Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Collison is making barely over a million a year and he's at least an average starting point guard. Mahinmi didn't even play as many minutes as Brendan Haywood last year.

I don't think Dahntay Jones is completely useless either.
I think Dahntay Jones was a sign & trade, but Mahinmi averaged 6 and 5 in 18 minutes last season. it's really not a terrible trade considering they planned on moving on from Collison
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mahinmi will be 26 when the season starts, has been in the league for 5 years, got dumped by the Spurs and now the Mavs (two pretty damn smart organizations), and is 6'11 but can't block shots. Color me excited for his "potential."

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get guys like that... They've been playing basketball all their lives...

I'm white and am 6'2. I got made fun of in MIDDLE SCHOOL because I could only barely dunk. In middle school, I was about 5'10 and a not in very good shape. If a 5'10 guy in the NBA can't dunk, it's no big deal... ******* weird.

I don't get these ************* that do this **** for a career and are so unathletic in what should be their athletic prime.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** we got Collisions and Jones for Ian!? I don't know what upside yall see in him, but the shitastic Brendan Haywood started over him because he's so ******* soft, he won't bang down low. He'll make some cuts to the hoop, but not your ideal center. Awesome day made me feel a lot better with our line up. Kris Kaman is that big bodied C that can contribute on the boards something we missed since Chandler left and it was a 1 year deal how can you complain.

Collision/Jones
Carter/Beabois/Jones
Marion
Dirk/Wright
Kaman

We have a lot of combo gaurds so the potential to run different looks is there like what we did a lot with JJ when he was playing with us in our championship run.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Cunningham has massive potential, we'll see if he can transition to point but regardless he should get minutes as a rook.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I will root for the Nets SO HARD over the Knicks.
Just wait until LeBron runs into Chandler and Camby in the paint *****.

#WeGoinToTheShipIn2013
Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers keep being mentioned as a trading partner, and as being involved in trade talks, but like, what?

They have no assets other than Bynum, and I don't see the Magic trading Howard for Bynum straight up. Maybe Bynum + Pau for Howard + Turk? Financially it works. But I dunno if that makes the Lakers any better THIS year. On the court. Off the court they would make BANK.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Jared Cunningham has massive potential, we'll see if he can transition to point but regardless he should get minutes as a rook.
Yeah I'm excited that we got him in the trade reminds me of a Derick Rose type gaurd with the way he plays.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
The Lakers keep being mentioned as a trading partner, and as being involved in trade talks, but like, what?

They have no assets other than Bynum, and I don't see the Magic trading Howard for Bynum straight up. Maybe Bynum + Pau for Howard + Turk? Financially it works. But I dunno if that makes the Lakers any better THIS year. On the court. Off the court they would make BANK.
i think they were also willing to take J Rich.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta think the Collison trade is a prelude to something else for the Pacers.

I guess they think Stephenson is ready to take over the backup PG spot, which I'm not sure is the case.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun question: Which team will be better next season? And will either or both make the playoffs? If so, what seed, and who's out?

PG: Stephen Curry, Jarrett Jack
SG: Klay Thompson, Brandon Rush
SF: Harrison Barnes, Richard Jefferson
PF: David Lee
C: Andrew Bogut

I don't know what their big depth will be but that's a damn good lineup. Inevitable injuries to Bogut and Curry? Or will they finally stay healthy and compete?

PG: Ricky Rubio, Luke Ridnour
SG: ? Martell Webster, Wesley Johnson
SF: Nicolas Batum, Chase Budinger
PF: Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Anthony Randolph
C: Nikola Pekovic, Anthony Tolliver

Seem fairly deep. I think D-Will is garbage. But the roster is solid.

I personally believe the Warriors are better IF they can stay healthy. I think they will.

What do you all think?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Just wait until LeBron runs into Chandler and Camby in the paint *****.

#WeGoinToTheShipIn2013
I love what the Knicks have been doing.

#SuckItDwight
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Chandler and Camby on the floor at the same time?..

Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Camby is more of a back up, but I suppose you could put them both on the floor.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Btw I love how we got most of these guys on 1 year contracts, possibly another chance at the big market players next summer or extended the players we have now and be able to stay competitive.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I love what the Knicks have been doing.

#SuckItDwight
Join the movement friend!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Paul in Dallas next season.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Btw I love how we got most of these guys on 1 year contracts, possibly another chance at the big market players next summer or extended the players we have now and be able to stay competitive.
Bynum, Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, and Kevin Martin are the only very good players up for free agency.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Isn't Chris Paul one too?

Old 07-12-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Join the movement friend!
I just paying a compliment to what they've done.

They got Lin back, provided him with a mentor in Kidd, brought JR Smith back for dirt cheap, got tougher defensively in the post, and the other silver lining in getting Camby is that the Heat didn't get him.

The Heat can still be exposed by a team with great post players who can both score and defend inside the key.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Fun question: Which team will be better next season? And will either or both make the playoffs? If so, what seed, and who's out?

I don't know what their big depth will be but that's a damn good lineup. Inevitable injuries to Bogut and Curry? Or will they finally stay healthy and compete?

I personally believe the Warriors are better IF they can stay healthy. I think they will.

What do you all think?
Obviously biased, but the Wolves. D-Will will improve a lot and can play the 3 as well. No one will beat us on the boards when Love and Pek are out there. Curry and Bogut have never been healthy. It's hard to overstate the Rubio factor.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Isn't Chris Paul one too?
Yeah, but he'll most likely re-sign with the Clips. The other name he missed was Josh Smith. Monta Ellis and Iggy both have Early Termination Options, so they could beef up that class. Nikola Pekovic is underrated and I could see him getting $10M+.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

What do you all think?
Don't the Wolves have Brandon Roy?

Either way, I think it's the Wolves and not really that close either.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere on HoopsHype that a lot of GMs think CP3 wouldn't re-up with the Clippers because he still wants to get to the Knicks. I don't think they'll have the ability to get him, though. I'd be he still signs with the Clips, too

also, has Elton Brand officially been claimed by Dallas yet? I read that if he becomes a UFA, Brooklyn and San Antonio will both pursue him.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chandler and Camby on the floor at the same time?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I read somewhere on HoopsHype that a lot of GMs think CP3 wouldn't re-up with the Clippers because he still wants to get to the Knicks. I don't think they'll have the ability to get him, though. I'd be he still signs with the Clips, too

also, has Elton Brand officially been claimed by Dallas yet? I read that if he becomes a UFA, Brooklyn and San Antonio will both pursue him.
Haha, I want CP3 so bad. He's exactly what the Knicks need. Floor general and dominant ball handler that won't let Melo run the offense.

I mean, I've given up on potentially getting him but I suppose we do have assets to trade that could free up the room. Someone would take Chandler and Camby without question. They're stock is very high, especially Chandler.