Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Oh no, only an arrogant prick like LeBron would leave Cleveland. EYEROLL!
No one hates LeBron for leaving Cleveland. Everyone hates LeBron for forming the big 3 in Miami and leading the entire league on for weeks during the whole process.

He could have went anywhere but Miami and he would've been fine. He destroyed his own brand and has no one to blame for it but himself.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No one hates LeBron for leaving Cleveland. Everyone hates LeBron for forming the big 3 in Miami and leading the entire league on for weeks during the whole process.

He could have went anywhere but Miami and he would've been fine. He destroyed his own brand and has no one to blame for it but himself.
I doubt its cuz he went to Miami...I am thinking it was the whole hour long TV show....
Old 06-10-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I doubt its cuz he went to Miami...I am thinking it was the whole hour long TV show....
It was the whole big 3 thing. In the spirit of competition, what he did was wrong.

It's like playing a pick up game of basketball at the park, the 2 best players are always on the opposite teams and they pick teams.

LeBron basically said, i'm gonna play with the other best player and we're just gonna troll on the rest of you and have fun doing it.

In the spirit of competition, it's just immoral. It feels tainted. He's not the only one guilty of it, but he's become the symbol of what's wrong with the current state of the NBA.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the Heat lose again people will stop hating him for taking the easy way out? But people that say that aren't exactly being rational so probably not.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sympathize much more with the Sonics fans. But then, I was also a devastated little Houston Oilers fan when they left Houston :(

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kyrie Irving is gonna be a hell of a player.......
I like you.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I wonder if the Heat lose again people will stop hating him for taking the easy way out? But people that say that aren't exactly being rational so probably not.
rational? **** YOUR LOGIC!

If the Heat win, it's clearly because of the refs. It's already been decided. Either way, you lose DG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the big 3 more than Lebron. he's really won me over individually during the playoffs. I think that the big 3 is just a cheap way to championship chase. if it gets broken up, I will immediately start rooting for Bron again, something I did not think I would do.

also, these playoffs have made me hate Wade much more than I'd ever hate Lebron. he is playing like **** and still carries himself like he's hot ****. the Heat would not be close to this far without Lebron. that simple
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was the whole big 3 thing. In the spirit of competition, what he did was wrong.

It's like playing a pick up game of basketball at the park, the 2 best players are always on the opposite teams and they pick teams.

LeBron basically said, i'm gonna play with the other best player and we're just gonna troll on the rest of you and have fun doing it.

In the spirit of competition, it's just immoral. It feels tainted. He's not the only one guilty of it, but he's become the symbol of what's wrong with the current state of the NBA.
Immoral in terms of competition? Hah. I don't see how. It's not like he started the "big 3" trend in the NBA. This has been the philosophy of many teams to try and win rings, including the team you root for. Every team is attempting to do this. If it's not a "big three" its certainly close to it. Paul going to the Clips, Gasol going to the Lakers, Melo and Amare going to the Knicks. Other teams have tried for it too, like the Nets.

I don't see how it's "immoral." It took a crap ton of planning and execution for the Heat to have the salary cap to make it go down. It's not like it's baseball where the Yankees can buy the best player year after year. And even then, that still has backfired on them for years now.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't see how it's "immoral." It took a crap ton of planning and execution for the Heat to have the salary cap to make it go down. It's not like it's baseball where the Yankees can buy the best player year after year. And even then, that still has backfired on them for years now.
It was definitely great planning to be able to clear all that space, but until this day I won't ever think that they weren't tampering, or planning the whole thing for years. Wouldnt be surprised one bit if Lebron knew the whole time he was in Cleveland that he wouldn't be coming back lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah I'm actually starting to hate Wade more than LeBron. And I hate how Wade gets a free pass from the Miami media.

And I hate the ultimate warrior Udonis Haslem too. He sucks hard, yet he's glamorized by the Miami media bc he's the only player on the team that doesn't have a vagina.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bucks fans are still pretty pissed about Kareem forcing a trade. That was, what, 40 years ago?

Because super-elite players (not to be confused with regular elite players) are so important and so rare, basketball fans completely lose their **** when they change teams.

Last edited by WCH : 06-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
if Mike Miller is manning up on Harden every time down the court, Harden will go for 30+ every game
This was the point young Caddawan.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

speak for yourself. the whole state of ohio would take a **** on him as soon as look at him. he was from akron and was a hometown kid who was on the verge of winning titles when he left town and abandoned the franchise he built out of the ashes after saying he would stay there and how much he loved the fans, etc. it's not like kareem where he played at UCLA and won a title in milwaukee before leaving. he lived in NE Ohio his entire life and had a lot of success but left without winning a title and tarnished his legacy. the whole "Decision" thing and the pep rally and being a coward with the whole superstar summit was just more layers on the cake. **** cake.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Him losing doesn't mean he didn't try and take the easy way out.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on an unrelated note, at the end of the season there should definitely be another one of those mock off-seasons
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Him losing doesn't mean he didn't try and take the easy way out.
Ding ding ding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
speak for yourself. the whole state of ohio would take a **** on him as soon as look at him. he was from akron and was a hometown kid who was on the verge of winning titles when he left town and abandoned the franchise he built out of the ashes after saying he would stay there and how much he loved the fans, etc. it's not like kareem where he played at UCLA and won a title in milwaukee before leaving. he lived in NE Ohio his entire life and had a lot of success but left without winning a title and tarnished his legacy. the whole "Decision" thing and the pep rally and being a coward with the whole superstar summit was just more layers on the cake. **** cake.
I don't blame you for feeling that way. I think LeBron James is a coward. I've said it for the past 2 years. He shown his true colors. It's just his mentality. Growing up he was a Cowboys, Yankees, and Bulls fan. All 3 teams were the championship teams of that time. He's a front runner basically. Is it surprising to us that a front runner decided to try to take the easy way out? It shouldn't. It's a part of his personality, and has been for awhile now.

We just didn't see it.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Kareem, why the hell hasn't anybody matched his skyhook? It's an incredibly simple shot, and if you're 7'0" or taller, it's almost unstoppable (especially if you have enough athleticism to have a counter-move).

This has bothered me for a while. Why hasn't a guy like Shawn Bradley or Yao Ming mastered it and become an unstoppable offensive weapon?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
speak for yourself. the whole state of ohio would take a **** on him as soon as look at him. he was from akron and was a hometown kid who was on the verge of winning titles when he left town and abandoned the franchise he built out of the ashes after saying he would stay there and how much he loved the fans, etc.
LeBron wasn't on the verge of winning titles in Cleveland. He had crappy supporting cast, we saw that last year and this year.If the Cavs were ran like the Lakers LeBron would have never left Cleveland.They get good players for free. Hell if the Cavs could draft like the Thunder, he would of stayed but its the Cavs.

Last edited by Complex : 06-10-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hahaha. You guys were not on the verge of winning anything. The only reason you came close to winning anything was because of LeBron and the minute he left you became the worst team in the NBA.

LeBron left Cleveland because in 7 seasons the Cavs failed to put one decent player next to him. When everyone in the NBA universe is calling him out for failing to do one thing (win a title) and your team is ran by idiots who think the answer to surround James is "talent" like Antawn Jamison and a washed up Shaq you're extremely misguided.

And BBD, please stop calling him a coward. If he'd come to the Knicks you'd be crapping yourself with joy and calling him "The King (10 char)." And LeBron isn't the only Cowboys/Yankees/Bulls fan. There are lots of them. That tends to happen when you grow up in a decade where all those teams are winning titles. My brother is Bulls fan. My dad is Cowboys fan. And god knows I know a ton of Yankees fans.

I'm no LeBron fan, but I've come to respect him more when you look others in the NBA, or even his teammate in Wade. Honestly, he reminds me of a big kid. Doesn't realize his actions might affect others negatively (The Decision). Considers himself special or "The Chosen One." But honestly, he doesn't seem like that bad of a guy at all. He might be immature but he's a pretty unselfish player when it comes down to it and has proven he wants to win above all else.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
LeBron wasn't on the verge of winning titles in Cleveland. He had crappy supporting cast, we saw that last year and this year.If the Cavs were ran like the Lakers LeBron would have never left Cleveland.They get good players for free. Hell if the Cavs could draft like the Thunder, he would of stayed but its the Cavs.
I'm not exactly sure you know how the draft works...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland had top 10 picks the three years prior to Lebron and the year after. They ended up with Chris Mihm, Desagna Diop, Dajuan Wagner, and Luke Jackson. That definitely had an impact on his supporting cast in Cleveland, at least in the early years.

Last edited by yo123 : 06-10-2012 at 08:38 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OKC in 5.....
Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Cleveland had top 10 picks the three years prior to Lebron and the year after. They ended up with Chris Mihm, Desagna Diop, Dajuan Wagner, and Luke Jackson. That definitely had an impact on his supporting cast in Cleveland, at least in the early years.
Only a fool would have stayed in Cleveland.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm no LeBron fan, but I've come to respect him more when you look others in the NBA, or even his teammate in Wade. Honestly, he reminds me of a big kid. Doesn't realize his actions might affect others negatively (The Decision). Considers himself special or "The Chosen One." But honestly, he doesn't seem like that bad of a guy at all. He might be immature but he's a pretty unselfish player when it comes down to it and has proven he wants to win above all else.
For about 10 years, all anybody ever said was that he was "The Chosen One." I first read about him in SLAM during (I think) his sophomore year of HS. Even then, everybody knew that he was going to be the ****. He was never cut from his HS team like Jordan; and he didn't struggle during the early part of his rookie year like Kobe and KG did after jumping from HS to the NBA. From the outside looking in, it seems like life has been pretty easy for LeBron. I'm not saying that to knock him, but it probably goes a long way toward explaining why he comes off as an arrogant ***** from time to time.

Last edited by WCH : 06-10-2012 at 08:45 PM.