Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would go 1. Jefferson 2. Bynum 3. Bropez 4. Gasol 5. Gortat

Cousins simply shoots at far too low of a percentage

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
He isn't better than Bynum, Jefferson, Gasol or Cousins.
I agree with MetSox.

BBD its obvious the only one who doesn't have a ******* clue about basketball is you. Finesse doesn't mean you're a *****, if you like to correlate the two than I'm sorry you didn't get much of an education my friend.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I agree with MetSox.

BBD its obvious the only one who doesn't have a ******* clue about basketball is you. Finesse doesn't mean you're a *****, if you like to correlate the two than I'm sorry you didn't get much of an education my friend.
I'm not saying he's a bad basketball player. He's good. But he's a *****. It is what it is.

You think players are afraid to attack the paint bc Dirk is there? Get real. He's a *****.

Bosh is a *****, Dirk is a *****, Brook is a *****, Pau is a *****. Good players, but they're bitches.

You can be a good player and play like a *****. All the above are those type of players. Teams punk them in the playoffs and they typically fold up. Bc they're soft.

Dirk wouldn't have a ring if he didn't have Tyson to be his enforcer in the paint.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I would go 1. Jefferson 2. Bynum 3. Bropez 4. Gasol 5. Gortat

Cousins simply shoots at far too low of a percentage
It's arguable, so i'll rebut. If we're going by percentages, you should consider guys like Howard and Chandler. But obviously FG% isn't everything. We were discussing skill, and i think Gasol and Cousins are more skilled because they have the ability to play from the inside out, and their offensive rebounding boosts their value on that side of the floor. I think both of those guys have better post games. Gasol is a little more technically sound, Cousins is explosive and has raw, natural ability. Both who i'd take before Bropez on offense.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not saying he's a bad basketball player. He's good. But he's a *****. It is what it is.

You think players are afraid to attack the paint bc Dirk is there? Get real. He's a *****.

Bosh is a *****, Dirk is a *****, Brook is a *****, Pau is a *****. Good players, but they're bitches.

You can be a good player and play like a *****. All the above are those type of players. Teams punk them in the playoffs and they typically fold up. Bc they're soft.

Dirk wouldn't have a ring if he didn't have Tyson to be his enforcer in the paint.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 10-08-2012 at 07:17 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brook is above average center. Nothing more. And Bynum is not even close to being the most skilled center offenisvely. That would be Hibbert. He has every post move in the book, can finish with either hand and has a legit mid range jumper. If he had a even a little bit of athleticism, he would run the league no question. And Gasol hasn't been a center for 2 years now so he shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Then by your logic your favorite player Amare Stoudemire is a giant *****.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure you watched our 2011 run where Dirk literally put the team on his back and won the championship. He played amazing and someone is bitter because the nicks don't have that type of player that will do that.

/discussion

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/im...340&h=234&q=75

Even nash tried to get his hair like dirk and the only reason I posted this picture because I thought it was funny.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Then by your logic your favorite player Amare Stoudemire is a giant *****.
Stat isn't soft, he just sucks on defense. And his knees are gone.

Dirk is just soft. Like I said, I'm not saying he's a bad player. He's a great player. A HOFer. But he's soft.

What's the big deal? It's true. There have been a lot of good players in this league that were soft. He's one of them.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say I don't see the issue either. Dirk isn't mentally soft, but he's pretty physically soft for a guy his size.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dirk isn't a big man though. He just happens to be a 7 foot shooting guard. Dirk never played inside before coming to the NBA. He was a SF. He plays the 4 but that was never his game. The rest we're totally in agreement. They lack the toughness you typical look for in a 5. But Dirk was never a big man in that sense. Height doesn't define your position on the court. Dirk is and always has been a wing player.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-08-2012 at 07:25 PM.
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Brook is above average center. Nothing more. And Bynum is not even close to being the most skilled center offenisvely. That would be Hibbert. He has every post move in the book, can finish with either hand and has a legit mid range jumper. If he had a even a little bit of athleticism, he would run the league no question. And Gasol has been a center for 2 years now so he shouldn't even be in the conversation.
One does not need a jumper to be the best offensively skilled center. Bynum is what Hibbert would be if he had an ounce of athleticism (obviously without the jumper), but that's why he dominates when he feels like playing. And i'm not sure if you know that i'm referring to Marc Gasol. Who has been a C his whole life.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I have to say I don't see the issue either. Dirk isn't mentally soft, but he's pretty physically soft for a guy his size.
Thank you, that's all I'm saying.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pau isn't nearly as soft as Amar'e is, for what it's worth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Wtf does it matter though? Dirk's name was the first one that was brought up, and he's the guy whose balls you should least be breaking. He's a HOF'er that put his team on his back and won them a championship. He can be charmin soft for all i care. Other guys whose names are being thrown around are no where near his caliber.
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stat isn't soft, he just sucks on defense. And his knees are gone.

Dirk is just soft. Like I said, I'm not saying he's a bad player. He's a great player. A HOFer. But he's soft.

What's the big deal? It's true. There have been a lot of good players in this league that were soft. He's one of them.
He sucks on D cause he is soft and he is a giant *****.

The fact that you try to defend Amare while ******** on Dirk is laughable and continues to show you don't know anything.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Dirk isn't a big man though. He just happens to be a 7 foot shooting guard. Dirk never played inside before coming to the NBA. He was a SF. He plays the 4 but that was never his game. The rest we're in totally agreement. They lack the toughness you typical look for in a 5. But Dirk was never a big man in that sense. Height doesn't define your position on the court. Dirk is and always has been a wing player.
See, that's the thing, I'm not talking about his offense. I have no problem with him stretching the floor on offense.

But he needs to be more of a presence on defense. He has no excuse for being soft on defense. He's 7 feet tall and thick framed, he should be an enforcer on defense. Imagine if he was both the amazing wing man on offense and a presence in the paint on defense.

He'd have multiple rings. Not just one.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah and if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. Who the hell cares that he isn't an enforcer on defense? That's not his game. No one in the NBA can play elite defense for a whole game, and the ones that can don't give enough of a **** to do it, or are terrible on offense. Only guys recently that have been elite on both ends of the floor are Kobe and Lebron.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah and if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. Who the hell cares that he isn't an enforcer on defense? That's not his game. No one in the NBA can play elite defense for a whole game, and the ones that can don't give enough of a **** to do it, or are terrible on offense. Only guys recently that have been elite on both ends of the floor are Kobe and Lebron.
Gtfo, there are plenty of great players in the NBA that play both sides of the ball. Wade, Durant, Dwight, Duncan (when he wasn't 50), Rose, Paul, your *** lover Cousins.

There's plenty.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Gtfo, there are plenty of great players in the NBA that play both sides of the ball. Wade, Durant, Dwight, Duncan (when he wasn't 50), Rose, Paul, your *** lover Cousins.

There's plenty.
Did you miss the part where i said elite? I'd add Wade from a few years ago in there. Durant is most definitely not an elite defender, Dwight is not an elite offensive player, Duncan in his prime was both so i forgot him, Rose, Paul and Cousins aren't elite defenders and they certainly don't do it over the course of a whole game.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
One does not need a jumper to be the best offensively skilled center. Bynum is what Hibbert would be if he had an ounce of athleticism (obviously without the jumper), but that's why he dominates when he feels like playing. And i'm not sure if you know that i'm referring to Marc Gasol. Who has been a C his whole life.
Bynum isnt close to Hibbert offensively. He has three basic go to moves and he has one hand. And he has never been dominate. He's shown flashes of being really good but dominate is a strong word and I reserve that for guys who truly are that. This coming from a die-hard Laker fan. The guy hasn't faced a true double-team in his life and made a play out of it. And is a horrible and I mean a HORRIBLE passer out of the block. It's more to being skilled offensively than putting the ball in the net. You have to be able to pass, spot the double and the cutters and deliver the ball where guys can make plays. That's not Bynum. Never has been. And I don't think it will ever change. People will see how 'dominate' Bynum is this year. I think the majority will be disappointed.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you miss the part where i said elite? I'd add Wade from a few years ago in there. Durant is most definitely not an elite defender, Dwight is not an elite offensive player, Duncan in his prime was both so i forgot him, Rose, Paul and Cousins aren't elite defenders and they certainly don't do it over the course of a whole game.
Paul was an elite defender, not anymore though. Dwight is absolutely elite offensively when you factor in his rebounding.

EDIT: KG a few years back definitely fits in here too. Manu is also incredibly underrated defensively; maybe not elite but pretty close up until a year ago.

Last edited by Rob S : 10-08-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dominant* The word is DOMINANT.

Whatever, to each his own. I refuse to believe that someone who has never averaged more than 13ppg in a season is the most offensively dominant center in the league.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
See, that's the thing, I'm not talking about his offense. I have no problem with him stretching the floor on offense.

But he needs to be more of a presence on defense. He has no excuse for being soft on defense. He's 7 feet tall and thick framed, he should be an enforcer on defense. Imagine if he was both the amazing wing man on offense and a presence in the paint on defense.

He'd have multiple rings. Not just one.
I disagree. He has no lateral movement so he can't defend the wing. And he isn't a big so he can't bang inside. He's just bad, not soft. Honestly if Dirk couldn't shoot, he would probably have no offensive game because his shot buys him space on the offensive end. I really can't hold that against him. You asking him to play like a wing player on offense but bang around inside like a 5 on defense. How many ppl in the history of the league have done that? And Dirk has improved his post defense. He's not a complete liability down there anymore. But you give a guy like Stat a pass, who's played on the block his entire life but wouldn't know good post D if it smacked his goggles off.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-08-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dominant* The word is DOMINANT.

Whatever, to each his own. I refuse to believe that someone who has never averaged more than 13ppg in a season is the most offensively dominant center in the league.
Bad talent initially, not the first option, and bad coaching. If Hibbert were on the Lakers ppl would talk about him like they talk about Bynum. And he's truly a unselfish player. The guy passes up a lot of shots to swing the ball to open teammates. Remember, KAJ got ahold of Bynum as a pup and helped mold him. If Hibbert would have gotten that opportunity I think he'd be even better.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.