Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, but Olympic 3's aren't NBA 3's, they're shorter. Mid-range is perfectly fine for Pau. He's not a 3 point shooter, but his midrange game is quite good. Lebron at the 4 causes mismatches for almost anyone in the NBA, but Dwight would easily leave Bosh in a rotation if Lebron drives on Pau. Rotation to cover the Bosh jumper. Lebron causes mismatches for every team because he's Lebron, but Dwight's athleticism and length on D makes it a huge advantage. Plus, Bosh couldn't guard Dwight in the paint, and Lebron would have trouble with Pau. They'd have to keep Anthony or Udonis in to try and slow Dwight down. And for rebounds, my goodness for rebounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to root for and bet on the Heat against these Lakers.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OKC is still built to beat LA. Perkins can slow Dwight down (that's the ONLY thing he can do), Durant and Westbrook are still impossible to guard with their lineup, and they're quicker. Hell, the Nugs could give the Lakers some trouble too with their insane speed and youth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers aren't even the best basketball team in their own city.

Jordan < Dwight
Griffin > Gasol
Butler > Artest
Billups < Kobe
Paul > Nash

Hill, Crawford > Jamison, Blake

CLIPPERS DYNASTY BITCHES

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
OKC is still built to beat LA. Perkins can slow Dwight down (that's the ONLY thing he can do), Durant and Westbrook are still impossible to guard with their lineup, and they're quicker. Hell, the Nugs could give the Lakers some trouble too with their insane speed and youth.
Nash vs Lawson (or Miller)
Kobe vs Iggy
Artest vs Gallo
Pau vs Faried
Howard vs McGee

It'd be a battle for sure but Denver is deeper and younger at every position on the floor than that Lakers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL @ Blake Griffin being better than Pau. Blake is an overrated, overly dramatic player who is only good for dunks.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Yes, but Olympic 3's aren't NBA 3's, they're shorter. Mid-range is perfectly fine for Pau. He's not a 3 point shooter, but his midrange game is quite good. Lebron at the 4 causes mismatches for almost anyone in the NBA, but Dwight would easily leave Bosh in a rotation if Lebron drives on Pau. Rotation to cover the Bosh jumper. Lebron causes mismatches for every team because he's Lebron, but Dwight's athleticism and length on D makes it a huge advantage. Plus, Bosh couldn't guard Dwight in the paint, and Lebron would have trouble with Pau. They'd have to keep Anthony or Udonis in to try and slow Dwight down. And for rebounds, my goodness for rebounds
LeBron's not going to have trouble with Pau. He did fine with Durant in the Finals. And I don't know how much they're going to rotate if Mike Miller is also in at the 3, and if he's back to his regular form.

Dwight's injury is being overlooked though. It took the Heat 2 years to get their chemistry down, and Dwight's probably gonna be out for half the season.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight doesn't even need to be slowed down. I still think they need Gasol to come up big offensively and I'm not sure adding Dwight is going to help Gasol on the low block.

Might be more of Gasol standing near the perimeter and watching Kobe do whatever he wants.

Their offense might take a while. Kinda reminds me of Malone-GP-Shaq.

And I'm still not even huge on OKC. They rely on the jump shot too much to consistently win series. And Westbrook's all over the place, and none of their big three is a plus defender. Just something that irks me about them. Usually at least one of your big-time stars is a good defender too.

I do like the Nuggets but they have to rely on JAVALE MCGEE so that negates them.

Can't trust the Spurs after the past two years.

Memphis is still bleh but I guess they could creep (so funny that once the National media started giving them hype it was so obvious they weren't going to creep again this year).

I love GS this year but they aren't near that level.

Dallas lost two of their best three players from their title team and replaced them with Juice Mayo and Kaman-til-he-gets-hurt/Brand. Not good.

I would love the Clips as a darkhorse if Blake Griffin actually ascended into the stardom that the media pretends he's earned. Maybe he'll make the leap this year but I'm not holding my breath. They have a sneaky good team in that Billups returning is like a huge addition no one is talking about. But they need too much to go right - CP3 staying healthy for 82, Odom's mood to stay even, and Jordan to learn how to play basketball just a little.

I guess I'll go with Phoenix. Beasley wins the first of many Finals MVPs.

