Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 04:58 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope if they know they'll lose in the next game they just brawl with the Heat stars. In which case #bostonsweepparty

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
HAHAHA. That was funny. :) The act was pitiful and it made me more enraged with the Heat than I already am.... but this reminds me of the olden day Pistons and Bulls. I hope Indy comes back hard and retaliates.

Suspension worthy? Definitely. He ignores the ball and goes straight for him. I don't care how stupid that choking thing was, this is pretty petty. A Pacer would have been ejected on the spot for that, same with the Haslem call.

But the NBA probably reacts more like this:

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/heat-ben...-pics-1757405/

The NBA sends a serious message with how they handle this. Obvious retaliation is within the rules now?

The series is probably over, but I hope the Pacers continue to rough the Heat up. They might not win, but they're definitely making the job easier for the Celtics. Kevin Garnett could score 25 every game. The Heat should live it up now, they can't keep this up.

Last edited by ShutDwn : 05-23-2012 at 10:31 AM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I think the Pacers have shown in this series is that they're a team on the come up. I was a big fan of how the team is built and I feel that they're a couple of moves away from being a legit contender. Hibbert needs to get tougher. The guy has so much skill and promise, but he disappears too often and plays soft every now and then. I wanna see this guy play strong for 4 quarters. When he does, he can dominate the game. But he doesn't do it consistently.

Playing tough is a personality trait, i'm not sure if you can teach it, but for them to take the next step as an organization, they need a perimeter guy who can get 20 a night consistently, and they need Hibbert to develop more.

But I like where they are moving forward. I don't think they're ready just yet, but in time, this can be a dangerous team in the future.

They'll lose to the Knicks in the Eastern Conference Finals next year.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HAHAHA. That was funny. :) The act was pitiful and it made me more enraged with the Heat than I already am.... but this reminds me of the olden day Pistons and Bulls. I hope Indy comes back hard and retaliates.
+1. I'm less concerned with a suspension as I am with the Pacers retaliating. If they don't respond early in game 6, they're basically submitting to Miami as the Heat's *****
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
One thing I think the Pacers have shown in this series is that they're a team on the come up. I was a big fan of how the team is built and I feel that they're a couple of moves away from being a legit contender. Hibbert needs to get tougher. The guy has so much skill and promise, but he disappears too often and plays soft every now and then. I wanna see this guy play strong for 4 quarters. When he does, he can dominate the game. But he doesn't do it consistently.

Playing tough is a personality trait, i'm not sure if you can teach it, but for them to take the next step as an organization, they need a perimeter guy who can get 20 a night consistently, and they need Hibbert to develop more.

But I like where they are moving forward. I don't think they're ready just yet, but in time, this can be a dangerous team in the future.

They'll lose to the Knicks in the Eastern Conference Finals next year.

#KnicksIn2013

Agreed. Hibbert needs to continue taking cues from Duncan.

This is what needs to happen for the Pacers: Deron Williams

I read this article, which is a bit lengthy but it makes some great points.

http://asubstituteforwar.com/2012/05...silly-reasons/

I don't know how much the big market matters to him though. I don't really consider Indy to be a small market.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron would be perfect for the Pacers. Him and Hibbert on the pick and roll can be deadly.

But he won't go there unfortunately.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
He winked, he ****** it all up ny winking. Cant wait to hear his quote on that, if its even worthy. Dont wink, go to the locker room after the game and high five or whatever they do.
Yeah, I didn't see the wink til after I posted...Pittman just an idiot and I hope he is gone for a while.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Pacers will retaliate and it won't be good for Lebron or the Heat...

Can I get a hell yeah? FINALLY... the NBA is back!
Well IDK if its that smart to go after LeBron too hard. Lets face it, there is a double standard. Going after a super star like LeBron gets u more than going after whatever the **** his first name is Stephenson. It shouldn't be that way, but it is the truth.

But yes, I've seen some people say its good to see the old NBA back...this was the way it was in the NBA..
Old 05-23-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's good for the NBA. The NBA has gotten real soft.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacers will blow their FA wad on Eric Gordon anyway.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Hibbert drop a ************.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Chandler would.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 05-23-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo also would have done what Granger couldn't.

Knicks. (10 char)
Old 05-23-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deron would be perfect for the Pacers. Him and Hibbert on the pick and roll can be deadly.

But he won't go there unfortunately.
what makes Hibbert a better option on a pick+roll or pick+pop than Lopez? Brook is a great offensive player
Old 05-23-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what makes Hibbert a better option on a pick+roll or pick+pop than Lopez? Brook is a great offensive player
Hibbert plays soft sometimes. Lopez plays soft all the time. That's the difference between them.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Hibbert plays soft sometimes. Lopez plays soft all the time. That's the difference between them.
I don't disagree that he's soft. he's a ***** on defense and a terrible rebounder. but he's one of the best offensive centers in the league, especially from mid-range.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Melo also would have done what Granger couldn't.

Knicks. (10 char)
MWP?? anybody? Dude wouda shanked somebody haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hibbert is who he is. He'll never change. He'll always leave you wanting more out of him. You can't all of a sudden have the personality and toughness of Kevin Garnett.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Hibbert is who he is. He'll never change. He'll always leave you wanting more out of him. You can't all of a sudden have the personality and toughness of Kevin Garnett.
Kevin Garnett is not tough. He's the biggest fake tough guy in the league.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Pacers will blow their FA wad on Eric Gordon anyway.
I'm not sure if you mean blow as in waste their money or in the sense that they'll spend it all on him but either way, I think he'll be a great addition for that team. Paul George has emerged which really opens up a lot for Indiana. They have Barbosa's 7+ mil coming off the books upon elimination. The key to all of this is going to be Granger. I like Granger a lot, moreso now than before the Miami series. I don't know what the Pacers thought process is for Granger but it seems like he'll have to be moved if they pursue Gordon.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's gotten by with intimidation for this long. Didn't Charlie Villanueva call him out?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
KG has been one of the toughest players to play against in the league. He's no longer at the top of his game, but he can still get in your head like nobody's business. But you're right, if you're talking putting someone in the ring, he's not that guy.

As for Hibbert, he's soft mentally. That's why he disappears in games and isn't as dominating as he could be. Being tough, starts in your head first. Thus the reference to KG. Hibbert just doesn't have the mentality.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
KG has been one of the toughest players to play against in the league. He's no longer at the top of his game, but he can still get in your head like nobody's business. But you're right, if you're talking putting someone in the ring, he's not that guy.

As for Hibbert, he's soft mentally. That's why he disappears in games and isn't as dominating as he could be. Being tough, starts in your head first. Thus the reference to KG. Hibbert just doesn't have the mentality.
I can see that. I'll agree with that.

Hibbert isn't an intense guy. But to be fair, Duncan isn't demonstrative either yet he has the hardware. Hibbert just needs to stop loafing for 2 out of 4 quarters.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Its funny to think that Haslem might be suspended to protect Wade and Lebron. I dont expect the Pacers to let this slide with no punishment after the Bird comment, if that means taking it amongst themselves.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Its gonna be hard though, bc Stern is gonna have the refs favor the Heat, plus the refs will call this game tight in general, so the opportunity might not present itself.