Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Haha no, no he isn't.
Who do you think has been a better wing prospect? Wesley Johnson, Eric Gordon, Evan Turner, James Harden or Michael Beasley? Perhaps before saying things you should know what you're talking about. He's got a strong mid-range game, gets to the rim at will and he's a fantastic finisher.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Who do you think has been a better wing prospect? Wesley Johnson, Eric Gordon, Evan Turner, James Harden or Michael Beasley? Perhaps before saying things you should know what you're talking about. He's got a strong mid-range game, gets to the rim at will and he's a fantastic finisher.
You tell him Thumper!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beasley most certainly was

Suns signed Jermaine O'Neal

Dragic - Marshall
Brown - Johnson
Beasley - Dudley
Scola - Frye - Morris
Gortat - O'Neal

vs

Nash - Blake
Kobe
Artest - Ebanks
Gasol - Jamison - McRoberts
Howard - Hill

:/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I think I'm missing the part where a comparison being on NBADraft.net makes it untrue.

Richardson is making like 5-6 mill this year. I have no idea why everyone thinks that's so awful.
It's $18M over 3 years that the Magic don't need to be spending. All about POV. For the Magic w/out Dwight, he's a bad contract. No doubt. For the Sixers he's a great fit. He can still shoot from 3...and nobody cares about bench players playing defense so they don't need to worry about that.

...It's reassuring to know that nbadraft.net player comparisons are such a great safety net for predicting the future.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

beasley was hyped as one of the best scoring wing prospects in quite some time. Let's not go all revisionist history, as a prospect, Beasley was pretty high up there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will have to see after this year but I think Beasley was a far better prospect

Old 08-10-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Haha no, no he isn't.
I know it's early to tell for Bazz, but out of curiosity (presuming he lives up to his HS hype, which is an assumption for sure but still) who do you like better than him as a scoring wing prospect? Wings at the top of the draft have been pretty crappy the last few years. Not really sure who I liked a lot for their scoring ability besides Harden.

I hope he ends up on the Bobcats. Would be so much intensity on the wings with him and Kidd-Gilchrist, and they could complement each other fairly well (provided 'Bazz develops some more as a shooter).
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Don't pretend like any of you liked Harden as a prospect I was flying solo on that

Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prett sure I liked him too. I just gave up on him way too quickly once he started out slow in the NBA.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Harden as pretty good player that would maybe make 1-2 ASG. I recall STRIP liking him as well.

Beasley was definitely insanely highly regarded though. The dude was unreal at K State.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nash - Blake/Duhon
Kobe - Meeks/Goudelock - Johnson-Odom
World Peace - Ebanks/Jamison?
Gasol - Jamison/Hill
Howard - Hill/Sacre

I'm fine with it

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't pretend like any of you liked Harden as a prospect I was flying solo on that
I remember all that Harden hate in here.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Suns signed Jermaine O'Neal

Dragic - Marshall
Brown - Johnson
Beasley - Dudley
Scola - Frye - Morris
Gortat - O'Neal

vs

Nash - Blake
Kobe
Artest - Ebanks
Gasol - Jamison - McRoberts
Howard - Hill

:/
McRoberts is out, Meeks, Duhon, and Clark are in.

:)

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Nash - Blake/Duhon
Kobe - Meeks/Goudelock - Johnson-Odom
World Peace - Ebanks/Jamison?
Gasol - Jamison/Hill
Howard - Hill/Sacre

I'm fine with it
Looks about right, I think Jamison will definitely get some minutes at the 3 off the bench, and Clark may as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isn't Darius Morris still on the team?

can we execute steve blake?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Ya Morris signed his qualifying offer.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Im not a big fan of Blake either, but Morris didnt play like I hoped he would last year. Way too tentative.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old man Harden. No explosiveness. That's how I hated on him. I should've included ugly beard too. Harden has an easy role being third wheel to Durant and Westbrook. Its been great for his career but asking him to be a lead cat on any team is asking for too much. Normally you want a superstar with a pick that high but in this case he's been a good enough return. Lets not get too carried away. He kind of let his team down in the finals.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With LeBron at the 4, and Bosh at the 5, the Heat are still better than the Lakers. Gasol needs to be near the basket, and you can't just sub him out, since Jamison is just as bad on D.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what? Howard would butt **** Bosh at the 5. Pau can easily play at the top of the foul line and pick and pop with Nash all day
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
what? Howard would butt **** Bosh at the 5. Pau can easily play at the top of the foul line and pick and pop with Nash all day
Why PNR with Gasol when you have Dwight? Gasol's their 2nd PNR option now. It'd be like the Bengals starting Brian Leonard even though they have BJGE on the roster.

And Dwight's better near the basket also, so Bosh could just take him out of the paint and shoot jumpers.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Why PNR with Gasol when you have Dwight? Gasol's their 2nd PNR option now. It'd be like the Bengals starting Brian Leonard even though they have BJGE on the roster.

And Dwight's better near the basket also, so Bosh could just take him out of the paint and shoot jumpers.
I said pick and pop...not pick and roll. 2 completely different things. Pau's got an incredibly under-rated outside game. He was nailing 3's in the olympics for spain and can shoot. He can work around the top of the key and leave dwight one v one in the paint, which is virtually unguardable, especially if it's Bosh on him. And Bosh out of the paint? So what, the Heat are going to play with no people in the paint? Even if they ran a 4 out- 1 high, Dwight's recovery speed and length on help defense is crazy as well, he'd be fine for if Lebron or DWade attacked the basket.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Howard is more than athletic enough to guard Bosh wherever he wants to take him. If they do start with that line-up Bosh will get raped. I would imagine they send someone like Anthony or Haslam out to try and guard Dwight and just try to slow him down.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I said pick and pop...not pick and roll. 2 completely different things. Pau's got an incredibly under-rated outside game. He was nailing 3's in the olympics for spain and can shoot. He can work around the top of the key and leave dwight one v one in the paint, which is virtually unguardable, especially if it's Bosh on him. And Bosh out of the paint? So what, the Heat are going to play with no people in the paint? Even if they ran a 4 out- 1 high, Dwight's recovery speed and length on help defense is crazy as well, he'd be fine for if Lebron or DWade attacked the basket.
Just misread your post. And a 3 in the Olympics is much easier than it is in the NBA, so that doesn't mean anything. He went 7/27 from the 3 last season, so it's not really that underrated. If they needed a mid-range jumper, they'd just let Nash do his thing, or give it to Kobe. He's way too slow to guard the likes of LeBron and Wade. Bosh out of the paint worked fine for them in the finals. If they're going to rely on Dwight always bailing Gasol out, the Heat have the advantage.

EDIT: Yes, Dwight would rape Bosh on offense, but Kobe's gonna want the ball too, and if Gasol doesn't get the ball, he's pretty much useless on this team.

Last edited by Docta : 08-11-2012 at 06:03 PM.