So it's Lakers by default but the Heat will smack them. Artest will need to check into an institution after LeBron gets done with him. Howard and Gasol will shrink, and Heat rises again.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant is a 3 and Pau is a 4 they have completely different games. Pau can post up Lebron and Durant cant.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Durant is a 3 and Pau is a 4 they have completely different games. Pau can post up Lebron and Durant cant.
But in what scenario is a team with Nash, Kobe, and Howard going to consistently feed the ball to Pau on the low block to attack LeBron freaking James - probably the best defender in the NBA - so that he can take 'advantage' of him down low? Not to mention Bron is a brilliant post defender and is stronger, more athletic, quicker, and the only thing he needs to do is make up about four inches with his physical advantages on a given possession.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
LOL @ Blake Griffin being better than Pau. Blake is an overrated, overly dramatic player who is only good for dunks.
Player A: 55% FG%, 20.7 PPG, 10.9 RPG, 0.7 BPG, 23.4 PER
Player B: 50% FG%, 17.4 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 1.4 BPG, 20.5 PER

A is Griffin, B is Gasol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
But in what scenario is a team with Nash, Kobe, and Howard going to consistently feed the ball to Pau on the low block to attack LeBron freaking James - probably the best defender in the NBA - so that he can take 'advantage' of him down low? Not to mention Bron is a brilliant post defender and is stronger, more athletic, quicker, and the only thing he needs to do is make up about four inches with his physical advantages on a given possession.
I was merely trying to point out that using Durant as an example of Lebron being able to stop Pau makes no sense.

You don't have to feed Pau in the post. You can feed Dwight in the post and nobody on the Heat can really stop him. The more effort they have to put on defending Dwight. The more things open up for Nash, Kobe, & Pau.

Lebron is probably the best defender in the NBA on the wings. I would not call him a brilliant post defender. Not that he is incapable of doing it just I think it would wear him down if he had to do it for the majority of a game.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was merely trying to point out that using Durant as an example of Lebron being able to stop Pau makes no sense.

You don't have to feed Pau in the post. You can feed Dwight in the post and nobody on the Heat can really stop him. The more effort they have to put on defending Dwight. The more things open up for Nash, Kobe, & Pau.

Lebron is probably the best defender in the NBA on the wings. I would not call him a brilliant post defender. Not that he is incapable of doing it just I think it would wear him down if he had to do it for the majority of a game.
Oh.

I definitely disagree with the last part but there's no way of knowing because he'd never play the post for an entire game.

As for Dwight, I'm not worried. Just don't let him dunk and foul him. If he really develops a consistent inside game other than dunking then he'll be Shaq and everyone can bow down to his greatness. Until then, limit dunks, use your fouls.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
The Lakers aren't even the best basketball team in their own city.

Jordan < Dwight
Griffin > Gasol
Butler > Artest
Billups < Kobe
Paul > Nash

Hill, Crawford > Jamison, Blake

CLIPPERS DYNASTY BITCHES
dynasty? try winning something (no, dunk contests do not count) first

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh.

I definitely disagree with the last part but there's no way of knowing because he'd never play the post for an entire game.

As for Dwight, I'm not worried. Just don't let him dunk and foul him. If he really develops a consistent inside game other than dunking then he'll be Shaq and everyone can bow down to his greatness. Until then, limit dunks, use your fouls.
Actually Power forwards and Centers get worn down later in games defending the post. Lebron despite being a athletic freak he is still human. It would not be any different it would wear him down as well.

Just fouling him even if Dwight misses half his ft's still will put your team in foul trouble and the Lakers will just live at the line. Where they have one of the best ft shooters in league history in Nash. Kobe who is a career 80% ft shooter, Pau who is a career 75%. Hell even Metta is a 70% for his career.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Actually Power forwards and Centers get worn down later in games defending the post. Lebron despite being a athletic freak he is still human. It would not be any different it would wear him down as well.

Just fouling him even if Dwight misses half his ft's still will put your team in foul trouble and the Lakers will just live at the line. Where they have one of the best ft shooters in league history in Nash. Kobe who is a career 80% ft shooter, Pau who is a career 75%. Hell even Metta is a 70% for his career.
Eh. There really aren't that many non-shooting defensive fouls in the playoffs anyway. Especially when the refs know a team is in the bonus. And if it's Dwight - good. He'll never go 2/2.

And it's not like Joel Anthony matters as anything more than 6 fouls.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the chemistry issue, and Dwight's injury (seriously, what's up with that? Anyone heard anything recently?) But the Heat were similar players. Lebron and Wade have similar attacking styles and had trouble complimenting each other early. The Lakers, however, have a PF who can shoot, a pure center who is a monster in the paint on both sides, a PG who doesn't care about shooting and will drive and dish, and Kobe, the pure scorer who can take over a game if needed. They compliment each others style of play so well, which makes them so scary
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh. There really aren't that many non-shooting defensive fouls in the playoffs anyway. Especially when the refs know a team is in the bonus. And if it's Dwight - good. He'll never go 2/2.

And it's not like Joel Anthony matters as anything more than 6 fouls.
Stars get calls. Lakers starting lineup now except for Metta are guys that generally get a lot of FT attempts.

I am not going to bother coming up with a response for Joel Anthony cause like you said he does not matter
Old 08-11-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I understand the chemistry issue, and Dwight's injury (seriously, what's up with that? Anyone heard anything recently?) But the Heat were similar players. Lebron and Wade have similar attacking styles and had trouble complimenting each other early. The Lakers, however, have a PF who can shoot, a pure center who is a monster in the paint on both sides, a PG who doesn't care about shooting and will drive and dish, and Kobe, the pure scorer who can take over a game if needed. They compliment each others style of play so well, which makes them so scary
Ah but it's much different with wing players (especially one like LeBron who can play literally anywhere on the floor) and big men.

Down low is a much more confined space. Wings operate completely away from each other - you can have two wings with similar abilities and be successful. Big men like Gasol and Howard? I don't know. I see Gasol floating more and when he's settling for Jimmies that's not when he's at his best. Maybe I'm wrong I'm no offensive guru.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Would be an interesting poll to see how many think the Lakers are now better than the Heat.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of the Thunder big three are a plus defender? Westbrook certainly is. Harden and Durant aren't bad either.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Ah but it's much different with wing players (especially one like LeBron who can play literally anywhere on the floor) and big men.

Down low is a much more confined space. Wings operate completely away from each other - you can have two wings with similar abilities and be successful. Big men like Gasol and Howard? I don't know. I see Gasol floating more and when he's settling for Jimmies that's not when he's at his best. Maybe I'm wrong I'm no offensive guru.
I think the set up is going to be Nash at top with Kobe running around the perimeter with him. Setting up drive and dishes. Keep Metta out in the corner where he can't **** up, and hit the wide open 3. Gasol should be running the high post, where I believe he can be tremendously effective. He can knock down that 15-20 foot jumper with consistency. Set screens up top for Nash to run the pick and pop. Nash drives, can kick to Kobe who can mamba, drive and dish to Dwight, or kick out to Pau for the jumper. They can certainly make it work and make it deadly. Pau has the feet and enough agility to be a pretty dangerous asset playing the high post.
Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just trade Pau and Metta for Kevin Love. That would be fun to watch.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
None of the Thunder big three are a plus defender? Westbrook certainly is. Harden and Durant aren't bad either.
Westbrook is quick, he gets his steals, but he's not a good team defender and for someone with his athleticism he gets beat way, way too much. He gambles a lot and always does weird things that leave me scratching my head. His focus is always offense and that's where you see his intensity. If he was that intense and energetic and enthusiastic on the defensive end, he'd be a monster but he just isn't.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think the set up is going to be Nash at top with Kobe running around the perimeter with him. Setting up drive and dishes. Keep Metta out in the corner where he can't **** up, and hit the wide open 3. Gasol should be running the high post, where I believe he can be tremendously effective. He can knock down that 15-20 foot jumper with consistency. Set screens up top for Nash to run the pick and pop. Nash drives, can kick to Kobe who can mamba, drive and dish to Dwight, or kick out to Pau for the jumper. They can certainly make it work and make it deadly. Pau has the feet and enough agility to be a pretty dangerous asset playing the high post.
I mean I don't disagree with any of these visions, I just think it's overly optimistic to expect it to work that well considering the histories of these particular players. I expect it to be a lot of work for them to mesh but we'll see.

Bold: I don't love a 7-footer who is a good FT shooter limiting himself to a jump shooter. Not that he'll be exclusively high post, but I feel he's at his best when he's down low drawing contact and passing out of the post, getting to the line.

We'll see. And it's different because of playing styles but I think the chemistry issues will remind us of Kobe/Shaq/Payton/Malone. Just my prediction.