Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
When "I wonder if the my team can afford Ersan Ilyasova" is running through your mind, you know you're having an odd offseason.
Report is that Milwaukee is offering him a 5 year deal in he 35-40 mil range and that he's seeking a 10 mil/year contract.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Report is that Milwaukee is offering him a 5 year deal in he 35-40 mil range and that he's seeking a 10 mil/year contract.
That sounds fantastic.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T'Wolves get Roy, 2 years, $10 million
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah Lou isn't getting enough attention here. Mayo isn't any better than he is.
I think Lou is definitely better. They're obviously different players, but Lou just has dynamic offensive ability and can really hit that extra gear that Mayo will never get to.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post

Might be 1-2 mill a year too much, but the plus is that it basically forces us to amnesty Darko if we want to still try to sign Batum so I'm all for it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Ehhhhhh, it's okay length wise I guess.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wolves also signed Batum to an offer sheet

Quote:
Jon Krawczynski
‏@APkrawczynski

APNewsBreak: Timberwolves agree to terms with Batum on 4-year, $45M offer sheet with bonuses that can push it past $50M. Batum wants MN.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ehhhhhh, it's okay length wise I guess.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Wolves also signed Batum to an offer sheet
Blazers have said they'll match anything though.
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portland Gm has already said he is going to match any offer.
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't the NBA just force a do-over on the CBA because teams signed mediocre players to ******** contracts? They've learned nothing. Burn the ******* league down.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blazers have said they'll match anything though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Portland Gm has already said he is going to match any offer.
Yea, I understand that, just reporting news.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I remember near the end of the season, Ilyasova basically said he'd go to whoever could pay him the most. I thought he planned on going overseas for that, but whatever. He's actually pretty good, he's just hidden in Milwaukee. I don't think he's $10 million per year good, but if Batum is getting it I guess Ilyasova should too.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think teams should be weary about paying a guy big bucks whom they haven't seen play in the playoffs (or haven't performed well in the playoffs). It's really a whole different ball game especially for these above average players. IE Ilyasova
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blazers can try to squeeze a couple of first round picks out of Minnesota if Minny wants Batum that bad. Truth is if Portland somehow gets Hibbert I wouldnt' give that money to Batum, it would be expensive enough to keep their twin towers together, Batum is not worth it. He's basically a younger more athletic, less refined version of Shane Battier who's being hyped like his Rudy G on offense and Luol Deng on defense. The fact is he's a good defender no where near a shut down defender and offensively he is nothing more than glimpes. I have seen Steve Nash switched on to him for an entire game and him being unable to take advantage. Give me Courtney Lee and Mickael Pietrus for a fraction of what Batum costs. Alonzo Gee is an under the radar guy who I think should get more looks than he's getting. I'd take him over a guy like Brandon rush any day, I'd honestly give him a 4 year deal worth 16 mil and not hesitate but seems like the market is dry for him and Cleveland will keep him cheap.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not really a good defender. He was averageish this year, but the previous couple of years he was really bad (despite his reputation).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I really think teams should be weary about paying a guy big bucks whom they haven't seen play in the playoffs (or haven't performed well in the playoffs). It's really a whole different ball game especially for these above average players. IE Ilyasova
Well, teams have to get to the playoffs before they can find out what a guy is capable of...

But I do agree with the sentiment.

Every max player out there is an obvious max player.

Teams just do it wrong. They throw money at a guy because they think they need to force something to happen rather than building a team with a strategy.

Batum is just a wing.

On that same note, Jeff Green reportedly getting $40m/4y... WTF dude?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's not really a good defender. He was averageish this year, but the previous couple of years he was really bad (despite his reputation).
Do you keep saying this based on actually watching him or by defensive metrics? Because I don't trust those at all. He's never struck me as a bad defender.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Do you keep saying this based on actually watching him or by defensive metrics? Because I don't trust those at all. He's never struck me as a bad defender.
Both. I just have a vivid memory of a worthless Ron Artest abusing him in early 2011.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blazers can't afford to give Hibbert a max deal and match on Batum so that will be interesting

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really dont get Batum. Like, I dont think he's that good at all. The idea of giving him 10+ million a year completely baffles me.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

C'mon, you're Mr. Small Sample Size around here and you're letting one game from two years ago cloud your judgement? Granted I've gone on record here saying that he's not worth 11 mill a year.

Some people on twitter are saying that we discussed offering Derrick Williams in a sign and trade for Batum. That better not ******* happen.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Blazers can't afford to give Hibbert a max deal and match on Batum so that will be interesting
I believe they can if Indiana declines to match Hibbert before Portland matches the Batum deal.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Why not? They have Batum's bird rights.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought you lost bird rights once you offered another teams FA

But maybe it's different because he is a RFA

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote