Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
The Bulls matched the offer sheet for Asik
Where have you seen this? I keep looking, and can't find anything.
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

was on Hoops Hype or something yesterday

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Follow my lead and ignore BBD. His persistent Knicks trolling is literally the worst thing on this site.
I'm not sure if he's actually a dumbass or just a troll.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kings and Andrei Kirilinko (in Russian)

"Francisco Garcia told me that he wants me [Andrei] to play for Sacramento. I told him to wait until July 11th."

I'm not sure what that means but at least the Kings are tied to someone.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sleep on the Celtics either.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You guys are crazy. Melo is absolutely a top 7 player in this league. He's at the very worst, the 2nd best pure scorer in the league (Durant being #1, although you can argue for Melo over Durant bc Melo has a post game), he's clutch, and while he's not the best passer, he's an excellent rebounder, and he's actually a pretty good defender when he cares, i.e. the playoffs.

And his passing is improving. People knock his passing too much, he actually does a decent job of passing out of doubles, guys just need to knock down shots.

He's not LeBron in terms of passing, but he's on Durant's level with passing. Durant isn't the best passer either, yet he gets a pass for it.

In fact, Durant is not the best defender either. You guys are so hypocritical.

Keep on hating though. Watch us play the Heat in the ECF this year.

#KnicksIn2013
You absolutely must be Melo because he can be the only person who actually believes that crap...

Melo is a ball hogging volume scorer, he is more akin to a Gilbert Arenas or Steve Francis (read: trash) than he is to a James or Durant.

Anthony is an awful and unwilling passer, he literally can't make a decision with the ball without first pounding it into the hardwood like it is evil and needs to be punished and arguing that he is decent passing out of double teams misses the whole point that he shouldn't be ending up in so many doubles. His defense can at times be average to even slightly above average but is generally appalling.

On pure scoring he isn't in the same realm as Durant or James. So he is 3rd best at his own position without considering any other position.

Hell... I wouldn't even say he is the best player on his own team. If I can take one Knick to make my team better it is Chandler every day of the week. Melo is the new poster child of basketball cancer.

And yes... I'm fully aware at this point that you are just blatantly trolling and I just fell for it but I couldn't let the fact that I am feeding the trolls allow that abortion of a post to go unanswered. You should stick to football man, you are good at that...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Melo is the new poster child of basketball cancer.
that's not fair. the media branded him with that and it's an unfair accusation. you can't call him that just because he tends to play with the ball in his hands.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think I'm trolling, but just wait until the season starts. Then we'll see if I'm right or wrong.

Just watch. The Knicks are coming. And that's not homerism, that's the truth that you all just refuse to believe bc of your hatred for the Knicks.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
that's not fair. the media branded him with that and it's an unfair accusation. you can't call him that just because he tends to play with the ball in his hands.
I say that because his teams get better when he misses games, he stops ball movement deader than dead, is an unwilling passer, seems like a genuine dickhead, has no clue and his teams always underachieve.

I actually think the media went overboard during Linsanity on him but that doesn't change that the main basis of their argument was based on fact. He is a ball stopping hog who doesn't try on defense, crash the boards hard or seemingly offer anything on a leadership scale.

I say all that having had him thoroughly grow on me with his little wax man skit, but that doesn't change my thought on him.

I'd question who you think is a bigger cancer than him in the league right now that should be on the poster instead of him. I mean he is pretty much the holy trifecta of "visible" cancer, he dogs it on defense, he is as unwilling a passer as there is and he is an inefficient volume scorer, hell he has even started to chuck.

It's a shame, for a couple of years there it looked like the switch had flipped for him and he had "got it", then it went off just as quickly.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You guys think I'm trolling, but just wait until the season starts. Then we'll see if I'm right or wrong.

Just watch. The Knicks are coming. And that's not homerism, that's the truth that you all just refuse to believe bc of your hatred for the Knicks.
All it looks like the Knicks are doing is conducting an experiment to see how quickly they can break Chandler by forcing him to play defense for all 5 positions on the court.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lou Williams wont be back in Philly after they signed Nick Young and they used the amnesty on Brand. Not sure what Philly is doing.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
My guess is that they know Dirk has 2-3 more years, they're going to field an average club and try to pick up picks and underrated assets. The Thunder seem to have done well by stockpiling young talent.

At least I hope.
Getting the 2nd, 4th, and 3rd picks in consecutive drafts helped.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:

I think I see whats happening here. You think you win with superstars, you think you have one (maybe two?). Others agree that superstars help but also know that Carmelo Anthony is a ball stopper whose only asset is his scoring ability and is clearly NOT a top seven player in the league. Your team is a random grab bag of mismatched players with name value, sorry but your team isn't that good. Amare is washed up and is a shell of his former self (Kidd too). Jeremy Lin is a ball dominant, slashing point guard who also happens to be a turnover machine that can't function to his full potential while Carmelo and Amare eat up touches. Shump is coming off of a torn ACL and he might not even play next season and the rest of your roster is filled with supporting cast players who are a dime a dozen.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Getting the 2nd, 4th, and 3rd picks in consecutive drafts helped.
That doesn't always work out, see the Sacramento Kings.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See Jeff Green

Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
That doesn't always work out, see the Sacramento Kings.
The Thunder actually did it with 4 top 5 picks.

Kings just got their 3rd pick in the top 5. Before that, they were at the end of the lottery.

Even after the Seattle got the 2 and 5 pick in the same draft, they ended up with the 2nd worst team in the league so they could pick Westbrook.

Then with 3 top 5 picks on the team, the Thunder ended up with the 4th worst record in the league and got a 4th pick in the top 5.

It takes time for young teams to develop.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
I think I see whats happening here. You think you win with superstars, you think you have one (maybe two?). Others agree that superstars help but also know that Carmelo Anthony is a ball stopper whose only asset is his scoring ability and is clearly NOT a top seven player in the league. Your team is a random grab bag of mismatched players with name value, sorry but your team isn't that good. Amare is washed up and is a shell of his former self (Kidd too). Jeremy Lin is a ball dominant, slashing point guard who also happens to be a turnover machine that can't function to his full potential while Carmelo and Amare eat up touches. Shump is coming off of a torn ACL and he might not even play next season and the rest of your roster is filled with supporting cast players who are a dime a dozen.
We just need to mesh this offseason. That's all. We have so many moving parts and injuries over the past 2 years these guys never got a chance to develop any chemistry together.

This offseason I expect dramatic improvement. This team under Mike Woodson was the best defensive team in the league. We know we have the talent to score on offense. If we can cut back on turnovers, which I believe will happen when we develop chemistry, there's no reason to believe that we can't become a more efficient team this season.

If you play defense, which we have under Woodson, can score, which we have the scorers to do so, rebound which we do well, and don't turn the ball over (which we still have to prove) you will be a good team.

All we have to do is cut back on turnovers. We turned it over more than anybody last year. With time to gel, this will surely change.

Knicks. (10 char)
Old 07-06-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you were a Magic fan, what would you want to do with Dwight?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

If the Lakers were dumb enough to trade Bynum without Dwight signing an extension I would do that otherwise ship him to the Nets and suck for the next half decade

Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All mediocre teams should tank it for one season. Just have the right GM and don't **** up on your pick. Otherwise you're stuck trying to convince these Big Time Free Agents to come to your average city.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If you were a Magic fan, what would you want to do with Dwight?
I'd make sure I got another young Center like Bynum, Horford or maybe Gasol.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

dwight for rondo. do it right now.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
If the Lakers were dumb enough to trade Bynum without Dwight signing an extension I would do that otherwise ship him to the Nets and suck for the next half decade
I've settled into the idea that a Howard for Bynum deal would be good. I'd love it if they took a bad contract away though.

Thing that scares me is Bynum's knees though. If we give him a 5 year, Max Deal, I'll be sitting on pins and needles. At the same time though, Dwight's back situation is not great.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

last rumors I heard were Artest and Bynum for Dwight and Hedo

Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any rumors about where Lou Williams might sign?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote