Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Completely off topic, but I've seen a couple of recent articles about Antawn Jamison as a hall of famer......******* REALLY?
Ahhh kids.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather give him a chance over Steve Blake who's been pretty disappointing here in LA. Always figured he could be a little bit of what Shannon Brown was as combo guard. LAL has a clog at G atm.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I just have a feeling that offensively we will see some of the same problems with Pau and Dwight as we did when Bynum was there. Dwight and Bynum both need to be in the paint, and thats where Pau is most effective, people talk about his mid range game which is solid for his size and what not but hes not the type of 4 who would compliment guys like them well. Jamison is the right idea, but hes far from his prime.
I think your wrong, in that Gasol is not aggressive on the offensive end anymore and is not the offensive threat he once was. Guys push him off his spots all the time and he gets to the point where he'll just float around the key instead of bang inside and fight. Even when Bynum was on the bench he was playing the 5. He's played like face-up 4 for 2 years now. And not a good one. But Gasol will help D12 immensely though, and vice versa. Gasol is such a good passing big man, and such a unselfish player, he'll help in some high-low post sets as well with the Princeton stuff. And D12 presence should free up some easy weak-side looks for Pau and should get his fair share of offensive rebounds from the weak-side also. Howard being able to run the floor and being quicker laterally than Bynum will also allow Pau more flexibility defensively. He can hedge more on screens and fully commit to disrupting those plays, knowing D12 is behind him and can cover more ground.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Is Goudelock still on the team? If he is how has he looked? I liked him tbh.
They gave him extensive minutes at PG last night and the guy looked awful. He's not a PG and being a combo guard was really his only shot at making the team. He'll can't play PG at this level, not even in spot minutes so I think he's done and off to the D-League.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-20-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
They gave him extensive minutes at PG last night and the guy looked awful. He's not a PG and being a combo guard was really he's only shot at making the team. He'll can't play PG at this level, not even in spot minutes so I think he's done and off to the D-League.
Bleh! Not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping he'd make it, not sure why but I took a liking to him, thought he'd make a good scorer and yep Combo Guard was what I saw as well. O well, time to move on.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goudlock would be a good fit on this team if he was on the floor at the 2 spot with Kobe and Nash on the floor. He needs someone who can hit him in rythem because he has a pretty 3 point shot but they insist on making him a PG because of his size...a position he cant play.

Also, the fact that Darius Morris has a guaranteed contract is beyond me. He has the measurables and what not but he is bad. Not aggressive, but dribbles way too much. I want to see CDR play, the guy didn't play at all last game and he has looked good in the minutes he has played, Brown is annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Goudlock would be a good fit on this team if he was on the floor at the 2 spot with Kobe and Nash on the floor. He needs someone who can hit him in rythem because he has a pretty 3 point shot but they insist on making him a PG because of his size...a position he cant play.

Also, the fact that Darius Morris has a guaranteed contract is beyond me. He has the measurables and what not but he is bad. Not aggressive, but dribbles way too much. I want to see CDR play, the guy didn't play at all last game and he has looked good in the minutes he has played, Brown is annoying.
He's not a 2 in statue though. If your gonna be a 6'3 SG, you better be super athletic and a pure scorer like Monta. He's a shooter who isnt real athletic and can't put the ball on the floor and finish in traffic when guys run him off his spot? So what do you suggest? So you want him and Nash in the backcourt....together? Thats ZERO defense in your back court, exposing your bigs. And Kobe can't guard 3's.....not anymore at least. Whatever you get on offense, you'll give it right back on defense. If this team is a legitimate championship contender, guys like Glock are not on the roster. He has no position as a pro at this point.

Great article on CDR. Great read.
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/121018_cdr1on1

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I really should watch some preseason games. I was interested in watching Glock and Meeks and dear lord I hate our PGs after Nash.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont want him on the roster, I was just saying thats the only way he'd be successful lol.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I really should watch some preseason games. I was interested in watching Glock and Meeks and dear lord I hate our PGs after Nash.
Duhon has clearly outplayed Blake IMO.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have made a play for Barbosa if I were the Lakers.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Blake has been really disappointing since coming to LA IMO. He was brought in to hit 3s and stretch the floor but he's been extremely inconsistent and seems to be cold more often than not. I wouldn't be too upset with a Kobe/Meeks Nash/Duhon depth chart tbh.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Meeks will be a huge disappointment, IMO. I just feel it. I was never impressed with him as a Sixer. He cant create his own shot, is a so-so defender and a streaky shooter. That's really why I want CDR to make the team. He does a little bit of everything. But most importantly, he can take guys to the rack and finish in traffic. No one else outside the starting unit has that ability.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Barbosa was always a name talked about by laker fans but in the end thats the only reason...hes a name, and he has a little bit of experience playing with Nash. Hes more of a 2 guard too that plays PG. We need a true back up PG.

Meeks is a streaky player, hes gonna be great some nights...and some nights hes gonna look horrid.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I didn't follow the NBA too closely last season as I was pretty damn bitter so a lot of these guys are pretty new to me, which is why I'm asking. I'll start paying more attention even though I usually just blow off pre-season.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Chris Duhon is your best option as a backup PG that is a bad sign.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'd have made a play for Barbosa if I were the Lakers.
Honestly, it was a no-brainer. Scoring 2 guard who can give you spot minutes at the 1. I can understand why they were hesitant because he has to the dominate the ball to be effective. But we lack scoring off the bench and Barbosa would have solved that.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
When Chris Duhon is your best option as a backup PG that is a bad sign.
I know....Gross right?

Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody getting League Pass this year? I want to but I don't think you can get it for Comcast yet.. $179 early bird price which also includes Broadband and Mobile. Seems like a good deal.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the fact that he ******/impregnated Nash's wife might complicate things

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Anybody getting League Pass this year? I want to but I don't think you can get it for Comcast yet.. $179 early bird price which also includes Broadband and Mobile. Seems like a good deal.
I did it a couple years ago. Well worth it.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
the fact that he ******/impregnated Nash's wife might complicate things
I thought that was Jason Richardson?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have League Pass also. But it's called the internet.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

My dad's so peeved about the whole TWC Lakers deal. I was like "Pops, neither one of us is ever home anyways...and there's this thing called the interwebz" His response "Thought it was called the internet? Gtdamn I'm getting too old for this ****"

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: