Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it has been said before and shall be said again: Dwight does not want to be traded if it is not to Brooklyn. sure, Orlando can trade him to the Clippers if they want, but he won't sign an extension there.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Clips would have to give a helluva lot more than just Blake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
it has been said before and shall be said again: Dwight does not want to be traded if it is not to Brooklyn. sure, Orlando can trade him to the Clippers if they want, but he won't sign an extension there.
I bet he would sign to play with CP3.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I bet he would sign to play with CP3.
it's possible, and something that probably wasn't brought up since it never crossed either team's mind. I will say this: my older brother is very well connected with the Nets and he says that basically what happened with his contract is Orlando threatened to trade him to the Lakers if he didn't sign his extension. He blinked, and now he's in for another season. if he hadn't let the Magic strong arm him, he'd probably be a Net by now. he was also saying Dwight has been adamant about being traded to NJ/Brooklyn since last off-season

obviously, this isn't something I expect anyone to trust 100%, but I wouldn't just make this up to give scotty a boner.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
That would be a good trade for Chicago IMO, and I don't think the Bulls would demand #10 in return. Apparently the Bulls are trying to move Deng anyway, I think Gordon fills a pretty big need for the Bulls too. One thing to take into account would be that Deng probably will be out the first few months of the season since he's likely to need wrist surgery after the Olympics.
I took that into consideration. Hornets still have Aminu who could start at the 3 until Deng returns.

Reason I'm contemplating it is because EG hasn't been definite on whether he would like to return to NOLA or not. In this case the Hornets get something for him and that would be a player who has a better PER, scores more points, grabs more boards, and is a better defender than the departed Trevor Ariza. Plus, the Hornets would see how well he would fit in this year and if not then they have him and his $14 million expiring deal following this upcoming season.

It would be a risky move to swap Gordon for Deng and invest the future into young picks of Waiters and Davis but it could pay dividends. Hollinger has Waiters rated rated 4th in projected PER in the pros. Everyone already knows there isn't much negative to say about Davis.

It's an interesting idea, nonetheless.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's possible, and something that probably wasn't brought up since it never crossed either team's mind. I will say this: my older brother is very well connected with the Nets and he says that basically what happened with his contract is Orlando threatened to trade him to the Lakers if he didn't sign his extension. He blinked, and now he's in for another season. if he hadn't let the Magic strong arm him, he'd probably be a Net by now. he was also saying Dwight has been adamant about being traded to NJ/Brooklyn since last off-season

obviously, this isn't something I expect anyone to trust 100%, but I wouldn't just make this up to give scotty a boner.
He probably has never even considered it because it's a stupid trade idea, but if it were to somehow happen, I bet he would sign. That's my point.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This doesn't make any sense since he could've opted out at the end of the season anyways. he rather play 120 games more in orlando than 30 in LA? o_O
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

who do you guys have for tonight's game? I really want to say OKC, but I don't know that I can. outscoring Miami from the line and good ball movement is key, things they haven't done/been doing since game one.

I will say, if OKC can bring the series home with a win tonight, this becomes a totally different series. that's a big momentum win and after losing at home in game two, coming out of Miami down 3-2 is definitely a scenario a lot of people expected them to be in. winning 3 in a row would be tough, but if they can bring the series back, I'd bet it goes to 7, which would be a ******* dream scenario for any NBA fan (outside of Miami). KD vs LBJ in game 7 for the title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
This doesn't make any sense since he could've opted out at the end of the season anyways. he rather play 120 games more in orlando than 30 in LA? o_O
yeah, I may have misinterpreted that. obviously there was something else in play there to convince him to stay. I do know that Orlando's play was strong-arming him into it, though

Last edited by sbh15 : 06-21-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Harden gentleman must of played in Europe at one point in his life.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is a wrap.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

and this is why you can't play zone against Miami... or man... or anything. once they get some three-point shooters that are even more consistent, nobody is going to be able to beat them
Old 06-21-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omg these refs are the worst they have such a bias against Miami what a terrible call.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao Battier actually has the same affect as an elite shot blocker. Guys are scared to drive the lane because of fear of him sliding under and drawing a charge. He is a rim protector.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Perkins is sucking at an unmatchable level tonight. in 14 minutes he's managed to fight 3 rebounds away from Ibaka and miss 3 tip-ins. and pick up 3 fouls. how this guy is not a situational player against true centers only by now is beyond me
Old 06-21-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perkins is sucking at an unmatchable level tonight. in 14 minutes he's managed to fight 3 rebounds away from Ibaka and miss 3 tip-ins. and pick up 3 fouls. how this guy is not a situational player against true centers only by now is beyond me
Better than the Derek Fisher overrated ass, I think he played 30 minutes and turned the ball 3 times and nothing else last game.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Omg these refs are the worst they have such a bias against Miami what a terrible call.
#KnicksIn2013
Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
#KnicksIn2013
I'd rather read this than whining.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Thunder need to fire Brooks and hire someone more defensive minded. I don't want to hear this crap about conference finals last year and then finals this year. With that talent, anyone can get there. They need a better coach at defense. If Doc Rivers was on this team, I think they win it. Hell if Spo and Brooks trade places I think Thunder lead.

Also preemptively if the Heat end up winning tonight then I'll say this:

Lebron, congrats you earned it.

Wade and Bosh, f*** you, suck a dick.

Last edited by soybean : 06-21-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Balls. There's like an hour and a half left of a world that LeBron doesn't have a title in.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Balls. There's like an hour and a half left of a world that LeBron doesn't have a title in.
this is depressing. oh well, at least he earned it and it wasn't some big 3 coasting to the finals ****
Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
this is depressing. oh well, at least he earned it and it wasn't some big 3 coasting to the finals ****
yep. can't hate on the dude he played his ass off.

I do hope Bosh Battier and Wade die in a fiery car crash going home, though.

I think that's the least that should happen.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Coach Spo deserves some credit even though he's considered the worst coach in the league and LeBron's new biotch, but he's a great defensive mind and has designed great plays. He just needs to work on his late game playcalling although at that point LeBron or Wade don't need much coaching.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Coach Spo deserves some credit even though he's considered the worst coach in the league and LeBron's new biotch, but he's a great defensive mind and has designed great plays. He just needs to work on his late game playcalling although at that point LeBron or Wade don't need much coaching.
I give him a ton of credit for figuring this lineup out. With Perkins complete offensive ineptitude, he figured he could use him as a mismatch guarding Bosh. the rebounding of both James and Wade saves you from getting killed on the boards and then Battier being your 4 stretches Ibaka out to the perimeter and really opens the lane. As long as you can hit open 3's you don't need much of a gameplan offensively
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

The Thunder have twice as many FT's, the refs want OKC to win.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Brooks sucks. You don't see ANY adjustments this finals.

btw, to show you im not bias, that was definitely a foul by westbrook on lebron, no idea why it wasn't called.