Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're going to suck for quite a while...but I'll at least enjoy watching...Afflalo, Harkless, Nicholson, and Harper. Really need a PG for the future.

Afflalo's really excited to be coming over.

Harrington will be moved ASAP, I'm sure. Not the worst trade chip for later on.

I wish we didnt have the Meerkat, Hedo, Harrington, and Big Baby to steal minutes from the youngins. Even though, I still love Jameer and Turkoglu. But at this point...no need for em. I would really like to see us just start one of those young forwards...Harkless, Harper, or Nicholson.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if there will be a backlash from the other teams like when the Lakers tried to get Chris Paul.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way the lottery is rigged, at least we're pretty much guaranteed that #1 spot, regardless of where we finish.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well I'm not as in tuned to the offers as some here, but I was almost certain that I read they did offer all of that as well as not caring about the extension. I thought their GM pretty much came out and said all those things? It was Orlando who wasn't interested.
I've been following pretty closely and haven't seen their GM say that but if anyone can find it, it make a believer out of me. Plenty of rampant rumors but not the actual words from the source.

It was believed that the Magic have been trying to get Houston to up their rumors, but Houston wouldn't budge. They weren't offering Lamb, T Jones, White, multiple 1sts and cap relief (Kevin Martin).

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-10-2012 at 03:39 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The way the lottery is rigged, at least we're pretty much guaranteed that #1 spot, regardless of where we finish.
Pretty Much Yup.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
The reward of Bynum faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar outweighs the assortment of role players they recieved.
Metta? Is that you?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

M.O.T.H, I was at the bar with Harper on Wednesday night. I should have asked him how he felt about the whole Dwight situation.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Mo Harkless is Trevor Ariza at best. Aaron Afflalo and Al Harrington are solid role players that aren't going to do anything to keep the Magic out of the cellar, and neither are on cap friendly contracts. They couldn't even get rid of Hedo in this deal. This is the kind of trade that would make me change my favorite team if I was a Magic fan.

It's a league driven by superstars and Bynum was the only guy they could have gotten that has the ability to be one.
Hooray for nbadraft.net player comparisons making believers out of the public!

Harrington was solely got for salary cap relief. Hedo's deal is only partially guaranteed after this season. He's gonna get cut after the season. NEEDING to trade him is a misconception by the general public. Trading J-Rich was much more valuable.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
M.O.T.H, I was at the bar with Harper on Wednesday night. I should have asked him how he felt about the whole Dwight situation.
I honestly don't have much hopes that he'll ever last in the NBA. He shoots a lot of bricks from 3.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Pretty Much Yup.

Hes a little raw, I think I like Shabazz a little more to be honest. Hopefully you guys get a shot at Jabari Parker as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Pretty Much Yup.

That high top fade would look sexy in a Magic jersey.

Really though...on the bright side, Harkless and Nicholson have potential out the ass. Hopefully we hit on at least one of them. I really wanted Harkless this past draft, so I'm pysched to get em. Disgusting athlete. Love it. I want to stock the **** out of our roster with more athletic types.

The deal absolutely sucks...but it's done now. Just gotta look forward now. Still wish we had more young talent for this season, but Afflalo as the top dog and those young fowards make me somewhat happy. They'll be interesting to watch. I'm giving Hennigan the benefit of the doubt for now, praying he just has that eye for talent and was a major driving force behind OKC's past personnel moves.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm so impatient...I would just start Harkless and Harper/Nicholson together at the 3/4 right now. haha.

I'm so pysched to get Afflalo again...sad, that he's the best player we got back, but I'm such an Affalo fan boy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm so impatient...I would just start Harkless and Harper/Nicholson together at the 3/4 right now. haha.

I'm so pysched to get Afflalo again...sad, that he's the best player we got back, but I'm such an Affalo fan boy.
Hey, we can't let them start right away! We need to tank this season! Starting them will screw up that plan. LOL!

Haha. I'm glad we got AA but I can't say that I match your enthusiasm. You sound out of this world happy! haha.

I agree, I was onto Harkless in the draft too. I like his defensive tenacity. I was hoping for any of those SFs quite honestly. Terence Jones, Quincy Miller, PJ3, Royce White and Harkless had captured my eye.

I really wanted Lamb from Houston, but I'm really not that mad about this trade. I'm a fan of Hennigan and his draft prowess. I've got a man crush on Kyle O'Quinn.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I LOVE Afflalo...it's not like I love this deal or anything, though. I love his type and he's such a great indivisual. C Lee was in that Afflalo mold. I still think Afflalo could be a lot better than a lot of people think, though. He could be a little frustrating at times, cause you see him take initiative one game and drop 30 like it's nothing, and then the next game he'll just be passive and unselfish. I want selfish Afflalo. I want him taking 15+ shots a game on this team. No reason not too, he should easily be the "go to" on this team now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many posts in here about Dwight to L.A. and people saying it would never happen. Wowzers

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers agree to terms w/ reserve SG Jodie Meeks on a 2-year deal for about $3 mill. 2nd yr is team option. Meeks is 37% career 3-pt shooter.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 3 1st rounders the Magic would be getting are lottery-protected, so their only shot of getting Noel is with their own pick. The Nuggets, Lakers, and Sixers aren't headed to the lottery anytime soon though.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Hes a little raw, I think I like Shabazz a little more to be honest. Hopefully you guys get a shot at Jabari Parker as well.
Yup. Shabazz is the best scoring wing prospect since Kevin Durant.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is slobbering over the Lakers and Dwight here but people are ignoring just how good the Sixers are going to be next year.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Lakers agree to terms w/ reserve SG Jodie Meeks on a 2-year deal for about $3 mill. 2nd yr is team option. Meeks is 37% career 3-pt shooter.
Wanted this signing for a while now, awesome we finally got it done.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
The 3 1st rounders the Magic would be getting are lottery-protected, so their only shot of getting Noel is with their own pick. The Nuggets, Lakers, and Sixers aren't headed to the lottery anytime soon though.
Well obviously. haha. Our pick should be pretty damn high in that lottery And as long as we're even in the lottery, it will probably be fixed so that we win it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-10-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice signing.

So, after all that happened, Mitch Kupchak managed to swap Odom and Bynum for Nash and Howard, while acquiring Jamison. Not too shabby.

I'll admit, I was extremely pissed the deal was nixed last year, but right now I'm pretty happy.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hooray for nbadraft.net player comparisons making believers out of the public!

Harrington was solely got for salary cap relief. Hedo's deal is only partially guaranteed after this season. He's gonna get cut after the season. NEEDING to trade him is a misconception by the general public. Trading J-Rich was much more valuable.
I think I'm missing the part where a comparison being on NBADraft.net makes it untrue.

Richardson is making like 5-6 mill this year. I have no idea why everyone thinks that's so awful.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Melo just hit 3 dagggggers.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Yup. Shabazz is the best scoring wing prospect since Kevin Durant.
Haha no, no he isn't.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote