Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
what if they sign Dwight to an extension in which his 1st year salary is in the $15mil range? that, in combination with the four contracts I listed and Smith's cap hold, would total somewhere near $40.2mil. let's say they sign Smith to a max deal, which only shaves about $2-3mil off of their cap space because of his cap hold. that would bring them to a total of $43-44mil. depending on the contracts they signed Dwight and Smith to, they would have just enough to give Paul a max deal, no?
I think it would be simpler just to sign Smith (and Howard if they could) to an extension before next year's free agency starts. It doesn't seem likely that he gets a max contract so the first year of the deal should be lower than what his cap hold would be and then they might have enough room to bring Paul in. Depends on what contracts Atlanta takes back in the hypothetical Howard trade though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I think it would be simpler just to sign Smith (and Howard if they could) to an extension before next year's free agency starts. It doesn't seem likely that he gets a max contract so the first year of the deal should be lower than what his cap hold would be and then they might have enough room to bring Paul in. Depends on what contracts Atlanta takes back in the hypothetical Howard trade though.
I was suggesting they take all of the bad contract guys not named Hedo. and I found out Duhon's 13-14 year is non-guaranteed which would give them some more flexibility. depending on what they could sign Smith for, it's feasible, but they'd have to move quickly as Houston is ready to move in on Howard NOW
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Calderon wants a trade

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...-welcome-trade
Old 07-12-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was suggesting they take all of the bad contract guys not named Hedo. and I found out Duhon's 13-14 year is non-guaranteed which would give them some more flexibility. depending on what they could sign Smith for, it's feasible, but they'd have to move quickly as Houston is ready to move in on Howard NOW
Duhon's contract is unguaranteed, but by waiving him, the team would still incur a $1.5M cap hit. Hedo's is the same, except his cap hit would be around $6M, half of what he's owed if they didn't waive him. But really, those are expiring contracts so they might want to use them as trade assets too.

It's just that right NOW, they are bad contracts because it handicaps the Magic from adding to Dwight this summer. In the bigger picture of things ... in a post Dwight era, and a year rebuilding this year, those contracts are no longer THAT bad. Not like they are 3, 4, or 5 year deals. They become expiring next year or get cut in half if waived.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Durant is so good it makes my brain melt
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a bomb will explode soon.

Rockets official twitter site just started following Dwight, J-Rich, Duhon and Big Baby on twitter...

https://twitter.com/#!/HoustonRockets/following
Old 07-12-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Asking around, not as much interest among uncapped teams for Scola bid as you'd think. Minimum bid is $3+ million in year one, $10M total.

will be interesting to see if he clears the amnesty process. also I really wish ESPN would update the trade machine more quickly. I am getting antsy trying to mess with it and there's nothing to do because hardly anything is updated
Old 07-12-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think a bomb will explode soon.

Rockets official twitter site just started following Dwight, J-Rich, Duhon and Big Baby on twitter...

https://twitter.com/#!/HoustonRockets/following
Ummmm. wtf.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight's had his spotlight, can we please focus more on how amazing Kevin Durant is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Ummmm. wtf.
Yeah, like they have their own fans following them more than anything... would they troll them that hard?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scary part is my boy is only going to get better.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Dwight's had his spotlight, can we please focus more on how amazing Kevin Durant is?
This isn't about Dwight's spotlight... this is about the Magic's spotlight!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, like they have their own fans following them more than anything... would they troll them that hard?
I don't see why they'd be so messed up. Especially DUHON. No sober human being ever followed Duhon on twitter....

And they did just clear space by amnestying Scola...

I don't know. The last time I went on a twitter scavenger hunt I ended up being 99% sure LeBron chose New York. I was extremely wrong because of Jay Motorcycle Williams. I don't know why his motivation was to spread that rumor but he's a dick.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Also, DUnit, how the hell did you figure that out? A Magic message board? Those don't actually exist, right?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Tomorrow night, LeBron James will announce that he will sign with the New York Knickerbockers.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lololololol

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
lololololol
Thank you to the research department.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight will leave Houston in a year but too bad for them. If Orlando can get the lottery pick Houston has from Toronto as well as 2 other first rounders and some of these young assets they will make out huge.

I think something like this should go down:

Houston Receives:
Dwight Howard
Hedo Turkoglu

Toronto Receives:
Glen Davis
JJ Redick
Patrick Patterson

Orlando Receives:
Kevin Martin
Jose Calderon
Toney Douglas
Marcus Morris
Royce White
Unprotected 2012 First round pick(HOU)
2012 First round pick(Hou via/TOR)
future first round pick(TOR-Lottery protected for 3 years)

Lineups:

Houston:

PG: Shaun Livingston/Courtney Fortson
SG: Jeremy Lamb/Gary Forbes
SF: Chandler Parsons/Hedo Turkoglu
PF: Terrence Jones/Donatas Montiejunas/Jon Leuer
C: Dwight Howard/Jared Jordan/Josh Harrelson /Greg Smith

Toronto

PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: JJ Reddick/Terrence Ross
SF: DeMar Derozan/Linas Kleiza/James Johnson
PF: Andrea Bargnani/Glen Davis/Amir Johnson/Quincy Acy
C: Jonas Valanciunas/Ed Davis/Patrick Patterson

Orlando

PG: Jameer Nelson/Jose Calderon/Chris Duhon
SG: Kevin Martin/Toney Douglas
SF: Jason Richardson/Royce White/Quentin Richardson
PF: Andrew Nicholson/Marcus Morris/Justin Harper
C: Gustavo Ayon/Kyle O'quinn

This trade would give Orlando 3 first rounders in 2013 and building blocks with Nicholson and Royce White. They could definitely turn the expirings of veteran players like Calderon and Martin into picks or young assets.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not try to send Calderon to Houston so they can have a remotely competent PG? Also it is Jerome Jordan not Jared.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Houston comes out of any Dwight Howard trade in such terrible position that I don't even know why they're considering it. that lineup maybe steals the 8 seed from Utah, but I don't see them being better than any team besides that in an 82 game season
Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toronto isn't getting anything remotely close to giving up a future first for.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dont think Orlando would bite on that. They want Houstons young pups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Houston Rockets ‏@HoustonRockets

@HoustonRockets also follows all of these people https://twitter.com/#!/HoustonRockets/rocketspersonnel http://rockets.com #rednation #fun_to_be_a_fan_this_summer
Yup. It's a troll.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

I think Nets should really try to move for something like this...

Utah receives
Brook Lopez ($13,660,000) from Nets
Marshon Brooks ($1,160,040) from Nets
Protected 1st round pick from Bobcats (via Detroit)
2 future 1st round picks from Nets

Brooklyn receives
Al Jefferson ($15,000,000)
Tyrus Thomas ($8,000,000)

Charlotte receives
Kris Humphries ($10,000,000)
- front loaded/non-guaranteed
future 1st round pick from Nets or Jazz

I think this would work financially and seems like every team gets a big boost out of this.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Where is Diab and his random trades when you need them lol
Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Nets should really try to move for something like this...

Utah receives
Brook Lopez ($13,660,000) from Nets
Marshon Brooks ($1,160,040) from Nets
Protected 1st round pick from Bobcats (via Detroit)
2 future 1st round picks from Nets

Brooklyn receives
Al Jefferson ($15,000,000)
Tyrus Thomas ($8,000,000)

Charlotte receives
Kris Humphries ($10,000,000)
- front loaded/non-guaranteed
future 1st round pick from Nets or Jazz

I think this would work financially and seems like every team gets a big boost out of this.

I guess I don't see the massive interest for Brooklyn to give up 2 future 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote