Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be kind of a dick move to Chandler. He'd go from the key cog in a world champion team, to a defensive player of the year, and traded each time after both those accomplishments. I'd rather offer Lin and other random crap around him. CP3 will undoubtedly opt out, so the Clips might just wanna bring whatever they can in return.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I just paying a compliment to what they've done.

They got Lin back, provided him with a mentor in Kidd, brought JR Smith back for dirt cheap, got tougher defensively in the post, and the other silver lining in getting Camby is that the Heat didn't get him.

The Heat can still be exposed by a team with great post players who can both score and defend inside the key.
:-( This offseason makes me just so much more bummed that Mike Woodson is our coach. Yeah he might've learned some tricks...but I doubt he's discovered what happened to his balls and learned to stand up to his stars. I really like our roster...if we had a coach that had the offensive intelligence and creative to get Stat and Melo both to thrive.

I still have hope because Mike Woodson's cluelessness didn't prevent everyone from playing well for the week or two we had a healthy Lin, Melo and Stat under him, but god damn it has every sport bummed me out since the Giants won the Superbowl. The Avalanche missed a playoff spot in the last week of the season, a spot that went to the eventual Stanley Cup Winners. Then the NBA just decided to hate me in the playoffs. And Germany **** the bed against Italy, letting Spain get their record breaking third consecutive major tournament title. I never thought I'd feel this disappointed in Sports in a year where the Giants won the Superbowl.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Bobcats are finalizing a deal to sign Lakers free agent guard Ramon Sessions, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That would be kind of a dick move to Chandler. He'd go from the key cog in a world champion team, to a defensive player of the year, and traded each time after both those accomplishments. I'd rather offer Lin and other random crap around him. CP3 will undoubtedly opt out, so the Clips might just wanna bring whatever they can in return.
Well, it's purely a financial decision. Admittedly, I don't like Chandler as much as most, but I doubt we'd have the capacity to sign CP3 while Chandler was still here with his deal.

I think we'd have the assets for a S&T though.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lin, Shumpert, cap relief, and a bunch of 1st rounders for Paul...

doesn't seem much better than what the Nets offered for Howard, and they were willing to take Turkoglu from Orlando in that deal.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW what the hell Bulls, you get rid of Watson and Brewer after the years they just had? And Korver to? Do you not like having arguably the best bench unit in the NBA? Are they going to get a star 2 somehow with the money they're saving?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Fun question: Which team will be better next season? And will either or both make the playoffs? If so, what seed, and who's out?

PG: Stephen Curry, Jarrett Jack
SG: Klay Thompson, Brandon Rush
SF: Harrison Barnes, Richard Jefferson
PF: David Lee
C: Andrew Bogut

I don't know what their big depth will be but that's a damn good lineup. Inevitable injuries to Bogut and Curry? Or will they finally stay healthy and compete?

PG: Ricky Rubio, Luke Ridnour
SG: ? Martell Webster, Wesley Johnson
SF: Nicolas Batum, Chase Budinger
PF: Kevin Love, Derrick Williams, Anthony Randolph
C: Nikola Pekovic, Anthony Tolliver

Seem fairly deep. I think D-Will is garbage. But the roster is solid.

I personally believe the Warriors are better IF they can stay healthy. I think they will.

What do you all think?
Definitely the T'Wolves, even without a SG on the roster. Love and Rubio are studs. Pekovic a big strong Center, D-will, Batum and Budinger gives them good depth at forward and...well they still don't have a SG, but w/e.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
well they still don't have a SG, but w/e.

Really I know nothing about this dude but a lot of teams wanted him supposedly.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ALSO **** YES DARKO WAS AMNEStIED!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Undoubtedly huh?

If CP3 opts out, he gets to choose between the Mavs and Hawks who have cap space...and he would take a major pay cut from what the Clips could offer him.

Or he could force a trade to a team over the cap (which could be a Dwight-like scenario).
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat need to get Darko.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not one vote for the Warriors? Damn. That starting lineup is going to be pretty damn good (at least to start the season). And I love Jack as a backup PG.

They should be one of the best 3pt shooting teams and have one of the best PF-C combos in the league!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic should just let Dwight play out this season and let him walk... The Nets couldn't afford to sign him in Free Agency so he could whine and pout somewhere else and not get his way. He isn't as good as Andre Drummond anyway.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not one vote for the Warriors? Damn. That starting lineup is going to be pretty damn good (at least to start the season). And I love Jack as a backup PG.

They should be one of the best 3pt shooting teams and have one of the best PF-C combos in the league!
Ridnour is a damn good backup PG as well. And Love is just so much better than everyone on the Warriors.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Warriors will definitely be fun to watch this year.. They're gonna be a great shooting team, they'll score quite a bit but will probably give up a ton too. Hopefully they can stay healthy.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Warriors will definitely be fun to watch this year.. They're gonna be a great shooting team, they'll score quite a bit but will probably give up a ton too. Hopefully they can stay healthy.
That sounds like every Warriors team that I can remember. I don't think adding an injury prone center and a PG who is going to play 15-20 minutes a game makes them a playoff team.

Oh and Harrison Barnes but he's whatever.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bogut and Curry can stay healthy, I can see them making noise. But that's clearly not going to happen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scary thought... Hawks will have the ability to make a big 3 of Paul, Smith, Howard next season. trade Horford for one of them, sign the other straight up.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Magic should just let Dwight play out this season and let him walk... The Nets couldn't afford to sign him in Free Agency so he could whine and pout somewhere else and not get his way. He isn't as good as Andre Drummond anyway.
If he really did walk away without a trade at the end of the season, he'd lose out $30M+ and have to choose between the Hawks and Mavs.... not sure how he'd feel about that later, but we know right now that he doesn't want to be traded to them.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
scary thought... Hawks will have the ability to make a big 3 of Paul, Smith, Howard next season. trade Horford for one of them, sign the other straight up.
Not scary. Won't happen.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part is Dwight really thinks he's in control to where he goes this season.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
While it makes sense since Howard is from Atlanta and Chris Paul was hoping the hawks would draft him. That would just make way to much good things to happen to my hawks.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Horford, cap relief, picks for Howard is about as good an offer as Orlando will see for Dwight until he changes his stance on where he's willing to sign an extension.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
That sounds like every Warriors team that I can remember. I don't think adding an injury prone center and a PG who is going to play 15-20 minutes a game makes them a playoff team.

Oh and Harrison Barnes but he's whatever.
It's also addition by subtraction. Ellis and Wright are simply not winning players.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
While it makes sense since Howard is from Atlanta and Chris Paul was hoping the hawks would draft him. That would just make way to much good things to happen to my hawks.
The Hawks just NEEDED Marvin Williams instead though. All part of their master plan to then trade him for Devin Harris 7 years later. So worth it.