Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Speaking of Kareem, why the hell hasn't anybody matched his skyhook? It's an incredibly simple shot, and if you're 7'0" or taller, it's almost unstoppable (especially if you have enough athleticism to have a counter-move).

This has bothered me for a while. Why hasn't a guy like Shawn Bradley or Yao Ming mastered it and become an unstoppable offensive weapon?
LOLOL Shawn Bradley I never thought I'd have to hear his name again, god he was a pain to watch.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was good at being tall!
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
LOLOL Shawn Bradley I never thought I'd have to hear his name again, god he was a pain to watch.
It's not his fault! The Monstars stole his talent.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one thing that sticks out to me though is how he's propped up by the media and espn. For example one thing that no one really noticed but that kind of bugged me was last year how they were saying Coach Spo wasn't letting the players be who they are and is too strict when all he really wanted was them to stop joking around so much during practice and take things more seriously. Obviously, spo came off as the villain in that scenario.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of Kareem, why the hell hasn't anybody matched his skyhook? It's an incredibly simple shot, and if you're 7'0" or taller, it's almost unstoppable (especially if you have enough athleticism to have a counter-move).

This has bothered me for a while. Why hasn't a guy like Shawn Bradley or Yao Ming mastered it and become an unstoppable offensive weapon?
A: It wouldn't be "unstoppable" in today's game and young guys don't want to look like complete dweebs mastering a goofy ass shot like that (ie the mentality of today's players).

B: Because guys like that typically get that tall from having some sort of disorder and never develop quick-twitch muscles or the flexibility it takes to be an elite athlete. It's impossible for them to ever be "explosive".
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yao was a really talented offensive player either way, he didn't really need the skyhook. Bradley was just tall.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yao was a really talented offensive player either way, he didn't really need the skyhook. Bradley was just tall.
Yao used the hook a decent amount, it was definitely part of his offensive repertoire.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Yao used the hook a decent amount, it was definitely part of his offensive repertoire.
Yes but it wasn't called the skyhook when he did it . That was just more of me reacting to him grouping a guy who would have been a hall of famer if not for foot injuries, with Shawn ******* Bradley.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guys who could use the skyhook these days all want to be perimeter players. Guys like Bosh, Garnett and Aldridge all come to mind, but all preferred to be perimeter players.

Call it the Jordan Effect.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes but it wasn't called the skyhook when he did it . That was just more of me reacting to him grouping a guy who would have been a hall of famer if not for foot injuries, with Shawn ******* Bradley.
He probably called it the Skry Rook amirite?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I wonder if the Heat lose again people will stop hating him for taking the easy way out? But people that say that aren't exactly being rational so probably not.
I mean a lot of players will go, yeah man, I can win a championship with Anderson Varejo as my #2 guy!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I just threw out the second tall guy that I thought of. I was immediately attacked by a giant spider. Karma.

Also, I would argue that Yao's hook shot was a very good hook shot, but it usually wasn't a skyhook. It wasn't even close, and that's why it wasn't called a skyhook when he did it. Yao had one of the best jump hooks in the league, and it was a hell of a move for him, but it certainly wasn't a skyhook. They're two different shots, and the mechanics of the two shots are completely different. They don't even really look the same when you watch them in action. That's possibly splitting hairs, though.

Last edited by WCH : 06-11-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Finals are gonna be ******* awesome to watch. Just hope the refs dont try too hard to help the Heat win like they did in the series against the Celtics. Still find it hilarious and predictable how LeBron had more FT's attempts in game 7 then the whole Celtics team. Yeah the refs sure dont help the Heat alright.....
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was the celtics strategy...

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
The Finals are gonna be ******* awesome to watch. Just hope the refs dont try too hard to help the Heat win like they did in the series against the Celtics. Still find it hilarious and predictable how LeBron had more FT's attempts in game 7 then the whole Celtics team. Yeah the refs sure dont help the Heat alright.....
If the Refs only needed to give him 17 free throws I don't think they had to try too hard.

The matchup problems LBJ causes can not be overstated. His jump shot is the only bailout a defender can really hope for.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty excited for this finals too, I still can't get over the age of their squad.

Kevin Durant 23
Russle Westbrook 23
James Harden 22
Serge Ibaka 22
Kendrick Perksin 27

They're going to a fun bunch to watch for the next generation of basketball players.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron James is a *****. *Fab 5 voice*

#KnicksIn2013
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
LeBron James is a *****. *Fab 5 voice*

#KnicksIn2013
Haha...I loved those guys.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the refs do help the Heat. Screw the Thunder.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

how can you hate the thunders?!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Like fenikz said, they were intentionally putting him on the line because he'd been sub par the entire playoffs from the line.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron played 48 minutes and had 0 fouls in game 7. That's interesting.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has already been stated. Lebron hadn't fouled out of a game in four years before game 5 (i think, may have been 6) of this series. Look at the amount of fouls called on him and how many are called against him. Simmons had posted the shot charts for the series, and the whole "The Heat just take it to the paint!" argument is bogus. They both attacked the paint the same way and there was a pretty drastic foul disparity.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I'm pretty excited for this finals too, I still can't get over the age of their squad.

Kevin Durant 23
Russle Westbrook 23
James Harden 22
Serge Ibaka 22
Kendrick Perksin 27

They're going to a fun bunch to watch for the next generation of basketball players.
Kendrick Perkins is the world's oldest 27 year old.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-11-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would help if he still had knees.