coach with credibility though. Which isn't easy to find.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks needed a fresh start with a new coach after about 10 games into the pringles regime. Guy is just not a good coach at all and tries to hide it by having his teams score 120 pts a game. It's especially worse when the game plan to get to 120 is "Just do whatever Melo wants."

Not sure who the Knicks should get if they were to replace him though. Who would even be available and a legitimate candidate..

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched all but the last 9ish minutes of the 76ers game. Being a 76er fan, it was nice seeing our bench come big (like normal) Jrue took too many shots, Turner had 7 rebounds in the 1st quarter, Lou was on fire for the most part.... Id say we are one big away from being a legit contender. Would love to see Nocioni be moved for something.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
tyson put up 8 and 12...which is about normal Tyson numbers. I'm just saying, Philly stuck it to the Knicks in that 3rd quarter.

Don't use health as an excus and getting hot and being cold? Oh. The Nets are cold every game and our opponents are hot, but if it's the other way around, we're set for a playoff run. Come on, Philly was hot because the Knicks don't have perimeter defense and they were cold because Philly has a top 5 defense in the league.
I didn't want to make it seem like I'm excusing the Knicks. Philly took it to them in that third quarter and if that were to happen in the playoffs the Knicks would have a very hard time not getting wrecked. But that's why I pointed out things that I think could very easily change, Tyson put up numbers, but he wasn't as smooth out there as he normally is and wasn't rotating over to guys as quickly as he normally does which is why Philly was able to convert so effectively off of their penetration. That's something that I think could easily change in a potential playoff matchup, thus why I mentioned it.

Lou Williams was scorching hot, he's a good scorer and I don't want to say that he only scored because he was hot because that would false, he's a talented player who played a good game, but in that 3rd quarter he was unsustainably hot, he wasn't just scoring a lot, he was scoring on back to back deep 3s with a hand in his face and not just when he was left wide open. The kid was sinking the type of shots you can't even be mad about losing to.

And the knicks weren't just cold because of how well philly's d were playing, they were missing shots that they hit against other teams with good D, the Knicks missed like a dozen layups in that second half that just kept killing their momentum.

Congrats to Philly, but this game just didn't show me anything from Philly that I think the Knicks won't be able to overcome, come playoff time, as long the team can break out of this funk and start improving again.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's the problem. I have no idea who would be a legit candidate to replace him.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rondo is ******* killing it right now. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's the problem. I have no idea who would be a legit candidate to replace him.
Well, at least you're not as bad as Knick fans on realgm that believe it's not a matter of if they can get Thibs away from the Bulls, just a matter of when they decide to fire pringles.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-11-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well, at least you're not as bad as Knick fans on realgm that believe it's not a matter of if they can get Thibs away from the Bulls, just a matter of when they decide to fire pringles.
I have my moments. Like, basically every moment I've had in this thread over the past year and a half.

I'm actually not that bad outside this forum. There's just something about this thread that unleashes the Knick homer in me.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

What exactly would another coach do? The Knicks just aren't that talented, they aren't. Tyson is overpaid to all hell for being a defensive center who can protect the rim but has little offensive skills, Amar'e is just not that good anymore, Melo is still eliteish but he needs a team around him that actually fits him (this doesn't), Lin is an average to slightly above average point guard, and Shumpert/Fields/the like are solid roleplayers at best. This isn't the Heat, with two top 5 players and a damn good power forward, this is just an average team with one top 15 player.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-11-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You basically just said without saying it that the Knicks are a decent team. Yet we're 5 games under .500.

You can't tell me this team is as bad as it's record indicates. There's no way.

If we have solid role players, an average to slightly above average PG, a good defensive Center and a eliteish star how on earth are we below 500?

They need to move in a different direction with a different coach. I'm so tired of seeing D'Antoni get out coached in literally every single close game moment we face. He's just so awful.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys are being too brutal. This was a terrible season for the knicks. Toney Douglas was the longest tenured knick when the season started, we didn't get a single point guard into the lineup until Lin showed up and he's still really inexperienced. We've missed games from each of our big 3 Melo, Amar'e and Chandler. And the chemistry just isn't there. This is a team that needed time to figure things out and what they got was a season that almost cut out practice time entirely.

All that said I'm glad I didn't end up getting tickets to the game tomorrow. The April matchup is much more appealing a game to go to and will be the week before my birthday.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 03-11-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You basically just said without saying it that the Knicks are a decent team. Yet we're 5 games under .500.

You can't tell me this team is as bad as it's record indicates. There's no way.

If we have solid role players, an average to slightly above average PG, a good defensive Center and a eliteish star how on earth are we below 500?

They need to move in a different direction with a different coach. I'm so tired of seeing D'Antoni get out coached in literally every single close game moment we face. He's just so awful.
But they aren't a team that can beat Indiana or Philly in a 7 game series.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

The knicks just don't have many guys who natural playmakers, the type of guys that have been setting different types of guys up for years and so can quickly figure out how to get the ball to new team-mates. It's why Baron is the only guy who's done a good job getting the ball to Amar'e when Stat's expecting it, he has that experience that guys like Lin, Melo, Shump and Smith don't.

Just look at the way Lin sets up Chandler vs the way he sets up Amar'e. He's looking for both of them but with Amar'e just doesn't deliver the ball to good spots, Stat's always got to reach for it and disrupt his move. When Lin sets up Chandler he doesn't need to take those split seconds to secure the ball and can go up faster. That to me points to a kid that's still learning how to pass to the guys he's playing with, something that just re-iterates my point about the lack of time the team has had to gel. Now that Melo and Stat are back he's getting overwhelmed and forcing things which is exacerbating his turnover issues.

This is a big problem but it's not the type of problem that can't fix itself over time. Now this season might just not be enough time for the Knicks to come together given how hectic the schedule is and the lack of an offseason/training camp. I don't think that means that the team needs to blow up the roster again and have the same problems next year instead of letting the guys actually develop chemistry because the pieces to be a contender are already in place if the chemistry improves and the young players keep learning. If we can get Pop, Adelman or Thibs to leave their current teams or for Phil Jackson to come out of retirement, then you shake things up at HC, but this roster doesn't need to be blown up again.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 03-11-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
There's no one as bad as knicks fans on realgm. There's like a half dozen posters on that board who are good and knowledgeable, only ones I can remember being J4remi, Alphadogz and Clyde_Style. Another half dozen that aren't bad and the rest are absolutely infuriating, even as a Knicks fan. I can't imagine how much they suck to deal with for fans of other teams.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th QTR KYRIE TIME

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
4th QTR KYRIE TIME
YEP. 10/10 from the line.

kyrie > wall

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
YEP. 10/10 from the line.

kyrie > wall
And pretty easily I might add. I really loved Kyrie coming out, but I didn't see Cleveland having this much success, this fast. Wall and McGee just need to leave that team and play with some players that know what they're doing and can teach them to play smart ball.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wall has been on fire since the allstar break and did best Irving in their head to head matchup, Wall is definitely the better passer, and unstoppable driving, Irving has the advantage with superior shooting and better half court game, but I think Wall is a guy who can be a #1 player if you surround in with shooters and big men who know what the hell they are doing, Irving is definitely a perrenial allstar in the making but I think he's a guy who needs to play with a dominant big man because he isn't an exceptional penetrator or passer, and he needs someone to draw in the defense so he can shoot.

And if we are comparing the 2's rookie seasons purely on a statistical standpoint:

John Wall: 16.4 ppg, 8.3 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.8 spg, 3.8 topg
Kyrie Irving:18.3 ppg, 5.4 apg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 spg, 2.9 topg

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 03-11-2012 at 08:32 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote