Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Lakers are getting to that point where they may just make the trade and work on getting him to commit long term from there. They know they have a window of 2-3 years most likely with Nash and Kobe playing at a high level and while Bynum seems to be growing as a player and still has loads of potential, D12 fits what that offense is going to do so much better. A guy like Dwight who can play off the pick n roll with Nash will be deadly. Pau will be able to do that, but Dwight brings a different dimension...then throw in how good he is on defense.

If this max contract goes through for Lopez and he then doesnt get traded, Dwight is ****** and he wont be able to sign with them in FA. As soon as that happens he will change his stance. He will be a Net or a Laker.

Something a lot of people dont know is that his adidas contract gives him a bonus playing in NY or LA. I hate the drama and the **** this guy is doing but I would welcome him with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
D, you're a prick.
vote: Brodeur
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I think the Lakers are getting to that point where they may just make the trade and work on getting him to commit long term from there. They know they have a window of 2-3 years most likely with Nash and Kobe playing at a high level and while Bynum seems to be growing as a player and still has loads of potential, D12 fits what that offense is going to do so much better. A guy like Dwight who can play off the pick n roll with Nash will be deadly. Pau will be able to do that, but Dwight brings a different dimension...then throw in how good he is on defense.

If this max contract goes through for Lopez and he then doesnt get traded, Dwight is ****** and he wont be able to sign with them in FA. As soon as that happens he will change his stance. He will be a Net or a Laker.

Something a lot of people dont know is that his adidas contract gives him a bonus playing in NY or LA. I hate the drama and the **** this guy is doing but I would welcome him with open arms.
Dwight couldn't sign with Brooklyn if he wanted to. they're going to have almost $50mil alone between Williams, Johnson, and Wallace. the big thing the Nets can offer Orlando is taking Hedo off their hands. they aren't afraid of getting boned by the luxury tax. if the Nets don't get him via trade, he's going to have no choice but to change his stance unless he wants $5mil via MLE for the next 3 years while Brooklyn builds up bird rights
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Dwight couldn't sign with Brooklyn if he wanted to. they're going to have almost $50mil alone between Williams, Johnson, and Wallace. the big thing the Nets can offer Orlando is taking Hedo off their hands. they aren't afraid of getting boned by the luxury tax. if the Nets don't get him via trade, he's going to have no choice but to change his stance unless he wants $5mil via MLE for the next 3 years while Brooklyn builds up bird rights
I know, he would have been able too THIS off-season if he wasn't a dumb ****. But come this time next year he wont be looking to opt out of a contract with the Lakers and pass on about 25 million extra bucks.

Or at least I dont think he would, is he that dumb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
Ehh I haven't seen enough good from Ed Davis to call him a big man for the future, let alone enough to pull the trade off.
I think you're underrating his value. I hope his defense and he is kind of a old school type of big man. With the weak centers in the league I wouldn't be shy about playing him at the 5 spot either. He would fit the Philly role perfectly since they want to go small often
Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'll tell you who the biggest loser is in this if Dwight goes to LA.

The OKC Thunder. Their window for winning the Title will be shutdoooown. They should consider all they can to unite Durant with Howard.
How so?

They'd still have the best player in the series. They have two parts that actually matchup very well with Gasol and Howard. Westbrook will abuse Nash, though I will give that Howard would greatly nullify his influence, and they are young and should get better.

It's not like Gasol, Bryant and Nash are going to find a fountain of youth and start getting better, each year they will get exponentially worse, especially on defense where they are already all somewhere around average or worse.

It would undoubtedly be tougher for them but I'd say they still matchup well against them, they are actually built to combat teams with an inside presence far better than perimeter teams like the Heat.

Not saying that the Lakers couldn't win the title in any way or that it doesn't make them a bigger challenge, but it's not like it slams the Thunder's window shut either, they are still a young and improving side.

Also... the scariest thing about that god awful and completely ******** contract to Lopez is that the Magic get stuck with it if we make that moronic trade, we can't cut and run then, we are stuck with a C who is average on offense, doesn't play defense and couldn't rebound the ball at a 50% rate if he was the only guy going for it.

FUUUUUUU

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm officially on board with any team stuck in medocrity right now giving up a bunch of assets to take their chances on Dwight. Either they get Dwight to take the extra money they can offer and work on becoming a contender with him, or he bails and they bottom out just in time for Jabari Parker (and Andrew Wiggins if he does reclassify like is slightly rumored) and work on rebuilding with a potential franchise guy and cap space.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 07-11-2012 at 12:56 AM.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm officially on board with any team stuck in medocrity right now giving up a bunch of assets to take their chances on Dwight. Either they get Dwight to take the extra money they can offer and work on becoming a contender with him, or he bails and they bottom out just in time for Jabari Parker (and Andrew Wiggins if he does reclassify like is slightly rumored) and work on rebuilding with a potential franchise guy and cap space.
Worst case on this, you at least have his bird rights to gain a bit of leverage and options as far as sign and trades.

Magic are literally the only team with nothing to gain on the Dwight front, he is just going to a cancerous ass as long as we have him and make the franchise look bad, we can't move forward or basically do anything.

Any other team can swing the deal paying well below par for a player of his abilities and then see how things work out.

On a totally unrelated note, I do kind of wish Sacramento would trade Tyreke Evans so that I could full heartedly support them whilst Orlando rots away in nothingness. I quite like their pieces, the whole Owners hate the city thing, the jerseys and all that. It's just I don't like Tyreke and players like him!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

Also... the scariest thing about that god awful and completely ******** contract to Lopez is that the Magic get stuck with it if we make that moronic trade, we can't cut and run then, we are stuck with a C who is average on offense, doesn't play defense and couldn't rebound the ball at a 50% rate if he was the only guy going for it.

FUUUUUUU
Brook Lopez averaged 20 ppg the year before this one. I'd actually say he's an elite scoring center. It's his rebounding and defense that are atrocious.

Last edited by soybean : 07-11-2012 at 02:18 AM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:12 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, average scoring center? Bropez has put up good numbers while being constantly doubled and even tripled because he had literally nobody worth any value to dish it out to.

Yeah, his D and rebounding suck, but people are selling Bropez just a bit too short. I mean, he is averaging 7.5 rebounds a game in his career...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
It appears Kyle Korver would fit, exactly to the dollar, into the trade exception created by Joe Johnson deal. Interesting ...

also, Nets signed Jerry Stackhouse for the veteran's minimum. huh?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i wouldn't put any stock whatsoever in a story run by yahoo sports. If the Nets are stupid enough to give Brook Lopez a max deal, they deserve the cap hell they'll be in for the next five years.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the people asking about Hawks G's other people on team are Devin Harris and Deshawn Stevenson
Old 07-11-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Johan Petro was not included in the JJ trade...

Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Source close to process says Portland & Charlotte have indeed told Brook Lopez they're ready to sign him today to four-year max offer sheet.

YES! Do it!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Source close to process says Portland & Charlotte have indeed told Brook Lopez they're ready to sign him today to four-year max offer sheet.

YES! Do it!!!!
This effectively kills any chance at a DH12 to BK trade now, right?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
This effectively kills any chance at a DH12 to BK trade now, right?
Once a player signs an offer sheet, his old team can no longer do a S&T with any other team outside of the team he signed the offer sheet with.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source confirms @ESPNSteinLine report that Warriors close 2 deal 2 get Jarrett Jack from NO as part of deal 2 send Dorell Wright to Sixers.

and I don't think either of those teams moving on Lopez is an anti-Howard play. Lopez is criminally underrated around here and if Asik is worth 8mil on the market these days, Lopez is going to fetch big bucks. highly skilled offensive center is something most teams need.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
The Magic informed Dwight Howard that they are suspending trade talks, according to source. Orlando will now focus on their coaching search.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Magic informed Dwight Howard that they are suspending trade talks, according to source. Orlando will now focus on their coaching search.
Hahahhaha. This is getting ridiculous at this point. So annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
this is their smartest move because they're not going to see anything much better than Brooklyn's offer. waiting to see how Lopez plays coming off injury is the safest move and gives them time to see if they can contend and maybe keep Dwight around. if Lopez plays like a big trade chip, you can pull the trigger. if not, better to let Dwight walk than handicap yourselves with a guy getting max money who gives you 15 and 7 or so.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source confirms @ESPNSteinLine report that Warriors close 2 deal 2 get Jarrett Jack from NO as part of deal 2 send Dorell Wright to Sixers.

and I don't think either of those teams moving on Lopez is an anti-Howard play. Lopez is criminally underrated around here and if Asik is worth 8mil on the market these days, Lopez is going to fetch big bucks. highly skilled offensive center is something most teams need.
Oh yes, go with Austin Rivers as your starting PG. By all means, **** your team up.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, Breaking News...

Dwight Howard still not traded.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Brooklyn Nets ‏@brooklynnets
Avery tell NBA TV crew negotiations w/ Brook Lopez are ongoing, foot's fine & he's going to be stronger than ever been in his NBA career.

this isn't really the kind of news I'd want leaked when Portland and Charlotte are ready to offer max deals to your guy
Old 07-11-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take Amare and Lin for Howard.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote