Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Hibbert is already on peoples' radar screens. He is 7'2". You can see him from space!!!! Hibbert is likely not a lottery pick, IMO, but he is a mid first rounder and will be able to help. You need to look at athletic guys on winning teams to find the next Ty Thomas. I think that guy will come from Kansas or UNC. Durant and Oden are already 1 and 2 on every board...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Dj Strawberry if I had to say someone that will jump up into the late 1st
Old 03-13-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I'd say Dj Strawberry if I had to say someone that will jump up into the late 1st
Love Strawberry great defender, good ball handler, passer, reads passing lanes well, but although much improved he must show a more consistent jump shot to please NBA GM's.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Brandon Rush?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RUDY!!!! is my fav Euro of this year
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Love Strawberry great defender, good ball handler, passer, reads passing lanes well, but although much improved he must show a more consistent jump shot to please NBA GM's.
Sounds a lot like Raja Bell with some other plus skills. I think Strawberry will be a productive bench player who will develop into a decent and acceptable offensive player over time. Late second rounder who will flourish playing 10-20 minutes a game locking down someone like TMac or Kobe.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For me that's no problem at all. If he tries to be a gym rat a little more and work on it alot in the off-season he will turn into a very good player. You can't teach intensity on defense, willingness to defend, passing and vision as much as you can improve on a shot. I like him alot more than a guy who can shoot the lights out
Old 03-13-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strawberry reminds me of a less offensive minded but more defensive minded Larry Hughes. They have similar skill sets and similar size, Larry like Strawberry is a streaky shooter who can drive.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Roy Hibbert is already on peoples' radar screens. He is 7'2". You can see him from space!!!! Hibbert is likely not a lottery pick, IMO, but he is a mid first rounder and will be able to help. You need to look at athletic guys on winning teams to find the next Ty Thomas. I think that guy will come from Kansas or UNC. Durant and Oden are already 1 and 2 on every board...

I know Hibbert isn't going to move the same way Thomas did, but I'm thinking he could move from lower middle first round or late first round to upper middle, maybe even late lottery consideration. For a high riser I don't know because most guys I can think of (Crittenton and Young from GT if they go anywhere, Wright from UNC, Reynolds from Nova although they could have trouble getting out of the second round) are on the NBA radar.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sasha Pavlovic is a scoring machine. As insane as it is to think about, they actually have played better this year when Lebron is out of the lineup (9-2 this year without him). If the Pistons lose tonight (not that likely) the Cavs will be one game behind them for the #1 spot.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-13-2007 at 09:23 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so yea, Tyrus just had another incredible dunk. Watch SC tonight. I'm telling you guys, in about 2-3 years he's going to be an absolute stud. Even as a rookie he's starting really come on as player not only defensively, but offensively.

And I think hinch can atest to that as well.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Ok so yea, Tyrus just had another incredible dunk. Watch SC tonight. I'm telling you guys, in about 2-3 years he's going to be an absolute stud. Even as a rookie he's starting really come on as player not only defensively, but offensively.

And I think hinch can atest to that as well.
Tyrus of the 4.2 points per game fame?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
Starbosa going off tonight, great win by the Suns.

And Dallas.... ouch.
that is the biggest slurp nick name i seen starbosa, wow since starbury left phx you guys just slurp off of marbury
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Tyrus of the 4.2 points per game fame?
Tyrus averages that in what about 15 minutes per game, if even that. You have to watch what he does to understand what I'm talking about on a consistent basis. He's really starting to come on.

Not saying he's a superstar yet or anything, but in about 2 years he'll be a player.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Check that, about 11 minutes per game.

Quote:
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tyrus averages that in what about 15 minutes per game, if even that. You have to watch what he does to understand what I'm talking about on a consistent basis. He's really starting to come on.

Not saying he's a superstar yet or anything, but in about 2 years he'll be a player.
me being an arrogant knick fan. Curry is better
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future View Post
that is the biggest slurp nick name i seen starbosa, wow since starbury left phx you guys just slurp off of marbury
Yeah I'm sure they really miss that piece of **** now that they're dominating the NBA.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah I'm sure they really miss that piece of **** now that they're dominating the NBA.
yea i think they really do. well i dont see Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Antonio McDyess, Maciej Lampe, shaping up in the pheonix suns
Old 03-13-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eddy Curry doesn't play defense or rebound well. He's a good low post scorer but would not have fit in with the style of basketball the Bulls play. Plus Tyrus has not been in the league as long and can still develop, Curry won't be getting too much better. Not saying Tyrus will end up better, but compare them two or three years down the road, not now. It makes no sense. And the Bulls also get to swap first rounders this year which could be good, especially if the Knicks don't make the playoffs.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Eddy Curry doesn't play defense or rebound well. He's a good low post scorer but would not have fit in with the style of basketball the Bulls play. Plus Tyrus has not been in the league as long and can still develop, Curry won't be getting too much better. Not saying Tyrus will end up better, but compare them two or three years down the road, not now. It makes no sense. And the Bulls also get to swap first rounders this year which could be good, especially if the Knicks don't make the playoffs.
imo and not coming from a homer knick fan opinion but i think curry this season has setteled to become one of the better big man in the east, he shoucld of been an all star
Old 03-13-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
imo and not coming from a homer knick fan opinion but i think curry this season has setteled to become one of the better big man in the east, he shoucld of been an all star
He is one of the better low post scorers in the East but his all-around game definitely needs some work IMO.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Hawks win 4th straight game tonight by 12 and oh my gosh Josh Smith is an absolute animal Star in the making. His Statline: 26 Points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Um you realize Eddy is in his what 5th year now, and Tyrus is a rookie. Yea that's great analysis right there.

Eddy is a lazy piece of garbage who doesn't committ defensively and who doesn't rebound. He may be a force down low, but he's one dimensional.

Btw, Tyrus is putting on a show tonight.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Hawks win 4th straight game tonight by 12 and oh my gosh Josh Smith is an absolute animal Star in the making. His Statline: 26 Points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks.
How come whenever I watch him he's not good? Wierd. I see the stats but the last 3 or 4 times I've seen him he's been god awful.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Um you realize Eddy is in his what 5th year now, and Tyrus is a rookie. Yea that's great analysis right there.

Eddy is a lazy piece of garbage who doesn't committ defensively and who doesn't rebound. He may be a force down low, but he's one dimensional.

Btw, Tyrus is putting on a show tonight.
6-8 from the field and 13 points, he could use some work on FT shooting to get more consistent but he'll at least be a very solid contributor off the bench for us in the future. Not as many rebounds as usual tonight and he as always has a block. It's been nice to see him progress the past few weeks.