Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Stern said something along the lines of 'no professional journalists ever ask me that question' I realized that today Mike Francesa, the godfather of sports talk radio (the forum for all conspiracy theories and controversies before the internet), didn't mention it.

Even Jim Rome said he doesn't think it's rigged lol.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoa Jim Rome that? That settles it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Stern is such a tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Be honest, if the Cavs won the lottery you'd be crying 'rigged' also, correct?
No, I don't care. I was pointing to the fallacy of saying "it's not rigged because so and so was there." But then you have to realize, who is he for us to put all our trust in the expert testimony that we know very little about?

Last edited by soybean : 06-13-2012 at 04:53 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
No, I don't care. I was pointing to the fallacy of saying "it's not rigged because so and so was there." But then you have to realize, who is he for us to put all our trust in the expert testimony that we know very little about?
Stern, Woj, the 30 representatives, and every legitimate member of the media?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no matter who wins, it's rigged, which is annoying.

there will always be a theory regardless of who wins it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry for being naive, but where does it list who was in attendance? I tried googling it.

I'm completely serious and not trying to be stubborn.

Also, I may be wrong but I don't think 30 reps of each team are in the room? wouldn't that ruin the "surprise" of the announcement then?

Last edited by soybean : 06-13-2012 at 05:16 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012...draft-lottery/

It's only the 14 lottery teams. My mistake.

Last edited by gpngc : 06-13-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
The proof is in the pudding.

http://deadspin.com/5918141
Stern comes across as childish and unprofessional during this exchange. Stern knows the nature of the beast that comes with being a guest on Rome's radio show (which I happen to listen to nearly on a daily basis) and he got awfully defensive for someone who claims to be hiding nothing.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Nets won the lottery? Of course Stern wants Jay-Z, the new arena, BROOKLYN to get Davis!

KINGS? New arena. So obvious.

Cavs AGAIN!? Wow they aren't even trying to hide it, another gift after losing LeBron.

Bobcats? Michael Jordan can't mess this one up - the league wants him to do well as the most high-profile owner.

Blazers? Present for losing Oden, passing on Durant. So obvious.

SUNS? They want Nash to stay.

The only team I can't think of one is the Pistons because they are so bad.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Stern is a ******* douche bag.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reps aren't in the room are they?

It would be different if the NBA hasn't been suspected of fixing **** for over a decade. Stern is just a ******* douche bag.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
The reps aren't in the room are they?

It would be different if the NBA hasn't been suspected of fixing **** for over a decade. Stern is just a ******* douche bag.
14 of them are. And 4 members of the media including the guy who wrote a long, detailed piece about exactly what happened.

I'm sure you think the machine is rigged though.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything is always rigged, all the time.

Stop being annoying.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even care anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Stern comes across as childish and unprofessional during this exchange. Stern knows the nature of the beast that comes with being a guest on Rome's radio show (which I happen to listen to nearly on a daily basis) and he got awfully defensive for someone who claims to be hiding nothing.
The question was really 'What do you think about the notion that the lottery is rigged' but Rome asked it in a more direct way to get a more direct/less generic answer. Listening to it, I didn't feel like Rome baited him at all and was just giving him the opportunity to decisively dispel it. There was an easy way out of the question. Instead, Stern thought he was above being asked the question that is on every basketball fans' mind so he got all snakey and started attacking the interviewer. Weak. :/
Old 06-13-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Legion Sports: Gerald Wallace has told Nets officials that he will decline his $9.5 mil player option for next season and will become a free agent. Twitter
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A very simple way to stop these conspiracies is to just do the lottery live. It isnt that hard guys. I know the first time they did the lottery live Stern was acting nervous when he pulled the the Knicks card as they got Ewing but still it should be live and mostly everyone will shut up about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1kMlG8c7Y
Old 06-13-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast Stern's standing up for Kings fans. He basically told the Maloofs they there is no way that the league would approve the move to Anaheim and Sacramento's a great place to play. Would love to see the Kings stay there even if they are probably the only team with a chance of being a Sonics franchise in the next 5 years.

Last edited by asdf1223 : 06-13-2012 at 06:42 PM.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
A very simple way to stop these conspiracies is to just do the lottery live. It isnt that hard guys. I know the first time they did the lottery live Stern was acting nervous when he pulled the the Knicks card as they got Ewing but still it should be live and mostly everyone will shut up about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1kMlG8c7Y
Doesn't even have to be live. Show it delayed after the lottery results have been announced.

Or have representatives from each team in the room when it happens and keep them in that room until the results have been announced.

Or both, have team reps in the room to watch and then show the delayed viewing on TV for the rest of the public to see.

But you can't just show a delayed viewing if team reps aren't in the room. They'll just be acussed of filming it over and over again until they get the results they wanted. lol
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if it wasn't rigged, he's just hurting his image even more. The lockout/rejected CP3 trade already put him on thin ice.

There's a rumor that the Bulls could trade Noah and pick 29 to the Kings for Evans and the 5th pick. I really just hope that teams don't want Boozer, and not that Forman & company are refusing to trade him. Trading Noah for Evans would kill the chemistry.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The issue isn't if its rigged or not (I seriously doubt it is by the way), but the issue is the way that Stern, who is supposed to have a little more tact, handled it. Its not like Rome was being accusatory at all. Massive over reaction by the douchebag Stern.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Even if it wasn't rigged, he's just hurting his image even more. The lockout/rejected CP3 trade already put him on thin ice.

There's a rumor that the Bulls could trade Noah and pick 29 to the Kings for Evans and the 5th pick. I really just hope that teams don't want Boozer, and not that Forman & company are refusing to trade him. Trading Noah for Evans would kill the chemistry.

Why would the Kings even think about that? Sure you get a guy who helps playing defense(on a bad team let's not forget, Noah going to a contender makes a much bigger impact) but what do they do with the 29 pick? Why not trade Tyreke for a nice package on his own and draft what is still going to be a franchise player available at 5?

That doesn't even make a little bit of sense for the Kings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulls should go after Raymond Felton. I think he'd fit well. Well, at least what I remember seeing of him anyways. I just dont believe Kidd nor Nash would come here for one last gasp of a chance when our only superstar and good offensive player is on the bench in a suit. They could keep us afloat, but not make us better.

Has anyone heard anything about Jeff Green's heart condition?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get how the Hornets winning the lottery would imply that it's rigged? The team is sold, they don't need to do anything to move it now. It's a small market team with ordinary support.

I'd have thought if they were trying to rig the lottery there would be a dozen teams ahead of the Hornets on the list.

What am I missing?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote