Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True he was terrible outside of immediate range this year. I know a lot of people had him projected at 3 coming out. I wonder if we will make a play for Nicholas Batum or another FA this off season if we amnesty blatche, but out Rashad we will have roughly 11,552,325 cap space. I think Batum will be the best fit out of all FA, I dont think we have a shot for Gordon honestly. We will see if Portland will match any offers. If we dont get him or any other fairly big FAs we should be able to afford a match contract next off season so it should be interesting
Old 05-27-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Greatest picture ever
Old 05-27-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yeah I would take both of them. I still wish we tried to make Vesley a SF but it seems we are hell bent on making him a 4 or even a 5. If we dont get #1 I hope we dont get Beal. I tihnk he will be a good player but just not top 5 good I dont see the hype in him.
If the Wizards take Beal, it'd be a travesty. The worst the Wizards can pick is 4th. This would assure that one of Anthony Davis, Thomas Robinson, MKG or Andre Drummond would be available.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah we will see. I really dont get the hype on Beal. 44% from the field and 34% from 3s for a guy who is supposedly is a lights out shooter is not impressive.

I would rather get Lamb later in the lottery through a trade then Beal at 2.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
If the Wizards take Beal, it'd be a travesty. The worst the Wizards can pick is 4th. This would assure that one of Anthony Davis, Thomas Robinson, MKG or Andre Drummond would be available.
Drummond to the Wiz would be HILARIOUS, considering how lazy and bustworthy he is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream scenario for the Hornets would be landing Anthony Davis and Kendall Marshall or Zeller. Realistically, I want MKG and Tyler Zeller.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Grunfield goes only on talent so it wouldnt shock me. But after he realized McGee/Young/Blatche were worthless he still kept drafting projects except they actually kind of care. Vesley/Booker/Wall all have hustle and intensity that the dumb 3 never had.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yeah we will see. I really dont get the hype on Beal. 44% from the field and 34% from 3s for a guy who is supposedly is a lights out shooter is not impressive.

I would rather get Lamb later in the lottery through a trade then Beal at 2.
Eric Gordon's one year at Indiana: 43.3% from the field, 33.7% from three point line, so eerily similar. Kevin Martin was 33% from three in college. Michael Redd shot 31% from three in college. I would love to have Beal on the Wizards. He does compare favorably to Gordon except not in the same realm as an athlete. MKG is still my #1 prospect for the Wizards after Davis. As long as we end up with Davis, MKG, Thomas Robinson, or Beal I'll be happy. Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, and Drummond would not be bad consolation prizes at all. Anyone outside of those 7 would be horrible. Wizards just need to say no to Rivers, Zeller, or Perry Jones.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginobili is completely outplaying Harden, and Gawd Perkins is so unbelievably worthless on offense.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vesley needs to stay at the 4, he could maybe one day develop into an off brand Paul Gasol if he put on some weight and developed his game further.

at this point I like MKG over Beal, but if we took MKG we'd have not one guy who you can count on to make a jump shot in our starting 5. That scares me..
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah Nene being our best shooter is a bit of a problem lol but you gotta love MKG intangibles. And about those players listed STRIP, they are all pretty good but I sitll would take MKG due to his attitude/athletic ability over them. We will see I just hope we dont get ****** over in the lottery. If we somehow won Davis that would be unreal.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Difference between Parker and Westbrook is intelligence and control. Parker can play fast as hell but he is always in control. Westbrook as talented as he is he basically decides if he's going to shoot or drive once he takes that first step.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

BTW Ravens don't rule out the Wizards seeing if they can offer Jeff Green something the Celts won't match. He's a good value if medically he checks out.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a couple of shooters the Wizards could trade for.........

If we don't win the lottery and get stuck with the 9th pick.. how about Gordon, Villanueva, Daye, and #9 for Shard?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah I read that we will go after him too. It would be cool seeing us get a hometown product. Wouldnt be a bad pick up we will see with that heart condition though.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamb would be a nice fit for the Wiz. I think Lamb will be a damn good player. Not an insane athlete, but a good one. Can play off the ball well. Just a flat out scorer in so many different ways. Plus his god like wing span for a guy his size.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person that's already over how much the Spurs are getting slurped? I get the win streak, but I thought they looked pretty human last night. The Thunder only needed to play smarter basketball. And by that I mean Westbrook needs to stop shooting jumpers. Every possession in the fourth seemed to be a jump shot with no rebounder even inside the arc.

What was with Ibaka on the bench?

LeBron and Wade are so far ahead of Durant and Westbrook in terms of two players working off each other.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Lamb would be a nice fit for the Wiz. I think Lamb will be a damn good player. Not an insane athlete, but a good one. Can play off the ball well. Just a flat out scorer in so many different ways. Plus his god like wing span for a guy his size.

some wizards fans see a lot of Nick Young in him and thats scaring them we will see. I could see ernie pulling the trigger on him honestly. I could see us taking Perry Jones too.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Am I the only person that's already over how much the Spurs are getting slurped? I get the win streak, but I thought they looked pretty human last night. The Thunder only needed to play smarter basketball. And by that I mean Westbrook needs to stop shooting jumpers. Every possession in the fourth seemed to be a jump shot with no rebounder even inside the arc.

What was with Ibaka on the bench?

LeBron and Wade are so far ahead of Durant and Westbrook in terms of two players working off each other.
That's bc Westbrook thinks he's the alpha of the team. I've long believed that the Thunder made a mistake not trading Westbrook for CP3. CP3 and Durant would be unstoppable.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone likes to dump on Russell Westbrook, but his numbers are actually very similar to Derrick Rose's, who is just as guilty of launching 18-20 shots per game to score 22 points.

Westbrook: .457/.316/.823, 23.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.7 spg, 3.6 topg

Rose: .435/.312/.812, 21.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 7.9 apg, 0.9 spg, 3.1 topog
Old 05-28-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Everyone likes to dump on Russell Westbrook, but his numbers are actually very similar to Derrick Rose's, who is just as guilty of launching 18-20 shots per game to score 22 points.

Westbrook: .457/.316/.823, 23.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.7 spg, 3.6 topg

Rose: .435/.312/.812, 21.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 7.9 apg, 0.9 spg, 3.1 topog
The difference is Rose doesn't have anyone on the team that he should defer to. Westbrook does.

If Rose was doing the same thing with Kevin Durant on the team, then yeah sure he'd get just as much blame. Rose scores bc he has to score, he's the only scorer on his team. Westbrook has the 2nd best scorer in the league on his team and he doesn't feed him enough.

I do believe that Rose is this generation's AI in a sense though. The Bulls are built just like AI's Sixers.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Thunder lose Westbrook gets **** on. Yet in his good games no one on the board says ****. There's straight up games where he carried them to a win and when his jumper is on, he's unstoppable.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I would like to blame Russell he is vital to the Thunder winning games. If he isn't scoring then things go south. I don't expect him & KD to miss dunks like they did and have as many rim outs in the coming games. The Spurs are beatable.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
When the Thunder lose Westbrook gets **** on. Yet in his good games no one on the board says ****. There's straight up games where he carried them to a win and when his jumper is on, he's unstoppable.
and when he's missing... well, his desire to take jumpers is still unstoppable.

though I have thought for a while that if you were to put Westbrook on Chicago, they'd be just as good. no slight intended to Rose, though, since I think the Thunder would be better with Rose as he is better at creating for teammates and would probably know when to defer

Last edited by sbh15 : 05-28-2012 at 11:55 AM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's bc Westbrook thinks he's the alpha of the team. I've long believed that the Thunder made a mistake not trading Westbrook for CP3. CP3 and Durant would be unstoppable.
Everyone always brings up how they should trade/should have traded Westbrook after a loss. You don't hear anything when they win. They have been a consistent 50 win team the past 3 years, made the Western Conference Finals the last 2 seasons and the arrow is pointing completely up, the entire core of the roster is improving every year.

Yet everyone just wants to trade away a prime player in this offense. It would make sense if they were like the Hawks and had been getting kicked out of the 1st and 2nd round year after year after year. It makes no sense to try and come up with trade scenarios for a very sucessful team that has improved every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post

And? We are talking about one guy who is a 3 time MVP and another guy who was the Finals MVP, and both guys are top 3 players in the entire NBA. They should play better working off eachother then guys that are 22/23 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote