Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
They were unable to get to the rim the entire game... why would the Celtics D allow that on the final play?
Drive and kick or stop and pull up from 15 then. I really don't know why I'm getting such a big argument against this. Its the one hole in Wade's offensive game and that's what he decided to rely on with the potential game winning shot.

It's like Dwight Howard taking a 15 footer in that situation.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only the ball was in Rio's hands on that play. What could have been.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yeah, but Lebron dishing it off to Udonis Haslam is a great play...right?
LeBron took one step toward the basket and Garnett flew towards him, so yes, him attempting a pass is better than attempting a long jumper doubled teamed when one of those guys is ******* Kevin Garnett.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
LeBron took one step toward the basket and Garnett flew towards him, so yes, him attempting a pass is better than attempting a long jumper doubled teamed when one of those guys is ******* Kevin Garnett.
Yeah I would wait till there was 5 seconds left on the clock to make that play too if I was the best player in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Drive and kick or stop and pull up from 15 then. I really don't know why I'm getting such a big argument against this. Its the one hole in Wade's offensive game and that's what he decided to rely on with the potential game winning shot.

It's like Dwight Howard taking a 15 footer in that situation.
They tried that with LeBron, he got triple teamed and made a **** pass to Haslem who took a horrible shot. They would have done the same had he penetrated at all.

He missed a wide open shot by a fraction of an inch. I understand that he misses a lot of threes but it was WIDE OPEN. If you had his stats for WIDE OPEN threes that would be a little more relevant. It was a practice shot that I'm sure he hits about 80-90% unguarded. He's still a professional ball player.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was a practice shot that I'm sure he hits about 80-90% unguarded. He's still a professional ball player.
Ok that's just untrue. Ray Allen doesn't even make 90% of his open threes, the percentage might be higher but its nowhere near that. Especially given the useless fadeaway that he threw in there.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I think we should quit debating whatever the **** u two are debating, and go back to Coach Spo. I could go to my local YMCA tomorrow to Happy Hoops and find a better coach than Coach Spo. 21.3 seconds left...here is what the Heat will do, dribble for 20 seconds, and throw up shot.
Are you sure that was the call though. John hollinger seems to think it was wade playing hero ball.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok that's just untrue. The percentage might be higher but its nowhere near that. Especially given the useless fadeaway that he threw in there.
OK. College guards hit unguarded threes at an 80-90% clip...

I mean you've clearly never seen high-level basketball players practice.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Are you sure that was the call though. John hollinger seems to think it was wade playing hero ball.
Well I was talking more about the end of regulation......
Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
OK. College guards hit unguarded threes at an 80-90% clip...
I think you watch a different sport. And you're still ignoring the fadeaway.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think you watch a different sport.
Edited. You've clearly never seen high-level basketball players practice.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
I've had NBA season tickets in the past.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think you watch a different sport. And you're still ignoring the fadeaway.
That's what felt natural to him. It's an art, not a science. I didn't hate it. The result was a perfectly on-line shot that was a fraction of an inch short...
Old 06-03-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Good lord. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

It was drawn up for Chalmers, they ran a double screen to get him open for a three.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I've had NBA season tickets in the past.
Practice is the key word...I know he wasnt in practice, but season tickets doesnt mean you got to see them practice.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Practice is the key word...I know he wasnt in practice, but season tickets doesnt mean you got to see them practice.
Because they don't shoot open threes in warmups?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Wade makes that shot it's still a bad play. The fact that he just missed doesn't make it any better.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Even if Wade makes that shot it's still a bad play. The fact that he just missed doesn't make it any better.
What should he have done? Gone to the rim, get triple-teamed, dish to Haslem and have him airball? He wasn't getting to the rim, the Celtics allowed nothing in the paint when they clamped down down the stretch. I guess he could have taken an 18 or 20-footer. I don't know. He was wide open thought...
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've gone a page without dissing on him...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...AEq1gUZsVdJcA2
Old 06-04-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, thats what I was saying about the Lebron play as well. They both ****** up IMO. But Wade got an open look so its hard for me to hate on him as much.
So Wade makes a ****** play, but he was open so it's ok, yet you're dissing on Lebron for when he was double and passed out to a wide open Haslem for a big shot.

nba discussion thread: where logic goes to die
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's okay to make stupid post as long as it's against LeBron.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwyane Wade shooting a 3 as time expires down 2 with all that time is a ******* AWFUL play. There is no justification for it at all.
One theory on the radio is that since they had no Lebron, Wade thought it was either win it now or lose in overtime. (since they were out manned)
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
So Wade makes a ****** play, but he was open so it's ok, yet you're dissing on Lebron for when he was double and passed out to a wide open Haslem for a big shot.

nba discussion thread: where logic goes to die
Lebron had 10 seconds on the ******* clock when he got the ball. Plenty of time to either get to the hoop or make a play, he waited till their was 5 seconds left to make his move and passed it to Udonis ******* Haslam. Wade got himself open for a game winning shot and had the sack to take it...he wanted the ball in that spot.

Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
It's okay to make stupid post as long as it's against LeBron.
What if its against the Heat?
Old 06-04-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe some of the **** I just read....my head hurts now and I feel like this thread just dropped my IQ a few points lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote