Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Dwight Howard. He's such an asshole.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is an asshole. Scares the **** out of me that they are talking to him without a commitment for him to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade that would make everyone happy:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7styv7n

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be very nice.

I would imagine the first order of business on the Lakers end if they did trade for D12 would be to complete the rumored Pau for Josh Smith deal to try and make Howard happy enough to stay.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
That would be very nice.

I would imagine the first order of business on the Lakers end if they did trade for D12 would be to complete the rumored Pau for Josh Smith deal to try and make Howard happy enough to stay.
The problem is the Lakers overvalue Gasol and are not just content with Smith and Marvin Williams, they want Horford or Teague which simply is not going to happen period. Josh already is 5 years younger and played at a higher level than Gasol last year, the general consensus is that the Lakers overvalue Gasol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The problem is the Lakers overvalue Gasol and are not just content with Smith and Marvin Williams, they want Horford or Teague which simply is not going to happen period. Josh already is 5 years younger and played at a higher level than Gasol last year, the general consensus is that the Lakers overvalue Gasol.
Oh, they absolutely do. Its quite ridiculous when I go onto the Laker boards and they are mentioning ideas of Pau for Deron and talking about how we would be getting screwed on Derrick Williams (given he is very unproven, but we would be getting more than just him) and Josh Smith centered deals.

Smith and Marvin would do the trick for me to be completely honest, obviously a first round pick would sweeten the deal but theres no way we would be getting Teague or Horford. Unless they end up valuing Smith more than Horford it isnt happening. Gasol and Horford would be a very good front court.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other teams to look into Nick Young are New Orleans, Indiana, Boston and Brooklyn, according to Young's agent, Mark Bartelstein.

All your shooting guards are belong to New Orleans!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would burn David Kahn's home to the ************* ground. The ground I say...That being said, time to break out the kerosene as we are talking David Kahn.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Sam Amick of SI and Marc Stein of ESPN: Source confirms Toronto has offered Steve Nash a three-year, $36 million deal with no options attached

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-01-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's time for Dwight to go.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The market for big men is ridiculous. Asik has flashed in limited minutes for the Bulls and got offered an $8 million contract. With even a little promise, big men are going to demand big contracts. That just seems to be the nature of the beast now. That said, I don’t see how Chicago can match Houston’s offer sheet. That’s too much cash to commit to a foul prone backup center without a reliable back-to-the-basket or face-up game.

From the Rockets’ perspective, I think it’s a curious move. The Rockets retooled and stockpiled a ton of assets over the past week and seem to have a nice core to build around. But I think a lot of their talent is concentrated in similar areas, so it’s going to be interesting to see what Houston does in the free agent window. Given Daryl Morey’s desire for a superstar, and the fact that he can put together an enticing package for anyone, I would guess their move for Asik is part of a bigger plan to win now.

In other free agent news, the Cavs and Timberwolves are pursuing Nicolas Batum. On paper, I like it. Batum is a good defender with length, good shooter that spreads the floor, and still has age on his side. But the reports have him angling for a four-year deal in the neighborhood of $45-50 million. Am I missing something? Is he on the verge of an offensive explosion?

Also, I can echo the statement that Dwight Howard has been beyond annoying lately. For someone that wants to parlay his basketball success into a career as an entertainer, he should probably realize that his brand is souring because he’s acting like such a petulant little ***** right now.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can always trade for Fropez!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight's annoying.

any truth to Wallace's 4th year being an option rumor?

and looks like Nets getting JJ is dead. Which is awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Dwight's annoying.

any truth to Wallace's 4th year being an option rumor?

and looks like Nets getting JJ is dead. Which is awesome
I read that it's 4 years guaranteed.

Did you see this scotty?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
After Raps and Knicks today, Nets have formally requested chance to sit down with Steve Nash as well. Meeting scheduled for Monday morning
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Does not make Wolves fans happy. Pek is young and an actual center. Gasol is a overpaid sissy. With Love and Pek healthy no one gets rebounds against us and we need to keep it that way.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
In other free agent news, the Cavs and Timberwolves are pursuing Nicolas Batum. On paper, I like it. Batum is a good defender with length, good shooter that spreads the floor, and still has age on his side. But the reports have him angling for a four-year deal in the neighborhood of $45-50 million. Am I missing something? Is he on the verge of an offensive explosion?
If you talk to Blazers fans, he's been on the verge of an offensive explosion for 3 offseasons. I don't believe he's worth more than Gerald Wallace though because so much of his "value" is from projection only.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No mention of Lamer Odom that I saw. Pretty underrated move. Now if Odom can clean out his vagina then its a nice addition.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I read that it's 4 years guaranteed.

Did you see this scotty?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
After Raps and Knicks today, Nets have formally requested chance to sit down with Steve Nash as well. Meeting scheduled for Monday morning
ugh, 4 guaranteed years is so dumb. 10 mil a piece. great.

and saw it, it's plan B for D-Will. I don't think it's an indication of where we stand on him, just being prepared.

i hope
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Deron goes to Dallas, you can have Kyle Lowry.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i like kyle lowry, a lot actually. Too bad we don't have anything to give you except expiring contracts.
Quote:
Old 07-01-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Came up with a trade for Toronto if Nash does indeed sign with them. They send Bargnani, Calderon and Kleiza to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Marvin Williams. Atlanta appeases Smith's request and rids themselves of Marvin's contract and get a nice point guard on an expiring contract to back up Teague, a young big who shares a somewhat similar skill set to Gasol, who they were interested in, and some depth in the front court with Kleiza and it gives Toronto another explosive option on offense who can run with Nash, Derozan and Ross and Marvin can either come in and start at the 3 or be the 6th man. Thoughts?
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Per Woj: Rockets have reached agreement with Omer Asik on a three-year, $25.1 million contract.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asik to Houston for 3/25. Good lord that's ridiculous.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That much money for a back up center with no significant attributes to speak of is hilarious. That may look worse than the Rashard Lewis contract in a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well in a couple years it will be almost over. He IS a starting level center solely based on his defense but that's almost double what he should be making annually.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote