Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Its getting ******* ludacris. Its every ******* game the Heat win, even if its by 33 ******* points. Yeah, we go to the line more. There were six free throws in there cuz the Thunder made stupid fouls while the Heat were shooting threes and they had to foul at the end of the game a few times. So yeah, we went to the line and we go the line more. Superstars get calls, if this is news to u, WOW, u are ******* blind.
Ya superstars get calls. However it seems when those other superstars go up against your superstars they get less then they usually do. I cant count how many times I have seen Wade and James barely get touched in a way that doesn't affect their shots in anyway get foul calls.

Only to watch on the other end that a player on the opposing team gets hit in a way that affects their shot more get no call. People are complaining cause it seems like Miami is getting yet another advantage despite being one the most talented teams.

Me personally idc anymore if the Heat win or lose however I understand why others can feel pissed off.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Pretty sure the FT's have been pretty damn even this entire series. Thunder got to the line plenty, they just sucked it up at the line and that is why they lost.

Even though I dislike the Heat part of me wants them to win just because I hate everyone acting so absurdly stupid after every game they play. I would love to see the Thunder win (even though Harden is becoming a player I genuinely hate) but it's funny how biased people are and only see what they want.

The Thunder lost because they were the inferior team this game.
I was barely paying attention this game while I was watching something else but I am guessing the Heat at least shot 10-12 more FT's tonight.

I can care less who wins or loses this series but I completely understand why people can be upset. When they watch a team loaded with talent and they feel are getting benefited by ref's and timely whistles.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ya superstars get calls. However it seems when those other superstars go up against your superstars they get less then they usually do. I cant count how many times I have seen Wade and James barely get touched in a way that doesn't affect their shots in anyway get foul calls.

Only to watch on the other end that a player on the opposing team gets hit in a way that affects their shot more get no call. People are complaining cause it seems like Miami is getting yet another advantage despite being one the most talented teams.

Me personally idc anymore if the Heat win or lose however I understand why others can feel pissed off.
I will give people the one at the end of game 2...that one was bad blown call, the ref was out of position to call that.

But this game, I didn't really see that. I saw a lot of Wade flailing around, and no foul call and it ended up in a turnover, as it should.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was barely paying attention this game while I was watching something else but I am guessing the Heat at least shot 10-12 more FT's tonight.

I can care less who wins or loses this series but I completely understand why people can be upset. When they watch a team loaded with talent and they feel are getting benefited by ref's and timely whistles.
OKC shot 18 FT's, Heat shot 13.

OKC gets a **** ton of FT's so your previous post saying they don't is bull ****. Harden gets just as many, if not more, "phantom calls" as Wade does.
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I will give people the one at the end of game 2...that one was bad blown call, the ref was out of position to call that.

But this game, I didn't really see that. I saw a lot of Wade flailing around, and no foul call and it ended up in a turnover, as it should.
I am in no position to argue specifics in this game. My main point was bitching about other people bitching isn't going to stop it.

You might as well just accept it and continue to try and root your team on to a championship. Cause odds are it will be worse if The Heat actually do win.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You and I both know that we were watching something else a lot more than the game, so shush.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
OKC shot 18 FT's, Heat shot 13.

OKC gets a **** ton of FT's so your previous post saying they don't is bull ****. Harden gets just as many, if not more, "phantom calls" as Wade does.
I just looked up the stats and The Heat attempted 35 tonight to the Thunders 24 FT's. So I was right it was 11 more.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade hasn't gotten anywhere near the amount of calls in the playoffs (specifically the Celtics series) that he does normally. There were two in the game today (one on Harden and one on Durant) where it was kinda tacky but they both were dumb and put a hand on him when he was going up. Besides from that (both of which are normally called fouls for most players), Wade and LeBron got more foul calls because they were attacking the rim consistently. Durant had a few drives but was really let go when he got close.

It's amazing how every single game people get complain about the Heat getting more FT attempts. LeBron and Wade are two of the best players in the league at getting to the rim of course they're going to shoot more ******* free throws.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant went 1/5 2pts in the last 6 minutes and took his last with a little over a minute to go. He obviously didn't want the ball is his hands and didn't want to take the big shot.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Wade hasn't gotten anywhere near the amount of calls in the playoffs (specifically the Celtics series) that he does normally. There were two in the game today (one on Harden and one on Durant) where it was kinda tacky but they both were dumb and put a hand on him when he was going up. Besides from that (both of which are normally called fouls for most players), Wade and LeBron got more foul calls because they were attacking the rim consistently. Durant had a few drives but was really let go when he got close.

It's amazing how every single game people get complain about the Heat getting more FT attempts. LeBron and Wade are two of the best players in the league at getting to the rim of course they're going to shoot more ******* free throws.
And ur not even mentioning, the Thunder committed two clear, boneheaded fouls on Battier and Jones while taking 3s and then the Thunder committed 3 fouls leading to 6 foul shots to stop the game, take those away, and it is even...
Old 06-17-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, regarding actual basketball, watching the Heat get the win by getting into the paint and making their ******* free throws, even with the jump shots not falling, was awesome. Battier had some big 3s but most of them weren't going down and neither were Bosh's jumpers. Thunder playing poorly helped, still a nice gritty win though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even at the end of game 2, if Durant takes a good shot then he sinks it and probably gets a foul call anyway. From middle school, they coach you to not shoot that type of shot because you won't get the call and you probably won't make the shot.

I love Durant and I'm pulling for OKC, but basketball is a contact sport and getting hung up on foul calls is a pretty ***** thing to do.

Last edited by WCH : 06-17-2012 at 11:28 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey what did you guys think about the officiating tonight?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The usual, with the usual crying depending on your allegiance
Old 06-17-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-18-2012, 03:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the nets didn't make the playoffs because of the refs.

if we made the playoffs, we would've ran train and it would've been a magical playoff series.

#brooklynin3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:46 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And ur not even mentioning, the Thunder committed two clear, boneheaded fouls on Battier and Jones while taking 3s and then the Thunder committed 3 fouls leading to 6 foul shots to stop the game, take those away, and it is even...
Those were two of the dumbest fouls I've ever seen. Let's send two shooters to the line while also giving them the off chance of converting a four point play. Plus with the physical game the Heat played those idiotic plays added two fouls to the bonus count. To me that was the worst I've ever seen this Thunder team play. Collison was pretty awesome though.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Heat will win this series in 6 like I predicted. They have better defense, and they attack the basket more. OKC relies on jump shots too much, and they have no interior offense to take advantage of the Heat's lack of big men.

And Perkins is a bum vs any athletic team.

Talent >>>>> team basketball. The Heat are poorly constructed, but they have 2 superstars and 1 semi all star. The Thunder are a basketball purist's wet dream, but at the end of the day talent wins.

I find basketball purists to be very annoying. It's a simple sport. This series will prove what I've been saying since last year. It's all about talent. Who cares how players don't "fit", good players find a way to score. As long as you're communicating on defense, your offensive "flow" doesn't mean ****. If you have guys who can score, you're gonna score.

Suck it basketball purists. Enjoy watching LeBron shove it all up in ya.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record I hate the Heat and hope they lose, but I call it like I see it. They're the best team in the league. Always have been, they should have won last year too if they didn't implode in the Finals.

Talent >>> teamwork. All day every day.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOOOOO Lebron can't win a championship!! NOT ALLOWED!!!

Old 06-18-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The only team who can beat the Heat next year is the Knicks. We have the talent.

Chandler. Stat. Melo. Lin. Shump. Loaded.

It's all about talent. Our starting 5 can compete vs theirs. We're the only team who stands in their way next year.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The only team who can beat the Heat next year is the Knicks. We have the talent.

It's all about talent. Our starting 5 can compete vs theirs. We're the only team who stands in their way next year.

#KnicksIn2013

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-18-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

#KnicksIn2013
Except, you know...the whole not making the playoffs deal
Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Thunder are a basketball purist's wet dream
What purist thinks that a 2 guard playing PG is a good idea?