Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
More Suns News:

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Suns having dinner with Eric Gordon right now. Phx is considering offering him max deal (4 years, $58 million), sources say
The Hornets will match that. He's wasting time visiting teams... Indiana.. now Phoenix.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Hornets will match that. He's wasting time visiting teams... Indiana.. now Phoenix.
Hey man, free dinners.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are the Hornets all that smart to match it, though? That's the big question. He's not a max player, and he's not the kind of guy you're going to win long-term with.

Obviously it'd be more ideal to deal him in a sign & trade where they get value in return... But is that kind of financial flexibility all that terrible?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Are the Hornets all that smart to match it, though? That's the big question. He's not a max player, and he's not the kind of guy you're going to win long-term with.

Obviously it'd be more ideal to deal him in a sign & trade where they get value in return... But is that kind of financial flexibility all that terrible?

Should the Hornets be held slave to maxing out a non-max 2-guard who can't shoot?
It's a max deal, but not a MAAAAX deal like Dwight Howard's $19M per year. Since he doesn't have the years in the league, his Max is lower. $12M per year. 4 years, $58 million.

That's a deal.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Gordon can't shoot? that is news to me. Anyway in other news

Clippers offering Jamal Crawford $5 million per for three years, Chauncey Billups $4 million for one year

and

Marcus Camby wants a two-three year deal at 3 Mil per season.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

E-Go getting 4/58 is fine. It makes sense for the Hornets to hang on to him. Rivers-Gordon-Davis is a real nice, young, exciting core. Perhaps my opinion is skewed because I am a Rivers fan, but hey, they still turned it around pretty well.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
E-Go getting 4/58 is fine. It makes sense for the Hornets to hang on to him. Rivers-Gordon-Davis is a real nice, young, exciting core. Perhaps my opinion is skewed because I am a Rivers fan, but hey, they still turned it around pretty well.
Rivers as a part of a main core is a huge problem for the future.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Rivers as a part of a main core is a huge problem for the future.
I know you hate him. I like Rivers though. The "can he play PG" thing is an issue and one I am not sure about, but I see him being a damn good combo guard at the very least. Of course, that is a problem with Gordon, but that doesn't change the fact that I like Rivers' game a lot.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You hate on Rivers way too much.

And no there is nothing wrong with that Gordon deal. Dude is on his way to becoming an elite scorer, he's already a really, really good one.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yoda desires Marcus Camby....
Old 07-02-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is not good, at all. He's a selfish ball stopper, he cannot play with Eric Gordon, and he's done nothing to impress me at all since he got to Duke.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-02-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rivers is not good, at all. He's a selfish ball stopper, he cannot play with Eric Gordon, and he's done nothing to impress me at all since he got to Duke.
Did you notice the fact that they had no shot creators other than him? But yeah the Gordon pairing is kind of awkward.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Did you notice the fact that they had no shot creators other than him? But yeah the Gordon pairing is kind of awkward.
Jarrett Jack can create shots if he needs to, or they could have drafted Kendall Marshall.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-03-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rivers is so much better than Marshall. This is coming from a UNC fan too.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

That's not my point. Marshall would create opportunities for Gordon/Davis, Rivers will just stop the ball. But whatever, could just be my extreme hatred of him but I do not see him being anything other than a bust. I think they would have been better off with Zeller, Lamb, or Royce White as well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Marshall is so overrated. That UNC team was loaded and most of his assists were to wide open players. He can't shoot, he can't drive, he can't play defense. He's like Marcus Williams from UCONN (though I think he'll be better than Williams, maybe a Derek Fisher type).

At times, Rivers will slow the game down and hold the ball, but with coaching, I think they'll coach him out of it. He was by far and away the best player for Duke and he had to play ISO ball at times for them to win. His skill-set as a scorer is all-star level, he has a quick first step -- drives really well, can shoot, is clutch, handles the ball well, and is a big game player.

Last edited by JeffSamardzijaIRISH : 07-03-2012 at 12:50 AM.
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Lamb or Rivers for Marshall :)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to ESPN radio for dallas on my drive home and said that Dwill is definitely leaning towards nets at this point, but won't announce until later. Well at least he didn't drag it out, have fun in Brooklyn.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have rather seen the Hornets draft Royce White, Lamb, or Kendall Marshall over Austin Rivers. I just do not like his style of play at all and don't see how he fits the line-up they're trying to build especially if they match EG.

Only way I like the pick is if they do a S&T trade, like the one mentioned with Houston a few pages back, where they get someone like Kevin Martin or Kyle Lowry and a rookie or two to go back to the Hornets.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I would have rather seen the Hornets draft Royce White, Lamb, or Kendall Marshall over Austin Rivers. I just do not like his style of play at all and don't see how he fits the line-up they're trying to build especially if they match EG.

Only way I like the pick is if they do a S&T trade, like the one mentioned with Houston a few pages back, where they get someone like Kevin Martin or Kyle Lowry and a rookie or two to go back to the Hornets.
How does Kevin Martin fit with Gordon any better than Rivers? Martin is a volume shooter, and he didn't even score much last year.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey Metsox...

Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

I thought highly of Rivers, but the more I researched him, the less I started to like. That said, I do think he's got a better chance to succeed as a PG than a SG in the NBA. ...and I don't think he's gonna be a bust. Give him time, he's got the right inner circle to make sure he succeeds.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

Well, you do need a shooter besides the Mormon.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, you do need a shooter besides the Mormon.
At what cost? If we offer a contract to Anderson, we're basically saying goodbye to Thompson (who i'd much rather have). Plus, if Asik got $25M, how much will Anderson want? We just drafted a PF, Cousins has the C position on lock and we have a solid rotation behind them, why the hell do we really need Ryan Anderson? Ughhhhh i hope nothing comes from this. I hope this is just a play on his part to get the Magic to give him more than just the qualifying offer.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
At what cost? If we offer a contract to Anderson, we're basically saying goodbye to Thompson (who i'd much rather have). Plus, if Asik got $25M, how much will Anderson want? We just drafted a PF, Cousins has the C position on lock and we have a solid rotation behind them, why the hell do we really need Ryan Anderson? Ughhhhh i hope nothing comes from this. I hope this is just a play on his part to get the Magic to give him more than just the qualifying offer.
I know, I was just being a contrarian to you because that's how this works with you and I. Who is even going to overpay Anderson at this point? I mean if injury prone Gordon can get $60 mil, the black hole on offense Asik can get $24 mil, some others I'm forgetting...

RIP TheManInBlack