Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Bargnani. What is Rpy?

I wonder if people still think I'm crazy for saying that the Heat were still the third best team in the East after Wade went down. Looks all but inevitable that they'll pass the Wizards at some point before the end of the season.
SORRY, i meant Brandon Roy

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna start a Forum NBA Mock probably after the tourney but possibly earlier if enough interest but just want to know the initial interest from people and if everyone can stay active on this one.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Gonna start a Forum NBA Mock probably after the tourney but possibly earlier if enough interest but just want to know the initial interest from people and if everyone can stay active on this one.
That would be pretty sweet let me know if you are going to go through with it later

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would definitely wait until after. The last one didn't turn out so well and there wasn't anything going on. People will be to interested in the tounament and won't make their picks. I usually always make my picks, but if there was a game on I wouldn't be paying much attention to this.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
I'd definitely be in.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Microphon200
Rookie

Microphon200 smells like sex panther.

Roy Hibbert of Georgetown is a terrible athlete. He can't run the floor well and is slow as molasses. The only reason for his success is his size. And also, concerning his size, he needs to slim down because he's in terrible shape.
Microphon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microphon200 View Post
Roy Hibbert of Georgetown is a terrible athlete. He can't run the floor well and is slow as molasses. The only reason for his success is his size. And also, concerning his size, he needs to slim down because he's in terrible shape.
Just as any other NBA big man prospect he needs work and conditioning is a factor but don't think he's just a big stiff who happens to block shots and grab rebounds because of size. First off his fundamentals are excellent and he has great footwork and has develop true moves in the point, so much more than Aaron Gray. He has great touch around the hoop and from the Freethrow line is better than most guards at around 80%, he is also one of the top passing bigmen playing in the princeton offense and he can put the ball on the ground. Defensively he needs to work on avoiding cheap fouls but his athleticism combined with his size make him a very good NBA prospect, first round for sure top 20 more likely whenever he comes out.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

i picke almond

Old 03-12-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I'd definitely be in.
i would too

Old 03-12-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Watch out but with a dominating tournament Scottie Reynolds might just bolt with a terribly weak PG class much to the chagrin of NOVA fans, but just warning you guys beware.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Watch out but with a dominating tournament Scottie Reynolds might just bolt with a terribly weak PG class much to the chagrin of NOVA fans, but just warning you guys beware.
true, the only good PGs are Marco Benelli-italy / and Acie Law

damn this is the year of the frontcourt for sure. no PGs what so ever

Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post

Neither of who are true PG's, Belenelli is more like a slightly better Marko Jaric. Acie Law is a true combo guard and needs to work on PG skills I have a feeling from what I am hearing that Sean Singletary is gonna bolt he to is a combo guard and would go late first-early 2nd. Aaron Brooks, Jamon Gordon, JR Reynolds both combo guards and probably 2nd rounders. That's why I think Mustafa Shakur will go round 1 after being a huge disappointment prior to this year.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Neither of who are true PG's, Belenelli is more like a slightly better Marko Jaric. Acie Law is a true combo guard and needs to work on PG skills I have a feeling from what I am hearing that Sean Singletary is gonna bolt he to is a combo guard and would go late first-early 2nd. Aaron Brooks, Jamon Gordon, JR Reynolds both combo guards and probably 2nd rounders. That's why I think Mustafa Shakur will go round 1 after being a huge disappointment prior to this year.
i agree with the mustafa comment

Old 03-12-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

If I were to make a projection this early I say Mustafa Shakur to the Suns at pick #29.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post

Marco isn't a PG, he's a SG and yes Law is about it for true PGs

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
If I were to make a projection this early I say Mustafa Shakur to the Suns at pick #29.
i say he goes to san antonio in round 2 pick 34

Old 03-12-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, okay Ghetto your new name is Mr.Basketball

As for this years draft, I'm not as excitted as I was in previous years pretty much because the Raptors and doing well, but that's fine with me. I reall wanted Marco Belinelli to come to the international city, as Parker isn't that good. He is solid on defense and rebounding and he'd be a great bench guy but a starter has to score and I just don't like his offensive game. We don't need a center like people think, Bosh and Bargnani have been sureing up that spot together. So for me it's a SG or SF in the draft. I really hope we could trade up to grab Belinelli but I think the NFL has gotten to me, and I don't see Colangelo trading up really. I'd love Marcus Williams also he'd be perfect being a SG/SF tweener.

I know you love to hate Joakim Noah but c'mon that dance was tighhhhhhhhht :p
Old 03-12-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
wow, okay Ghetto your new name is Mr.Basketball

As for this years draft, I'm not as excitted as I was in previous years pretty much because the Raptors and doing well, but that's fine with me. I reall wanted Marco Belinelli to come to the international city, as Parker isn't that good. He is solid on defense and rebounding and he'd be a great bench guy but a starter has to score and I just don't like his offensive game. We don't need a center like people think, Bosh and Bargnani have been sureing up that spot together. So for me it's a SG or SF in the draft. I really hope we could trade up to grab Belinelli but I think the NFL has gotten to me, and I don't see Colangelo trading up really. I'd love Marcus Williams also he'd be perfect being a SG/SF tweener.

I know you love to hate Joakim Noah but c'mon that dance was tighhhhhhhhht :p
i hate that dance
if only charlotte didnt hvae our pick. we coulde prolly get some one like Mcroberts or hansbrough. I'd love if we got Morris Almond or Belinelli though. (licking ,y lips)

Old 03-12-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

For the upcoming forum mock these are the underclassmen I could think of who I will make eligible to picking so post here any names you think I should add that I would consider, this is a pretty huge list and will probably remove guys but what are your opinons?:

Greg Oden
Kevin Durant
Brandan Wright
Al Horford
Julian Wright
Jeff Green
Joakim Noah
Hasheem Thabeet(Debated this one but thought for a forum mock it's fine)
Spencer Hawes
Thaddeus Young
Javaris Crittenton(No good PG's in the draft, Thad possibly leaving so I have him leaving too)
Nick Young
Corey Brewer
Chase Budinger
Aaron Afflalo
Josh McRoberts
Marcus Williams
Daequan Cook
Jason Smith
Sean Singletary
Sean Williams
DJ White
Taurean Green(I project leaving with the 4 other Gators)
Roy Hibbert

International Folks:
Yi Jianlian
Marco Belinelli
Rudy Fernandez
Tiago Splitter
Marc Gasol
Sun Yue
Ali Traore
Marko Tomas
Mirza Begic
Ante Tomic
Uros Tripkovic
Goran Dragic

Old 03-12-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Ghetto what do you think of Indiana's DJ White? NBADraft.net currently has him as a late first rounder this year which came as a big surprise to me.
I think it'll be a mistake for White to declare this year, and I'm not just saying that because I'm an IU fan.

There are still flaws in his game that he CAN fix, and if he does, his stock could go up significantly next season.

My scouting report on him:

Positives: Great wingspan....very good shot-blocker....excellent athletic ability for his size....when he's agressive he gets a pretty good number of offensive rebounds....solid post scorer, with potential to improve....has frame to add more muscle....shows a good shooting touch...could in time develop into a good mid-range shooter....has ability to play either a 4 or a 3....Pretty good on the fast break.

Negatives: Not a very good shooter, not a lot of range....passing ability is below-average....has problems passing out of the double-team....doesn't always use his great physical gifts well....not a very good ball-handler....rebounding still needs work...gets in foul trouble frequently....bites too much on ball fakes...he has gotten bigger, but isn't really muscular....body is still kinda soft, needs to hit the weights.

Overall: He looks great at times, but also disappears in stretches. His shot can and needs to improve, as he won't be able to dominate in the post in the NBA. He has pretty good upside, but isn't even close to fullfilling it at this point.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Marco isn't a PG, he's a SG and yes Law is about it for true PGs
He actually has played a lot of PG for Balogna but yeah as an NBA prospect SG is more likely.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

mike conley
spencer hawes
chase budinger

* none of them should leave though

Old 03-12-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are any of these good players actually going to stay to play next year, or are they all just gonna bolt? I hear that Tyler Hansbrough wants to stay for all 4 years. I like him.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Bargnani keeps putting his double-digit scoring with less playing time than Broy, it could be his. Either way, if Broy wins, I would still rather have Bargs. He's such a smooth shooter, there's no one else I'd rather taking the game winner. He's improving on his driving so much as well. The guy is awesome.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be in on a forum mock. And if I end up going to Nova (I don't know if I'm in yet) I'd be pretty disappointed if he left.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote