Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Looks like OJ Mayo will become an UFA.
C'mon, Danny! Get him!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The beginning part of this will play in every NBA arena when Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond are introduced.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
C'mon, Danny! Get him!
NO! He's coming to Chicago, so don't get any ideas.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Looks like OJ Mayo will become an UFA.
They didn't give him his qualifying offer?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
NO! He's coming to Chicago, so don't get any ideas.
I'd love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
They didn't give him his qualifying offer?
Nope. David Aldridge tweeted that they aren't.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then you guys are going to have to compete with The Knicks to get him.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
So I've heard some really good things about Darius Johnson-Odom, but didnt get to see much of Marquette this year. I know we took him kinda late so if hes as good as people say he shouldnt have fell that far? Anyone know much about him?
I saw him play in college a decent amount. Was really good for Marquette. Tough, solid defender, not a bad shooter, does a pretty good job in transition, not a bad secondary ball handler. Great athlete, pretty strong for his size. He's short for his position, a little older than most prospects IIRC, and isn't really a lights out shooter. I think he'll be a player, although I tend to be a big fan of Marquette guys.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I saw him play in college a decent amount. Was really good for Marquette. Tough, solid defender, not a bad shooter, does a pretty good job in transition, not a bad secondary ball handler. Great athlete, pretty strong for his size. He's short for his position, a little older than most prospects IIRC, and isn't really a lights out shooter. I think he'll be a player, although I tend to be a big fan of Marquette guys.
So he's more of a 2 guard? Is he capable of playing the Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
So he's more of a 2 guard? Is he capable of playing the Point?
he's certainly more of a two guard...a player who's not a great distributor of the basketball

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why does it seem like the wolves are ready to give up on derrick williams already?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he can't be on the floor with Love
Old 06-29-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now, Kings' projected starting lineup going into next year;

PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Marcus Thornton
SF: Tyreke Evans
PF: Thomas Robinson
C: Demarcus Cousins

I like it. Tyreke might end up being moved for a starter at SF/PG, but i really like the thought of Robinson teaming up with Cousins down low. Will be a great rebounding duo for many years.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raptors plan to amnesty Calderon, wouldn't mind him for a year to help bring Marshall along I guess, neither can score or play defense so he they are perfect for each other

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
why does it seem like the wolves are ready to give up on derrick williams already?
Hes the latest to be talked about in a possible Gasol deal. I would imagine that Beasley would be involved as well in a S&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Raptors plan to amnesty Calderon, wouldn't mind him for a year to help bring Marshall along I guess, neither can score or play defense so he they are perfect for each other
I don't think Marshall needs any help. He just needs guys to pass to.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

I like it. Tyreke might end up being moved for a starter at SF/PG, but i really like the thought of Robinson teaming up with Cousins down low. Will be a great rebounding duo for many years.
PG: Brandon Knight
SG: Rodney Stuckey
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: Greg Monroe
C: Andre Drummond

Meet your rivals for the next decade (SG/SF will probably change).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Rivals for what? The #1 pick?

My Celtics off-season going forward...

Current Roster:
Rondo/(Bradley)
Bradley/
Pierce/Joseph
Sullinger/Johnson
Melo/Stiemsma

Obviously need depth at the wing and are way young up front (though I think Sully will be productive right away as long as he's healthy)

Lets say KG, Pietrus, and Green come back...

Rondo/(Bradley)
Bradley/Pietrus
Pierce/Green/Joseph
Sullinger/(Garnett)/Johnson
Garnett/Melo/Stiemsma
(or KG at 4 with Melo starting)

We'll say KG came in at $9m, Pietrus vet min, and Green ~$2m.

That puts the C's at ~$45m with $15m to spare (or thereabouts). Bring in OJ Mayo for a biggish deal ($24m/3y) and give Camby $3m or so (he's worth way more than the vet min and everyone knows it).

Rondo/Bradley/(Mayo)
Mayo/(Bradley)/Pietrus
Pierce/(Mayo)/Green/Joseph
Garnett/Sully/Johnson
Camby/Melo/Stiemsma

(still under the cap...meaning they probably gave KG more than $9m/y (probably for 24/2y) because he deserves it)

Just need a vet PG and a dopey white guy
Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's fine, both of the teams will destroy the Celts in the future nepg.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns most likely offseason

Let Steve Nash leave for nothing

Sign Aaron Brooks & Shannon Brown to stupid 5 year deals(5/30)

Sign and trade Fropez for something useless

Don't amnesty Chilldress

Telfair - Brooks - Marshall
Brown
Dudley - Chilldress
Frye - Morris - Warrick
Gortat

Last edited by fenikz : 06-29-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Telfair starting over Brooks and Marshall lol.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blazers will not issue qualifying offer to JJ Hickson and Jameer Nelson has decided to opt out with the Magic

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Telfair starting over Brooks and Marshall lol.
sadly he is better than both of them, not a compliment for Telfair just how ****** Brooks and Marshall are

Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Telfair is in no way better than Marshall. Marshall has a Rubio like ability on the floor in terms of running an offense.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-29-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

Ideally, the Kings find some way to add a wing defender without a major trade so it looks something like

PG: IT
SG: Tyreke Evans
SF: Free agent
PF: Th.Rob

1st G off bench: Marcus Thornton
1st F/C off bench: Jason Thompson

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Blazers will not issue qualifying offer to JJ Hickson and Jameer Nelson has decided to opt out with the Magic
I'm still scared that he'll come back... but for now...

HIP HIP HOORAAYYYY!!!!!!!

So happy that that little plug opted out of his $8M dollar contract. Now be gone!!!

*Ring Ring*

"Hello, Nash residence.."
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote